• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question about Revelations: This doesn't start after the conclusion of Birthright/Conqeust, right? Do you pick up with the characters at the Ch 6 checkpoint? So this is like a third "What if?" Chapter ?

PK Gaming

CU1XXVGUEAAMpco.png

Source

Shun

Question about Revelations: This doesn't start after the conclusion of Birthright/Conqeust, right? Do you pick up with the characters at the Ch 6 checkpoint? So this is like a third "What if?" Chapter ?

not what if the paths are all what ifs

the game in japan is called fire emblem if

revelation is like SMT kill god path where you tell them fuck yo sides you coming to heaven with means we gon kill god

Astral Dog

Yes but Revelations being the more "cannon" path with the true final boss

Protect Oboro

Protect her with everything you got

Dont let anything ever happen to her

Ever

You don't have to tell me twice. If I were King Garon, I would've kidnapped her instead of Corrin.

I have the SE and it's on the cart. I think it comes out on the 10th for the others?

Wait, seriously? I remember seeing the option when I got to chapter 6 but figured it'd just give me some BS "The hour of truth has yet to arrive -Download Revelations on March 10th!" message if I picked it.

The more you know.

gO6C3QE.png

Charlotte's expressions are so funny. I think I'm gonna hook her up with Benny. They belong together.

Peri's voice is also fantastic. It really fits her character and design. One of the times where localization nailed it.

I have no idea how to use Seals and when to reclass - I'm especially unsure of when to use the Dread Scrolls.

Is there any reason to reclass Jakob/Felicia? They kick ass as Maid/Butler but since that's a promoted class I have no idea if I should be reclassing them at some point.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What do you mean by not supposed to do that? Level 20 is good. Pick whatever class you want. Samurai is from the thing you chose in character creation. Friendship seal is from having an A rank with someone with that class. (Kaze?)

Regardless, you're going to need to use a master seal eventually, as heart/friendship seals do not reset level so you're stuck at 20 until you use a master seal.

At this point, your only real option is to use a Master Seal. Heart Seals and Friendship Seals won't reset your level, so using either will just result in you becoming a level 20 Samurai or Ninja.

Though I suppose you could change to Ninja/Samurai and use a Master Seal from there if that's what you wanted.

Not really; it's all up to the RNG. Regardless of the outcome, he'll still end up in your party later in the game. I don't believe there are any rewards if he survives.

Wait so for a clarification, I heart sealed Nohr Prince to Ninja at lvl 20 which left me as a lvl 20 Ninja. I then Master Sealed the 20 Ninja into a lvl 1 Swordmaster. Have I lost anything by doing this? Can I still learn the Ninja abilities?

Draxal

gO6C3QE.png

Charlotte's expressions are so funny. I think I'm gonna hook her up with Benny. They belong together.

Peri's voice is also fantastic. It really fits her character and design. One of the times where localization nailed it.

Charlotte and Xander are the true OTP in this game.

I really dislike the name Corrin. Thought it sounded dumb the first time I heard it in promotional materials.

Yeah, I don't like it either, I much prefer Kamui in this case.

Trojita

I really dislike the name Corrin. Thought it sounded dumb the first time I heard it in promotional materials.

Wait so for a clarification, I heart sealed Nohr Prince to Ninja at lvl 20 which left me as a lvl 20 Ninja. I then Master Sealed the 20 Ninja into a lvl 1 Swordmaster. Have I lost anything by doing this? Can I still learn the Ninja abilities?

You won't be able to learn the Ninja or Samurai skills since you were already at max level when you promoted. I wouldn't sweat it too much though. If you change that unit's class again in the future, just make sure to do it with a few levels left to spare so you can grab the skills from the new class(es).

Trojita

You won't be able to learn the Ninja or Samurai skills since you were already at max level when you promoted. I wouldn't sweat it too much though. If you change that unit's class again in the future, just make sure to do it with a few levels left to spare so you can grab the skills from the new class(es).

Shiiiiiiit. I thought it was always better to max level a sub class for max gains. What is this madness!?

