• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theosmeo

I regret giving Fury to my Azura as her hp is lacking. Probably I will stop at Fury 2. Do you think I made a mistake?

No, her added bulk will help her check this out

An attack puts azura pre fury at 1 hp, post fury this leaves her at 4hp, then drops her HP to 1.

An attack puts azura pre fury at 0, -1, or -2 hp, post fury this leaves her at 3, 2, or 1, then drops her hap to 1

Better survivability overall, and that's not counting her avoiding getting doubled due to higher speed

Articalys

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/854591920466612224

To mark the JP release of Echoes, everyone gets 5 orbs.
Also there are special missions with the Whitewing trio (Palla, Catria, Est) as rewards.

They're stupidly easy if you just need the units:
3* Palla - kill one enemy
3* Catria - kill five enemies with Palla
3* Est - kill five enemies with Catria

Then of course there's the "kill level 20+" and "kill level 35+" for each for orbs as well.

ggx2ac

Now I'm at 15 defense wins. May as well bookmark the name of the 15th person here so it makes it easier to remember incase they change their leader: Aethe

It's just hard when it's a Japanese name that appears.

New quests because of Fire Emblem Echoes and special log in bonus.

macklelol

Screenshot_20170418-211446.png

I really struggled to get a perfect run last week, but it was super easy this week. The power of Cherche, I guess.

I'm also real glad to get a free Palla. Can't have enough Goad Fliers lol.

ggx2ac

I really struggled to get a perfect run last week, but it was super easy this week. The power of Cherche, I guess.

I'm also real glad to get a free Palla. Can't have enough Goad Fliers lol.

It's obviously hard when you don't have a ranged attacker.

Those people that spent hard cash getting Spring Camilla eleven times are pretty much set with a flying team that has a level 50 flying mage with Gronnblade.

Articalys

Would you say that it est time?

Est this it?

The Wild Wild Est?

The Est of Us?

Its them or est!

... look like I'm running out of ideas, you could even say the well est running dry!
It's a real Estival.

Without life and hometown ninjas, though.

macklelol

It's obviously hard when you don't have a ranged attacker.

Those people that spent hard cash getting Spring Camilla eleven times are pretty much set with a flying team that has a level 50 flying mage with Gronnblade.

I usually do just fine without a ranged unit. I even said this week was super easy lol.

Vena

Cherche is a major steamroller, so it's not too surprising. This week may get a lot of people realizing that as she's right up (probably above, in the end) with Minerva.

Dee Dee

While we're getting the white wing sisters, does anyone here know Latin and can explain what motto their names form? I was wondering if the letters are jumbled, so Catria / Palla is a reference to Patria / Calla?
Never had Latin myself though, not sure if it's referencing a well-known phrase.

I don't even want to bother with Arena after getting steamrolled on my last battle. I was perfect up to that point. I guess it's my fault for not checking the stats, but I just don't expect buffed Fury 3 units out of the blue.

I used up some swords, and I had my streak broken again. Kagero is a real problem for me, and she started showing throughout these new attempts. I hate her and Klein. Dancers are still screwing me.

I have 70K feathers, so I'll manage getting 3K a week from here on out.

Theosmeo

Woooo lukas, first 5 star in a month. I might just chew him up for fortress def but I'll use him all arena season. Navarre was a huge bust :/

Ninferno

Prepare your Cordelias.

Or even better, Reinhardts.

I fully expect this GHB to be a cakewalk for both of my accounts. The TA3 Nowi on my main and Reinhardts on my alt are definitely going to do some work here:) Also, it looks like a dancer will be quite beneficial as well so I'm certainly bringing in Olivia. Besides Zephiel having a whopping 78 HP, the knights also have 67 each. Even the mages have 45 which is quite high for mage standard. I suspect IS is going to put WoMs on those knights to leverage their high HP and difficulty to ORKO. I hope Olivia is going to help me avoid WoM shenanigans.

Roman

Or even better, Reinhardts.

I fully expect this GHB to be a cakewalk for both of my accounts. The TA3 Nowi on my main and Reinhardts on my alt are definitely going to do some work here:) Also, it looks like a dancer will be quite beneficial as well so I'm certainly bringing in Olivia. Besides Zephiel having a whopping 78 HP, the knights also have 67 each. Even the mages have 45 which is quite high for mage standard. I suspect IS is going to put WoMs on those knights to leverage their high HP and difficulty to ORKO. I hope Olivia is going to help me avoid WoM shenanigans.

I have both a +Atk Reinhardt and Nowi so this could be pretty easy, but I don't want to quite jinx it with premature overconfidence.

Roman

At this point I fully expect it to be the units on their screenshot - Roy, Lilina, Shanna and Clarine. I had already figured the former two would be a given.

Mupod

You know who would be a cool focus for his banner? Hector.

would be funny if that's the reason they encrypted this one so nobody could datamine it.

At this point I fully expect it to be the units on their screenshot - Roy, Lilina, Shanna and Clarine. I had already figured the former two would be a given.

they are all FE6 characters right? They haven't been totally thematic with any other 'battling X' banners, so while possible I don't expect them to change.

Although it'd mean Ryoma is even more likely for Xander's so that'd be nice.

Zephiel is going to have terrible stats isn't he? That high of HP has to come at the cost of something else. Guess he will be good wary fighter and life and death food.

StAidan

And here I thought I was doing good throwing a lv40 flier team together for the flier quests (Catria, Palla, Camilla, Spring Camilla), now I find out I have to level my Est, too. The things I do for these orbs...

I'm debating what skills to give my Ninian? In the A slot I'm thinking about either Triangle Adept to help protect her from Falchion users, or Fury to make her harder to kill and hit harder in the rare case I use her to attack.

In B maybe replace Escape Route with Wings of Mercy? I rarely get to use Escape Route since she is almost never in the front lines. WoM would allow her to get my other guys out of trouble if they are low on health.

In the C slot i already gave her Fortify Def 3 (and Luna as a special)

How have you guys built your Nininans?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Pretty happy to see the game give out three peg riders that way. I already have them (I'm guessing +atk -def is better than full neutral), but it's nice to get. Also happy to hear that another GHB is coming.

I usually see Ninians with either Swordbreaker or Wings of Mercy. I don't think I've seen TA on one. I'm not sure about using Fury on her though, because it's such a useful skill that you might want to put it on someone who sees combat more often instead.

I ran into an interesting team this morning that had a Ninian with her weapon removed so that she couldn't be baited. She was backing up a Takumi + merged Bunncina team, and was kind of hard to work around because of that two breakable walls map.

Mupod

in the timeline where I got a Ninian instead of 20 Subakis I was gonna just gonna give her Fury and possibly Wings of Mercy depending on how useful Escape Route ended up. I don't mind farming SP on a unit like Linde or Hector but it's a pain in the ass on a dancer.

Zephiel's map looks like it'll be real easy for a strong blue mage, unless that green armor guy is running Distant Counter or something. Even then, it's not hard to work around an armor unit. The harder GHBs had fliers, cavalry, annoying ass ninjas etc.

Akuun

Maybe this Zephiel map will be harder than it looks. I bet some of those supporting units are stupidly strong and are the real bosses of the map

Gotchaye

I don't really like how heavily Arena is biased towards 5*s now. Last week I had to use a 4* Michaelis and ended a little over rank 10k. This week I can use my 5* Sharena and I'm rank 284. Placement seems much more dependent on whether you pulled a 5* from the current banner (or just happen to have one of the bonus heroes). I suppose it's mostly fine if they're going to keep one of the 3 starter heroes in each season, though then I've got to work on Alphonse.

explodet

Maybe this Zephiel map will be harder than it looks. I bet some of those supporting units are stupidly strong and are the real bosses of the map
It's always been the posse that's the real threat.

Ursula's map had that Axe Knight with Wings of Mercy, Navarre's map had that hammer wielding mofo, and I'll admit to losing more than once to that heavy spear dude in Michalis's map.

Akuun

I don't really like how heavily Arena is biased towards 5*s now. Last week I had to use a 4* Michaelis and ended a little over rank 10k. This week I can use my 5* Sharena and I'm rank 284. Placement seems much more dependent on whether you pulled a 5* from the current banner (or just happen to have one of the bonus heroes). I suppose it's mostly fine if they're going to keep one of the 3 starter heroes in each season, though then I've got to work on Alphonse.
I think those ranks will even out over the rest of the week as people get their runs in. I'm under 10k right now with a non-perfect run, and I'm sure I'll fall a bunch of ranks later. It's true that having a usable 5* bonus character helps arena runs a lot though. Having that crappy 4* bonus character really weighs you down.

Like you said, I guess it encourages people to promote the starter heroes and pull a 5* from each banner.

I think those ranks will even out over the rest of the week as people get their runs in. I'm under 10k right now with a non-perfect run, and I'm sure I'll fall a bunch of ranks later. It's true that having a usable 5* bonus character helps arena runs a lot though. Having that crappy 4* bonus character really weighs you down.

Like you said, I guess it encourages people to promote the starter heroes and pull a 5* from each banner.

It depends on the character. Last week I tried out using lv40 Buncina in a last minute run. Turns out 4* Michalis gave exactly as many points as her anyways.

Akuun

Oh, good to know that they give the same bonus points. But I imagine a 5* Bunncina is way more useful in a fight than 4* Michaelis. My 4* bonus characters are always barely better than dead weight because they're so much weaker than a 5* character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom