• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh I've really been sleeping on my +Atk Julia. After giving her Bowbreaker and padding out her HP a bit with Sacred Seals, she has just enough HP to tank a hit from Brave Lyn and take her out on the follow-up. Obviously she counters Reinhardt, but she also one-shots Brave Lucina, and can even one-shot Brave Ike if her special is up.

I think she'll probably end up taking Celica's spot on my infantry team, red mages just don't really have a valuable niche right now.

Roman

Cutoff point for staying in tier 20 is pretty brutal this week, I'm dropping with 4882. I think you need over 4900 - Brave Ike is raising everyone's score.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Gosh I've really been sleeping on my +Atk Julia. After giving her Bowbreaker and padding out her HP a bit with Sacred Seals, she has just enough HP to tank a hit from Brave Lyn and take her out on the follow-up. Obviously she counters Reinhardt, but she also one-shots Brave Lucina, and can even one-shot Brave Ike if her special is up.
Julia is great. She's not the nuker that Nino is, but she's so much more versatile and independent.

Cutoff point for staying in tier 20 is pretty brutal this week, I'm dropping with 4882. I think you need over 4900 - Brave Ike is raising everyone's score.
Glad I stopped trying at 4844.

Finally beat that BHB Infernal with BLyn, Olivia, Bridelia, Ninian. Main thing really was that I didn't have BLyn and Olivia fully SI'd up beforehand. Now that they're more or less done and with support bonuses I was able to clean up quite nicely.

Sushen

Not gonna even try next week. Making into tier 20 means I just need to get over 4000 next week to me. AA is becoming more stressful, though. While I'm forced to switch facing the same combinations of enemies easily makes me run out of counters.

Bound to drop when the next Tempest drop. Hope you have a Path of Radiance character for the 40% bounus.

Got regular Ike, Brave Ike, and Titania. A 4* Soren is in there somewhere as well. No Mist or Sanaki sadly.

Well, saving orbs for Nephenee. Elincia also if she shows up in a banner. I doubt we'll see a Laguz but would love to be mistaken on that. Gimmie my colorless flying dancer/singer heron laguz plz.

Any clue when the next banner is going to drop and what kind of banner it is?
According to the calendar there is a new heroes login event starting 9/15...so then.

Who will be is not sure but the title of the next TT is likely a hint, and Nephene and Black Knight are even better hints at what game the banner will be representing.

I got a +Spd/-Def Soren while I was chasing Brave Ike so hopefully he's a 40% bonus for the next Tempest. Although, I suspect that the 40% units will be new from the upcoming likely PoR banner + Ike.

Ninferno

My 4892 is also failing to keep me in T20, which would be unthinkable a few weeks ago. I too blame CYL, hopefully when Bike and Blyn lose their bonus char status the cut-off will drop a little bit. Otherwise I'm going to be forced to run a 4* + 10 Hana alongside 5* + 5 Olivia, which is certainly going to suck in terms of balanced team comp.

Also, do we know if the 2 types of supports (especially the Summoner support) affect arena scoring? I don't think they should, but I'm thinking they might. Haven't tested it myself though, my score was obtained before supports go live. And I won't bother to try again even though I'm going to drop.

I hope we can get a preview of the new Heroes tonight. I probably won't even try to pull for them besides the free summon, but at least there will be something to be excited about.

Screenshot_2017-09-11-00-36-52.png

I leveled her from 1 to 40 WITH Sword Valor and this is all the sp I get by the end of it. To make it equivalent of just a regular grind of 1 to 40 without 2x sp I would've needed to level her in Tempest :/

Honestly I prefer not having the 2x experience multiplier. Maybe in the end it's the same number of battles but it feels like less of a grind when you keep leveling rather than just getting the sp and nothing else.

Good thing this one is just merge fodder.

Sciel

Does anyone feel there should be a restricted unit list for each Arena/AA season?

Say, every season maybe 2 units of each type (Horse, Infantry, Flier, Armor) are banned from usage in Arena/AA. I myself use a full horse emblem team, but its tiring to see the same Reinhardt-B.Lyn combo for the 100th time in Arena. This would encourage players to switch around their team more rather than rely on the same units week in week out (aside from bonus).

I feel this would help with the tedium of AA as well. Having to potentially face the above combo multiple times in a row just gets insanely frustrating. Sure, you can build a few counter units, but that's probably not enough for every round. This is especially true when they can take easily take out some of your units on their first turn in certain maps when paired with a dancer. I did a few rounds of AA earlier and almost every single round had Rein-B.Lyn or stacked DC teams.

toshi

Neo Member
-Spd builds are bad since 20% is still 20% and Urvan won't save you against melees. Rein and BLyn will trigger Urvan either way, so might as well have some extra speed to prevent doubles against melees.

So I happen to have a +spd/-res Bike and a -spd/+res Bike and I am thinking of merging one onto the other. In this case which one do you guys think I should be building?

Does anyone feel there should be a restricted unit list for each Arena/AA season?

Say, every season maybe 2 units of each type (Horse, Infantry, Flier, Armor) are banned from usage in Arena/AA. I myself use a full horse emblem team, but its tiring to see the same Reinhardt-B.Lyn combo for the 100th time in Arena. This would encourage players to switch around their team more rather than rely on the same units week in week out (aside from bonus).

I feel this would help with the tedium of AA as well. Having to potentially face the above combo multiple times in a row just gets insanely frustrating. Sure, you can build a few counter units, but that's probably not enough for every round. This is especially true when they can take easily take out some of your units on their first turn in certain maps when paired with a dancer. I did a few rounds of AA earlier and almost every single round had Rein-B.Lyn or stacked DC teams.

There's no way in hell I'm going into Arena Assault again to maintain my spot in the current bracket. I'm at #4707 and falling.

I didn't have to fight Brave Lyn to get my current streak, but I don't want to go back to deal with more horses. I'll just have to aim for a higher score next season.

Spoit

I would love it if the featured unit rate never decreased until you actually pull one.

Off-focus 5 star units should stay at a static 3% and the pity rate should only apply to the 5 star focus units. That way it'd increment up by 0.5% instead of 0.25 and reset when you pull a banner unit like you said.

No one summons from banners expecting to get other specific units. It gets even worse when your pity rate starts to get high and you get the feeling that you should keep investing. Pulling an off-focus and resetting at that point is complete bullshit.

Trunx28

I can't seem to get damn Hector!! My Beruka is already +5, I got Cherches flying around everywhere .. At least no Batre, but green orbs are like rain in the Sahara .. Will save up orbs now till the last day of the CYL banner and then snipe like hell.

Pity rate was broken by a 5* Ninian at least, my first non-Olivia dancer. Killing the mini Tempest with her, Rein, Xander and BLyn with BraveBow+. Easiest grinding ever.

Firemind

So I happen to have a +spd/-res Bike and a -spd/+res Bike and I am thinking of merging one onto the other. In this case which one do you guys think I should be building?
I wouldn't merge at all. That +1 to HP and Attack is almost negligible, especially when you have seals and supports too. Merging is exclusive for the whales among us. BIke has Steady Breath which is too valuable because of its unique property.

I did merge my two BRoys but that's because he doesn't have Steady Breath :p

Sciel

This is some kind of sick joke

My 5% pity rate for Ike went to fucking 5 star Marth

Fuck everything

EVERYTHING

AND HE'S -SPD TOO
Off-focus 5 star units should stay at a static 3% and the pity rate should only apply to the 5 star focus units. That way it'd increment up by 0.5% instead of 0.25 and reset when you pull a banner unit like you said.

No one summons from banners expecting to get other specific units. It gets even worse when your pity rate starts to get high and you get the feeling that you should keep investing. Pulling an off-focus and resetting at that point is complete bullshit.
That really sucks. I too have had the same experience with having both Chrom and Marth appearing when i least want them to.

This probably doesn't help, but even if you had pulled a good IV one, you probably won't use him much (if at all) unless you are desperate for sword reds.

I really like your suggestion. Another option is to just have a singular 5* summoning percentage; With there being a significantly higher chance to summon Focus Units if you manage to summon a 5*. FGO uses this system whereby if you pull a 5* then there is a 70% chance to get the unit featured on the banner. I don't see it happening though since $$$$$$$.

I can't seem to get damn Hector!! My Beruka is already +5, I got Cherches flying around everywhere .. At least no Batre, but green orbs are like rain in the Sahara .. Will save up orbs now till the last day of the CYL banner and then snipe like hell.

Pity rate was broken by a 5* Ninian at least, my first non-Olivia dancer. Killing the mini Tempest with her, Rein, Xander and BLyn with BraveBow+. Easiest grinding ever.
Congratulations! She's a fantastic unit, hope you got some good IVs with that pull :).

Mupod

Doing a casual Arena Assault run for Items and Quest Rewards. I stumble into this nonsense. The other Brave Lyn is running Mulagir.

Next season will be exhausting.

heh, funny thing is my 4* gronnraven TA2 FRobin would probably take 0 damage from all that if I put her on a tile. edit: oh right, luna would do a few damage. Wouldn't cancel her buffs unlike Mulagir though.

I've yet to run into two Lyns myself. Been working hard on creating counters to her but my lack of Bowbreaker is making it difficult.

I finally got an on banner 5* and its the brave lucina I wanted. +atk -spd though. I think itll be fine since she has high speed anyway. Makes me wish I had swift sparrow lying around for her though

Mupod

I keep finding Faes with the same -DEF +RES setup. Would be fine if all I wanted was a blue mage counter, but I want more mileage out of my 40k feathers.

I keep looking back at the -HP +DEF one I've got. 29 def isn't amazing, but it's enough to survive a stock Bow Lyn if I give her a buff (even a +1 def seal will do it). With Fortify Dragons she's good to go, add TA2 to that and she's a solid wall against blues. Her attack power is a problem, but Moonbow and QR2 should secure kills. And if I want additional units who can survive and kill both Lyn and Rein, well, it's a very short list.

I'm thinking I could just give her Lightning Breath+ for now and use the 4* +RES one until I'm done pulling for Hector. I may still find something better.

On the subject of pulling for Hector, in my last 11 summons (trying to pull only green) I've only seen 2 green orbs. What the hell.

I keep finding Faes with the same -DEF +RES setup. Would be fine if all I wanted was a blue mage counter, but I want more mileage out of my 40k feathers.

I keep looking back at the -HP +DEF one I've got. 29 def isn't amazing, but it's enough to survive a stock Bow Lyn if I give her a buff (even a +1 def seal will do it). With Fortify Dragons she's good to go, add TA2 to that and she's a solid wall against blues. Her attack power is a problem, but Moonbow and QR2 should secure kills. And if I want additional units who can survive and kill both Lyn and Rein, well, it's a very short list.

I'm thinking I could just give her Lightning Breath+ for now and use the 4* +RES one until I'm done pulling for Hector. I may still find something better.

On the subject of pulling for Hector, in my last 11 summons (trying to pull only green) I've only seen 2 green orbs. What the hell.

Try pulling for Ninian instead. :p

Mupod

Try pulling for Ninian instead. :p

I got her immediately, which is the funny thing - especially after I've spent in the vicinity of 400 orbs trying for that character on past banners.

I'm not even getting useful stuff like Subaki and Odin. Just Gwendolyn and Oboro garbage.

Roman

I got her immediately, which is the funny thing - especially after I've spent in the vicinity of 400 orbs trying for that character on past banners.

I'm not even getting useful stuff like Subaki and Odin. Just Gwendolyn and Oboro garbage.

Gwendolyn gives both Drag Back and Hone Atk 1/2 - great inheritance for training fliers, especially if one is short on Clairs.

Oboro is a pretty solid unit in her own right, you could use her in AA against Zephiels (and soon Black Knight) with practically no inheritance, or as a solid infantry Brave Lance especially if she is +Atk.

I hope they reveal the new units before the TT and CYL banners end. Should have close to 70-80 orbs when the next banner hits, but I would love to know if a unit is better than Lancina.

Top Bottom