• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

xequalsy

Realised I was getting silly hoarding units when I reached 400/400 so went through my box and cleaned up a little. Down to 363 for now.

Basically did this by giving stuff like threaten def 3 or draw back etc... to anyone who could possibly use one. Should be good for now.

Today has also been a good day summoning! Finally got the Ninian I wanted so badly. It's just my type of luck to miss out so badly on every single banner she's been focus on (especially the hero fest one that I actually whaled a bit on to try for her) and then end up getting her off focus on the Performing Arts banner. Followed that up with a Shigure. Both have ok IVs (i.e. not -Spd) so that's a relief.

Just need to pull greens and colourless now I guess for Olivia and Inigo.

Roman

Some whales are putting Deflect Magic on their defense Lyns so that Bowbreaker Inigos might actually not kill under some circumstances, just a heads up.

Sushen

Some whales are putting Deflect Magic on their defense Lyns so that Bowbreaker Inigos might actually not kill under some circumstances, just a heads up.
Even more reason why I started to hate AA and not bother clicking any opponents in tier 20 any more. Bouncing between 19-20 is fine by me. IS needs to fix the arenas.

I guess one way to fix is bring even more BLyn type units where anyone can one shot anyone. Sort of like when everyone is super, no one is super.

Busaiku

I was gonna go with Inigo, but my Soren's Speed and Resistance make him a much better option.
Inigo can only take either Brave Lyn or Reinhardt, Soren can do both.
Double dist def seems better than TA on Raven users imo. The problem is finding Celica.
It helps with defense, but you don't gain the 20% bonus attack though.
Cancel Affinity isn't that common, outside of Bridal Blessings Cordelia, so I'm not too worried.

Firemind

Even more reason why I started to hate AA and not bother clicking any opponents in tier 20 any more. Bouncing between 19-20 is fine by me. IS needs to fix the arenas.

I guess one way to fix is bring even more BLyn type units where anyone can one shot anyone. Sort of like when everyone is super, no one is super.
Really. The best way to counter BLyn is to just kill her first. Just hope she doesn't get danced.

Pejo

Neat, got Inigo finally, after 3 awful bane/boon Azuras. He's +HP/-RES, which isn't ideal but not truly awful like -SPD or -ATK.

The general consensus is Raven and Triangle Adept, right?

Busaiku

Neat, got Inigo finally, after 3 awful bane/boon Azuras. He's +HP/-RES, which isn't ideal but not truly awful like -SPD or -ATK.

-Resistance is actually the worst.
+HP helps mitigate it, but -Speed or -Attack is much better.

Busaiku

So he's an enemy phase unit? I assumed player phase since he's pretty paper thin all the way around. Bummer.

On player phase you mostly want to focus on Dancing, or picking up the kills on those units, but since he's usually dealing with cavalry units, there isn't really much he can do.

jnWake

+HP-RES isn't ideal but it can actually tank Rein and BLyn.

I have one too lol.

jnWake

That's a relief to hear, can I see your build?

Well I haven't built him yet but I ran the calcs.

imagen.png

That's with a friend Eirika buffing, but notice that cavs are merged to +10. He can easily take them with no buffs if they have no merges.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Regret spending all my flags when Fae had like 3.x multipliers, because she now has 6.x multipliers...

Pejo

Well I haven't built him yet but I ran the calcs.

That's with a friend Eirika buffing, but notice that cavs are merged to +10. He can easily take them with no buffs if they have no merges.

Awesome, thanks for this. This will be the first unit I actually throw QR on. Good to get rid of some of the QR fodder I've been saving for forever.

I take back all the trash I used to talk about Alfonse before I built him. He's really been useful for me in the Arena, and he helped me out the last battle in Squad Assault 4.

I found a solution by basically using multiple weapon breakers, sheer brute force, and constant Reposition.

EDIT: I can't stop misspelling his name.

Roman

Wind/Watersweep Reinhardt is also now a legitimate strategy on whale defense teams due to Phantom Spd 3 granting 10 Spd for sweeps. With Distant Defense he has more answers, but if he's with Lyn and Roy/Cecilia/Leo and can't be baited on the first turn, we are looking at a possibly even more annoying metagame to come.

NSESN

Wind/Watersweep Reinhardt is also now a legitimate strategy on whale defense teams due to Phantom Spd 3 granting 10 Spd for sweeps. With Distant Defense he has more answers, but if he's with Lyn and Roy/Cecilia/Leo and can't be baited on the first turn, we are looking at a possibly even more annoying metagame to come.
Even with phantom speed he only reaches 36 speed at max. He also loses his qp moonbow combo. I don't think this is really useful.
Horse buffs exist but it isn't like you can't buff his counter.
I forgot to subtract the speed from dire thunder. 31 at max is even worse.

My experience is that all Horse teams are just not very common once you get to the 700 point range. So, I don't fear for the scenario much.

I'm glad that I'm tier 20 for this season, because the current maps are really rough. I'll try to get back in after I throw this season away. I'll personally feel the meta shift when I actually put in effort next week.

Roman

Even with phantom speed he only reaches 36 speed at max. He also loses his qp moonbow combo. I don't think this is really useful.
Horse buffs exist but it isn't like you can't buff his counter.
I forgot to subtract the speed from dire thunder. 31 at max is even worse.
Non -Spd Reinhardt has 23. With Dire Thunder this becomes 18, with Hone Cavalry it's 24, with Phantom Spd it's 34, +10 it's 38, Swift Sparrow gets this up to 42.
My experience is that all Horse teams are just not very common once you get to the 700 point range. So, I don't fear for the scenario much.

I'm glad that I'm tier 20 for this season, because the current maps are really rough. I'll try to get back in after I throw this season away. I'll personally feel the meta shift when I actually put in effort next week.

I'm in 702-714 and see them all the time. With seals you can now see Lyn in 730-740.

Busaiku

Windsweep Phantom Speed will do even less damage, since he'd have to be +Speed to outspeed many of his better checks.

Roman

Windsweep Phantom Speed will do even less damage, since he'd have to be +Speed to outspeed many of his better checks.

He wouldn't, as described above. QP Moonbow is less valuable now if even Nino can check him with DD3.
It's a lot more dangerous to make him unable to be killed on the first turn and repositioned, resulting in the player getting cornered on maps like boats or zipper walls, because he is accompanied by Cecilia/Lyn/Leo/Roy/Dancer, especially ranged dancer.

NSESN

He wouldn't, as described above. QP Moonbow is less valuable now if even Nino can check him with DD3.
It's a lot more dangerous to make him unable to be killed on the first turn and repositioned, resulting in the player getting cornered on maps like boats or zipper walls, because he is accompanied by Cecilia/Lyn/Leo/Roy/Dancer, especially ranged dancer.

Watersweep will only stop slow green mages/fae. So DC axes, high res bow users, Nino and Soren will still be a problem. I am not sure, but I think that with this build even some blue mages will be able to face him because of the lack of moonbow.

Roman

Watersweep will only stop slow green mages/fae. So DC axes, high res bow users, Nino and Soren will still be a problem. I am not sure, but I think that with this build even some blue mages will be able to face him because of the lack of moonbow.

That's the point of Watersweep. Nowi, Fae and Corrin are now common choices for checking Lyn - with Firesweep Lyn and Watersweep Reinhardt, the player can't turn 1 bait either of them. Hector players will struggle against the Windsweep variant. I'm simply pointing out this will be a viable strategy on defense to net a lot of wins, and I already know whales who are doing it.

NSESN

That's the point of Watersweep. Nowi, Fae and Corrin are now common choices for checking Lyn - with Firesweep Lyn and Watersweep Reinhardt, the player can't turn 1 bait either of them. Hector players will struggle against the Windsweep variant. I'm simply pointing out this will be a viable strategy on defense to net a lot of wins, and I already know whales who are doing it.

I am not saying that it isn't viable. I am just saying that it doesn't change much. You now win some matchups and lose others.
To tell the truth by only running Lyn and Rein you should already be able to win a lot of wins because some maps are bullshit.

Okamid3n

I've never bothered to try and stay in T20 in the arena, but this time I looked at my 150 dueling swords and decided to try.

I got 4918, I have no idea if that'll be enough. As a ftp player, merge options are limited.

And I love my Blarwolf Death Blow +atk Shigure on defense. I usually get 0-2 defenses per season, but this time, I'm getting a TON and most of them have horses as their lead. Hah, I love it. I guess people don't expect a weak dancer to one shot their horses.

Wichu

Same with Sophia.

Sophia's a legitimately good unit too. I promoted a Sophia to 5* for the gauntlet, and she kicks ass. No regrets so far. It helps that the only two people on my friends list on Team Sophia have TA Inigo and Brave Bow Cordelia that easily clean up anything Sophia can't!

Sterok

Lol, I'm top 200 on Team Fae. I guess most people dumped their flags early on before they realized the multiplier change.

ggx2ac

I just used 200 flags for the 7.4x multiplier on Female Corrin. Not sure if I should use another.

Obviously Sophia will get in the weakened state next. Just not sure if it will be a waste if female Corrin loses.

Krorg

Sophia should get another bonus but I doubt it will be enough. How is the bonus time calculated now? It doesn’t look like Sophia has a big lead.

PBalfredo

The voting gauntlet battles seem determined to always match me up with a color disadvantage against the enemy team.

So fuck everyone running Triangle Adept

Fuck my opponents running TA

But especially fuck my teammates running TA

Top Bottom