• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've got two ideas for the next week

Azura Nino Ephraim Zephiel
Soren Lyn Ephraim Reinhardt

Which one sounds better? Does Nino at 5* much better than at 4*? I can promote her except then I'll be out of feathers.

In above cases, Zephiel will be 4*.
Azura Nino Ephraim Zephiel might be the better team. I imagine Zephiel can take Julia, and I suppose you could zone Reinhardt and kill with Nino. Your main problem would be greens, which is probably rare unless you run into Flier Emblem teams with Bunnila or double axe users.

The second team is probably weaker because I don't think -sweep skills on units like Soren would be good without a dancer to follow up on that free hit. But then I've never used a unit with sweep skills, so I don't know.

Sushen

Azura Nino Ephraim Zephiel might be the better team. I imagine Zephiel can take Julia, and I suppose you could zone Reinhardt and kill with Nino. Your main problem would be greens, which is probably rare unless you run into Flier Emblem teams with Bunnila or double axe users.

The second team is probably weaker because I don't think -sweep skills on units like Soren would be good without a dancer to follow up on that free hit. But then I've never used a unit with sweep skills, so I don't know.
Would the second team be better if I switch out Ephraim for Azura? If then, I'll be trading hone speed which my -spd Soren can use for another turn.

For Nino, Life&Death vs Fury and Moonbow vs Draconic aura. Opinions?

Although I didn't get Ike, I've got a lot to build on.

Akuun

Would the second team be better if I switch out Ephraim for Azura? If then, I'll be trading hone speed which my -spd Soren can use for another turn.

For Nino, Life&Death vs Fury and Moonbow vs Draconic aura. Opinions?

Although I didn't get Ike, I've got a lot to build on.
Azura might be better than Ephriam, especially since you have Reinhardt. With Azura's help, you can nuke two people in one turn, or nuke someone and go back to safety.

The main problem I see with that team is that you don't have anyone too tanky. So if you were on a cramped map where you have to let someone come to you, you might have trouble.

Ephriam is okay as a physical tank, but his low speed means he gets doubled a lot. He gets wrecked by magic, but that shouldn't be a problem for you because you have a lot of mages.

Maybe keep Ephriam, but put Reposition/Drag Back on him instead?

Weebos

Banned
All right, I've got my Titania build idea locked down. This is for a regular team:

Titania (+ATK, -HP)
Emerald Axe+
Reposition
Iceberg
Fury 3
G Tomebreaker 3
Threaten Speed 3

She's an antimage made to protect my Reinhardt. Not sure on the C skill, but Threaten Speed seems useful if she can stay in range of some opponents.

My team would be Ephraim, Lucina, Reinhardt, and Titania.

Mupod

All right, I've got my Titania build idea locked down. This is for a regular team:

Titania (+ATK, -HP)
Emerald Axe+
Reposition
Iceberg
Fury 3
G Tomebreaker 3
Threaten Speed 3

She's an antimage made to protect my Reinhardt. Not sure on the C skill, but Threaten Speed seems useful if she can stay in range of some opponents.

My team would be Ephraim, Lucina, Reinhardt, and Titania.

Wouldn't Hone Cavalry be ridiculously good with Reinhardt running around? I'm guessing you're using Ephraim as your buffer, but with Dire thunder every little bit of attack is huge.

HoodWinked

spent almost all my 120 orbs on the banner only got one 5* which was Eirika (+spd, -def) which apparently is one of the best IVs for her.

really wanted an Ike or Ryoma though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
spent almost all my 120 orbs on the banner only got one 5* which was Eirika (+spd, -def) which apparently is one of the best IVs for her.

really wanted an Ike or Ryoma though.

Ike and Ryoma are great, for sure, but Eirika isn't far off. She's less of a killer than the other two but provides more utility to the team. She's my most used red unit by far.

Ike and Ryoma are great, for sure, but Eirika isn't far off. She's less of a killer than the other two but provides more utility to the team. She's my most used red unit by far.

Ditto. I've even been using a -atk Eirika and she gets by just fine. Her Defense and Resistsnce are under appreciated. I took the Spring Chrom idea of Fury 3+Renewal 3+reciprocal aid and applied it to her and she has a crazy amount of options in the field now.

Pulled a -hp/+def at 4* that I am going to merge eventually to make her even better.

Weebos

Banned
Wouldn't Hone Cavalry be ridiculously good with Reinhardt running around? I'm guessing you're using Ephraim as your buffer, but with Dire thunder every little bit of attack is huge.

Hm, yeah you're probably right. I was thinking something else because I wasn't full Horse Emblem, but Hone for Reinhardt seems very good.

Akuun

Eirika is kind of like a dancer in that her main benefit is support, but can also be surprisingly dangerous against certain units with skills SIed on her.

She's actually pretty tanky thanks to high speed and defensive stats. That means she can be harder to take down than expected, which leads to doom if you really needed her to die on a certain turn and she ends up surviving to fight you or buff someone else.

