• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

yeah, swordbreaker only works for Nowi because she's a tank and blue. It's also extra effective because red swords generally have low resist allowing Nowi to kill them on the counter. I easily one shot Tiki with a neutral attack Lucina.

linkent

Need some advice guys.
Currently running
Acc1. Eldigan, Hector, Julia, Ninian
Acc2. Ryoma, Klein, Ephraim, Eirika.

Any suggestion on which common 3/4 Stars to feather for these team?
Sharena Acc2? Kagero Acc1?

Also the most confusing Skill Inheritance.
Who should i focus first and what skill should i give them?
Everything was alright, but now i suddenly faced many opponent with SI which make me think that i need to do those to my units too.

Edit: Acc2 just pulled Ninian+Seliph >.<

Ninferno

Effie is most effective with Brave Lance+. If you can get that onto her she's worth building around. However it sounds like you're pretty heavily invested in Nino.

A possible yet unconventional solution: It sounds like you've already given Marth the necessary buffing skills. What you could do is promote Eirika to 5* and then transfer Sieglinde to Marth. If he already has Hone and Rally buffs, Sieglinde will give him every advantage with Nino that Eirika has.

I have multiple 4 stars with Brave Lances. I can certainly promote them to get Brave Lance+ if I want. But even if I do, I will wait for the April update when BST supposedly becomes significantly less important. Right now when BST is still a thing, putting on Brave Lances kinda defeat the purpose of me replacing Nino with Effie.

I broke 4500 last season; if I replace Nino with Effie now, I might be able to break 4600, that temptation is strong. But it is going to be hell to get perfect streaks if I bench my only ranged attack. Worse still, I don't have Cherche to give Effie Pivot (I have Marth and Eirika but of course I will never sacrifice them for a mere Pivot...), and I also don't have a capable dancer. This is undoubtedly going to be tough.

BTW, yeah, like the other has said, legendary weapons are not inheritable. Interesting thought though.

I have multiple 4 stars with Brave Lances. I can certainly promote them to get Brave Lance+ if I want. But even if I do, I will wait for the April update when BST supposedly becomes significantly less important. Right now when BST is still a thing, putting on Brave Lances kinda defeat the purpose of me replacing Nino with Effie.

I broke 4500 last season; if I replace Nino with Effie now, I might be able to break 4600, that temptation is strong. But it is going to be hell to get perfect streaks if I bench my only ranged attack...

BTW, yeah, like the other has said, legendary weapons are not inheritable.

Go for it man. I was able to break 4,600 with Roy, Ninian, Effie, Eirika. Having Ninian was a savior though, and Effie needs some sort of mobility skill. Most like pivot but I have had great success with swap.

kewlmyc

I'm not sure tbh, she should still be in ohko territory with that.
You're right, I was thinking of the Blue Dragons.

According to the Hero Skill Builds Megathread over at the FEH subreddit, Vantage 3 seems to be the most popular B skill for YTiki, as well as adding Lighting Breath+ to her arsenal.

Ninferno

Go for it man. I was able to break 4,600 with Roy, Ninian, Effie, Eirika. Having Ninian was a savior though, and Effie needs some sort of mobility skill. Most like pivot but I have had great success with swap.

That's pretty cool, congrats on your success; it couldn't have been easy.

I would have promote Effie in a heartbeat if I have Ninian; problem's I don't. Not that I didn't try...

Still might just promote her and never look back though. Thanks man.

Mupod

I'm hearing that apparently if you already cleared Michalis you're not gonna end up with extra copies. Makes sense, but I'm sure some will be disappointed. I don't regret getting up early even though I only got the 3* one, that was the goal we only just barely cleared.

Sushen

Virion and Matthew are waving at you from the backbench. You should still comfortably beat those chapter 5 quests with deadweights like them in your squad:)
True, but how about 9-1... I guess I need to pull colorless which I've been avoiding.

spiritfox

Decided to pull 3 reds for skills. Nothing useful. Pulled the other 2 colorless, got 5* Lucius.

I don't know what monkey's paw I prayed to today.

Mupod

I'm avoiding colorless like the plague on this banner especially now that I'm above 4% rate. I may not have any bows or daggers but I don't WANT any more god damn healers. One time I had 5 greys pop up and it was like I was playing russian roulette and staring down the barrel of a gun.

I warned my friend about this, he kept on doing full 20 pulls. Now he has Lucius. Well, I guess I don't have ANYTHING so I'm not much better off...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got a new personal best with 4400 something in Arena. Maybe 2ish deaths somewhere in there.

The new influx of feathers and orbs is very welcome, but I just realized I don't know who I want to promote. Maybe I'll wait for the next banner and see if I pull anything that makes me want to change up my team.

I'm surprised that some people still have dancers on their team without tanking their stat total. I'm seeing a lot of Hector + Azura/Ninian pairings in the teams I run into these days. I guess Hector's stats offset the lower stats of the dancer.

Tried puling for ninian but there wasnt a blue orb, pulled a green instead, got Julia 5*, is she any good?
One of the best nuking mages in the game, and the only one who has bonus damage against dragons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm hearing that apparently if you already cleared Michalis you're not gonna end up with extra copies. Makes sense, but I'm sure some will be disappointed. I don't regret getting up early even though I only got the 3* one, that was the goal we only just barely cleared.

This is great news, really. I didn't want to feel like I was missing out if this comes up again and I didn't make the time.

Tried puling for ninian but there wasnt a blue orb, pulled a green instead, got Julia 5*, is she any good?

Probably best all around green mage since she can blow things up without relying on anyone else.

Ninferno

I'm avoiding colorless like the plague on this banner especially now that I'm above 4% rate. I may not have any bows or daggers but I don't WANT any more god damn healers. One time I had 5 greys pop up and it was like I was playing russian roulette and staring down the barrel of a gun.

I warned my friend about this, he kept on doing full 20 pulls. Now he has Lucius. Well, I guess I don't have ANYTHING so I'm not much better off...

Your strong will is commendable. I failed myself when sniping for Ninian. I was up at 4.25% and got a 4 blues + 1 colorless screen. Open the blues and only got jack shit, not even redeeming foods like Shanna, Abel, Florina, or Jagen. I stared at the last colorless stone for a minute and was like, hey, maybe that could be a Klein for a budget price of 3 orbs, who knows. Went on to open it and it's Jaffar.... All those increased probabilities flushed down the toilet. That's how my Ninian hunt ended.

Well, at least there's Life and Death 3 I got right there, better than nothing I guess. Could have been much madder if it was one of the other 3 colorlesses...

Mupod

Yeah I'm sitting on 40,000 feathers, although I've done a few promotes to 4* for skills. My plan was to make a decision based on whether or not I get Ninian...or Azura, but if I ever found her I'd probably have a heart attack and die so it's a moot point.

My Nino is a great candidate for promotion, so green is covered. I have an absurd number of blue units at this point so I've got a few options there. I also love running a dancer, only reason I haven't promoted Olivia is that she just doesn't get much from promotion...other than a lot of SP from another 40 levels. Which I could do some fun stuff with.

Bovine

Neo Member
With all these free orbs I'm up over 80, but I am not touching this banner again, my quest for Ninian ended with two mediocre Karels and about the worst Abel you could get (although after feeding him to Effie I don't mind that pull as much). Hopefully the next banner has some good units to pull from, I'm also lacking in greens and bows/daggers, I have only a Camilla and a Fae for green.

Sushen

My record is over 200...but I'm around 100 on the current banner and 30 on the previous. It's crazy to think that even if I'd bought $100 of orbs and spent those instead of these free ones, I'd have come out of it with almost nothing but a pile of Subakis, FCorrins and Oboros. Inheritance has made getting 4* units less painful but I wish there was a better safety net.
In a long run, this fact will bite their butts unless they implement something to ensure players don't end up empty handed. Random in game play is not only lazy as developers, but also only good on paper.

I also love running a dancer, only reason I haven't promoted Olivia is that she just doesn't get much from promotion...other than a lot of SP from another 40 levels. Which I could do some fun stuff with.

Such as? I'm pretty stumped with her since I never want her to actually engage anything. That makes the A slot and B slot kind of moot.

Akuun

Does Blue Tomebreaker make sense on MRobin? My team is lacking good counters to blue mages like Reinhardt.
The AI is hilariously inept at using Rally skills.
Rally skills ruin dancers on AI teams too. Sometimes I see the AI pulling stuff like rally random unit > dance > rally dancer.

Mupod

I can't check here but apparently people were flubbing the twitter quiz earlier. It's about who uses Noatun (Anna). Shit, I was expecting these to all be no-brainers, everyone go and pick the right answer. Our orbs are at stake.

The AI is hilariously inept at using Rally skills.

maybe that's why I've got no defenses. I put rally defense on Merric because I had like 11 Oboros and why not. I bet he's just running around rallying Olivia or something equally useless.

Such as? I'm pretty stumped with her since I never want her to actually engage anything. That makes the A slot and B slot kind of moot.

You could make her a bootleg Azura with either a Ruby Sword, or Triangle Adept. I don't have have spares of TA units but it would give her the ability to deal with Hector on her own if necessary. Fury would pad your stats until the matchmaking update and let her sort of fight more effectively - it's only triggered by combat so she could dance away all she wants.

For the B slot, I was thinking Wings of Mercy.

for the experts here; what would make a good team with what I have here?

C7nUCEoWsAEAa2P.jpg

haven't even touched the inherit skill thing.

Mupod

for starters, you're topheavy on 5* reds, maybe give the red orbs a rest for a while. Tiki and Klein are fine.

If you've got feathers, you appear to be lucky on the Effie front - the one you have highlighted in your picture is +atk -spd, I'd kill for one of those. Promote the shit out of her, but level her up first for some SP.

I'd round it out with Nino, if you can get some rally buffs on your other characters. She'd still be good without them, you don't seem to have many greens.

There's other things you could do, I'm just offering suggestions based on making the most of the 5* units you have.

