• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

A demonstrator for My Castle explained that the materials you gather are limited in your Castle and you can visit other's Castles (via Streetpass or internet) to gather their materials that you might not have. Someone can confirm/deny/add to this but I just started the game, so it'll be a while until I see for myself.

That's what I figured. The combination of visiting other Castles and Arena wagers is how you grind your way to resources.

ciD_Vain

Does anyone know if Its possible to let my friend use my amiibos on my new 3ds but using his own cartridge? After I've already used them of course.

The first 6 chapters were not long at all.
I expected a couple hours, but it was just a bit over one, and that was me grinding, getting Corrin to take out everyone she could.

They were surprisingly difficult on Hard, but I absolutely love how strategic the battles are. Chapters 3 and 5 required some memorization.

I'm on Chapter 7 Conquest. The real fun begins!

Shun

Yes visiting castles gives access to free resources. But you will need gold if you choose to buy items or battle at a different castle.

My Castle visiting can really mess up the game balance if you choose to grind it, but it is optional and a lot less intrusive to the game.

Does anyone know if Its possible to let my friend use my amiibos on my new 3ds but using his own cartridge? After I've already used them of course.

Yes amiibo is free.

You can scan them 3 times for bonuses and recruiting. You just need to stagger your amiibo scan per battle.

I don't think there's any Read/Write for Fire Emblem Fates, so your friend should have no problem using your Amiibos.

I'm at the Chapter 6 decision point, and I must say that while I went into the game with my heart set on Conquest, I'm tempted to take advantage of my SE and do Revelation first just to see if it makes an iota of sense at all. I didn't even know the game would let you pick it until you had completed one of Conquest or Birthright, but perhaps I was misinformed.

I adore this game so far. The rebalancing of the Pair Up system to encourage keeping units spread apart for risky play and force you to pick off enemy pairs is exquisite.

(Edit: Didn't go through with it after reading the stern warning in both the game and the OP. Conquest first it is.)

Busaiku

Are Lilith's stats not random?
Reset like 4 times and only got Set.
Didn't the castle area was random, and I had a really good one initially...
He gets even better. Especially with his kid. Dude has no chill.
Can't decide if I should husbando or not...

Alucrid

Banned
Well ups didn't leave the game at my front door like they always do. Now I have to wait until Monday too, shitty Friday release dates

Shun

Are Lilith's stats not random?
Reset like 4 times and only got Set.
Didn't the castle area was random, and I had a really good one initially...

Can't decide if I should husbando or not...

Depends if you like
Sebastian/Alfred more
or
L from Death Note more.

Ala Alba

Hmm, quick question: Does anyone know what a heart next to a person's name on the private quarters list means? Some characters have it, and others don't.

Shun

Hmm, quick question: Does anyone know what a heart next to a person's name on the private quarters list means? Some characters have it, and others don't.

Characters you will get a support bonus for during that session. The rest is just cause you want to.

Chase17

Made it through chapter 6. So far so good (since the unit I let fall came back). Trying to figure out the castle thing now.

I like that you can build a statue of yourself immediately lol.

Friend of mine is wondering how the DLC works. Insists on buying both Conquest and Birthright physically, knowing about the bonuses lost from not going part-digital and obvious extra cost. Anyways, he's wondering that, if he were to get Revelation, would it be available for both carts? Or would the eShop do something weird and categorize it as "Revelation for physical Birthright owners"?

Shun

Friend of mine is wondering how the DLC works. Insists on buying both Conquest and Birthright physically, knowing about the bonuses lost from not going part-digital and obvious extra cost. Anyways, he's wondering that, if he were to get Revelation, would it be available for both carts? Or would the eShop do something weird and categorize it as "Revelation for physical Birthright owners"?

It should work. I haven't tested it since I only own the Special Editions of both languages but he or she should go in knowing that it's at their own discretion whether or not it works.

I see no reason why it doesn't share between carts other than you just miss out on quite a few bonuses. But if it doesn't work, just take the L.

It should work. I haven't tested it since I only own the Special Editions of both languages but he or she should go in knowing that it's at their own discretion whether or not it works.

I see no reason why it doesn't share between carts other than you just miss out on quite a few bonuses. But if it doesn't work, just take the L.

Thanks. I'll tell him.

I finished Chapter 3, which threw me for a loop near the end but I managed. I'm still really thinking this is going to be an Ironman game.

well thankfully ups delivered my SE

of course it was dented in like three different places thanks to amazon packaging

at least it didn't get wet so yay?

looking forward to starting it after work at least

Just saw a notification pop up about a free dlc map called "Before Awakening." Is this map grindable in Conquest? I heard both that DLC maps are grindable and that there was no grinding in Conquests sooo

Shun

Just saw a notification pop up about a free dlc map called "Before Awakening." Is this map grindable in Conquest? I heard both that DLC maps are grindable and that there was no grinding in Conquests sooo

No only the grind specific DLC map gives experience in Conquest. All maps give experience in Birthright.

All fights in general give you support bonuses regardless of route.

Just to make sure I got this right,

I preordered and bought birth right physical and did the gamestop 20$ digital code for conquest. It's the same game up until chapter six and at that point I can put in my digital code to unluck the conquest part of it or continue with the birth right part of it.

Also what's the best sword/speed class?

JCX

Really impressed with the production value in the early scenes. Can't think of another SRPG that felt this polished in a while.

rhandino

Banned
Me: Hi, do you have the new Fire Emblem game?
Clerk: Yes!
Me: Yas! I want the Conquest Edition please!
Clerk: Sure, we also have a special edition with all the 3 ver.
Me: Wait, what?
Clerk: * Goes to the back and bring a Special Edition * Here it is!
Me:
XS8oWXt.gif

Sometimes I love to live in this country!

ryseing

Sometimes I love to live in this country!

Holy shit! Congrats man! The SE is super awesome. Love the cloth pouch.

Birthright Chapter 7

They had the perfect opportunity for a defend map but NOOOOO. Guess I'm going to have to wait until Conquest for varying objectives.

Just had my first restart. Loving this game.

They've definitely changed things up between Awakening and Fates. People who assume that Birthright is "simply more awakening" are in for a bit of a surprise.
The new pair-up mechanic has gotten me killed a few times.
I keep forgetting that enemy adjacent one another attack too.

Top Bottom