Whizkid7

Man, I really wish I'd gotten a spare Bunnycina. Eirika would love Swift Sparrow. Mine's usually paired with Bunnymilla but she can get some solid hits in herself; I don't think many people expect a more offensively oriented Eirika.

evangd007

Scrounged up 20 orbs with the lunatic quests to do one last pull for Ike before considering the unthinkable: buying orbs.

Got him on a 1 red board. +hp/-atk, but I got him.

Since this banner will be up for a while longer, I may still use whatever orbs I get on it looking for Titania. Her art is fantastic, her stat spread is unique, and I don't have a 5* axe.

kswiston

Scrounged up 20 orbs with the lunatic quests to do one last pull for Ike before considering the unthinkable: buying orbs.

Got him on a 1 red board. +hp/-atk, but I got him.

Since this banner will be up for a while longer, I may still use whatever orbs I get on it looking for Titania. Her art is fantastic, her stat spread is unique, and I don't have a 5* axe.

I like Soren and Titania, but I already spent money on the 23 orb pack this time around, so I am happy with Ike. I need to just sit out the next few banners and save up. Hopefully the Radiant Dawn banner is some time off, because that would be the other one that would tempt me. I can probably hold off on the FE Gaiden pt 2 banner which I assume will follow the PoR one we currently have. Often I pull to have someone to use in the Arena, but I am good for the next two weeks, and can just use Anna in the arena rotations that follow that. I assume that IS will continue to include one default character every week.

What would you guys recommend I focus on for my Offense/Defense teams? Here is what I currently have available in the 5* department. I only have 7.5k feathers, so I won't be doing any promotions for at least a few weeks.

GsxqJELl.png

EDIT: The current team listed is just my default character leveling team. I got Ike from 1-16 in four fights.

Skii

ephraim is the odd man out here I feel...what do you have for blues with magic damage?

Really? I thought he was a good unit and might have synergy with Eirika rip

Urm I have Corrin F, like 20 Robin M and Ursula. Nothing special.

Syntsui

I decided to use half of my orbs, which is about 60. Got Titania, Soren and Lilina as 5*. Also got my first Nino, pretty decent I guess, considering how bad the banner is I'll just keep hoarding until Bikini Waifus banner.

Edit: The Nino is +SPD HOLY SHIT YEAH.

Farming SP on quick riposte Ike and blarblade Linde before I finally tackle this week's arena. They murder everything so hard that I burned through 99 SP twice during my half hour lunch and had lots of time to finish said lunch. I don't mind SP farming on them, but it's still time consuming.

Never thought about quick repost for Ike holy shit

too bad the only one that got at level 3 are 5 stars

what about C skills ?

I don't think Ike is S+, just S

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Inheritance_Tier_List

how can he be in ryoma's tier if everyone agrees hes slightly worse ryoma

I don't think he is a slighty worse Ryoma's. Yes, speed is extremely important in Fire Emblem but Ike has some tools that Ryoma's wish he had, like a better physical bulk and the ability the double every fast sword user (and there's a lot, like Karel, Eirika and Ryoma's itself). He is also the only character in the whole game to make good use of aether which can boost his survivability a lot.

I like Soren and Titania, but I already spent money on the 23 orb pack this time around, so I am happy with Ike. I need to just sit out the next few banners and save up. Hopefully the Radiant Dawn banner is some time off, because that would be the other one that would tempt me. I can probably hold off on the FE Gaiden pt 2 banner which I assume will follow the PoR one we currently have. Often I pull to have someone to use in the Arena, but I am good for the next two weeks, and can just use Anna in the arena rotations that follow that. I assume that IS will continue to include one default character every week.

What would you guys recommend I focus on for my Offense/Defense teams? Here is what I currently have available in the 5* department. I only have 7.5k feathers, so I won't be doing any promotions for at least a few weeks.

GsxqJELl.png

EDIT: The current team listed is just my default character leveling team. I got Ike from 1-16 in four fights.

Ike and Nowi on offense is the dream. It's part of the reason I am pursuing him so hard. Pair them with Azura and either Kagero or Nino, and you should be set.

Defense could be similar except I would go Azura, Kagero, Reinhardt, Ike.

Theosmeo

I don't think he is a slighty worse Ryoma's. Yes, speed is extremely important in Fire Emblem but Ike has some tools that Ryoma's wish he had, like a better physical bulk and the ability the double every fast sword user (and there's a lot, like Karel, Eirika and Ryoma's itself). He is also the only character in the whole game to make good use of aether which can boost his survivability a lot.

But being vulnerable to doubling has a huge effect on survivability, and anyone can get heavy blade to make aether work, also a fast character with noontime and heavy blade will heal upon doubling.

First, I wouldn't put too much stock into those rankings. Second, he can be "worse" than Ryoma but still better than the rest.

Oh I don't take these lists too seriously, and I agree hes definitely a good combat unit but I don't think hes on Ryoma/Hector/Nowi level, I see him fitting in well with Lucina, Eldigan, and the mages though

You act like other swords can't just run Swordbreaker themselves, also newsflash: Heavy Blade costs an A slot, which means you will be activating it a lot less than you'd like.

edit: just for fun, neutral Ryoma/Lucina with Fury ORKO neutral Ike with Heavy Blade, assuming either Ike isn't running Swordbreaker or those two are

Vena

Ike's a discount and worse Ryoma, none of the things you listed are actually somehow unique to Ike and the fear of doubling greatly cripples any bulk he may have had over Ryoma who, on most days and in most encounters, is in no trouble of being doubled and can double most of the cast himself.

Ike is neither overwhelmingly strong (out-classed by a slew of other reds), nor fast, nor physically defensive, nor does he even have a non-comical resistance. He has, effectively, nothing but mediocrity to his entire stat spread and is only salvaged to usability by Ragnell.

If you want a bulky red, use Roy.
If you want a fast, bulky but weak, and buff-botting red (with low attack), use Erika.
If you want a ranged red, use Ryoma or give Lucina/Marth/Lyn Distant Counter.
If you want a glass cannon red, use Lucina or Marth or Lyn.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ike's a discount and worse Ryoma, none of the things you listed are actually somehow unique to Ike and the fear of doubling greatly cripples any bulk he may have had over Ryoma who, on most days and in most encounters, is in no trouble of being doubled and can double most of the cast himself.

Ike is neither overwhelmingly strong (out-classed by a slew of other reds), nor fast, nor physically defensive, nor does he even have a non-comical resistance. He has, effectively, nothing but mediocrity to his entire stat spread and is only salvaged to usability by Ragnell.

If you want a bulky red, use Roy.
If you want a fast, bulky but weak, and buff-botting red (with low attack), use Erika.
If you want a ranged red, use Ryoma or give Lucina/Marth/Lyn Distant Counter.
If you want a glass cannon red, use Lucina or Marth or Lyn.

That’s vastly oversimplifying the analysis though. You have to crunch the numbers and look at the matchups, as in, how many would a particular unit win versus the other. Yes, you can get a red unit that has more def/res/HP than Ike, but how many extra matchups would Roy win? Would he just get killed on the next attack because he isn’t as strong on offense? Would he just get range attacked to death? Does a super bulky red make sense in the meta? What would he counter?

Time will tell how Ike fits into the meta and what his ranking would be. But just because you can make a more extreme type of character (e.g., someone with more attack, someone with more defense, someone with more res) doesn’t mean that that other character is better or would win more matches or makes more sense in the meta.

MANUELF

Banned
Already did two of the story missions, 10-1 and 10-5 and got my orbs but I cant seem to think of a good team for the other ones

Theosmeo

Heavy blade might work on cherche with Brave Axe+ and moonbow, she'll proc it all the time, but will it out damage death blow...

macklelol

Heavy blade might work on cherche with Brave Axe+ and moonbow, she'll proc it all the time, but will it out damage death blow...

Moonbow out damages Death Blow against enemies with 44+ Def lol. Death Blow is still the superior choice.

Heavy Blade is not really a good skill. Most units either can't make use of the skill at all or have better things to do with their A slot.

Mupod

I just had a Reinhardt do 25x2 damage to Hector. Mine's -HP so he only has 52 with the +3 seal. Scared the shit out of me, I've never seen one hit that hard.

With Quick Riposte and Aether, Heavy Blade is great.

I don't have Aether yet, but I'm really liking it with Luna. It goes off after any exchange where Ike gets hit and attacks twice, and mine has quick riposte as well. It's been helpful for taking out strangely tanky merged bunny camillas...of which I saw 3 tonight.

Funny thing is I got screwed over by Ike because I made a tiny math error. He tanked one of those bunny camillas to initiate, dealt with her, and I thought he was safe because he had a bit of HP. But an Eirika got danced from the other end of the map and just barely doubled him to death. Would've been a flawless run otherwise. Oh well, I want more practice and I've got lots of crests.

I've got threaten spd on Linde and hone spd on Hector, but a lot of the maps I see this week are very difficult to get my team in formation. This lava map can go to hell and stay there.

Anyways, since this banner is lasting a long ass time I'll have more chances to roll and maybe get a +spd Ike. Or maybe something even better on Xander's banner.

Syntsui

It's not fun to tell people how they should have fun though.

It makes no sense to make a carbon copy build for Ike if he has a better character with those.

Ninferno

Heavy Blade's only problem is that it is an A skill. Had it been a B skill it would have broken the game; fast and Fury Blade Tome users are going to love it.

As someone who always appreciate variety more than sheer force, I solute IS for opting for interesting skills than outright OP skills, and not breaking this rule even for the most popular characters.

champloo

Sure for piling on more damage Heavy Blade is not as good as Death Blow/Fury, but there are specials not focused on damage dealing, like Galeforce/Noontime/Pavise etc, which may be better choices.

For example, Eldigan could use Heavy Blade to activate Galeforce in one turn, or to proc Pavise constantly. with his 16 mt killer weapon, he easily reaches very high atk under some buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom