• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Xenoflare

Just do both. 20 turns is absolute overkill in terms of how much time it takes to cross the map on both sides safely.

There really isn't a point for doing both since complete just one of the objective can result in victory, the EXP given by the enemies in that chapter isn't that much anyways

suzu

Sorry, just one quick question. Is there a low level way to get two characters support levels up?

Trying to get Orochi and Hayato together, but they're too low level to do anything...

Visit a castle with a very low power rating and defeat their units.

Moonlight

Banned
There really isn't a point for doing both since complete just one of the objective can result in victory, the EXP given by the enemies in that chapter isn't that much anyways
You might as well, though? And you can definitely get a level or two out of the participants which will put Corrin ahead for later. If you complete both, you get the best of both worlds in terms of maximizing how much XP you can farm in a campaign absent opportunities (besides offspring I guess) and the item.

Balphon

No, I'm talking about the HP growth for my Elise, during my first playthrough she ended up with 26HP at level 10 promoted while in this playthrough her HP growth is stunningly well

Ah.

Yeah, that's prodigious HP growth alright, especially with how low HP totals generally are in this entry.

I wish I could make better use of Elise's high MAG but with E tomes and terrible defense it's too much of a risk.

Xenoflare

lol nice Elise doesn't even have that much HP on average at 20/20

Ah.

Yeah, that's prodigious HP growth alright, especially with how low HP totals generally are in this entry.

I wish I could make better use of Elise's high MAG but with E tomes and terrible defense it's too much of a risk.

Yeah she was getting HP growths for a good 5-6 levels straight, her abnormally high MAG can rival Leo's damage output with Brynhildr with a forged Fire Tome+2

Luigi87

What I did was
made all my real units up top all shoved to the corner out of the aggro zone only taking out enemies that moves in, while paring Corrin and Gunther up so slowly get my way to the boss

Just do both. 20 turns is absolute overkill in terms of how much time it takes to cross the map on both sides safely.

I got to the boss...
He got a counter crit on me... *headdesk*

CazTGG

Conquest 21:
Void Curse LOL. When they said it was an escape chapter, they MEANT it.
The map was pretty easy though, since there's Dragon Veins literally all over the place
to freeze everyone. Only had to take out the Golems and the boss for the Arms Scroll.

The only real reason to stick around is for weapon level grinding...I think. I have no idea how long it took me to realize I was wasting my time with respawning enemies on that map since I kept skipping the onslaught of respawning foes

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 13 was more RNG struggles. 3-4 dudes with sub-60 hit rates. SURELY one of them is going to miss.

Nope.

Easy chapter otherwise since I had the armorslayer, that and the flame shuriken made quick work of the knights.

Also, why is Corrin's boon speed but she's one of the slowest characters on my team. That's not how this is supposed to work.

Zebetite

Banned
Chapter 13 was more RNG struggles. 3-4 dudes with sub-60 hit rates. SURELY one of them is going to miss.

Nope.

Easy chapter otherwise since I had the armorslayer, that and the flame shuriken made quick work of the knights.

i just did conquest 10 on hard earlier today and i had to say goodbye to effie because she missed a fucking archer 3 times in a row at 85% and he slowly kited and chipped her down. i never sent any backup because the notion of giving a knight backup to fight an archer is utterly absurd and eventually i just surrendered her. nohr has no room in its armed forces for a knight who gets killed by a single archer. you'll never make general like that!

then felicia had a narrow brush with death when she missed a 98% dagger throw and i was just about ready to fly over to japan and punch intsys in the face

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
i just did conquest 10 on hard earlier today and i had to say goodbye to effie because she missed a fucking archer 3 times in a row at 85% and he slowly kited and chipped her down. i never sent any backup because the notion of giving a knight backup to fight an archer is utterly absurd and eventually i just surrendered her. nohr has no room in its armed forces for a knight who gets killed by a single archer. you'll never make general like that!

then felicia had a narrow brush with death when she missed a 98% dagger throw and i was just about ready to fly over to japan and punch intsys in the face

Chapter 10 was RNG fuckeryland for me. I can't get over how dumb that was. Constantly missing at 80+ while enemies were hitting left and right with 50s and 60s.

Fandangox

So does anyone know how offsprings seal work exactly? I got Dywer at level 20, Trobadour, the seal would put promote him, but at level 10 of the promotion line, does that mean its scale statwise, or am I losing possible stats with those 10 skipped levels?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I had more troubles with Ch13 than I did with Ch10.

Did you have the armorslayer? I could see it being pretty challenging without that, especially since both mages are so bad I dumped them.

Other than the Miracle Mages on the left side that never seemed to miss regardless of hitrates, I thought it relatively easy (on hard).

I actually found chapter 12 to be kind of hard until I realized the pots had the same bonus each time. So I was able to intentionally buff certain stats on certain units, and that made things easier.

Zebetite

Banned
So does anyone know how offsprings seal work exactly? I got Dywer at level 20, Trobadour, the seal would put promote him, but at level 10 of the promotion line, does that mean its scale statwise, or am I losing possible stats with those 10 skipped levels?

it scales in the exact same way they scale up to 20. even their weapon rank will scale up after promotion. everything i've seen points to the game simulating level-ups with story progress based on the character's growth rates.

children are exceedingly good at just plugging into an established army and rolling with it in this game, no matter where you are (outside of being tough to recruit in the very early/very late game). its why i've slowly started to ease up on resets and why i've already gotten more use out of the kids in birthright than i did in all of awakening.

but one thing i've wondered, and never tested, is what happens if you hold onto an offspring seal and use it after you've finished another story chapter.

ex: recruit kana, say, before ch20, and then keep her benched until you've finished ch22, then use the offspring seal. does she scale up to her ch19 version (when you recruited her) or to her ch22 version (your current scaling state)? if anyone knows the answer to this it would be appreciated

Fandangox

it scales in the exact same way they scale up to 20. even their weapon rank will scale up after promotion. everything i've seen points to the game simulating level-ups with story progress based on the character's growth rates.

children are exceedingly good at just plugging into an established army and rolling with it in this game, no matter where you are (outside of being tough to recruit in the very early/very late game). its why i've slowly started to ease up on resets and why i've already gotten more use out of the kids in birthright than i did in all of awakening.

but one thing i've wondered, and never tested, is what happens if you hold onto an offspring seal and use it after you've finished another story chapter.

ex: recruit kana, say, before ch20, and then keep her benched until you've finished ch22, then use the offspring seal. does she scale up to her ch19 version (when you recruited her) or to her ch22 version (your current scaling state)? if anyone knows the answer to this it would be appreciated

I never used the Children in awakening, and wasn't planning to use them here, but Dywer seems funny and this chapter is allowing me a lot of units, so I was thinking of just going with it. Thanks for the info, I think I will just do it then.

Takuan

I'm thinking I bought the wrong game of the two. Got rolled on the first real battle (I think Ch 6?) thinking that was part of the script, but then I got the game over text, haha.

I'll try it again tomorrow, shouldn't have gone just bumrushed the enemy like that.

ChrisD

Beat Birthright, but I lost a ton of people in Endgame. Missed an 80% attack I was betting everything on. Landed the 50% beforehand! But it wasn't meant to be. And to make it worse, the first casualty in the slaughter was Kana. Their death quote is so sad. It's simply, "I love you mama(/papa, I presume)..." :(

While it's not "on the record" since the game goes back to the last chapter instead of recognizing that you've beat the game, I still need to beat it without losing anyone... Because I skipped all the credits and cutscenes since I didn't want to spoil the moment of actually beating the game under my terms of not losing anyone.

Now I can't get back to Endgame though, I keep screwing up my unit placement and someone dies. These credits will be so fulfilling when I actually get to see them.

For my own record keeping, my final playtime for the first completion was 49:33

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, the grind for S ranks IS THE WORST. The thought of having to redo this 2 more times is going to keep me from replaying the other paths.

