• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Just red swords. But yea it lets him double all swords so long as he has the health.

You asked earlier about Tome Breaker for Robin to counter Reinhardt. I do t think that is a good use of SP. Robin will always double Reinhardt because of Reinhardt's speed. Does Tome Breaker prevent Brave Tome from going twice automatically? Guess if it did that it wouldn't be bad.
Oh, I think I see what you're getting at. So swordbreaker will let him double attack red swords from range even if he doesn't have the speed requirement to double them, and it'll prevent red swords from doubling him if they get close (though he can't counterattack at that range).

I think my main problem is mass ranged teams because I have no real way to tank green or blue mages head on, so I have to spend a lot of effort trying to lure the AI into a bad spot while keeping everyone out of range.

Mupod

Just red swords. But yea it lets him double all swords so long as he has the health.

You asked earlier about Tome Breaker for Robin to counter Reinhardt. I do t think that is a good use of SP. Robin will always double Reinhardt because of Reinhardt's speed. Does Tome Breaker prevent Brave Tome from going twice automatically? Guess if it did that it wouldn't be bad.

brave tome doubleattacks are independent of -breaker skills. It's why Abel murders the shit out of swords.

I'm still debating what I want to do with Robin. Triangle Adept/Swordbreaker would ensure the kill on some problematic units, but the way I use Robin is usually to bait out archers/ninjas and kill them. Quick Riposte would be better for that opening move. Yet if I properly buff him up, he should one shot Takumi/Kagero without needing Quick Riposte even with TA2 instead of TA3.

Akuun

brave tome doubleattacks are independent of -breaker skills. It's why Abel murders the shit out of swords.

I'm still debating what I want to do with Robin. Triangle Adept/Swordbreaker would ensure the kill on some problematic units, but the way I use Robin is usually to bait out archers/ninjas and kill them. Quick Riposte would be better for that opening move. Yet if I properly buff him up, he should one shot Takumi/Kagero without needing Quick Riposte even with TA2 instead of TA3.
Mine has TA2 right now (not enough SP for 3) with no B skill. He hard counters every grey I run into these days even with that. I've thought of throwing Quick Riposte on him too but right now I am seriously starved for SP.

He also oneshots Lucina with an atk buff, though mine is +atk so that might be why.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I take it I should level up my Lon'qu to give Vantage 3 to my Hector?

What's the best thing to give to male Robin right now?

I gave vantage to my Hector, no complaints at all. Dude will be below 75% in nearly every fight because he is made to take hits. Not every team can one-hit him easily, and if they can't, they are going to lose units.

Ouch that hurts. Promoted a very decent Nowi to 5* not too long ago. Now I pulled a 4* with top 2 best IV...

Can you merge the old into the new after next month's update?

lt519

Mine has TA2 right now (not enough SP for 3) with no B skill. He hard counters every grey I run into these days even with that. I've thought of throwing Quick Riposte on him too but right now I am seriously starved for SP.

He also oneshots Lucina with an atk buff, though mine is +atk so that might be why.

Same. I put Blue Tomebreaker on him for the B skill. It's a very specific counter for Linde but it does it's job very well, at this point he's only susceptible to greens and brave lances. It helps dealing with minimizing damage from other Robins too if you can't get a green unit in range to delete him.

Sölf

That should work. So I would recommend doing so after.

I am at 12/15 Cavalry quest now. As for the others, for the flier quest I have Level 40 Est, Level 40 Camilla, Level 37 Narcian, level 21 Michalis, all 4*. This could work if I get many blues, but other than that I doubt anything would work. As for armor, level 40 Effie at 4*, 2x Gwenodlyn at 3* both around level 20, level 16 Draug still 2*. I doubt I will even try that quest with these dudes.

MANUELF

Banned
Now that I got Catria I Will try the flier team quest and maybe my team of 5* Camilla, 4* Narcian and 5* Catria can make it Work

Mupod

Sölf;232627181 said:
That should work. So I would recommend doing so after.

I am at 12/15 Cavalry quest now. As for the others, for the flier quest I have Level 40 Est, Level 40 Camilla, Level 37 Narcian, level 21 Michalis, all 4*. This could work if I get many blues, but other than that I doubt anything would work. As for armor, level 40 Effie at 4*, 2x Gwenodlyn at 3* both around level 20, level 16 Draug still 2*. I doubt I will even try that quest with these dudes.

I'm working on my flier team quest right now. Up to 5/15, but obviously the new orb quests derailed my progress. I have no 5* fliers and only use 4*, with 3* Narcian because he is very specialized.

I'm doubling down on gem weapon or triangle adept characters and I go in against teams I have an advantage on. Caeda is useless in a fight (she can barely beat green armor) but I just use her as a buff bot. Cordelia and Subaki take no damage from reds and Narcian eats lances for breakfast. Camilla comes in if there's no lances. I avoid greens because I have no usable red flying unit - camilla can kill green mages but ranged units in 10th stratum are a problem in general. The AI is much easier when it only has melee and healers.

The one downside of this strategy is high defense colorless units are very hard to kill. I had a nasty surprise against Azama earlier today that I posted about in here.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Did a couple YOLO pulls for

FZivCoC.jpg

dmERQR5.jpg

We did it. The dream team.

Yea but it will have been 40k feathers of Nowi promotion. Will probably do it anyway! Especially because:

So my pulling strategy for my Ninian quest has been to pull at 20+ orbs if possible, pull all blues and back out. Greens, reds, and greys in that order if no blues. It's amazing how few blue orbs I've seen so I keep ending up in that annoying limbo where I do one pull a day and wait for another 5 to get me over 20. I'm there now again, but I can get 5 more if I do all the orb quests aside from 9-5.

Just did that after reading your post and finally got Ninian, +Speed, after sooo many orbs and blueless set.

Now I want to give Ninian my worse Nowi for Lightning Breath+, but the Nowi already ate a few characters for Fury, Moonbow and Sword breaker. Think I better make a stronger 5* Nowi 40+1 in April than give Ninian the weapon.

lt519

30 orbs and no 5* oh well. Got some great inherit fodder. 4* Lon'qu, 4* Palla, 3* Gordin. Can't complain about another Moonbow/Wings of Mercy (might both go straight to Eirika) and some more Vantages.

Weebos

Banned
Yea but it will have been 40k feathers of Nowi promotion. Will probably do it anyway!

I think if you wait to promote the 4* until after your merge the 5* into it your feather cost to upgrade should be reduced, at least a little.

That's how it has worked with my lower star units in the past anyway.

I think if you wait to promote the 4* until after your merge the 5* into it your feather cost to upgrade should be reduced, at least a little.

That's how it has worked with my lower star units in the past anyway.

But I won't get a 5* Nowi at 40+1 if I am not mistaken. By the way, how does the +1 works? What does it give? A random stat upgrade?

Never really gave it much thought but both accounts I have a 5* Camilla wasting away and then I see a lot of talk on Reddit about Cherche with Brave Axe+....

Even at neutral raw Attack that would be 46 attack with a brave axe. making it possible for her to be a big threat with iote shield and lancebreaker.

Finally got a two 5 star pull, and got Karel and Merric, both with bad boon/bane skills.

New tier with inheritance seems to think that Cherche is pretty elite with brave axe and deatblow. I just so happen to have a +atk -spd Cherche. Which I think is probably the ideal set up. My question. I have a Barst I can kill. But I would need to promote him to 5 star for Brave Axe +. And then I would need 15,000 more feathers to promote Cherche to 5 star herself, not to mention another 20k to promote Hawkeye for deathblow unless I draw him as a 5 star between now and then. Not willing to kill Effie for it.
Worth it?
High mobility. Ignores terrain. Fantastic attack. Horrendous resistance and ridiculously low speed mean glassiest of cannons, but dancer/Nino can probably work around that.

Edit: Lol at timing of question with post above.

And I really wanted a Ninian. Or Hector. I was at 4.25% before Merric broke my streak and I just did a full draw and got Karel. Want to see the next banner before I decide to. Low my last 20 or so orbs to keep trying, or save up for a later banner.

Cerium

More progress. It takes 525 SP to learn Fury 3 via inheritance, and my Nino isn't quite there yet after Moonbow and Desperation 3 (she's not that far either though). So I decided to give the first Fury to Ninian.

screenshot_20170323-1tnblq.png

It's definitely made her noticeably more useful when dealing with Ryoumas and Tharjas and the like, and the damage penalty helps trigger Escape Route for global dancing. I think this was the right choice. Her role is doubly important since it falls to her to deal with those rare units that Nino cannot.

commish

I would definitely not spend that many feathers just to make 1 character unless you're a big spender. Not necessary and not worth it.

Cerium

I would definitely not spend that many feathers just to make 1 character unless you're a big spender. Not necessary and not worth it.

I don't really agree. I blew 20k feathers on Anna which turned out to be mostly a total waste and it hasn't crippled me.

He would be getting a relatively unique and apparently very powerful offensive carry, who could slot neatly into an absolutely devastating Flier Emblem style team. If he wants that type of team there's no reason he shouldn't go for it. Feathers can't really be bought, they're just a function of time and effort.

When you put together a team that harmonizes like Flier Emblem or Horse Emblem or Nino Country, it's definitely a lot more fun and satisfying than running a competent vanilla team. I know that I enjoy it a lot more personally.

Akuun

Finally got a two 5 star pull, and got Karel and Merric, both with bad boon/bane skills.

New tier with inheritance seems to think that Cherche is pretty elite with brave axe and deatblow. I just so happen to have a +atk -spd Cherche. Which I think is probably the ideal set up. My question. I have a Barst I can kill. But I would need to promote him to 5 star for Brave Axe +. And then I would need 15,000 more feathers to promote Cherche to 5 star herself, not to mention another 20k to promote Hawkeye for deathblow unless I draw him as a 5 star between now and then. Not willing to kill Effie for it.
Worth it?
High mobility. Ignores terrain. Fantastic attack. Horrendous resistance and ridiculously low speed mean glassiest of cannons, but dancer/Nino can probably work around that.

