• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The new arena matching makes me pay REALLY harshly for fusing my 2 Takumis. Like, I have him, a solid 4* Raven, a level 35 4* Olivia and a 5* Sharena with whatever Sophia's special is called tacked on (at level 30!!) and the game pits me against monstrosities like Vantage Hector.
Holy cow.
I doubt I can get a full winstreak at this point.

I would think twice before doubling up on ANY unit. I think it's pretty important to have as wide a variety of skills on your team as possible to combat all possible opponents.

So yea -def Lukas is totally ok. he survived kagero and Chrom on a single turn. In another match he survived Hinoka, ryoma, and an attack from Azura, all with about half his health left still.

Sushen

It sounds like here and looks like in arena that everyone has Nino,Linde, Julia, and Takumi but me. Any one of those will complete my team.

Lucina used to be the main in my team but she's not that great any more. I wonder if I can reform her to counter those mages.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't know, I was really excited to get Linde. But she's just squishy, and already having a squishy Nino and Olivia I found her not as viable. She's the first one back in if I don't have to run an Arena bonus character, but if I want to preserve my colorless advantage I can't find a place for her on my team without removing Nino or Olivia/Roy/Eirika. I can't wait for one day the bonus characters to align with my dream team.
I think it's because our teams are polar opposites in style. My team is Ryoma + Nowi + MRobin, so I'm full of tanky characters who can bait and counter. What I want is a glass cannon-style ranged unit so that I can initiate strong attacks and get kills if I find a unit out of position. Robin is good for getting ranged kills on units he's strong against (which admittedly is a lot of units), but he still doesn't have the firepower that Linde has. I feel like Linde would be able to nuke the tougher characters better than MRobin. If she got a Blade tome, she would probably become capable of nuking most characters in the game, though I'd need to insert a buffing character to support her.

Unless I'm wrong about Linde and she's not as good at nuking people as I think she is. I could be falling for a grass-is-greener sort of thing.

Since the rest of your team is squishy, it makes more sense to have MRobin over Linde since Robin is a good (but situational) tank. But I think Linde could give my team a good bit more punch than it has right now.

revih4w.jpg
didnt think id get 4700 with a shitty lv38 4star cherche lol.

Hm, given my 10th Stratum performance, I've been debating giving Triangle Adept / gem weapons to an entire team until they give me 2000 feathers per unit, then sacking them all to another team until they give me 2000 feathers. They could have some of the worst stats and next to zero synergy with each other yet still come out on top if they play all their matchups correctly.

At the very least, it looks promising. 2 units in my arena / feather-farming team are TA'd up and do their jobs damn well. All four of them happen to be cavaliers armed with Hone/Fortify Cavalry, but I don't think +6 boosts can compare to what TA offers in correct matchups.

I am about to rotate Robin back into the mix because I am seeing a lot more archers now. I think as people backed off Robin more people have included archers. Running into at least one every other match.

Edit: Flier Emblem can go kick rocks. Everyone I have run into has multiple merged units and the best skills and weapons.

One of these days, I'll see that comp in action. Maybe two 4-stars are hurting my chances...

lt519

I think it's because our teams are polar opposites in style. My team is Ryoma + Nowi + MRobin, so I'm full of tanky characters who can bait and counter. What I want is a glass cannon-style ranged unit so that I can initiate strong attacks and get kills if I find a unit out of position. Robin is good for getting ranged kills on units he's strong against (which admittedly is a lot of units), but he still doesn't have the firepower that Linde has. I feel like Linde would be able to nuke the tougher characters better than MRobin. If she got a Blade tome, she would probably become capable of nuking most characters in the game, though I'd need to insert a buffing character to support her.

Unless I'm wrong about Linde and she's not as good at nuking people as I think she is. I could be falling for a grass-is-greener sort of thing.

Since the rest of your team is squishy, it makes more sense to have MRobin over Linde since Robin is a good (but situational) tank. But I think Linde could give my team a good bit more punch than it has right now.

