• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

NSESN

The reason I will never whale is that IS gave me BLyn for free and Reinhardt is 4*, with those 2 and a Xander you already have a good enough team to make tier 20.

Trying to build a "FUCK REINHARDT AND LYN" build:

Need to test it out and see if Gronnraven+ is needed or triangle adept 3

WgQcrqn.png

I don't really know right now whether threaten speed is better or threaten Res

I'm also going to swap blue tomebreaker for quick riposte to get that Lyn kill that this is lacking

Thoughts?

swap threaten speed for threaten res. 27 speed lul

blue tomebreaker isn't necessary unless you're fighting a lot of lindes and deltheas in arena. green tomebreaker to avoid being oneshot by ninos.

Been getting more out of flier emblem recently. Haven't 5*d Caeda or Palla yet, so interested in that new Elincia. Lots of fun this one, a res-biased Cordelia. I guess these are the best boosts I can get without having had Hinoka make an appearance. (45, 32 ,21, 31 otherwise)

spiritfox

Hmm, unless Elincia is broken as hell, I might actually skip this banner. I already have a fully SI'ed Palla and I don't need another infantry lancer even though I like Nephenee. And Oscar is Oscar.

Golnei

Hmm, unless Elincia is broken as hell, I might actually skip this banner. I already have a fully SI'ed Palla and I don't need another infantry lancer even though I like Nephenee. And Oscar is Oscar.

I'm probably going to skip it and hope that I can get Nephenee later (I wonder how long it's going to take to get a Heroes With Wrath banner?) - the art diminished whatever interest in Elincia I might have had, and I don't really want to get thousands of Oscars hunting for a single Nephenee.

Why didn't they just call it Eclipse if it's a non-inheritable Luna?

Anyway, Black Knight looks like a beast. Looking forward to seeing his stat spread but it's not looking good for ol' Zephiel at the moment.

BK looks great. Have Amelia still as my only 5* Armor and waiting for me to do something about the others (4*s Z, Sheena, Effie for the monthly), so this will be a great jumpstart.

kswiston

Are we expecting Black Knight to be a Grand Hero Battle? Or a Tempest Trials freebee?

Edit: It looks like it is Tempest Trials. It's about time those went back to not sucking.

Ninferno

Are we expecting Black Knight to be a Grand Hero Battle? Or a Tempest Trials freebee?

Edit: It looks like it is Tempest Trials. It's about time those went back to not sucking.

There's no confirmation or datamined evidence yet, but the rumor that was right about PoR banner II said he's a Tempest reward. And it also said that the next Tempest is Arvis, who is quite possibly an armored red mage. What a time to be alive; Armor Emblem for F2Ps.

BTW, BK's art is looking super dope. One of the best currently in Heroes, and easily the most badass.

Shinypogs

I will use all my pots to get enough score to get him.. and then sit on him forever because I don't have the components for a proper armor emblem team. Although I suppose I could run him and brave Ike, a dancer and a filler unit as an interesting infantry team.

NSESN

BK looking great, my 20k feathers are ready to make him +1.
He doesn't even need wary fighter with that speed.

Edit: Exclusive upgraded luna, steady stance 3 and DC weapon? I think we might have the best sword in the game.

TWILT

Banned
hot damn, Elincia looks nuts lol. Definitely gonna pull for her. Glad my boy the Black Knight is looking like a beast too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
swap threaten speed for threaten res. 27 speed lul

blue tomebreaker isn't necessary unless you're fighting a lot of lindes and deltheas in arena. green tomebreaker to avoid being oneshot by ninos.

The threaten speed was more for team support, but yeah I think threaten res is probably better,

I don't think green tomebreaker is gonna be useful, he's not going to be killing any green mages at all, he's specifically built for arena assault against rein+brave lyn teams.

kewlmyc

ChrisD

Two questions:

From what I'm reading here, how much did I screw up in not choosing Brave Lyn as my freebie? Is she like, launch Hector levels of strong, or just a top tier Unit?

How often do these Tempest Trials happen? So many free Orbs in it. If this is a common enough occurrence, I think I just found what will keep most of my attention. :eek:

I'm trying to power through all of this content that I had unplayed to get enough Orbs for attempts at BLyn. I've already used 80+, though, and it's no dice. I did get a second Brave Lucina though. :p

Sushen

Totally not looking forward to those stupid use a trash unit to kill level 35 missions. IS should stop doing this.

Divvy

Holy fuck I just saw the Black Knight details, and the Elincia ones

holy fuck

Two questions:

From what I'm reading here, how much did I screw up in not choosing Brave Lyn as my freebie? Is she like, launch Hector levels of strong, or just a top tier Unit?

