• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
They should definitely make some units 4 stars and retroactively make Reinhardt 5 stars only, I still don't know why he is 4 stars.
I've pulled a couple of Reins that ended up as Vantage fodder.

Though the fact that he shows up as 4* is probably a big reason why he's so damn common everywhere.

I'm tempted to replace my A Tiki that is -hp/+Atk with the -Res/+def one I got recently. The -4 hp hurts far more than the -3 res, especially because I run TA anyways and archers are far more prevalent now.

But there are sooooo many other projects!

Sciel

Yeah, she's +def -spd. Brave bows are actually worse against her because the lower weapon damage means that they're more likely to do 0s, which just gives her Bonfire charge. I don't know if she counterkills all archers (probably not), but she survives them for sure.

The only threat that archers bring would be if they had their own specials charged, but even then I think she can usually survive them.

Nowi works too, though she takes more damage (and I feel better putting her on a defensive tile). It's just that I like ATiki so I try to find excuses to use her.

That looks like a high-speed Nowi, which is terrifying. That's probably way more versatile than my ATiki lol.
She's pretty scary o_o. Yours will probably do even better since you have Summoner Support.
Fully Buffed +3 Innes (I think its +8/+8?)
497bef63e2.png

Fully Buffed +10 B.Bow+ Klein

Sushen

With the exception of lack of a flier team due to no Hinata, I'm mostly done with building units. I guess I can try A Tiki as an insurance.

Tripon

trying to decide draw back or reposition on brave lyn.
Put both and change as needed.

Currently I have drag back on Brave Lyn because as a range unit, I don't want her to take melee attacks ever.

Reposition for me are melee units that can take a defensive hit like Camus or Xander.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Put both and change as needed.

Currently I have drag back on Brave Lyn because as a range unit, I don't want her to take melee attacks ever.

Reposition for me are melee units that can take a defensive hit like Camus or Xander.
If everyone has Reposition though, it's like a conga line you can keep moving on back.

Mupod

I don't have specific rules on what assists I put on people, but draw back on ranged, pivot on armor, and reposition on fliers/melee is typically what I do. But for a team that's meant to work together I consider the whole group.

For example my horse team has 3 draw backs and swap on my heavy red (eldigan or xander). This allows my team to easily arrange itself into a square formation to get double buffs on everyone (I use double fortify/hone and two blade tomes). Swap is essential for this since as long as my characters are next to each other I can fix the 'buff square'.

There's also the aspect of constantly using new teams. I don't want to get mixed up and forget what assist is on someone, and end up drawing back instead of repositioning at the wrong moment. And when I fill in a unit for bonus, I like them to just slot easily into that role. So I do try to stick to my archetypes. Thankfully I seem to have developed a talent for finding unlimited Barsts so I've been able to do what I want lately.

StAidan

Finally pulled an actual brave unit from CYL, about 450 orbs in. +atk, -spd Brave Roy. Not ideal, but I'm thinking with Darting Blow his speed bane won't be so bad. I wouldn't use him outside of Horse Emblem anyway.

And with that, I'm so done with this banner. This and the last summer banner gave me the worst luck I've had pulling focus units. I haven't chosen my free neutral yet, but I'm leaning toward Ike even though I really want Lucina too.

kewlmyc

What dragons are you guys using besides Ninian.
I always see her with Fortify Dragons, but she's the only one there.

It's usually Nowi, YTiki, and Fae. That's what I'm going with at least.

No one uses ATiki if they have access to the younger one (god that sounds so wrong), and Corrin is just a budget Nowi.

Sushen

YTiki

YTiki > ATiki
In general, yes. But if you need a physical wall against greens like Hector and Frederick, ATiki's slightly higher def and atk helps. She lacks spd and res is lower than YTiki.

I'm about to give ATiki a chance for her niche role.

Vena

In general, yes. But if you need a physical wall against greens like Hector and Frederick, ATiki's slightly higher def and atk helps. She lacks spd and res is lower than YTiki.

ATiki's low speed allows her to body the shit out of BIke.

Firemind

YTiki takes like 4 damage against Hector because of Armored Blow. Quick Riposte doesn't matter since he can't deal the second attack.

Sushen

I pulled a -HP +SPD Brave Roy. How should I build? Fury and Desperation?
I kept his default a skill as he gets horse buffs. I felt nervous about 6 damage he gets from fury as he has a low hp. And that way he gets more def as well. I like running him with BLyn buffing each other.

Slermy

Probably Ploy skills but they are attached to very rare units. If she's on a team of mages Hone Speed is great as mages always want more speed. Have you tried to pull for Eirika at all? She can get high res as well and can buff mages even better.

Maybe Threaten skills? Or Savage Blow, though sometimes chip damage on units is undesirable if it makes them proc things like WoM, Vantage, etc.

Thanks, for the responses. I had avoided Savage Blow to prevent triggering Vantage, but holding out of a Poly is not a bad idea. She does have great resistance.

Kenai

Finally pulled a Brave from the banner (-HP+Def BowLyn). Now I can finally get my Ike!

I don't think the pity rate went up to 4 but I was sniping after that -Attack Takumi from last time ~_~

Shinypogs

Still waiting on Nils.

Also I will laugh so much if they actually make Reyson capable of refreshing multiple units at once.

Also Reina plz because flying archer will be entertaining as all hell.

Golnei

They could get away with treating dragon laguz like manaketes, but if the others have significant mechanical differences, I think they'll wait to release them at the same time so as to keep them consistent. Still, they're not exactly important enough to give that much attention to, even rolling taguel and the Fates/Switch beast tribes into the same system.

NSESN

Kurth seems like he'd have a shot. They'll have to cross that bridge sooner or later (and we might get a green Heron singer that way too).

Both can use the same weapon.
I am thinking of:
Kurth 45/32/26/28/28
Dheginsea 50/33/20/30/26
Both with Black Breath, not inheritable, 16 MT with DC
Kurth comes ward Dragons amd Dheginsea with goad.

Tripon

at least until Alfonse week

I actually think Alfonse is the best of the Starter Trio for Arena. There's so many teams that run a Hector or another axe user so Axe breaker is necessary, or you can run sword breakers if that's what you want.

Roman

I'd rate them Anna > Alfonse > Sharena.

Anna's Spd and ability to bait Reinhardts is too useful. Built-in Escape Route 2 can also give good options.

kewlmyc

I'd rate them Anna > Alfonse > Sharena.

Anna's Spd and ability to bait Reinhardts is too useful. Built-in Escape Route 2 can also give good options.

I'll give you Anna, sure, but how is Alfonse in any way better than Sharena. He's a worse Chrom.

Roman

I'll give you Anna, sure, but how is Alfonse in any way better than Sharena. He's a worse Chrom.

Even if you use him with Folksvangr rather than a Brave Sword (for points) he can contribute very well with minimal investment:

- With Swordbreaker he 1RKOs Ike and Ryoma
- He can easily duel Brave Ike and Hector; 2RKOing them if you don't run Axebreaker - which shouldn't be a problem if you take care of them last
- He's fast enough to 1RKO Reinhardt
- He hits hard enough to straight 1HKO Brave Lyn and Cordelia

For a non-core starter unit with practically no investment these are some very solid achievements.

13400 feathers today with an additional 5k feathers tomorrow. Still have 20k points to go through in Tempest for more. IS has been very generous. I actually used feathers on vanity projects for the first time.

Sushen

Even if you use him with Folksvangr rather than a Brave Sword (for points) he can contribute very well with minimal investment:

- With Swordbreaker he 1RKOs Ike and Ryoma
- He can easily duel Brave Ike and Hector; 2RKOing them if you don't run Axebreaker - which shouldn't be a problem if you take care of them last
- He's fast enough to 1RKO Reinhardt
- He hits hard enough to straight 1HKO Brave Lyn and Cordelia

For a non-core starter unit with practically no investment these are some very solid achievements.
Would he be even better with brave sword? I have Cain that I've been saving for the right user. Seth can donate ruby sword as well.

Roman

Would he be even better with brave sword? I have Cain that I've been saving for the right user. Seth can donate ruby sword as well.

I wouldn't recommend Brave Sword builds in general for arena now because Brave Ike hard counters them.

Top Bottom