No, Linde is definitely better than Robin if you have the appropriate supporting cast to deal with archers and Kagero. From my use with her, she's the hardest hitter in the game. My first 5* was Robin so I've kind of just built up my teams around him and my play style. I could try out Nowi/Linde/Roy or Eirika/Cecilia and see how it goes in the arena, get Roy in there instead of Olivia to be a bit more tanky (I still haven't equpped TA on him). I think I'll struggle against blues, but maybe Linde hits hard enough to wipe them out. It's just a matter of rethinking how I play.

I'm at 4724 and it's 2715 rank. Likely to land in the big 10k-30k group by the end. 4666 got me like 27k last week.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
No, Linde is definitely better than Robin if you have the appropriate supporting cast to deal with archers and Kagero. From my use with her, she's the hardest hitter in the game. My first 5* was Robin so I've kind of just built up my teams around him and my play style. I could try out Nowi/Linde/Roy or Eirika/Cecilia and see how it goes in the arena, get Roy in there instead of Olivia to be a bit more tanky (I still haven't equpped TA on him). I think I'll struggle against blues, but maybe Linde hits hard enough to wipe them out. It's just a matter of rethinking how I play.

I'm at 4724 and it's 2715 rank. Likely to land in the big 10k-30k group by the end. 4666 got me like 27k last week.
Ah, okay. I kinda know what you mean about Robin because my Robin was my first 5* promotion, and my first good ranged unit. He's been part of my team ever since.

Nowi is really a great tank/bait unit, especially with Quick Riposte because she kills most non-greens if she counterattacks with a double hit. I think if I swap out Robin, Nowi becomes my new go-to counter to archers and Kagero.

Dee Dee

I would think twice before doubling up on ANY unit. I think it's pretty important to have as wide a variety of skills on your team as possible to combat all possible opponents.

He was the first 5* I got from rerolling my account over and over and lol, I got 2 in one pull!! I started the game the day it came out, I didn't even know IVs where a thing back then or that having two Takumis on a team could end up a viable arena strategy, so I fused him without thinking much of it.

*sigh*

At least I have nearly 30 extra arena tokens saved up, so I'll get that winstreak eventually.

Sushen

There will never be PvP because of the nature of the game, but I think even AvA could be interesting where it's setup like the current Arena defense and it's AI vs AI.

Then it becomes a matter of best figuring out the AI behaviors to the fullest.

I also agree with the earlier posting of wanting replay feature. I used to play Clash Royale and I liked Clash TV feature.

Sushen

What Glimmer is granting? You give 50% extra damage or you heal 50% of damage you gave? The description is kinda lacking.

Grants 50% to damage dealt

Firemind

Man leveling up these 4* chaff to 40 just to score higher in the arena. Don't know how long I can continue doing this. So boring...

What Glimmer is granting? You give 50% extra damage or you heal 50% of damage you gave? The description is kinda lacking.

Grants 50% to damage dealt

If you are going to be delivering 30 damage normally, Glimmer adds 50% of that to the total.

30+15 from Glimmer=45 dmg

Of course it can break badly for you, as you can imagine, if your normal dmg amount is low. I think it works great on Blade Tome users as they are generally guaranteed to hit near 30 dmg on most enemies.

Sushen

If you are going to be delivering 30 damage normally, Glimmer adds 50% of that to the total.

Of course it can break badly for you, as you can imagine, if your normal dmg amount is low. I think it works great on Blade Tome users as they are generally guaranteed to hit near 30 dmg on most enemies.
Thanks. Hmm. I'm shopping for a special for Azura which has Fury 3 and WoM 3. I'm torned among moonbow, glimmer or noontime for a bit of hp recovery.

Alucrid

Banned
Man leveling up these 4* chaff to 40 just to score higher in the arena. Don't know how long I can continue doing this. So boring...

yeah i went through the flier emblem quests pretty fast. didn't one of the other quest categories give us hard/lunatic categories to stretch it out or am i remembering wrong?

