• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

brinstar

The back of the Conquest box says you work with your siblings to change Nohr from within. I'm guessing that's how they'll justify it.

Ah, I was wondering if it'd be something like that. I'm glad it's not just "be an evil bastard and trample the Hoshidans" then haha.

ChrisD

WkeVIxEh.jpg

Called the GameStop after lunch to ask if they could hold a set of keychains. Family then got home a lot (as in, eight+ hours) earlier than I expected, and therefore, the vehicle!

I can now stop worrying about anything with this game. Everything is in my hands. You don't know how much stress I was having seeing those eBay prices, knowing I would never have the SE (barring HOPEFULLY PLENTY of reprints) if my order was screwy.

The art book is excellent.
The keychains look cool.
The pouch is thinner than I'd like, but I'll be using it from here on for my system (and keep my old one for game carrying :lol:).

And finally, the reverse cover boxart is beautiful. Does every copy have that, or just the SE? It seems like it would be the same with Birthright and Conquest just due to how much the art is used.

Kinsei

Banned
So I had my first game over... on chapter 4. I thought Ryoma would help fight the boss since it showed he could move when I highlighted him so I didn't bother preparing for the boss. I was so very, very wrong.

joelseph

I went Conquest - Hard - Classic - Male - Clever/Unlucky - Diviner. Looking forward to going into this blind. The second FE:F topic on the front page is confusing. Should be merged into this one.

B00TE

Played the JP Birthright but I'm still so incredibly hype to play the game again (Conquest and Revelations). Didn't think I'd really get that much more excited.

An undub patch is already out! There's seperate patches for Conquest and Birthright, does anyone know if they work when one version is installed as DLC?

edit: Apparently, you just need to install the one that matches the gameID you have, and then all DLC is also patched. The patch for the special edition is not up yet, but should be coming out tonight.

Copies arrived! Spouse looked the SE up on eBay before shrugging and opening it anyway. *phew* If you had any idea how hard it is for me to get them to accept nice presents...

Going to go make my Awakening-Baby-Birthright-Corrin now.

I'm probably crazy, but I'm about to start with Hoshido on Lunatic Classic mode. I've played almost all FE games and really want a challenge, though some games on lunatic are just impossible. Wish me luck lol

ChrisD

Copies arrived! Spouse looked the SE up on eBay before shrugging and opening it anyway. *phew* If you had any idea how hard it is for me to get them to accept nice presents...

Going to go make my Awakening-Baby-Birthright-Corrin now.

As in they didn't want to accept because of the price? That's like my whole family, haha.

Glad they opened it. ^^

Luigi87

So I was gonna Male/Conquest, Female/Birthright (that way one of each + marrying Camilla), but.. two chapters in and I'm already becoming attached to female Corrin.

As in they didn't want to accept because of the price? That's like my whole family, haha.

Glad they opened it. ^^

Yep, very much an "I don't deserve something this expensive," reaction even though the actual amount out of pocket was a lot lower than the (somewhat understandably) jacked prices on eBay right now due to the release day supply problems.

Thank you, me too! (Though it is freaking Fire Emblem on a handheld, the only game series they still play religiously, so I wasn't too worried.)

Trying to think of a good name... hope everyone gets their copies soon. It sucks that after Awakening had such problems and sold mega-numbers that there are still supply chain issues with the successor.

Busaiku

The first 6 chapters were not long at all.
I expected a couple hours, but it was just a bit over one, and that was me grinding, getting Corrin to take out everyone she could.

Wensih

Its tied to the cart.

So does this mean that your cart becomes the SE version when you buy the other two versions? Or are the other two versions tied to the system as well as the cart? So I wouldnt be able to play revelations on a different 3DS even if I had the copy of birthright that the revelations purchase is tied to?

Luigi87

So does this mean that your cart becomes the SE version when you buy the other two versions? Or are the other two versions tied to the system as well as the cart? So I wouldnt be able to play revelations on a different 3DS even if I had the copy of birthright that the revelations purchase is tied to?

It would be tied to the system unless you did a system transfer.

Whats the best talent!?

Depends on your route and gender. You don't want a Talent you can get through Friend Seals. And you probably don't want the one you'll get through a marriage seal either. You may want to consider who you're going to marry too since your Talent is the class they get from their marriage seal and one that Kana inherits.

As a rule of thumb go for a class from the opposite route.

Depends on your route and gender. You don't want a Talent you can get through Friend Seals. And you probably don't want the one you'll get through a marriage seal either. You may want to consider who you're going to marry too since your Talent is the class they get from their marriage seal and one that Kana inherits.

As a rule of thumb go for a class from the opposite route.

This really doesn't matter unless you intend on going all in postgame, but then this is only really a point in Revelation.

(and even then I don't think the ones you can miss are much good anyway)

Xamdou

depends on your build, +strength (???)/+magic (Clever) and -luck (Unlucky) is generally good though

oh do you mean secondary class?

At the character selection screen, for Talent option is has: Samurai, Oni Savage, Lancer, Diviner, Monk, Sky Knight, Archer, Dragon, Ninja, Apothecary, Mage, Troubadour, Cavelier, Knight, Fighter, Mercenary, Outlaw. I am going for a max damage build and able to tank.

This really doesn't matter unless you intend on going all in postgame, but then this is only really a point in Revelation.

(and even then I don't think the ones you can miss are much good anyway)

You can get every class from your route on Birthright / Conquest too (except that M!Corrin can't get Oni Fighter on Hoshido except by Marriage). But yeah if you're going to seriously post game Revelations is much better to do it on.

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 5 was interesting. The chapter is set up in a way that your first instinct is the wrong path and will probably lead to some characters biting the dust. I really liked it.

Having played through the game already, here's a question I never figured out.

Can you change the type of gathering spot you have, or is it assigned at random? I figure it's the latter, to force you to visit other Castles on a regular basis, but perhaps I missed something.

Matriox

So I just picked up Conquest from best buy, decided to buy Birthright as digital dlc from there too because of GCU, I'm not quite positive where I'm suppose to redeem this dlc? The Nintendo store says it's tied to the game but nowhere to put the code in I can find in the game? Sorry if someone asked/answered this already, I didn't see it in the op.

Renewed

Having played through the game already, here's a question I never figured out.

Can you change the type of gathering spot you have, or is it assigned at random? I figure it's the latter, to force you to visit other Castles on a regular basis, but perhaps I missed something.

A demonstrator for My Castle explained that the materials you gather are limited in your Castle and you can visit other's Castles (via Streetpass or internet) to gather their materials that you might not have. Someone can confirm/deny/add to this but I just started the game, so it'll be a while until I see for myself.

Loco4Coco

Tried to go Hard on Birthrights but kept on getting killed, so restarted on Normal setting.

Funny cause I had no problem on Hard setting in Awakening.

Lunar15

Tried to go Hard on Birthrights but kept on getting killed, so restarted on Normal setting.

Funny cause I had no problem on Hard setting in Awakening.

They've definitely changed things up between Awakening and Fates. People who assume that Birthright is "simply more awakening" are in for a bit of a surprise.

Top Bottom