• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

All three of them because Ninjas are cool and the more the merrier.

I ran with Kaze for the majority of Conquest and I thought he was a decent character, the only problem is that his defense is pretty poor so I just mainly used him for debuffing combined with Corrins ability.

DontBlink

Well I done messed up; played around with a DLC, had Camilla and Jakob die and say they're "retreating". Didn't want to risk losing them, so I knew I wouldn't save over my progress and then of course I forget about it at the end.

Seems like the whole point of not losing any characters is now pointless, but I don't know if I want to lose 40hrs of progress just to start over, especially since it has been such a drag playing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay, got mine today
AcqFYuM.jpg

BlackJace

Well I done messed up; played around with a DLC, had Camilla and Jakob die and say they're "retreating". Didn't want to risk losing them, so I knew I wouldn't save over my progress and then of course I forget about it at the end.

Seems like the whole point of not losing any characters is now pointless, but I don't know if I want to lose 40hrs of progress just to start over, especially since it has been such a drag playing.

Some characters actually die, and the ones that are integral to the story retreat. They retreat and are unable to be used in battle anymore.

EDarkness

Anyone know how to get the Tactician class without having the Amiibo of Robin? I'd really like to change my main character into that class.

NeonZ

Yeah, I thought it might be different for DLC, but unfortunately not. Will have to try and finish it without them.

They don't die in online castle battles though (which you can use to grind support even in Conquest). Although they do die in the "Invasion" battles, of course.

Getting to chapter 18 of my Revelations run and I've run in a small hiccup in my pairing plan, namely my own character. I had intended to marry Forrest for fabulous husbando, but next thing I know I have rank A with Shura and I'm actually thinking of doing it.

Also ran into issues on the royals pairing since I accidentally on purpose married Hayato to Sakura which tossed a wrench into things. Camilia married Takumi, I'm going to have Xander marry Hinoka, Leo is going marry Felicia and Ryoma is going to marry....Elise. Yup I'm doing that. Pretty much promoted all the characters I'm using or going to be marrying off, intend for my final team to be nothing but child characters.

Other surprises are I'm shocked at how bad my Selena is, shocked at how good my Master Ninja Kagero and Great Master Azama are.

Lynx_7

Looks like Ryoma's son won't be joining my army. I guess it's only appropriate that the only units that "died" on both my Conquest and Birthright files were Ryoma's and Xander's kids in their own paralogues. It's like poetry, they rhyme. It's so dense, every single chapter has so many units.

Well at least I have something to look forward to in Revelations I guess.

Wazzy

Banned
I finally opened my copy(was busy with other games) and I'm currently on chapter 10. I have birthright so I'm following that storyline. I'm having fun so far and I like most of the characters. I'm gonna hold off with pairing people up until I have most units available.

Quick question, can I get Wyvern class in the birthright story? I love using it so it would suck if not.

I finally opened my copy(was busy with other games) and I'm currently on chapter 10. I have birthright so I'm following that storyline. I'm having fun so far and I like most of the characters. I'm gonna hold off with pairing people up until I have most units available.

Quick question, can I get Wyvern class in the birthright story? I love using it so it would suck if not.
Nope. Wyverns are a Nohr class.

Does any one else feel like Revelations is the easiest of the three paths? I beat Birthright and Conquest on Hard/Classic and am playing the same in Revelations and it just feels so much easier than even Birthright.

Does any one else feel like Revelations is the easiest of the three paths? I beat Birthright and Conquest on Hard/Classic and am playing the same in Revelations and it just feels so much easier than even Birthright.

Maybe because you have all the characters to use? I haven't played Birthright, but it's pretty easy compared to Conquest.

CazTGG

Easily. Lack of unit availability in the beginning leads to overlevelled units of what few you do have, plus the distribution in the later ones (Chapter 16-17 sees you gain 4 and 6 extra units respectively, including two of the best in the entire game for each respective map), coupled with a ton of less well-thought out levels (Chapter 26) make for a pretty poor cakewalk. Not that having as many units as it does helps, but the passable map design is the biggest culprit. So many good ideas that are rarely well executed.

NeonZ

Yes, although in some ways it's harder than in Conquest. You could get it by choosing the Dragon talent in the beginning of the game and later class changing with a Heart seal, or, alternatively,
you'll get a female Wyvern Rider later, and if you're with a female avatar and get to A ranking you can get her class with a Friendship Seal. If you're playing with a male avatar though, you'd need to marry her (S ranking) and then use a Partner Seal.

There's also
Nichol
, an unique capturable Malig Knight (Wyvern Knight promotion) who even has critical cut-ins unlike most capturable units. He can be obtained in the paralogue where you recruit
Silas' daughter.
But you'd need to defeat him with Obochi using the capture command, and like other Capturable units he has no supports or any story role after joining your team. You also should do it early. He has good growth rates, but his stats as an enemy scale pretty badly, so he ends up better when you get him early enough.

Azuran

Banned

Revelation has some serious balacing issues. You're facing enemies in base classes all the way to Chapter 17. It also doesn't help they have no skills or weapons that threaten you.

Revelation has some serious balacing issues. You're facing enemies in base classes all the way to Chapter 17. It also doesn't help they have no skills or weapons that threaten you.

uh what

Revelation throws promoted enemies at you the earliest and switches exclusively to them the earliest as well, that's not why.

Azuran

Banned
uh what

Revelation throws promoted enemies at you the earliest and switches exclusively to them the earliest as well, that's not why.

Then I guess all my units were more OP than I thought because I didn't noticed that as they barely offered any challenge whatsoever.

Wazzy

Banned
Yes, although in some ways it's harder than in Conquest. You could get it by choosing the Dragon talent in the beginning of the game and later class changing with a Heart seal, or, alternatively,
you'll get a female Wyvern Rider later, and if you're with a female avatar and get to A ranking you can get her class with a Friendship Seal. If you're playing with a male avatar though, you'd need to marry her (S ranking) and then use a Partner Seal.

There's also
Nichol
, an unique capturable Malig Knight (Wyvern Knight promotion) who even has critical cut-ins unlike most capturable units. He can be obtained in the paralogue where you recruit
Silas' daughter.
But you'd need to defeat him with Obochi using the capture command, and like other Capturable units he has no supports or any story role after joining your team. You also should do it early. He has good growth rates, but his stats as an enemy scale pretty badly, so he ends up better when you get him early enough.
Okay thanks for the heads up!

I picked the dragon talent so it's good to hear that's what was needed. I really wanted Stilas to become a wyvern rider but oh well lol

Azuran

Banned
Okay thanks for the heads up!

I picked the dragon talent so it's good to hear that's what was needed. I really wanted Stilas to become a wyvern rider but oh well lol

You can make Silas a Wyvern Rider if you marry him using a female Corrin, and then using a partner seal.

Wazzy

Banned
You can make Silas a Wyvern Rider if you marry him using a female Corrin, and then using a partner seal.
Yeah I'm playing female and he was one of the guys I really liked though I wanted to try pairing him with another character. So at least I know it's possible.

Thanks again!

Revelations also has a bunch of maps where the enemies aren't aggressive until you enter their range so you can just keep baiting out tiny groups of 2-3 and murder the entire map that way.

Draxal

I'm liking the kid dlc, but I'm just skipping through the story, but I like it alot more than Awakenings equivalent.

The boss music is really amazing, shame it's only heard for a couple seconds each time.

BlackJace

Who do I make a Witch? Elise has monster Magic, and I don't mind retiring her staff since I have 3 other healers to replace her.

On the other hand, she's about 2/3s through her E rank tome proficiency, so I can't even give her access to some meatier spells.

Who do I make a Witch? Elise has monster Magic, and I don't mind retiring her staff since I have 3 other healers to replace her.

On the other hand, she's about 2/3s through her E rank tome proficiency, so I can't even give her access to some meatier spells.
Elise or Ophelia are great choices for making a Witch.

Xenoflare

So I was playing Ace Attorney and I saw someone a bit familiar

latest

She's here first too.

Camilla almost had her gimmick too but in the end she just says cruel things smiling

Nohar

Reached chapter 12 on Birthright. The game is fun so far, and maps are more interesting overall than in Awakening, though I really want to try Conquest once I can buy and download the game, since I've read that Conquest maps are harder and have some variety with the objectives.

Random thoughts regarding my characters:
  • Corrin (Female) is nice, but sadly she is a little frail, with lackluster defensive stats at level 14 and rather low Skill. I'm not really happy with her, to be honest.
  • Azura is level 16. I only use her for her singing, but she has amazing offensive stats (16 Strenght, 20 Speed, 21 Skill). Too bad she is still stuck with E spears, and that I don't really see the point in making her an offensive unit.
  • Rinkah is, oddly enough, a tank. At level 14, she has 19 in Defense. 19. I think this is the first time I ever had an Axe wielder with such a high defense (Titania notwithstanding). I'm not complaining, especially since, well, she is the only axe-wielder we have so far.
  • Orochi is OK, though her Speed stat is a little lacking for my tastes. Sadly, her only alternative, Hayato, joined at level 1, and while I like the Est-archetype I really don't want to baby-sit him to an usable level (although, his unique skill helps him to stay relevant). Already did that with Nino, thank you (that being said, Nino was insanely powerful once properly trained).
  • Subaki is my husbandru. Sadly, Hinoka is just better overall, with a way better unique Skill (also the special weapon she comes with is amazing).
  • Hinoka is a beast, with godly base stats, a very good starting weapon (usable by everyone) and an incredible unique skill. Me gusta. I just wish she could get a few more points in Strenght.
  • Setsuna pales in comparison to Takumi (and the few level ups she got were quite disappointing). Her "Victory" singing tune is hilarious though.
  • Oboro is a very solid unit, with very good skills (including his unique skill). She is no Nephenee, but she is a very nice addition to my team.
  • The ninjas are good, though they are interchangeable as far as I am concerned. Kagero does join with an astounding 15 Strenght stat. My Kaze is sadly rather weak in comparison, though he will double-attack everyone with ease thanks to his 20 Speed stat. Saizo is the more balanced of the 3.

Azuran

Banned
Random thoughts regarding my characters:
  • Corrin (Female) is nice, but sadly she is a little frail, with lackluster defensive stats at level 14 and rather low Skill. I'm not really happy with her, to be honest.
  • Azura is level 16. I only use her for her singing, but she has amazing offensive stats (16 Strenght, 20 Speed, 21 Skill). Too bad she is still stuck with E spears, and that I don't really see the point in making her an offensive unit..
  • Oboro is a very solid unit, with very good skills (including his unique skill). She is no Nephenee, but she is a very nice addition to my team.

Your Corrin probably got RNG screwed so far because they usually have pretty decent skill. Did you choose Skill as your bane?

Azura is actually a beast as a Falcon Knight. Her offensive stats are pretty crazy for the singer of the game. That said, Songtress is pretty useful so I wouldn't change her either yet.

Get your hands on another Guard Naginata and give her Oboro and you'll fall in love with her.

Nohar

Your Corrin probably got RNG screwed so far because they usually have pretty decent skill. Did you choose Skill as your bane?

Azura is actually a beast as a Falcon Knight. Her offensive stats are pretty crazy for the singer of the game. That said, Songtress is pretty useful so I wouldn't change her either yet.

Get your hands on another Guard Naginata and give her Oboro and you'll fall in love with her.

I don't know for Corrin, honestly. The french translation of the banes made it a little hard to figure out which stats would be affected. I just know for sure that I picked Speed as my bonus. I guess I must have taken Skill as my bane, though I wanted to take Resistance.

Edit: Well, hello surprise difficulty spike in chapter 12! Damn you
Xander
. They make a beeline for my team right off the bat. I can trick them into moving North, but damn, unless we use a flying unit to save Corrin that map is impossible to beat without casualties (or a lot of grinding beforehand).

Azuran

Banned
I don't know for Corrin, honestly. The french translation of the banes made it a little hard to figure out which stats would be affected. I just know for sure that I picked Speed as my bonus. I guess I must have taken Skill as my bane, though I wanted to take Resistance.

You usually want to take Luck as your bane since it offers the less benefits compared to the other stats and that's even more so in this game since it was nerfed a bit. Furthermore, a Goddess Icon can easily counteract the drawbacks from it. Corrin has a meh RES growth to begin with so I personally wouldn't mess with that even more.

Still, I was surprised at how low my Corrin's Defense was in the end. Unless I mistook what Banes and Boons I picked (which is possible, I wasn't aiming for a specific build from the start). His defense was always problematic despite having what should have been unaltered defense and always being in his Nohrian Noble/Hoshido Prince class.

Instead he was more Lyn-ish but with High strength and ok Speed insteas of the reverse. In the final fight he had to wait for the final blow because he would have died in one hit otherwise from the final boss.

Azuran

Banned
Still, I was surprised at how low my Corrin's Defense was in the end. Unless I mistook what Banes and Boons I picked (which is possible, I wasn't aiming for a specific build from the start). His defense was always problematic despite having what should have been unaltered defense and always being in his Nohrian Noble/Hoshido Prince class.

Instead he was more Lyn-ish but with High strength and ok Speed insteas of the reverse. In the final fight he had to wait for the final blow because he would have died in one hit otherwise from the final boss.

My Corrin hasn't even capped DEF in any of his base classes despite being level 30. I thought he did but completely forgot until now that Omega Yato boost that stat by 4 points.

vfF0TFh.jpg

Nohar

Beginning of chapter 13 (Hoshido):
Jaw drop. Did Camilla just popped out of nowhere to give me nonchalantly a hug?

That's... both crazy and incredibly cute. Sadly, it was too good to last.

Ponn

Banned
I got that paragon ability from the dlc pack. I also got a couple other skills from that new Kana dlc pack as well but Paragon in particular i'm wondering who best to give it to and utilize it. Is it best to put on my MC and give them a bunch of eternal seals?

PBalfredo

What exactly does the Ballistician do? Does it have its own ballista, or does just better at using the ones that appear in maps? Would Niles be a good recipient of the sighting lens from Anna in conquest?

Azuran

Banned
What exactly does the Ballistician do? Does it have its own ballista, or does just better at using the ones that appear in maps? Would Niles be a good recipient of the sighting lens from Anna in conquest?

They have their own Ballista but they're locked to only using Bows. I don't think it's a very good class considering they can't even reach A rank on bows, have terrible movement and their skills can't be used outside that class. Also their skill can't even kill.

I rather just leave my bow users as Snipers or Bow Knights/Adventurers.

NeonZ

A Ballistician can completely break some of the enemy skill combination traps in late Conquest chapters if you don't care about turn counts.

Nohar

Chapter 12 made me reset quite a few times before I managed to pull it off (mainly because I made dumb mistakes after my first try of the map), and same for Chapter 13 in which an archer one-shot Hinoka.

About the new recruits:
Well, Scarlet is good, I wasn't expecting that. Those base stats are legit, and she comes with a Slayer Axe. I think I may be in love.
And, well, Ryoma is pure awesomeness.

tauroxd

Chapter 12 made me reset quite a few times before I managed to pull it off (mainly because I made dumb mistakes after my first try of the map), and same for Chapter 13 in which an archer one-shot Hinoka.

About the new recruits:
Well, Scarlet is good, I wasn't expecting that. Those base stats are legit, and she comes with a Slayer Axe. I think I may be in love.
And, well, Ryoma is pure awesomeness.

Ryoma is mothereffing wall of awesomeness.

Lynx_7

At this point I'm absolutely convinced that defense-stance Ryoma is unbeatable. You can throw him at anything and he straight up doesn't die. Never. Not against anything. Sturdy lance users? Vantage, Astra, three to four crits in a row. If that doesn't kill you, tough luck because his shield is fully replenished and he still has one more attack to go, you poor sack! Magic users? Lol good luck trying to hit him. Axe users? LMAO don't even bother trying.

Chapter 25 consisted of him cleaning up an entire side of the map all by himself while literally everyone else combined their efforts on the other side. He did it better and faster. Then he got entraped and I got to watch him mow down over 15 units and reinforcements coming at him in a single turn. He survived with like a little less than half his HP intact and I didn't even bother healing him since Vengeance makes him even more broken. Chapter 26 was basically the same. He took care of
Laslow's
troops while everyone else focused on
Peri
. You don't even have to think before moving him, he is the "I win" button. And I'm on Lunatic so I can't even imagine how insane he must be on Normal.
Can't wait to see what his kill count is going to look like at the end.

Top Bottom