Yeah but Glimmer works best when you're already overkilling the target anyway....as opposed to Moonbow which becomes more effective on the tougher targets or Draconic Aura/Bonfire/Iceberg which has a constant boost.

Theosmeo

Now I'm at 12 defense wins.

There is at least one dancer and one mage.

The key to defense wins is having someone with 1-2 counter range, a mage that can 1rko people, a dancer, or secret BS wings of mercy. at least 2 of these and you get all the def wins you need

Mupod

Seriously? +5 and higher team of Julia, Nino, Reinhardt and Eirika? How the fuck is this fair, I might as well have not promoted Sharena if it's going to make my opponents impossible.

Seriously? +5 and higher team of Julia, Nino, Reinhardt and Eirika? How the fuck is this fair, I might as well have not promoted Sharena if it's going to make my opponents impossible.

What is your average points bracket? I am scared to get to that problem. I prefer to be comfortably in top 10-30k than struggle like crazy for the same rank in the end or 5k-10k for 500-1000 more feathers.

On another note, do we have any idea of about when is the next Grand Hero Battle?

Mupod

What is your average points bracket? I am scared to get to that problem. I prefer to be comfortably in top 10-30k than struggle like crazy for the same rank in the end or 5k-10k for 500-1000 more feathers.

On another note, do we have any idea of about when is the next Grand Hero Battle?

I've been getting 688 for wins so around there I guess. No merged units, hector/sharena/lucina/linde with some SI.

If I wanted easy wins I'd run olivia/nino/linde/sharena. I might still do that...

I've been getting 688 for wins so around there I guess. No merged units, hector/sharena/lucina/linde with some SI.

If I wanted easy wins I'd run olivia/nino/linde/sharena. I might still do that...

I am close to that at 678 to 684 for a win and I already seen some uneven bullshit at 684...

Sushen

This worries me and would make me stop improving my team. I'm at 688 max range with around 4700+ high scores. If I get up matched like that for adding a few more skills to my units there is no reason to do it.

IS should rather create different leagues for different unit levels. We all work towards improving our teams and if the outcome doesn't reflect, there is no point to it.

lt519

A perfect run in the 670-680 range will get you 10k-30k guaranteed (hit 6724 for 674 average this week). I eked out top 30k last week with a 672-682 range and one death. 4666 last week was about 27k.

I've been going with my B team to get the 30k guaranteed on the first day with some crests then using my less synergized but more powerful characters to try and get a perfect run in the 680s without much luck.

Now I'm at 12 defense wins

Still no wins with your suggestion, 4* Subaki leading with 5* Nino/Linde/Olivia.

I've been going with my B team to get the 30k guaranteed on the first day with some crests then using my less synergized but more powerful characters to try and get a perfect run in the 680s without much luck.

That's my strategy! Got my 4754 for the week. Trying for more now but I still don't have a team that synergize super well for constant win in mid to high 680s but I could get there with some luck.

For defense I used to get 3 wins a day on average last season and nothing so far, I don't like this!

Still no wins with your suggestion, 4* Subaki leading with 5* Nino/Linde/Olivia.

I actually started running a flyer team in my first slot, and that seems to catch people. It works extremely weel when the bridge map is in rotation. Since you only ever need 1 win, gimmic teams may be a good place to try. People are getting much better at handling range, or winning out of spite for certain teams (guilty as charged).

champloo

Don't want to be a dick but isn't that to be expected when you pick advanced? It's supposed to be challenging after all. I mean you likely won't have a problem against a team of +5 melee units, this dude just put together a difficult group for you to handle, indicating you have a weakness to multiple mages.. although that team is probably a headache to handle for most people.

This trend of stacking range units on defense team is only getting more popular isn't it.

Don't want to be a dick but isn't that to be expected when you pick advanced? It's supposed to be challenging after all. I mean you likely won't have a problem against a team of +5 melee units, this dude just put together a difficult group for you to handle, indicating you have a weakness to multiple mages.. although that team is probably a headache to handle for most people.

This trend of stacking range units on defense team is only getting more popular isn't it.

The thing is that there is a fine line somewhere (that I did not figure out yet) where a slight upgrade to your team makes you go from fighting acceptable Advanced team to fighting teams with +5 and perfect SI. There is no middle ground, no normal progression in difficulty. Goes from ok to BAM, making you feel that the new system is flawed for some users stuck in a bracket where they don't have a team to answer the strong teams also put in that bracket.

Xetherion

Advanced sometimes matches me vs full merged teams even though i have no merged units, but most of the time it's a pretty fair match up with maybe one merged enemy unit, if that.

Ninferno

I trained both Anna and Alfonse to 2* lv35+ and then 3* lv40 in anticipation of them being regular arena bonus chars. I'm officially crazy now; please send help.

Vena

All these talks about MRobin making his way back into rotation for people's teams, and he's just never left mine.

:p

champloo

The thing is that there is a fine line somewhere (that I did not figure out yet) where a slight upgrade to your team makes you go from fighting acceptable Advanced team to fighting teams with +5 and perfect SI. There is no middle ground, no normal progression in difficulty. Goes from ok to BAM, making you feel that the new system is flawed for some users stuck in a bracket where they don't have a team to answer the strong teams also put in that bracket.

In that case there probably is some weird thing going on in the matchmaking algorithm, like weighing SI too highly or something. maybe unequip some skill could change things a bit.

My point was, a +5 Julia is generally much harder to deal with than a +5 Fae, and they likely have similar weight in matchmaking. This also affects why arena battles feel inconsistent.

Two battles away from a perfect streak. It looks like I'll be between 4740 and 4750.

Kind of hesitant to 5* my Sharena, even though she is a great unit. I just find it hard to part with feathers. I also don't want to grind right now.

All I've done is give her Moonbow, but it looks like this week will be successful. These dancers are rough, and I constantly fear for a loss whenever I meet them.

In that case there probably is some weird thing going on in the matchmaking algorithm, like weighing SI too highly or something. maybe unequip some skill could change things a bit.

My point was, a +5 Julia is generally much harder to deal with than a +5 Fae, and they likely have similar weight in matchmaking. This also affects why arena battles feel inconsistent.

Yea can't disagree with that!

On another subject, I just can't pull a Lon'qu, even at 3*... At least I got another Henry for Ignis, a Fir for SPD+3 or Glacies and Olivia #23353526... Told myself I was just going to do 3 pulls and I did, more for SI but would have not minded Alm. Oh well, maybe a Lon'qu on the next banner!

Teiran

Sharena users, did you guys use crystals to level her up at 3* or max leveled 3 times to 5* max?

Don't know about anyone else, but I maxed her at every rarity from 3* onwards. I'm pretty sure she had more than 2k SP when she capped at 5*.

I'm happy to get to run her alongside Eirika/Nino/Azura for the next couple of weeks.

Spoit

So I'm building a cherche for this arena set. Should I nom this extra 5* raven (-atk), or use him to +1, and eat camilla instead, since she has the same role (though it's probably better to use her for Death blow 3 on someone instead)

Also, I have 3 cherches, should I build the neutral, +spd/-def, or +def/-res one?

Sushen

I regret giving Fury to my Azura as her hp is lacking. Probably I will stop at Fury 2. Do you think I made a mistake?

Tripon

Decided to try to roll for Alm because I wanted at least one character that could fight dragons. Got Leo instead. I swear, this game loves to give me 5 star red characters.

Sharena users, did you guys use crystals to level her up at 3* or max leveled 3 times to 5* max?

I tried to do the latter for 3* and 4* since I had just used crystals for 2* before anyone ever thought we'd need to grind so much sp, but the 30-40 stretch was feeling too fucking long so I just upgraded her in the 30s both times =___=

At the very least the sp gained was enough so that every single sp she gains as a 5* can be used for skill inheritance exclusively. Now I just need to figure what exactly to inherit to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom