• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sushen

I'm wondering if Cavalry teams are going to change.

I don't use one for Arena, I'm just thinking if I'm using say Brave Roy with Desperation, Brave Lyn with Brave Bow, and Reinhardt with Dire Thunder and I run into this situation all the time.

"Oh, that unit has Deflect Melee. Brave Roy won't be able to kill it and he'll die on the counter from a special."

"Oh, that unit has Deflect Magic, Reinhardt won't be able to kill it and Reinhardt's shit speed means he'll die on the counterattack."

"Oh, that unit has Deflect Missile, Brave Lyn won't be able to kill it, and she might die from a counterattack with a special."
It’s a matter of time that we’ll see all defense team will have special seals like that for everyone. It’s like QP Reinhardt nowadays.

Even more reason that I won’t play AA much.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
The new Squad Assault was a lot tougher than the last one! Maps 1,3, and 4 weren't so bad, but the second and fifth battles were definitely tricky. Map 2 required trotting out Nephenee to tank and kill Luke on the first turn, and Map 5 was giving me a ton of trouble until I switched over to using Dragon Emblem and steamrolled everything with Lightning Breath.

Really fun stuff overall, and it's cool to see how enemy-phase teams keep getting more and more viable.

lt519

Cavalry still hits the hardest with buffs. Given the mobility I don't see the new deflect seals changing up offensive teams that much. Right now Rein nukes everyone and Xander deals with greens on the enemy phase anyway. It'll just mean you'll have to use more of the team on the player phase instead of just Rein.

That's at least how I play anyway.

Defensive teams are another story though, it'll be easier to bait cavalry teams.

I thought Robin with Swordbreaker was best for Luke and the archer.

My TA Robin was able to tank both without swordbeaker and then could revenge kill the archer and then with a dance/speed buff kill Luke on the same turn. I had to get him back to full health with a Reciprocal Aid though for him to survive the blue lance on the next phase.

I used Horses for the 2nd match. Blarblade+ Ursula nuked Roderick, and killed Katarina the next turn. Xander and the rest easily handled Luke and the generic archer.

I still haven't figured out how to beat the 5th match, so I don't have the seal yet.

Acerac

Banned
I was having trouble with the second map, then I realized that I could pair Reinhardt with a dancer. Turns out if you do that you don't need the rest of a team.

Sciel

I used Horses for the 2nd match. Blarblade+ Ursula nuked Roderick, and killed Katarina the next turn. Xander and the rest easily handled Luke and the generic archer.

I still haven't figured out how to beat the 5th match, so I don't have the seal yet.
Use Horse Emblem for your 5th match instead.

I think the reason why most have found match 2 difficult is that they save their best units for the last map.

Alucrid

Banned

I think the reason why most have found match 2 difficult is that they save their best units for the last map.

round 2 can be solo'd by rein + dancer + unit with reposition

i beat round 3 with a team but can't replicate it

I'll try that. I used Horses for the last match of Squad Assault 2 (the Radiance defense map), so it may be fitting to use it here as well.

Sciel

round 2 can be solo'd by rein + dancer + unit with reposition

i beat round 3 with a team but can't replicate it
Yes, and what I'm saying is that save Rein/whatever horse emblem units for round 5 if they have issues with that map.

I'll try that. I used Horses for the last match of Squad Assault 2 (the Radiance defense map), so it may be fitting to use it here as well.
If you have a Bow Lyn as well for the last map, Ursula/Rein , Xander, Lyn, Dancer + Xander should make it fairly easy.

Alucrid

Banned
Yes, and what I'm saying is that save Rein/whatever horse emblem units for round 5 if they have issues with that map.

If you have a Bow Lyn as well for the last map, Ursula/Rein , Xander, Lyn, Dancer + Xander should make it fairly easy.

doesn't everyone have two horse emblems by now?

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

Yep. I generally save my horse and flier teams for the end of Squad/Arena Assault, which was why I was surprised to see that Dragon Emblem cleared Map 5 much more easily.

Though I guess the fact that none of the new Deflect line of Sacred Seals apply to dragons is only gonna make Dragon Emblem stronger in the coming weeks.

No. I only use one horse team, and I only created it to get through the later Lunatic Chain Challenges. It's been used a bit in Tempest Trials as backup.

I don't run them at all in regular Arena, and I haven't needed any Cavalry for most Infernal GHBs.

Wouldn't say I have two but I tend to run Lyn and Reinhardt standalone and the rest of the horse crew (all free units) form a double blade team with Ursula/Cecilia/Camus/Reinhardt.

People undervalue how good blade Ursula is. She's a freaking monster.

kswiston

Man, team Sophia is non-stop bonus points rounds. I missed my chance to get the Arena flags, so I can't even take advantage of this anymore..

Busaiku

Ike and Soren pretty much duoed the 5th map for me.
Ike completely demolishes all the sword and axe units with Swordbreaker and Steady Stance. I don't think I actually attacked with him.
A dancer and a blue tome will be helpful, but I think it's manageable without the blue, just made it quicker.

He's one of the best archers in the game.

S-Rank him and give him Fury 3 for 52/42 offensive stats. Give him an Ally Support with spurs and he gets even more ridiculous.

Already using Brave Lyn on my main Arena team. It looks like Innes could be a decent Rein/magic counter for AA if I keep Fortress Res on him.

Stuck on Map 5 of Squad Assault 4 because -Atk B.Lyn with +4 Atk buff misses out on the green flier in by 3 HP.

EDIT:
Suprise. Surprise. She only needs 2 more attack in order to kill it. I guess I'll be marrying her then.

yami4ct

Had a good day as the RNG keeper graced me with a green tome Inigo. It's +DEF/-ATK so not ideal, but probably not the worst either. Thinking of running Ike/Inigo/Tome Support Ephraim/Brave Lyn

I'm not the most caught up on the meta in terms of team synergy, but how does that look? Other notable 5* I have that I can think of are Minerva, Lance Azura, and Sword Lucina. Have a Reinhardt with decent IVs that I'll probably up to 5* one day but I'm only sitting on 16k feathers right due to getting my skills ready for Inigo. Also have a cordelia but it'd take a minor miracle for me to pull the skills she needs to be competitive.

Also where would it best to put my seals and what C skills should I be looking at for Ike and Lyn?

HoodWinked

the new squad assault was interesting.

2nd map was a pain if you dont have reinhardt to rush the left side. so i had to approach from the right. the archer and brave sword luke do an absurd amount of damage. i figured my Effie could tank it but somehow luke even with weapon disadvantage was killing my Effie. ended up using black knight but even he would die without specifically giving him def seal and having another unit spur def.

the 5th map got me good though, i made my team specifically for what it showed on the map preview and when more spawned in i was like oh crap. ended up beating it with a different team even had to use a unit to block the blue mage that would spawn on the left middle by standing in front of him as i waited out to hit the 8th turn.

Trunx28

first timer on tier 20 arena. Feels good, although I won't stay there for more than a week. First fight was against a +5 Reinhard (tanked by Hector, but .. come on!). I'm not even a dolphin, F2P since the beginning. I will go down so hard ..

Sciel

Yep. I generally save my horse and flier teams for the end of Squad/Arena Assault, which was why I was surprised to see that Dragon Emblem cleared Map 5 much more easily.

Though I guess the fact that none of the new Deflect line of Sacred Seals apply to dragons is only gonna make Dragon Emblem stronger in the coming weeks.
Dragon Emblem is ridiculous on that last map lol.
Once you get rid of the Lance Infratry, Adult Tiki can basically hold the chokepoint and kill everything on retaliation (well besides that OP Amelia).

ggx2ac

Got 5,064 points in Arena Assault. Looks like it's my highest score yet. And it's great I managed to get it done already, it's always tough to do.

Weebos

Banned
Happy to see that they added Sacred Coins to the regular Arena rewards. I can continue getting "acceptable" Arena Assault runs.

Sciel

I was kinda worried that with a 35 total attack (with G.Raven+), he would kill nothing ever. Better to go with bowbreaker or QP?

QR you mean?

Bowbreaker is probably overall the better solution since Inigo can still get quad by a fully horse buffed B.Lyn and die. QR2 is probably more "budget" friendly though and its fine until you meet a Lyn with >38 Speed

Anyways, He's not supposed to kill anything during the player-phase, instead he's the ultimate enemy phase blue mage/colorless killer.

kewlmyc

Didn't know Distant Defense could stack. Ran into a Sophia with a Distant Defense 3 A skill and a Distance Defense 2 seal. B.Lyn could do absolutely nothing to her.

Aesnath

QR you mean?

Bowbreaker is probably overall the better solution since Inigo can still get quad by a fully horse buffed B.Lyn and die. QR2 is probably more "budget" friendly though and its fine until you meet a Lyn with >38 Speed

Anyways, He's not supposed to kill anything during the player-phase, instead he's the ultimate enemy phase blue mage/colorless killer.

Yeah, QR, sorry. Thanks for the help (you as well The_White_Rose). I'm not good at the calc sites, so 35 atk just seemed really low.

I suppose he isn't really taking up the "green slot" on the team, so much as being a "value added" dancer.

Weebos

Banned
Didn't know Distant Defense could stack. Ran into a Sophia with a Distant Defense 3 A skill and a Distance Defense 2 seal. B.Lyn could do absolutely nothing to her.

I believe skills stack if they are different versions, so if it was a Distant Defense 3 seal it would not stack.

StAidan

I promoted and finished by Gronnraven+/TA Fem Robin as my arena counter to Reinhardt/Brave Lyn, and enjoyed baiting them in and destroying them a few times. Then a number of rounds later, my jaw literally fell as a Lyn swooped in and ORKO'd her. Turns out I got so careless and didn't bother to check the Lyn before I baited her, and sure enough, she had Cancel Affinity. lol :(

Sciel

I promoted and finished by Gronnraven+/TA Fem Robin as my arena counter to Reinhardt/Brave Lyn, and enjoyed baiting them in and destroying them a few times. Then a number of rounds later, my jaw literally fell as a Lyn swooped in and ORKO'd her. Turns out I got so careless and didn't bother to check the Lyn before I baited her, and sure enough, she had Cancel Affinity. lol :(
I actually fought a team with 2 B.Lyns in arena earlier. One with standard B.Bow Build and the other with Firesweep+ + CA. Thankfully i checked their skills before placing my Inigo >_<

Yeah, QR, sorry. Thanks for the help (you as well The_White_Rose). I'm not good at the calc sites, so 35 atk just seemed really low.

I suppose he isn't really taking up the "green slot" on the team, so much as being a "value added" dancer.
Its no problem! Yeah, unless its arena I typically prefer the more run of the mill dancers (Azura/Ninian/Olivia/P.Azura).

Top Bottom