• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Alkez

The problematic part is that they're limited characters. This is going to further the divide between the haves and the have-nots more than a flying mage has.

This right here. I'm really not a fan of this decision by IS. Limited gacha units are bad as a concept, but it seems weird for them to make this a limited banner when the units are from the actual games.

Shinypogs

Sorry for the fussing guys I just legit struggle with green mages and they seem to be the majority of what runs raven tomes too which makes bow lyn less reliable against them. It's not that I can't kill them ever but it's tedious and frustrating which makes me want to engage them even less. There's clearly answers I'm just biased due to getting thrashed in the past when I had less options and i probably see troubles I face now as being just as bad even if they aren't.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This new banner is nuts. And if these guys are limited units, the people who get these dancers will have a huge advantage going forward.

It pushes all those gacha FOMO buttons, and it's actually kind of gross.

I'd like Olivia, but that means pulling greys. Oh well, I could use more Setsunas anyway.

Firemind

Sorry for the fussing guys I just legit struggle with green mages and they seem to be the majority of what runs raven tomes too which makes bow lyn less reliable against them. It's not that I can't kill them ever but it's tedious and frustrating which makes me want to engage them even less. There's clearly answers I'm just biased due to getting thrashed in the past when I had less options and i probably see troubles I face now as being just as bad even if they aren't.
Do you have BRoy?

Cryxok

I don't mind limited units that much, however, I do think them having exclusive skills (outside of the Valors, Experiences and Live for) and worst of all, exclusive weapon/movement combinations is pretty shady.
I'm still salty the only flying mages are limited (even if I got my Summer Corrin in the end, I had to lose my F2P virginity). And now, the only ranged dancers will be too.

Shinypogs

Do you have BRoy?

Nope, any orbs above 200 were split between CYL and the TT banner which netted me brave Ike and Ninian. So brave Ike and bow lyn are my only cyl heroes for now.

I have a -atk + speed Lilina who could probably go toe to toe with a buffed nino/julia/cecilia if I threw some buffs and skills on her myself I just dunno how I'd fit her into the sorts of teams I'd wanna run and it feels silly to have a unit only to be a check for green mages and little else.

Please don't get me wrong my ponies are well ponies and there is something filthy about comboing dancing and reposition to get dmg done and then move units around that reminds me of rescue chaining in the old games. fem corrin still bodies and debuffs many units like a monster etc etc I'm just complaining about this one thing that continues to be an annoyance to me because I haven't quite figured out how to work around it with the resources at hand and I needed to rant.

Akuun

What about Black Knight? Physical distant counter might oneshot most green mages before they get a chance to double, provided they aren't buffed too hard.

Mupod

Damn, I can do the first level of lunatic but can't autobattle it with bow Lyn, Xander , Camus and Soren. The ai refuses to heal Xander with Soren''s reciprocal aid. Lyn and Camus will get it from time to time but the ai has some grudge against Xander or he always moves out of range. The 2nd hard mode is fine to autobattle but once we get to lunatic town shit falls apart. I will look forward to being able to auto the rest of the TT and an hour of leveling bk sounds worth it.

My eventual hope is to run BK with my +def -res brave Ike as a wall of "don't touch me or die on retaliation." Preferably with Tana for guidance if I can pull her, until then Ninian for dancing and a good soren ( current one is +atk - res :( ) to deal with green and blue mages.

I'd like to have a horse team, my above mixed team, a dragon team and god willing someday a flier team with Valter, Michalis and two others.

The key to autobattle for me is a healer set up with Rehabilitate, Live to Serve, Imbue, and no weapon. Both Rehab and Live to Serve are found on Wrys. I've maxed out HM on Genny and Clarine this way, and I'm currently successfully running a 4* Azama with that setup. Rehabilitate can bring a unit from 2 HP to full in one shot so as long as your unit doesn't die, they're fine.

Units that can counter at both ranges are very valuable for auto. I just finished maxing Takumi's HM, and have swapped Nowi back in (removed Fury in favor of her stock defense+3). Fliers can be sketchy on auto, even ones with boosted stats can run afoul of Klein or Gordin. I still run Elincia with Summoner Support, between that and her TT bonus stat boosts she often survives to the end.

edit: confused Clarine with Cecilia again...

StAidan

That's a ridiculous banner. I don't feel strongly about getting the upcoming units, so I decided to drop 60 more orbs on the Crimeans in hopes of merging another Nephenee... Sure enough, I pulled one! She's 40+2 now.

Also got some great inheritance fodder, including Roy, Abel, and a crappy IV Oscar who will be a good Sapphire Lance+ donor.

Firemind

Nope, any orbs above 200 were split between CYL and the TT banner which netted me brave Ike and Ninian. So brave Ike and bow lyn are my only cyl heroes for now.

I have a -atk + speed Lilina who could probably go toe to toe with a buffed nino/julia/cecilia if I threw some buffs and skills on her myself I just dunno how I'd fit her into the sorts of teams I'd wanna run and it feels silly to have a unit only to be a check for green mages and little else.

Please don't get me wrong my ponies are well ponies and there is something filthy about comboing dancing and reposition to get dmg done and then move units around that reminds me of rescue chaining in the old games. fem corrin still bodies and debuffs many units like a monster etc etc I'm just complaining about this one thing that continues to be an annoyance to me because I haven't quite figured out how to work around it with the resources at hand and I needed to rant.
Okay because BRoy can run circles around mages provided the map isn't shit. I love him dearly.

BLyn can also function as a mage killer but not against Raven as you said.

Shinypogs

What about Black Knight? Physical distant counter might oneshot most green mages before they get a chance to double, provided they aren't buffed too hard.

Yes mupod brought him up and I will be looking into training mine shortly.

The key to autobattle for me is a healer set up with Rehabilitate, Live to Serve, Imbue, and no weapon. Both Rehab and Live to Serve are found on Wrys. I've maxed out HM on Genny and Cecilia this way, and I'm currently successfully running a 4* Azama with that setup. Rehabilitate can bring a unit from 2 HP to full in one shot so as long as your unit doesn't die, they're fine.

Units that can counter at both ranges are very valuable for auto. I just finished maxing Takumi's HM, and have swapped Nowi back in (removed Fury in favor of her stock defense+3). Fliers can be sketchy on auto, even ones with boosted stats can run afoul of Klein or Gordin. I still run Elincia with Summoner Support, between that and her TT bonus stat boosts she often survives to the end.

Ahh ty for all the advice.

Cryxok

Lilina has great res, she doesn't need buffs to handle green mages. You can build her with Raven, TA3 and Swordbreaker to check Swords, Greens and Bows. She WILL need some defense buffs to survive a buffed Brave Archer tho. EDIT: -atk is unfortunate for that build tho. Hopefully you can get one with better IVs and merge later on.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
What's great about these dancers is that I won't feel too broken up about getting a bad nature, because of their buffing/healing abilities/dancing. So I guess that's something. Are the stats out?

Akuun

The key to autobattle for me is a healer set up with Rehabilitate, Live to Serve, Imbue, and no weapon. Both Rehab and Live to Serve are found on Wrys. I've maxed out HM on Genny and Clarine this way, and I'm currently successfully running a 4* Azama with that setup. Rehabilitate can bring a unit from 2 HP to full in one shot so as long as your unit doesn't die, they're fine.
I do exactly this with 4* Maria. Her speed makes her surprisingly hard to double for the times she gets caught out.

My autobattle team right now is BK, Ike, Maria, and some blue that I haven't settled on yet. Right now it's MRobin since I haven't fielded him in a while, but a while ago it was Lancina.
Why do people want a mounted Dancer/Singer.
Is this game not stupid enough.
I want to see Olivia riding on Azura's shoulders, doing a shitty Voltron impression.

Mupod

We'll probably have stats tonight once the patch goes live.

I'm torn as I want to continue saving orbs for Hone Fliers, but more dancers for AA would be great. And I still have an extreme dearth of greens, especially mages.

I don't want to do any major resource expenditures until I know what sacred coins do and what the next VG is, at least.

Shito

That's a ridiculous banner. I don't feel strongly about getting the upcoming units, so I decided to drop 60 more orbs on the Crimeans in hopes of merging another Nephenee... Sure enough, I pulled one! She's 40+2 now.
I was about to say that you're crazy for not wanting to invest everything in greens on the new banner, but I love my Nephenee so much that I'm kinda jealous of you now... ^^

Akuun

You know, I forgot I can merge healers. I've been binning them all this time 😂
I usually feed the healers I don't like to the healers I do like.

So each of the healers I like usually have every heal spell variant, a bunch of heal specials, and so on.

Cryxok

We'll probably have stats tonight once the patch goes live.

I'm torn as I want to continue saving orbs for Hone Fliers, but more dancers for AA would be great. And I still have an extreme dearth of greens, especially mages.

I don't want to do any major resource expenditures until I know what sacred coins do and what the next VG is, at least.

I used to think Sacred Coins as means to upgrade Sacred Seals was the thing that made the most sense, specially since Quickened Pulse cannot be upgraded and Hardy Bearing actually needs the buff. With Distant Def and Panic Ploy now as Sacred Seals, I'm not sure if I actually want that anymore...

Alkez

Does anyone play this game on Nox or another emulator? I've been trying to get it to work but it just keeps crashing :/ not sure why.

Ninferno

Does anyone play this game on Nox or another emulator? I've been trying to get it to work but it just keeps crashing :/ not sure why.

FEH stopped working on Nox from 1.5 or so, I think. Currently, to play FEH on Android Emulators, you have the choices of Memu, AMIDuOS, and Bluestacks. You can check out the discussion on SF. Just read those posts written after 1.7 was released.

Sushen

The stages are all orange and black, I think this is the Halloween banner.
It's also not limited to just a single game either.
I was wondering about whether this is the Halloween banner or not. How about the answer for the seals? So many unanswered questions.

StAidan

I was about to say that you're crazy for not wanting to invest everything in greens on the new banner, but I love my Nephenee so much that I'm kinda jealous of you now... ^^

I actually do want the new Azura at least, but I figure a month-long banner with (most likely) 300 f2p orbs in October should give me plenty of chance to pull.

And yeah, Nephenee has probably been my most-wanted unit since launch, so I wanna invest heavily in her. Was lucky enough to pull an ideal IV (atk+/hp-), and two merges give her HP+1, ATK+1, SPD+1, DEF+1, so I'm really excited about her future on my team.

Tripon

IS ran two banners for Summer, they will likely run two banners for Fall/Halloween.

There isn't any other big global holiday/cultural event outside of Christmas that IS has to worry about, so yeah the banner after this will likely run into November.

Shito

And yeah, Nephenee has probably been my most-wanted unit since launch, so I wanna invest heavily in her. Was lucky enough to pull an ideal IV (atk+/hp-), and two merges give her HP+1, ATK+2, SPD+1, so I'm really excited about her future on my team.
Even more jealous now, mine is +hp/-res... Still love her though, she owns that TT so much!

Mupod

I'd love for a Halloween event that's actually its own unique thing. It doesn't need to be complicated, but we're about due for a change of pace from tempest/voting gauntlet every few weeks.

spiritfox

IS ran two banners for Summer, they will likely run two banners for Fall/Halloween.

There isn't any other big global holiday/cultural event outside of Christmas that IS has to worry about, so yeah the banner after this will likely run into November.

Can't wait for the Hanukkah banner.

Shinypogs

Why do people want a mounted Dancer/Singer.
Is this game not stupid enough.
To be fair a flying singer/ dancer like one of the herons allows for better positioning for fliers since it could sit in a gap on, on a mountain etc and sing. when I ran my spring camilla the most annoying thing was when she'd be able to kill a unit if I could sing for her but there'd be barriers and whatnot in the way.

That said a flying singer/dancer benefits all teams because it lets you get them the fuck away from potential enemies easier via terrain. I don't think they should randomly throw them out though. it should still only be specific units who had access to stuff like that before.

As it is after this banner I'd only really welcome nils as a bard in the near future and only because he needs to be carrying another dragon buff.

Firemind

Firemind, pls. 😂
You know when you want to pull a specific banner hero but you keep pulling blanks and your barracks keep getting full and you need more room to pull more? That's what happened to me. It's why I'm short on Gunters and Jagens now. 😂

Scum

I'd love for a Halloween event that's actually its own unique thing. It doesn't need to be complicated, but we're about due for a change of pace from tempest/voting gauntlet every few weeks.
What would you like, Mupod? Tell us. 😏

You know when you want to pull a specific banner hero but you keep pulling blanks and your barracks keep getting full and you need more room to pull more? That's what happened to me. It's why I'm short on Gunters and Jagens now. 😂
I actually increased space in my barracks. But nowadays I just merge good IV 4* units regardless. Best thing to do, until I have a need for another Wrys. 😑

Firemind

I'm conflicted. Azura makes Roy even more amazing but mage dancers are better for arena defense wins. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: Wait buffs are maxed out with hone/cav so Azura's buff is overkill.

Top Bottom