How often do these Tempest Trials happen? So many free Orbs in it. If this is a common enough occurrence, I think I just found what will keep most of my attention. :eek:

I'm trying to power through all of this content that I had unplayed to get enough Orbs for attempts at BLyn. I've already used 80+, though, and it's no dice. I did get a second Brave Lucina though. :p

RIght now she's pretty much launch Hector levels of strong.

Temptest trials usually happen once a once and last two weeks. THIs is the first month with two, the one ending today being a mini version with half the time frame and rewards.

DooD1234

Well, guess I'm saving 20k feathers after finally pulling Hector (who is sadly +Spd/-Atk) to round out my Armor Emblem of Effie, Amelia, and those 2. And jeez Elincia just made both Palla and Caeda absolutely worthless Flier reds now. I really hope IS do something about the 5* pools because it getting really crowded and some characters just don't belong there anymore or at all to begin with.

kewlmyc

Well, guess I'm saving 20k feathers after finally pulling Hector (who is sadly +Spd/-Atk) to round out my Armor Emblem of Effie, Amelia, and those 2. And jeez Elincia just made both Palla and Caeda absolutely worthless Flier reds now. I really hope IS do something about the 5* pools because it getting really crowded and some characters just don't belong there anymore or at all to begin with.

NO.

Enjoy your 5* Seliph pull.

Love, IS.

Trying to build a "FUCK REINHARDT AND LYN" build:

Need to test it out and see if Gronnraven+ is needed or triangle adept 3

WgQcrqn.png

I don't really know right now whether threaten speed is better or threaten Res

I'm also going to swap blue tomebreaker for quick riposte to get that Lyn kill that this is lacking

Thoughts?
If you're looking to create a "Screw Reinhardt/Lyn" green mage, I'd advise Bowbreaker over Blue Tomebreaker. Reinhardt's notoriously slow (an optimal Rein would have 21 Spd after a Hone buff lol), Lyn not so slow. As she has a decent Res stat too, the 56 Atk provided by Gronnraven+ and TA3 wouldn't be enough to kill her in one hit. Quick Riposte is another option, though I'm somewhat worried she'll trigger a special to kill you.

As a second recommendation, consider Panic Ploy for the C slot. Boey's tied for 2nd-highest HP of all mages, so he's bound to catch a lot with it. Catching a Honed-up Lyn or Reinhardt makes them that much easier to deal with. Can catch a lot of other Honed-up targets too, including -blade mages if they're that much a nuisance to you.

ChrisD

Holy fuck I just saw the Black Knight details, and the Elincia ones

holy fuck

RIght now she's pretty much launch Hector levels of strong.

Temptest trials usually happen once a once and last two weeks. THIs is the first month with two, the one ending today being a mini version with half the time frame and rewards.

o
cool i screwed up then
at least I have
two of the same
lucina? :')

Thanks for the quick answers.
I thought there were plenty of rewards in this, if it's a Mini, well that's pretty crazy to me. Though I am playing on Low Hards, rather than Lunatic. Maybe it's a lot shorter for those playing at that level.

Divvy

If you're looking to create a "Screw Reinhardt/Lyn" green mage, I'd advise Bowbreaker over Blue Tomebreaker. Reinhardt's notoriously slow, Lyn not so slow. As she has a decent Res stat too, the 56 Atk provided by Gronnraven+ and TA3 wouldn't be enough to kill her in one hit. Quick Riposte is another option, though I'm somewhat worried she'll trigger a special to kill you.

As a second recommendation, consider Panic Ploy for the C slot. Boey's tied for 2nd-highest HP of all mages, so he's bound to catch a lot with it. Catching a Honed-up Lyn or Reinhardt makes them that much easier to deal with. Can catch a lot of other Honed-up targets too, including -blade mages if they're that much a nuisance to you.

Hmmm bowbreaker 3 would be a lot cheaper than quick riposte 3, and panic ploy is a great idea, i hadn't even considered it, thanks!

o
cool i screwed up then
at least I have
two of the same
lucina? :')

Thanks for the quick answers.
I thought there were plenty of rewards in this, if it's a Mini, well that's pretty crazy to me. Though I am playing on Low Hards, rather than Lunatic. Maybe it's a lot shorter for those playing at that level.

Usually it goes up to 99,999 points in rewards. The first tempests were a real slog to get through, but the last two have been really nice. With the two bonus runs, you can pretty much just autobattle the third hardest one with a few good units everyday and get enough to max out the rewards

Top Bottom