Promote Effie with the best IV. The one you posted is -spd which is great. Then run Effie, Tiki, Klein, Olivia. Should get decent runs in arena and that should net you a defensive win.

Alright guys, I've got enough feathers to upgrade someone to 5*. I was a bit torn between my Marth (+hp -res) and my MRobin (+spd -res). However I just pulled a +atk -hp Nino. My current team is 5* Roy (+hp -res), 5* Camilla (+atk -spd) 5* Ephraim (+hp -res) and a 3* neutral Olivia. The only other 5* I have is Hawkeye. Any opinions?

So I take it I should level up my Lon'qu to give Vantage 3 to my Hector?

What's the best thing to give to male Robin right now?

I gave him sword breaker, because even with triangle adept and being +atk some popular reds have high health and high res and no way Robin will double them otherwise. I guess lance breaker would be good but they are not as prevalent and when they do occur I just dance him to finish them off and that gives me a chance to use breath of life twice.

Akuun

So I take it I should level up my Lon'qu to give Vantage 3 to my Hector?

What's the best thing to give to male Robin right now?
Not sure about vantage but that does seem like a good option. That would make Hector a game ending unit for some people if the other side doesn't have someone who can one-turn him, or if vantage gets procced then the other side needs someone who can survive a hit from him and kill him on attack.

I gave my MRobin triangle adept and I really like it so far. He became a hard counter to both grey and red units. He takes very little damage from Takumi or even Lucina.

Rodin

I pulled 5* Cordelia, is she better than Catria? I have a 4* version of her and i was wondering if i should bump her or Nowi to 5* next time i get to 20k feathers.

I'm using 5* Reinhardt in my main team with Lucina, Hector and Kagero (all 5*) but I'm trying to figure out which one is better for the second team where i have Nina instead of Hector.

Akuun

I gave him sword breaker, because even with triangle adept and being +atk some popular reds have high health and high res and no way Robin will double them otherwise. I guess lance breaker would be good but they are not as prevalent and when they do occur I just dance him to finish them off and that gives me a chance to use breath of life twice.
Wait. Does sword breaker work on all reds? I thought robin couldn't use it because he's ranged.

Does it let him double red mages?

lt519

Lunatic story challenges are so much easier than when I first attempted them without any 5*s and a ragtag group of characters. Just need to do the Axe one which will leave me with a 3 man team since my highest level Axe user is a 4* level 22.

Probably best all around green mage since she can blow things up without relying on anyone else.

I found out my Jaffar can bait and OHKO her, it's improved my arena performance this season significantly :) His 44 HP is kind of crazy.

Mupod

So my pulling strategy for my Ninian quest has been to pull at 20+ orbs if possible, pull all blues and back out. Greens, reds, and greys in that order if no blues. It's amazing how few blue orbs I've seen so I keep ending up in that annoying limbo where I do one pull a day and wait for another 5 to get me over 20. I'm there now again, but I can get 5 more if I do all the orb quests aside from 9-5.

On the bright side, last pull was a 4* Odin. Free Moonbow!

Oh, and 9-2 with a staff user went well, didn't need to Light's Blessing thanks to Vantage Lucina taking care of business. Can't say the same for 9-3 and 9-4, Merric why do you hit like a sissy. Whatever, I had like 20 blessings.

I have a Camilla+1 that I use to take care of lances, so Triangle Adept might be better for Robin in that case.

Not sure about vantage but that does seem like a good option. That would make Hector a game ending unit for some people if the other side doesn't have someone who can one-turn him, or if vantage gets procced then the other side needs someone who can survive a hit from him and kill him on attack.

I gave my MRobin triangle adept and I really like it so far. He became a hard counter to both grey and red units. He takes very little damage from Takumi or even Lucina.

Yeah I think vantage will really take Hector to the next level for me. Having Hector and M Robin on a team really dominates for me right now. Robin takes care of all reds before they have too much time to pounce on Hector, then I just sit back and let Hector do his thing.

I have an Olivia that I think I am going to 5*, but I just can't decide. I also have a Marth that I could 5* and it would give me a really good red unit which I really just don't have.

I run Hector, Robin, Camilla, and Olivia right now.

So my pulling strategy for my Ninian quest has been to pull at 20+ orbs if possible, pull all blues and back out. Greens, reds, and greys in that order if no blues. It's amazing how few blue orbs I've seen so I keep ending up in that annoying limbo where I do one pull a day and wait for another 5 to get me over 20.

That's my situation and I am getting real mad... 7 sets with no blue so far and my rate up did reset on my 4th 5* healer, set was packed with grey and wanted to take a chance at Kagero... Bad idea!

Wait. Does sword breaker work on all reds? I thought robin couldn't use it because he's ranged.

Does it let him double red mages?

Just red swords. But yea it lets him double all swords so long as he has the health.

You asked earlier about Tome Breaker for Robin to counter Reinhardt. I don't think that is a good use of SP. Robin will always double Reinhardt because of Reinhardt's speed. Does Tome Breaker prevent Brave Tome from going twice automatically? Guess if it did that it wouldn't be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom