• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Whizkid7

Pulled Lancina and a pure neutral Brave Roy. That's all four heroes now, quite surprisingly. No idea where to fit Lancina in yet. Debating on what to do with Roy as he's #2 and the first one I don't remember IVs anymore.

PK Gaming

Still concerned they might start going with a 3 x 5*Star / 1 x 4*Star split after the banner ends.

That's a trend I'd hate to see continue

MicH

I would love for them to introduce a bunch of new 3 star characters, could easily take a bunch of less popular units and make them 3 star units.

Would also love to see some demotions. Getting trolled by a 5* Rebecca and Myst just hurts when trying for colorless.

I feel like everything other than specialty units should be available at other rarities, at least eventually. Keep the seasonal and Brave units and anything future like them 5* only, and start downgrading some others.

Looking at the current list of 5* only excluding the special and brave ones

Alm
Amelia
Azura
Celica
Delhea
Eldigan
Elise
Ephraim
Faye (seriously wtf)
Genny (Seriously wtf)
Gray
Hector
Hinoka
Ike
Innes
Jaffar
Julia
Karel
Katarina
Leo
Linde
Lucina
Luke
Lyn
Minerva
Mist (oh FFS)
Ninian
Olwen
Ryoma
Saber
Sanaki
Sonya
Takumi
Tana
Tiki (young)

Thats a pretty fucking absurd list. A lot of them arent even interesting characters that feel special at 5*. Mist, sonya, jaffar, luke, bleh. Also 2/3 dancers locked at 5*.

Id start by downgrading characters like sonya, jaffar, luke, basically all the colorless except leave elise. Jaffar downgrade could make life and death easier. Downgrade Olwen to match Reinhardt (considering hes better anyway).

Then as more special and unique duplicates start to release downgrade more.

I quickly pulled this off a wiki, not 100% sure its accurate

Mupod

Gwendolyn gives both Drag Back and Hone Atk 1/2 - great inheritance for training fliers, especially if one is short on Clairs.

Oboro is a pretty solid unit in her own right, you could use her in AA against Zephiels (and soon Black Knight) with practically no inheritance, or as a solid infantry Brave Lance especially if she is +Atk.

My blue roster has 3 blarblade+ mages so I'm not terribly concerned about specific red counters. I do see your point about Black Knight, if he ends up being a GHB or TT reward with Distant Counter, he'd become absurdly common overnight. But I hate Oboro's stupid face. I think I'll give her Heavy Spear to a 4* Valter instead of sending her home this time, though.

Gwendolyn is rapidly becoming my most commonly found unit, everyone who needs drag back has it (and I've found a lot of Clairs). Maybe I'll work on a 4*+10. Probably not.

Anyways, I know what skills they have. There's tons of 3-4* that I'm very happy to see, even skills like Sol or defiant/threaten abilities find a use on my autobattle teams. I'm allowed to bitch about finding Gwendolyn #20.

Speaking of which, I've done so much random inheritance to clear out barracks space that my older 5* characters are starting to remind me of my Steam library. I'll frequently go to inherit some common situational skill over only to find out they already have it, much like when I try to impulse buy some random indie game I got in a humble bundle 2 years ago. This happened with Anna twice, lol. I guess I fed her a couple Ravens at some point.

I could never see a unit like Julia being downgrade considering how utterly unique her weapon is. She's still currently the only anti-dragon mage.

Time to add weapons to the gacha.

Looking at the current list of 5* only excluding the special and brave ones

Alm - make 4*/5*
Amelia
Azura
Celica
Delhea
Eldigan
Elise
Ephraim - make 4*/5*
Faye (seriously wtf) -make 4*/5*
Genny (Seriously wtf) - make 4*/5*
Gray - make 4*/5*
Hector
Hinoka - make 4*/5* (need Hone fliers more accessible and blue flier Lance is a crowded field and she's not that special amongst them)
Ike
Innes
Jaffar - make 4*/5*
Julia
Karel - make 4*/5*
Katarina - make 4*/5*
Leo - make 4*/5*
Linde
Lucina
Luke - make 4*/5*
Lyn
Minerva
Mist (oh FFS) - make 4*/5*
Ninian
Olwen - make 4*/5*
Ryoma
Saber - make 4*/5*
Sanaki
Sonya
Takumi
Tana
Tiki (young) - make 4*/5*

I edited in some of the changes I would make.

I would then make current 4*/5* units like Catria and Claire and Cain and Hawkeye and Caeda and Camilla 3*/4*. Which would also strengthen the 5* and 3* pool.

I would then make current 4*/5* units like Catria and Claire and Cain and Hawkeye and Caeda and Camilla 3*/4*. Which would also strengthen the 5* and 3* pool.
I cant see them taking camilla and caeda out of the 5* pool. too popular of characters, but there are definitely plenty of options for that move.

explodet

I'm in total hoarding mode right now... 250+ orbs. We're waiting for the October banner, fingers crossed for a Halloween theme that we're 75% sure is happening.

Almost 90K feathers too, but that's only because I keep waffling on promoting one of my units. Should have promoted my FRobin during that 2x XP/SP event so I would have had it ready for the GHB in two days, but TT rewards tho.

Sciel

I agree with Genny and Hinoka. Have been dying for Wrathful staff and Hinoka would finally let me build a decent Flyer Emblem.

Would also demote Eldigan and Lyn + All 5* Bow users aside from Brave Lyn. The latter change would make colorless hell a little more bearable.

Trunx28

I picked up a -HP +spd Nino in my last roll. So here she is. Christ, she outspeeds a +spd L&D Clair.

my current 5* Nino +1 is +atk, -hp. I rolled a +spd -res at 4*. Should I get her to 5* and then merge her as base with the +1 Nino? Or is +atk the better choice?

Mupod

I'm in total hoarding mode right now... 250+ orbs. We're waiting for the October banner, fingers crossed for a Halloween theme that we're 75% sure is happening.

Almost 90K feathers too, but that's only because I keep waffling on promoting one of my units. Should have promoted my FRobin during that 2x XP/SP event so I would have had it ready for the GHB in two days, but TT rewards tho.

I thought about saving for limited units or Hone Fliers but in the end there's nothing I want more than additional Hectors.

explodet

I thought about saving for limited units or Hone Fliers but in the end there's nothing I want more than additional Hectors.
I see nothing wrong with that strategy.

I keep saying it, but Hector could be -everything/+nothing and still be better than half the heroes in the game.

spiritfox

my current 5* Nino +1 is +atk, -hp. I rolled a +spd -res at 4*. Should I get her to 5* and then merge her as base with the +1 Nino? Or is +atk the better choice?

+spd is generally better than +att, but -res makes it harder for her to tank Reinhardt. If you have other counters then you should use the +spd one. If not, then +att might be better.

fek

First Cordelia broke my over 5% rate and now Catria did the same, lol. In the end the only brave unit I got was the free one. I want to keep trying for Lucina but I will wait for another opportunity now that my rate is back to 3% again.

Sushen

I cant see them taking camilla and caeda out of the 5* pool. too popular of characters, but there are definitely plenty of options for that move.

Caeda is one of the worst units you can find, where fortoff flier is the only positive. I would rate her the same as oboro. I'm sure some people can make them work but why put so much efforts recycling trash while so many better units are out there.

My FRobin is ready as 5*. Her GHB was the toughest for a while and I can imagine her infernal will rival Legion and Valter. At least I'll have an easier time finishing kill unit with the unit task.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I can scrape together enough orbs to pull CYL one more time before it goes away. I think I'm probably at the rationalizing stage of burning orbs for nothing at this point, and making my peace with not pulling a single one.

I've realized that I don't even know what I'd do with a new brave hero even if I pulled one. I know that Lyn is broken as fuck but I already have plenty of great heroes at this point, and Lyn doesn't stand out as much as I thought she would. I don't consider her a must-pick for all of my teams or anything.

I imagine that if I pulled a Lancina or another Brave unit, I'd probably feel the same way.

Caeda is one of the worst units you can find, where fortoff flier is the only positive. I would rate her the same as oboro. I'm sure some people can make them work but why put so much efforts recycling trash while so many better units are out there.
I was just saying Caeda is a popular fire emblem character, not that shes a popular fire emblem heroes character, or a good one.

Firemind

I've realized that I don't even know what I'd do with a new brave hero even if I pulled one. I know that Lyn is broken as fuck but I already have plenty of great heroes at this point, and Lyn doesn't stand out as much as I thought she would.
She's the first cavalry archer... You'll see what I mean when you encounter flier emblem.

Pejo

I'm back up to 50ish orbs, and Brave Roy is the only CYL unit I don't have. Is he worth anything if I have a bunch of good Reds like Ike/Ryoma, or Eldigan/Xander for horse emblem? I'm thinking I'll wait and save the orbs.

Firemind

I'm back up to 50ish orbs, and Brave Roy is the only CYL unit I don't have. Is he worth anything if I have a bunch of good Reds like Ike/Ryoma, or Eldigan/Xander for horse emblem? I'm thinking I'll wait and save the orbs.
Xander/Eldigan are tanks and Ike/Ryoma are horseless.

These banners are really good but they don't expire until the next one starts and many times we get a trailer for the new banner a day ahead. So you'll be able to preview the new units usually while these banners are still active.

That's what I'm doing because I really want Lancina on my main account, but may as well wait till Thursday to see what the next units are.

Sciel

He's a very strong unit albeit very squishy. Very player-phase centric and is quite terrible during enemy phase.
Probably the "worst" among the Brave units though.

Pejo

Xander/Eldigan are tanks and Ike/Ryoma are horseless.

Is Roy a great attack unit then? I don't really like user phase melee anymore since it's basically sacrificing them to actually use them in harder content. I read a quick blurb about how his speed can get insane and he can pretty much guarantee a double, but there always seems to be some shitty blue mage hanging around that will take him out immediately afterwards.

These banners are really good but they don't expire until the next one starts and many times we get a trailer for the new banner a day ahead. So you'll be able to preview the new units usually while these banners are still active.

That's what I'm doing because I really want Lancina on my main account, but may as well wait till Thursday to see what the next units are.

Not a bad idea. I think I'll go with this mindset.

I go to arena and all 3 rounds have been teams of the 4 brave heroes. Not that I mind cause it's an easy win but do people really think having all 4 brave heroes as a team actually work? They aren't bad individually but they aren't that spectacular as a defense team.

Firemind

Is Roy a great attack unit then? I don't really like user phase melee anymore since it's basically sacrificing them to actually use them in harder content. I read a quick blurb about how his speed can get insane and he can pretty much guarantee a double, but there always seems to be some shitty blue mage hanging around that will take him out immediately afterwards.
You can blitzkrieg the opposing team when they're badly positioned. It's great. This morning I farmed the lunatic story maps on auto for orbs lol

Slermy

So I have a team that is a bit mage vulnerable, so I added Fir as a mage killer. She works pretty well, but I have no idea what to put in her C skill slot. What is recommended for a unit that tends to "lone wolf" it?

So I have a team that is a bit mage vulnerable, so I added Fir as a mage killer. She works pretty well, but I have no idea what to put in her C skill slot. What is recommended for a unit that tends to "lone wolf" it?

Probably Ploy skills but they are attached to very rare units. If she's on a team of mages Hone Speed is great as mages always want more speed. Have you tried to pull for Eirika at all? She can get high res as well and can buff mages even better.

Tripon

I don't know about adding more 3 stars, I would rather they get their 3rd version of a skill before anything else or their 2nd version of their special at 3 star. Like if Niles got iceberg at 3 star, I wouldnr be so annoyed pulling for him.

Akuun

Saw this post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6zfbs5/bowlyn_counter_the_divine_dragon/

And i think i just found the next unit i want to build :D. She survives:

1) A fully buffed Hone&Goad +ATK or +SPD/-Def Brave Bow+ B.Lyn thats +5 and below while KO-ing her in the process.

2) A fully buffed Hone&Goad +ATK or +SPD/-Def Mulagir B.Lyn thats +3 and below while KO-ing her in the process.

Now...just need to pull a good A.Tiki ;-;/
For a cheaper build, this is my A.Tiki. Pretty solid wall against archers and pretty much any physical unit. Most physical units need a special to do significant damage to her.

I've paired her with Ninian for both the support bond and Fortify Dragons.

OUv3Dnz.jpg

Maybe Threaten skills? Or Savage Blow, though sometimes chip damage on units is undesirable if it makes them proc things like WoM, Vantage, etc.

MicH

Steam rolling through the Lunatic paralogue chain challenges with my new cavalry team (BLyn, BRoy, Rein and Elise). Hardly ever need to use a second team. All these wonderful orbs!

Sciel

For a cheaper build, this is my A.Tiki. Pretty solid wall against archers and pretty much any physical unit. Most physical units need a special to do significant damage to her.

I've paired her with Ninian for both the support bond and Fortify Dragons.

Maybe Threaten skills? Or Savage Blow, though sometimes chip damage on units is undesirable if it makes them proc things like WoM, Vantage, etc.
That's a pretty terrifying wall. Looks like +def/-spd? Would kill basically any Archer that isn't B. Lyn/Innes yeah?

I'll probably still throw Steady Breath on her since I've got a 2 un-used B.Ikes and I don't plan to merge. Will pair her with Ninian though! That's going to be a scary pair.

I don't know about adding more 3 stars, I would rather they get their 3rd version of a skill before anything else or their 2nd version of their special at 3 star. Like if Niles got iceberg at 3 star, I wouldnr be so annoyed pulling for him.

I don't know about the tier 2 specials being available at 3* (since supports are already unlocked), but some tier 3 skills need to be more readily available at 4*. Goad Cavalry, Quick Riposte, Death Blow, Life and Death, etc.

Akuun

That's a pretty terrifying wall. Looks like +def/-spd? Would kill basically any Archer that isn't B. Lyn/Innes yeah?

I'll probably still throw Steady Breath on her since I've got a 2 un-used B.Ikes and I don't plan to merge. Will pair her with Ninian though! That's going to be a scary pair.
Yeah, she's +def -spd. Brave bows are actually worse against her because the lower weapon damage means that they're more likely to do 0s, which just gives her Bonfire charge. I don't know if she counterkills all archers (probably not), but she survives them for sure.

The only threat that archers bring would be if they had their own specials charged, but even then I think she can usually survive them.

Why is ATiki the dragon to fight against Brave Lyn? Would Nowi do the trick?
Nowi works too, though she takes more damage (and I feel better putting her on a defensive tile). It's just that I like ATiki so I try to find excuses to use her.

Oh, so we're showing off Dragon wives huh?

She's just short of where I really want her, but she's definitely pulling her weight.
That looks like a high-speed Nowi, which is terrifying. That's probably way more versatile than my ATiki lol.

Mupod

Tiki has much higher defense.

My Fury 3 Nowi can do it but gets pretty messed up in the process. However, as mine's +SPD and usually runs a speed seal + hone speed from an ally, she avoids being doubled by a stock unbuffed Lyn. And if she's buffed then Hector just panic ploys her into uselessness.

Only issue is Lightning Breath adds +1 to the special count like a blade tome, so even Moonbow won't go off unless Nowi gets doubled. Lyn's got pretty high Res. Which is tempting me to switch my -atk +spd Nowi over to the +atk -HP one I just found.

NSESN

They should definitely make some units 4 stars and retroactively make Reinhardt 5 stars only, I still don't know why he is 4 stars.

Sciel

With the same build & boons/banes, Nowi will die a +0 Mulagir B.Lyn that is fully buffed.

She fairs a bit better though against Brave Bow+ and will live against unmerged B.Lyn.

Oh, so we're showing off Dragon wives huh?

She's just short of where I really want her, but she's definitely pulling her weight.
Really nice Dragon Waifu. I don't have nearly enough feathers though to build her :(.

Top Bottom