After watching some YouTube videos of Peri's Japanese voice, I vastly prefer the english dub. Muuuuch better. She reminds me of Numbuh 5 from KND

You don't have to tell me twice. If I were King Garon, I would've kidnapped her instead of Corrin.

This guy gets it 👊

Charlotte and Xander are the true OTP in this game.

I've seen some, uh, questionable fan art of those two looking for Charlotte's in game sprites.

Balphon

You'll get the base class skills in the promoted class if you don't have them.

In fact, you have to get them before you'll get the promoted class's skills.

Shiiiiiiit. I thought it was always better to max level a sub class for max gains. What is this madness!?

It is. Unlike Awakening, you get a finite number of levels.

Trojita

I don't know who to pair up in my Birthright run (1st run). I don't even know who to pair up with my MC. Halp.

Heh, that worked in Awakening since you could just use Second Seals to reset your level over and over again. Fates ain't about that life. dumb and wrong

No kidding? Huh, I guess I hadn't been paying close enough attention to my Heart Sealed units. Ignore everything I said, if that's the case. Apologies for the misinformation.

You're on Hoshido so it's not really worth fretting about skills when you can just buy them. Buying skills isn't even appreciably more expensive than burning through a ton of seals.

L95

This is incorrect, a Swordmaster will learn Samurai skills on the next couple levels if they don't already have the skills. (not 100 on which class skills the game picks from previous when a promoted class has two lower options though)

EDIT..... late. I need to stop posting between Splatoon matches...

Cheska

For those that are using Azama in the game, do you still use Jakob? I dropped Sakura a long time ago, and have mainly been using Jakob to heal as well as attack, so I'm just wondering if I should continue with that, or if there's some about Azama that makes him better?

This is incorrect, a Swordmaster will learn Samurai skills on the next couple levels if they don't already have the skills. (not 100 on which class skills the game picks from previous when a promoted class has two lower options though)

EDIT..... late. I need to stop posting between Splatoon matches...

So for further clarification, if you reclass as a lvl 15 promoted class into a new class that you didn't use the base class for, it'll take four level-ups to get all the skills, correct?

Ice9

Finally decided to buy the game, and am starting out with Birthright.

I was cautious going in due to not liking Awakening, but I am already loving this game way more. Throwaway story aside, I like the...pace? Speed? Flow? Of the game much better, both in and out of combat. I don't know if that makes sense, but have you noticed it too?

Balphon

So for further clarification, if you reclass as a lvl 15 promoted class into a new class that you didn't use the base class for, it'll take four level-ups to get all the skills, correct?

Yes, you should get them in the order the class would normally learn them and get the last one at 19.

kewlmyc

For those that are using Azama in the game, do you still use Jakob? I dropped Sakura a long time ago, and have mainly been using Jakob to heal as well as attack, so I'm just wondering if I should continue with that, or if there's some about Azama that makes him better?

Azama's strength growths are ridiculous so most people try to reclass him into an offensive focused class.

Folks help me out. I keep giving the game a shot but Chapter 4 (with the Yetis) I can't make it through without losing anybody. Chapter 3 took me nearly a dozen attempts as well. It can't possibly be this difficult, I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Renewed

Folks help me out. I keep giving the game a shot but Chapter 4 (with the Yetis) I can't make it through without losing anybody. Chapter 3 took me nearly a dozen attempts as well. It can't possibly be this difficult, I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Kaze can debuff enemies and Rinkah does more damage when she's not at full health. Sakura can heal you when you get in range. I believe it's fine to lose green Ally characters in these early chapters (they should say they're retreating). If you're having trouble getting up there, trying luring one enemy at a time and if you have to collapse a snow hill see if you can't have Ryoma nearby to help oneshot them. The enemies may have skills that lower your Strength by 6 or damage you for 10% of your total HP after combat.

Ugh. Birthright Chapter 23.
Stop with the fire Camilla. Seriously. :(

Some ways to get around it
You can hide in the alleyways and I believe she'll target where more of your forces are. I leave 2-3 units back to handle reinforcements while keeping pace with us as we move up.

Kaze can debuff enemies and Rinkah does more damage when she's not at full health. Sakura can heal you when you get in range. If you're having trouble getting up there, trying luring one enemy at a time and if you have to collapse a snow hill see if you can't have Ryoma nearby to help oneshot them. The enemies may have skills that lower your Strength by 6 or damage you for 10% of your total HP after combat.

Some ways to get around it
You can hide in the alleyways and I believe she'll target where more of your forces are. I leave 2-3 units back to handle reinforcements while keeping pace with us as we move up.

I meant more generally than that, actually. Usually what occurs is I move someone into attack and 3 enemies just instantly kill them the next turn.

Neol

I meant more generally than that, actually. Usually what occurs is I move someone into attack and 3 enemies just instantly kill them the next turn.

Press X and make sure to make note of how far the enemy can move and attack.

Generally one of the strategies in this game is to put one character in range of one enemy which in turn pulls him making it easy to clean up the following turn. Then its simple rinse and repeat.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chapter 25 Conquest:

OHHHH MAN. I barely, barely managed to complete this on hard. Without battle saves, I couldn't have. I was down to just Corrin, Xander, and Siegbert, with Ryoma and Kagero the only two left who could pose a threat. Xander and Siegbert could both take out Kagero, but they missed every. Single. Time. It didn't matter if I separated them, used another weapon, or whatever. Always a miss. So what do I do? I notice Xander is holding a Hero Seal. Would making a Lodestar even do anything? I was saving it for Shigure or Siegbert, both of who seem to fit the class better. You only get one in each playthrough. What have I got to lose, though?

So I use it.

BAM 26 DAMAGE YOU DEAD

Rush over to Dragon Vein. Whittle down Ryoma's health with Xander and Sieg. Both die. It's just Corrin and Ryoma. One hit to go. AAAAAAND RYOMA IS DOWN!!

Most intense battle ever. I don't know if I even want to reclass Xander back to Paladin now.

Renewed

Do you know their attack range? Hitting X to see the general danger zone and then clicking on enemies to see their own movement/danger zones? Something the enemy will do is move one unit just out of your adjacent space but then another enemy will move there so they can get a dual attack in on you. You can guard against the second attack with a Pair Up.

Pair-up prevents dual strikes try that, Unless you mean the last enemies near the boss then, I usually don't use the Dragon Vain on the last 4 Faceless because the mountain limits their movements making it easier to kill them all and have support as well.

My advice is go straight up and then left until you save the Green Allies, talk to them, and then work your way up to the boss. Sakura is the only one thats in real danger, but as long as you take advantage of dual Strike you should make it there no problem

Wait if
Lillith dies
in chapter 21 isnt it pointless to be constantly feeding her? Im at chapter 17 and havent even started my castle battles yet

ciD_Vain

Azama is easily one of my best units. I kept him as a Great Master and use him to bait enemies in. Because of his high DEF/RES/STR, he can tank multiple hits and hit back with a Lance, then recover some health with Renewal.

Luigi87

There is something satisfying about using a Master Seal in the middle of a chapter. Sakura hit 20 so made her a Priestess with a seal that an enemy dropped, lol

Sakura is evolving!

You're on Hoshido so it's not really worth fretting about skills when you can just buy them. Buying skills isn't even appreciably more expensive than burning through a ton of seals.

it gets more expensive when you are buying skills through your logbook and not through online castles

There is something satisfying about using a Master Seal in the middle of a chapter. Sakura hit 20 so made her a Priestess with a seal that an enemy dropped, lol

Sakura is evolving!

Oh you can use seals in the middle of a chapter? I thought you had to do it outside of battles?

Luigi87

Oh you can use seals in the middle of a chapter? I thought you had to do it outside of battles?

Nope, as long as the user is holding the item they can be used.
It's nice since the Promotion animation happens on the battlefield (as opposed to its default background).

ciD_Vain

Sakura is evolving!
My Sakura has Counter/Counter Magic/Renewal/Amaterasu. I just wish it was easier to get a Shining Bow! She's beastly.

Top Bottom