ChrisD

Birthright Chapter 24. Infinite Enemies? Because I feel like I've slaughtered a medium sized towns worth of people.

Pretty sure the flyers are endless. Shut the flood gates with the Dragon Veins and you have enough time to move your team around to where they're not an issue.

It was the beginning that killed me on that map. So many strong enemies all around you.

Pretty sure the flyers are endless. Shut the flood gates with the Dragon Veins and you have enough time to move your team around to where they're not an issue.

It was the beginning that killed me on that map. So many strong enemies all around you.

They're not, they stop after like turn 22 or something absurd.

Airgetlam

They're not, they stop after like turn 22 or something absurd.

lol. You're right. I learned the hard way. It was about turn 22 or so when they stopped. I backed myself into the bottom of the map and I invested so much time already that I couldn't bring myself to start over. On the bright side I've now over leveled some units. Also Astra is too godly.

Kalentan

Doing Paralogue 14: After the End and ended up having to restart it after Hayato ended...

Well... No, I actually continued on for a while. Freaking Subaki and Rinkah are monsters. No matter how many faceless surrounded them, they would just take no damage and kill them easily. Silas did the same. Subaki went from 9 to 15. Sadly that was lost when I restarted. Trying to rush to the end.

there goes me trying to capture every boss I could when Deere decided to critical luna Nichol and knock out 30 hp of his

I kept all the stupid villagers alive so not resetting over this lol

Squire

Banned
Okay, I started again from Branching Fates on Nohr, but because I played Birthright on Hard, Conquest is set to Hard and I can't change it and Chapter 6 already seems impossible for me.

If I start a brand new game, will I still be able to use the Endgame units from Birthright I sent to my logbook? Can I use them on Conquest? Also, since I have both versions now do I get the Dread Scrolls or whatever bonuses or was that just for people who got the SE?

Okay, I started again from Branching Fates on Nohr, but because I played Birthright on Hard, Conquest is set to Hard and I can't change it and Chapter 6 already seems impossible for me.

If I start a brand new game, will I still be able to use the Endgame units from Birthright I sent to my logbook? Can I use them on Conquest? Also, since I have both versions now do I get the Dread Scrolls or whatever bonuses or was that just for people who got the SE?

if you got the path from the main game u should get it under the bonus feature in my castle

as for chapter 6 on conquest avoid ryoma like the plague and go after everyone else (seriously ryoma kills everything :/)

id try to target takumi first,then hinoka then yukimura then sakura (try to use the freeze staff on ryoma whenever he decides to aggro xander or decides to come at you

Squire

Banned
if you got the path from the main game u should get it under the bonus feature in my castle

as for chapter 6 on conquest avoid ryoma like the plague and go after everyone else (seriously ryoma kills everything :/)

id try to target takumi first,then hinoka then yukimura then sakura (try to use the freeze staff on ryoma whenever he decides to aggro xander or decides to come at you

Cool, I'll try this! If I can just beat chapter 6 I can drop it to Normal.

I'm pretty sure Chapter 6 Conquest is exactly the same on all difficulties, so...

my assumption is just the stats are better in later difficulties and ryoma being a stupid 2 hit monster on everything on your side (seriously why cant xander hit this guy ?)

speaking of which whats a good way to approach chapter 8 conquest on lunatic (im going at this game hella slow lol)

my assumption is just the stats are better in later difficulties and ryoma being a stupid 2 hit monster on everything on your side (seriously why cant xander hit this guy ?)

Nope his stats are the exactly same, strategy's the same too just freeze Ryoma with Elise and mop up the rest.

silva1991

Some weapons are strong against spirits(blue icon)

this is my second playthrough and I still have no idea who spirits are

I recognize armored, pegasus and wyrm/dragon types but never recognized spirit type to use special swords against them!

Tingle

Some weapons are strong against spirits(blue icon)

this is my second playthrough and I still have no idea who spirits are

I recognize armored, pegasus and wyrm/dragon types but never recognized spirit type to use special swords against them!

Those are the monsters you see every now and then, not spirits. They are called Faceless, I think.

Top Bottom