• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Okay, finally got around to finishing my first playthrough, of Birthright, and I have some questions. (Oh, and I suppose this makes for spoilers for this version to some degree, so I'll mark everything just to be safe).

First off, what exactly was the "pick 5 characters" for? it was incredibly unclear and was just like "okay, saved". Oh, and it's weird to me that (especially after Awakening had done such a thing), beating the game seems to have unlocked a log of support conversations and other such extras, or a lunatic mode or anything.

Also, I went with Hard mode to start with for the first time in a Fire Emblem. And geeze, that certainly did what it said, as it was VERY hard to tank hits and took some real caution to get by. Definitely had quite a few soft resets due to character deaths. And geeze, hard mode made the ending map especially insane. Not as in "hard to beat", but since they surround you so thoroughly, you're pretty much boned and can only safely hide a few characters and have to essentially sacrifice at least a few... Aaaaand I just realized that "pairing up" would've saved those 5 or so deaths I painfully tanked to get to the ending. Guess that not coming to mind is because I never used it, which may in itself be a problem. Also surprising (but I was VERY grateful for it) was that dragon Garon just kind of walked forward to let me wack at him until I won, instead of messing with those scary looking Dragon Veins or whatever.

And while I'm sure this is partially due to my poor optimization of the player character, and I'm sure Revelations will probably do something about it... good lord did my player character end up weak by the end due to the lack of an evolved form and capping at 20. Just was pure dead weight for at least half of the game. Ryoma had a similar "not evolving after 20 and hits that level real fast" issue which made him and EXP sponge if you let him, but he was also an ungodly powerful unit, so... yeah.

Oh, and it may have been hard mode making the designs shine due to forcing you to play by their rules, but there were some very nice maps. In particular, the Opera House one may have my favorite objective design+map layout in the series, as it's just super cleverly crafted.

But yeah, thanks to all the resets, that jacked up to a massive 37.5 hour playtime for a single playthrough, so I think I'll take a temporary break, but I'll definitely come back for the other two playthroughs. Oh, and one last thing: I was frustratingly exactly ONE heart from a full set for my player character's husband in the little house. What would getting that have done?

Ah, and one more quick question: Nohr/Conquest (and presumably possibly Revelations?) are supposed to be harder and have less/no grinding, right? Considering Birthright on hard put up a pretty serious fight, should I drop down to normal for those to not end up with some insane amount of difficulty that I can't handle, or is it not THAT much worse?

Edit: Also, how's the DLC this time around?

did you not use a master seal on corrin?

Boogiepop

did you not use a master seal on corrin?

...Could've sworn I tried and it didn't work. Does it work and did my brain just stupidly assume the character was locked to a plot event evolving like old lords and whatnot and never try? Welp, I feel INCREDIBLY stupid and it would seem I made hard mode significantly harder on myself than need be.

Edit: Went back into my save to double check, and yup, I feel REALLY stupid now. Thanks, though, as that at least means I won't repeat this mistake in the other 2 games/versions.

Linkark07

Banned
Okay, finally got around to finishing my first playthrough, of Birthright, and I have some questions. (Oh, and I suppose this makes for spoilers for this version to some degree, so I'll mark everything just to be safe).

First off, what exactly was the "pick 5 characters" for? it was incredibly unclear and was just like "okay, saved". Oh, and it's weird to me that (especially after Awakening had done such a thing), beating the game seems to have unlocked a log of support conversations and other such extras, or a lunatic mode or anything.

Also, I went with Hard mode to start with for the first time in a Fire Emblem. And geeze, that certainly did what it said, as it was VERY hard to tank hits and took some real caution to get by. Definitely had quite a few soft resets due to character deaths. And geeze, hard mode made the ending map especially insane. Not as in "hard to beat", but since they surround you so thoroughly, you're pretty much boned and can only safely hide a few characters and have to essentially sacrifice at least a few... Aaaaand I just realized that "pairing up" would've saved those 5 or so deaths I painfully tanked to get to the ending. Guess that not coming to mind is because I never used it, which may in itself be a problem. Also surprising (but I was VERY grateful for it) was that dragon Garon just kind of walked forward to let me wack at him until I won, instead of messing with those scary looking Dragon Veins or whatever.

And while I'm sure this is partially due to my poor optimization of the player character, and I'm sure Revelations will probably do something about it... good lord did my player character end up weak by the end due to the lack of an evolved form and capping at 20. Just was pure dead weight for at least half of the game. Ryoma had a similar "not evolving after 20 and hits that level real fast" issue which made him and EXP sponge if you let him, but he was also an ungodly powerful unit, so... yeah.

Oh, and it may have been hard mode making the designs shine due to forcing you to play by their rules, but there were some very nice maps. In particular, the Opera House one may have my favorite objective design+map layout in the series, as it's just super cleverly crafted.

But yeah, thanks to all the resets, that jacked up to a massive 37.5 hour playtime for a single playthrough, so I think I'll take a temporary break, but I'll definitely come back for the other two playthroughs. Oh, and one last thing: I was frustratingly exactly ONE heart from a full set for my player character's husband in the little house. What would getting that have done?

Ah, and one more quick question: Nohr/Conquest (and presumably possibly Revelations?) are supposed to be harder and have less/no grinding, right? Considering Birthright on hard put up a pretty serious fight, should I drop down to normal for those to not end up with some insane amount of difficulty that I can't handle, or is it not THAT much worse?

Edit: Also, how's the DLC this time around?

You probably didn't use Master Seal on your Avatar. On almost all characters, after they get to level 20, you should use a Master Seal for promote them to a more advanced and powerful class. After that, they can gain new levels until 20, unless you use an Eternal Seal, which let that character gain 5 more levels.

Yes, Conquest and Revelations are harder than Birthright, especially the former. In Conquest, only way to level up is doing main chapters, paralogues or Boo Camp.

Boogiepop

You probably didn't use Master Seal on your Avatar. On almost all characters, after they get to level 20, you should use a Master Seal for promote them to a more advanced and powerful class. After that, they can gain new levels until 20, unless you use an Eternal Seal, which let that character gain 5 more levels.

Yes, Conquest and Revelations are harder than Birthright, especially the former. In Conquest, only way to level up is doing main chapters, paralogues or Boo Camp.

Yeah, I have no idea how I missed that. I swear, I've played through literally every game since the first one came out in English (IE the one just titled "Fire Emblem" over here), plus the remake of Mystery of the Emblem, so I'm thoroughly aware of the systems. I guess I just got into a dumb "the main character is totally a Lord and thus only class changes through plot" mindset and subconsciously never checked... which is ridiculous because I definitely DID check Ryoma.

Actually, with the note that I significantly handicapped myself in that way and only used a grinding map once to force a character to level 20 quicker so I could justify a class change, do you think the others on hard would be doable? Mostly I just still want to be able to advance while picking whatever characters suit my fancy, and not have to worry about maximizing anything (ESPECIALLY potential headaches like needing to reroll after a bad level up) like what I've always imagined Lunatic and up to involve.

Oh, and (Birthright midgame spoiler), I guess I was also handicapped by
using Kaze as part of my main party up until when he died via plot, so that kind of screwed up my team. Whoops!

Yeah, I have no idea how I missed that. I swear, I've played through literally every game since the first one came out in English (IE the one just titled "Fire Emblem" over here), plus the remake of Mystery of the Emblem, so I'm thoroughly aware of the systems. I guess I just got into a dumb "the main character is totally a Lord and thus only class changes through plot" mindset and subconsciously never checked... which is ridiculous because I definitely DID check Ryoma.

Actually, with the note that I significantly handicapped myself in that way and only used a grinding map once to force a character to level 20 quicker so I could justify a class change, do you think the others on hard would be doable? Mostly I just still want to be able to advance while picking whatever characters suit my fancy, and not have to worry about maximizing anything (ESPECIALLY potential headaches like needing to reroll after a bad level up) like what I've always imagined Lunatic and up to involve.

Oh, and (Birthright midgame spoiler), I guess I was also handicapped by
using Kaze as part of my main party up until when he died via plot, so that kind of screwed up my team. Whoops!
if he had a support rank of A with corrin he survives, wish i knew that earlier

Boogiepop

if he had a support rank of A with corrin he survives, wish i knew that earlier

Dang, that's kind of mean, and I wish I knew that too, especially since now I feel guilty for letting an unnecessary death happen.
Edit: I got curious about the recommended strategy for the hell of a last chapter, and... do the lower difficulties let you create mid-fight hard saves? Because I'm pretty sure I never had that option. Or at least I hope this isn't another case of me being stupid and missing something, as that would've been helpful...

Dang, that's kind of mean, and I wish I knew that too, especially since now I feel guilty for letting an unnecessary death happen.
Edit: I got curious about the recommended strategy for the hell of a last chapter, and... do the lower difficulties let you create mid-fight hard saves? Because I'm pretty sure I never had that option. Or at least I hope this isn't another case of me being stupid and missing something, as that would've been helpful...

if you play on casual you can make mid game hard saves

im hoping that conquest and revelations doesnt pull the character dies if not certain rank with corrin, someone tell if they do

Renewed

If you choose Classic, you get bookmarks which are one-time use saves. Casual gives you battle saves so you can reload that spot anytime.

yami4ct

Last chapter of Birthright is actually really easy to beat if you've got the right strategy. Your Corrin should be fast enough to double the boss. Partner them up with something that gives them +skill or +spd of you need it. Use a curse staff to bring the boss to half health. Hit them with Corrin and if they proc Dragon Fang you win. If not, dance them with Azura and that should do it. If your staff user misses, you can either dance them or trade the staff to a new user. As long as you position your army right at the start, it's very easy to 1-turn. I did it on Hard in 1 that way.

KSai

]First off, what exactly was the "pick 5 characters" for? it was incredibly unclear and was just like "okay, saved".

It's not a spoiler. After you beat the campaign you can choose 5 characters to enter in your Unit Logbook. Then you can buy their skills again the next time you play without having to grind them. Works great in Conquest.

Finally finished Birthright a little while ago, probably spent a little too much time playing challenge maps, inflated my final playtime to around 41 hours, but I did utilize them to S-tier all regular and child units. Story was a little dumb at times, gameplay was great though.

Anyway, started Conquest up. Feels weird going against the Hoshidan family since Garon is pretty obviously evil from the get go. Only through chapter 7 now, but it seems like they've already addressed that, so I'm actually legitimately curious about how the story progresses from here.

Boogiepop

Last chapter of Birthright is actually really easy to beat if you've got the right strategy. Your Corrin should be fast enough to double the boss. Partner them up with something that gives them +skill or +spd of you need it. Use a curse staff to bring the boss to half health. Hit them with Corrin and if they proc Dragon Fang you win. If not, dance them with Azura and that should do it. If your staff user misses, you can either dance them or trade the staff to a new user. As long as you position your army right at the start, it's very easy to 1-turn. I did it on Hard in 1 that way.
Yeah, as mentioned I kind of boned myself super hard and somehow missed that I could just master seal my Corrin, so I was getting like a 50% chance of doing maybe 9 damage in exchange for instant death. I can see how that would be thoroughly more doable if you didn't do something stupid, but yeah, if you let even a single turn pass death comes raining down upon you and it's awful.
It's not a spoiler. After you beat the campaign you can choose 5 characters to enter in your Unit Logbook. Then you can buy their skills again the next time you play without having to grind them. Works great in Conquest.

Ah, thanks. Neat!

Edit: Oh right, for when I get around to it, do I just start a new save file and then I can keep my old one when I want to start a different path? Also, is there a support log to be filled (and read whenever) somewhere in the game, like in Awakening (and I'm pretty sure past games)?

CazTGG

Revelation is the least challenging of the three by far, mostly on account of the weak map design that rarely ever presents a challenge.

EDIT: I feel I should add an example: There is a map very late into the game where two characters are given a 3 x 3 grid that heals units around them and makes them significantly more difficult to hit. Not only is the enemy placement sparse enough that they don't pose a threat when you stick together but the respawning enemies are just free experience that doesn't cost a single piece of gold which makes it easy to pick up more levels and supports in preparation for the final (underwhelming) battle, doubly so since you're given some of the most powerful weapons in the game during this level.

Renewed

Edit: Oh right, for when I get around to it, do I just start a new save file and then I can keep my old one when I want to start a different path? Also, is there a support log to be filled (and read whenever) somewhere in the game, like in Awakening (and I'm pretty sure past games)?

You can just go to "Branch of Fate" and pick which side to take from the branch at Chapter 6. The support log is in a building called "Records Hall" and will pull supports from your save files (male and female avatars).

Azuran

Banned
Revelation is the least challenging of the three by far, mostly on account of the weak map design that rarely ever presents a challenge.

EDIT: I feel I should add an example: There is a map very late into the game where two characters are given a 3 x 3 grid that heals units around them and makes them significantly more difficult to hit. Not only is the enemy placement sparse enough that they don't pose a threat when you stick together but the respawning enemies are just free experience that doesn't cost a single piece of gold which makes it easy to pick up more levels and supports in preparation for the final (underwhelming) battle, doubly so since you're given some of the most powerful weapons in the game during this level.

Revelation is the easiest because you get access to both Ryoma and Xander. Game was always going to be easy no matter the map design. Place them in the middle of the map, and watch them kill everything that enters their attack range.

After playing Conquest for a fair amount and thinking about it, it's a solid 7/10 game for me.

Although I'm one to perfer gameplay to story, there were times where I felt I shouldn't be playing certain chapter because of the stupidity of the characters. They were also times were it felt like filler and should've been a sidequests type chapter (of course paralouges ruin that).

Strangely enough I never played past Paralouge 2, and still felt I played too much with all the content, which should be a plus, but I felt burn out right away. Conquest times felt that it took to long to do chapters. Which I don't mind, but it became too frequent in my opinion. Of course, I have played FE4 but the story continuing to go on in 4 made it more bearable to handle, While Fates felt like a chore. In fact I actually perfer Awakenings map design and believe they would be more appeticate led if they had better objectives to go along with.

Music is great. Better then Most FE game, even if it doesn't have those 10/10 songs. Although I really did not like the final chapter having Azura singing. It just felt weird and out of place, but this is just a nitpick on my part.

Azura was a really stupid character in Conquest. That ending annoyed the hell out of me, but I've yet to play the true story of the game so this could easily change.

Speaking of characters, I'm annoyed of how easy and effortlessly it is to recurit characters. It used to be part of the challange, but now Corrin can persuade anyone or they just come in already in your team. However, because of the story this seems understandable. Although Jakob and Flora just coming in and you staying slient was stupid. Support conversations were great in Conquest in my opinion, but platonic relationships would be nice.

All in all, the story is actually important to me in Fire Emblem games apprently and this game was the first where I felt disappointed by it and actually cause me to not want to do replays. I'm not asking for a Academy Award story, just entertaining or at least enjoyable. This game was neither for me. I find the Kingdom hearts stories stupid as hell once I try to think about them, but I'm still enjoying them and entertain by them.

Just For the love of God, please start using a narrator again, both 3DS games had too much exposition. Too many character talking to themselfs, but I'll be honest I don't remember if the other games had the same problem and I'm sure characters did do some exposition. But this would make the story flow better without keeping reminding me about what I just been told and seen.

So yeah 7/10.

CazTGG

Speaking of characters, I'm annoyed of how easy and effortlessly it is to recruit characters.

This in particular bugged me because it represented one of Fates' biggest overall waste in terms of narrative. What Fates is trying to do on each path to varying extents (Revelation in particular with
[insert kid who turns into a faceless here] toying Gunter trying to prey
) in relation to its theme of trust is actually rather brilliant, attempting to comment and deconstruct the series long-standing, highly questionable tradition of having the main character openly welcome enemy units to their side after a single conversation with very little regard for the consequences i.e. how convenient it is that not once has this lead to an assassination attempt or another grievous setback in the previous games
aside from Orson which really wasn't all that much of a backwards step since Eirika ends up fine afterwards and still joins up with her brother and the medallion being stolen in Path of Radiance.
The problem is that aside from Revelation 14, I can't think of any non-paralogue map in Fates where you recruit a character on said map who holds their allegiance to an opposing kingdom i.e. when a red unit is recruited from the blue via the Talk command (and in R14 it was especially annoying since Benny for some reason couldn't recruit Charlotte and vice-versa despite being besties) and what few times each game's respective story does try to make these potential traitors seem like an awful idea, the writing falls flat on its face in the most spectacular fashion, either due to telegraphing the twist in such a clear fashion or by way of just generally bad writing. In terms of mechanics and narrative, it fails to convey what it's trying to beyond a surface level "hey isn't that odd" acknowledgment of a series trope that is more concisely criticized in an Awkward Zombie comic.

comic415_zpsdvznsmuj.png

That's not a knock against AW by the way: Love it to death.

EDIT:
Revelation is the easiest because you get access to both Ryoma and Xander. Game was always going to be easy no matter the map design. Place them in the middle of the map, and watch them kill everything that enters their attack range.
Better map design and enemy placement, coupled with a better choice of weaponry, could have provided a greater challenge since Xander and Ryoma aren't invincible: The former has lower speed and a weakness to any horse-slaying weaponry while Ryoma is more frail and susceptible to being taken out by a Swordcatcher, even with their respective bonuses.

So who's that unit that you were surprised to find out was generally liked or disliked?

It was a shocker to look online and see that Hayato is one of the least liked units in Birthright when he's been an important staple of my team (especially when I got my hands on a Horse Spirit). I suppose he has some Est-y qualities, but I can forgive that when you come in 25% of the way into the game, and he has that personal skill for +3 on higher level enemies which helped to iron that out. Maybe my Hayato got some important levelups early on as well. I didn't even really do much grinding in Birthright. About 5 My Castle invasions, one ingame castle invasion, and 5 paralogues.

So who's that unit that you were surprised to find out was generally liked or disliked?

It was a shocker to look online and see that Hayato is one of the least liked units in Birthright when he's been an important staple of my team (especially when I got my hands on a Horse Spirit). I suppose he has some Est-y qualities, but I can forgive that when you come in 25% of the way into the game, and he has that personal skill for +3 on higher level enemies which helped to iron that out. Maybe my Hayato got some important levelups early on as well. I didn't even really do much grinding in Birthright. About 5 My Castle invasions, one ingame castle invasion, and 5 paralogues.
I'm surprise that Leo is liked so much when he's a boring and generic looking character in my opinion.

NeonZ

Hm, Invasion 3 was really disappointing on Conquest
Normal
. I beat it in three turns. In Birthright Hard, the enemies just came in wave after wave.

I've never played Conquest on normal, but you can finish the Invasions early, avoiding later reinforcements, if you manage to quickly defeat every enemy on the map at some point.

In fact I actually perfer Awakenings map design and believe they would be more appeticate led if they had better objectives to go along with.

But Awakening's maps were often completely open, especially towards end game (rather than becoming more complex and unique). They only existed like that exactly due to Awakening's lack of objectives aside from defeating enemies.

I guess the maps did go faster though, since they were designed with the idea of your team just tanking through enemy lines, while that strategy isn't doable in Conquest unless you have very specific optimized teams, and there are usually many walls and other obstacles in the way of your movement. I like Conquest's pacing though. I'm not even one of the people who hates Awakening's map design completely, but the final third of the game, starting from around the first battle with Walhart, was really disappointing, aside from that one Mire runaway chapter. Conquest's chapters overall end up much more memorable.

Speaking of characters, I'm annoyed of how easy and effortlessly it is to recurit characters. It used to be part of the challange, but now Corrin can persuade anyone or they just come in already in your team.

There are some more unique recruitment conditions in the paralogues, but, like you say there, you didn't bother with them. There are also some unique bosses that can be captured and join your army, although they have no conversations or supports (and most of them are the paralogue bosses anyway).

PK Gaming

He's admittedly not as bad as I thought he'd be, but the level grind is pretty real. Like, he joins at level 1 when everyone is chilling at 9-13. You basically need to set aside a few maps and baby him until he catches up if you want to use him. That said, when he does catch up, he definitely one of the most competent mages in Birthright so there is a point to using him.

I'm surprise that Leo is liked so much when he's a boring and generic looking character in my opinion.

MfHdFa1.jpg

I'm confused on what constitutes an armored unit.

The examples everyone always uses are General and Great Knight - which are obvious. These units also get the exclamation point over enemy heads to warn you they have a weapon super-effective against your unit.

But I have found that the Hammer and Armorslayer occasionally do more damage against units than a +2 iron weapon. Classes like Master of Arms, for example.

I'm concerned because I want to reclass one of my mounted units to a Hero for the second to last map in Conquest. All the enemies with
hammers and beast slayers
make it so I have no real options to enter that room.

But before I waste a seal and reclass a powerful unit to a Hero, is it just going to be made weak to hammers/armor slayers instead of beast banes?

Heroes don't take bonus damage from anything.

I noticed units with higher support ranks give each other higher hit chances in dual attacks, Anyone know what the exact bonuses are, and if they vary with class/character?

Shinypogs

Heroes don't take bonus damage from anything.

I noticed units with higher support ranks give each other higher hit chances in dual attacks, Anyone know what the exact bonuses are, and if they vary with class/character?
Serenes forest has a list with the personal and class based bonuses. can't link from my phone but just google ' serenes forest pair up stats,fire emblem fates ' and that should get you there. Or someone in the thread on a pc can link you if they see this first

Draxal

That's the reason? Well I guess I should play the other games one day too see. Still I'm not changing my mind on generic looking, Leo is a cool name tho

However, I've seen Better "bros" in other Fire Emblem games so far.

It's because of his role in birthright, and he's kinda of a kuudere.

And he's pretty much blonde Marth in looks.

Surprised Takumi was so high up; he's such a brat.

Copy and Paste Shun's Takumi rant here.

It's because of his role in birthright, and he's kinda of a kuudere.

And he's pretty much blonde Marth in looks.

Copy and Paste Shun's Takumi rant here.

I have no idea what this is. I'm guessing Anime? my favorite series is anime, but I don't even know anything about anime and its tropes. Maybe its a blessing

PK Gaming

That's the reason? Well I guess I should play the other games one day too see. Still I'm not changing my mind on generic looking, Leo is a cool name tho

However, I've seen Better "bros" in other Fire Emblem games so far.

Leo being the broest of bros isn't the reason why he's good

He's good because his characterization in all 3 routes is solid (with the highlight being BR), his dynamic with the rest of the cast is good, and he's a solid unit on top of that.

Leo being the broest of bros isn't the reason why he's good

He's good because his characterization in all 3 routes is solid (with the highlight being BR), his dynamic with the rest of the cast is good, and he's a solid unit on top of that.

I'm honestly never going to play Birthright or Revelations. Poor Leo also sucked badly in my Playthoughs, regelated to the bench a few chapters in.

Thanks for the clarification on hero class, guys. I already started my campaign over once because I wasn't optimized well enough to beat Chapter 26 in Conquest.

I didn't want to have to do that again because I inadvertently optimized everyone to either an armor class or a rider class - Corrin was my only exception.

I made Sophie a Hero and am going to try to get creative.

Thanks for the clarification on hero class, guys. I already started my campaign over once because I wasn't optimized well enough to beat Chapter 26 in Conquest.

I didn't want to have to do that again because I inadvertently optimized everyone to either an armor class or a rider class - Corrin was my only exception.

I made Sophie a Hero and am going to try to get creative.

you could've just reclassed Xander to some nonmounted sword-wielding class for the bottom room

KSai

Starting over from chapter 26? I just spent a few days to recruit Velouria without any casualties. That sounds horrible.

I married Charlotte to Keaton, but after A-ranking her support with the avatar I knew I made the wrong choice.

demonkaze

Who is a good choice for Witch on conquest? Also curious if Nyx is good for anything and worth persisting with? Finally, what's a good choice to marry for Female Corrin on Conquest, I married male Corrin to Reina on Birthright.

I married Charlotte to Keaton, but after A-ranking her support with the avatar I knew I made the wrong choice.

Of course, you didn't make Corrin and Keaton S-Rank with each other to make the nigh impossible to kill pair up tank.

Cavalier Corrin to give him Aegis from Paladin , and also get Pavise by A+'ing with Benny.

Also because he's father of best daughter, and just best husbando

KSai

No thanks. Not interested in the number crunching stats. Couldn't get Severa with red hair in Awakening, so Selena got the main character this time around.

Who is a good choice for Witch on conquest? Also curious if Nyx is good for anything and worth persisting with? Finally, what's a good choice to marry for Female Corrin on Conquest, I married male Corrin to Reina on Birthright.

Elise is pretty much your best bet for Witch on Conquest.

Nyx is the living demonstration of why Skill is actually an important stat, and one you never notice until the unit in question can never break a 70% hit rate.

PK Gaming

Anna (if you can get her...), Felicia or Ophelia.

Elise is pretty much your best bet for Witch on Conquest.

Nyx is the living demonstration of why Skill is actually an important stat, and one you never notice until the unit in question can never break a 70% hit rate.

Elise's skill is pretty dismal as well.

I just beat Birthright. Almost fittingly,
my one death in that mission was Shigure. Poor Saizo lost both Azura and Shigure in that fight. I may go back and retry it for postgsme stuff but I like that bittersweet end for my 1st playthrough.

BlackJace

Marriages in general seem harder to foster in Conquest due to the limited battles. I'm at Chapter 21 and I've only married Silas and Effie.

Shinypogs

Speaking of rewards. It will take me 450 won battles plus leaving feedback after to get my nosferatu tome for my lunatic birthright run as a witch. Tedious but will be worth it I'm sure. Though now halfway through awakening I can feel the nerfing it took that people talked about. My ophelia was a monster in my hard conquest run but she could die. Henry cannot be killed and now that my avatar is a sorcerer as well *rip enemies you tried*.

Still not sure about pairup for my lunatic birthright run. I'll have jakob right from the start and he's great for evasion but a pairup buddy that gives magic instead is also good.

Gonna marry saizo and make him a dread fighter paired with kaze unless there's a better pairup for him taking into account he can only A rank them.

Strange as it may seem I love all the micromanagement of pairup, class changing for skills and even fiddling with weapons mid battle using the trade command etc. All the fussy details coming togeather to form a smoothly unfolding plan is gratifying.

Edit: OMG just got the love bracelet for my most recent conquest run and it was my son Ignatius manning the store today and that was just so cute along with the "this is proof of your love" line and awww. I don't remember if my child ran the store the last run I got the bracelet in or if it was just fate.

Top Bottom