Edit: Lol at timing of question with post above.

And I really wanted a Ninian. Or Hector. I was at 4.25% before Merric broke my streak and I just did a full draw and got Karel. Want to see the next banner before I decide to. Low my last 20 or so orbs to keep trying, or save up for a later banner.
I don't think that would be worth the feather investment. Like you said, you get a glass cannon. But unlike mage glass cannons like Julia, if you want to take advantage of a flier's mobility, then she will likely end up in a spot where you can't pull/dance her back to safety after she goes in for her kill, meaning that her use is limited to situations that will leave her without any nearby threats, which is fairly rare.

That's the same problem that Camilla has, and there will likely be many situations where she won't do much at all.

Having said that, one way that might make her work would be to have a tankier flier back her up. For example, if you have a Catria with Reposition or Draw Back, then maybe she can pull Cherche to safety after her attack and tank any followup hits.

I don't really agree. I blew 20k feathers on Anna which turned out to be mostly a total waste and it hasn't crippled me.

He would be getting a relatively unique and apparently very powerful offensive carry, who could slot neatly into an absolutely devastating Flier Emblem style team. If he wants that type of team there's no reason he shouldn't go for it. Feathers can't really be bought, they're just a function of time and effort.

When you put together a team that harmonizes like Flier Emblem or Horse Emblem or Nino Country, it's definitely a lot more fun and satisfying than running a competent vanilla team. I know that I enjoy it a lot more personally.

Yea. Plus they are handing out feathers much more generously lately and seems SP is the new grind. I can hit high enough ranks with just using the rotated bonus characters that I really don't have a glaring need right now anyway. As you said this about fun and a flying brave axe wielding tank sounds like a lot of fun. Camilla is not as much fun.

Of course I am in a much more fortunate position than the other guy. I have the feathers and I have a 5* Camilla already.

Since this game is about having fun too I am torn on something now. I finally got a Kagero 4* the other day that was -ATK (worst bane) and even though I was really disappointed, I was almost ready to try to make her work through inheritance and upgrade her to 5*.

Today in a "luck" moment, I got her again as the only grey orb on the screen after getting Ninian. I quote "luck" because she is not +ATK or +SPD (first and second best boon) but she is not -ATK or SPD either. I wonder if I should try to make that one work with inheritance... I mean... I have 4 5* healers, how much will I really pull on grey again and what are the chance that I get Kagero again and at +ATK...

Damn I wish she was ATK+, it would have been the 2 characters I have been chasing the most in one pull, for 9 orbs and with best boon on both. That's asking for a lot but it would have entirely redeemed a lot of bad luck I got in this game so far. Still, even a not +ATK or SPD 5* Kagero might work well with a dancer now that I have Ninian...

commish

Well, he is asking if it is "worth it". From a resource value perspective, it's hard to say that it's worth it. What do you get for your 60k feathers? A higher ranking in arena? How many months/years of a higher arena score would you need to just to earn back that 60,000? Let's say you jump a tier and get 500 more per week. That's, what, 2+ YEARS before you earn back those 60k? Seems crazy to me. And I'm pretty sure that someone could get that higher arena ranking by promoting 3 other units.

But I'm all for having this as a long-term plan, but I think it's best to hope that you pull 5* that you can feed to it, or settle for a "lesser" version - maybe only get the Killer weapon and use lesser skills otherwise. I think we are going to see the meta change all the time in this game, so it's hard for me to recommend putting that many resources into one bucket, especially since it is so hard to get those resources.

Tip: Don't stress about making units inherit Quick Riposte 3. The 2 and 1 variants are more than enough.

Yeah, QR 2 is more than enough.

Thanks for the advice on my Cherche. I have 25k feathers burning a hole with nothing good to spend them on, which is part of the equation.
I don't have a good flier team. The only reason I noticed her is the quest to clear level 10 fifteen times and my fliers are terrible, but she hits hard. So in terms of a flier speciality team I'll have to get lucky to make that.
I don't spend money on the game, and I'm not super worried about arena score, just like to have fun and put together good teams. Not necessarily a power gamer or anything. Looking for a good green axe. I enjoy getting better pieces to plug in and make new, better teams gradually.

Firemind

The meta changing potentially is the reason I want go down the Cherche route. I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot of blues soon.
I checked the amount of Lance users available and there really isn't a lot of them, which is why I'm going to give Kagero Wings of Mercy instead of Lancebreaker even though I have three reds in my arena team.

Felt like blowing some orbs, so I did. Ended up getting 2 Jaffars, +DEF/-HP and +HP/-RES. Plus I picked up 2 Shannas, and some other units (Setsuna, I love you but please stop [unless you are +speed, N.attack]). Now to decide who to give Life and Death and Desperation to...

On the flip side, 2 questions. Which Jaffar should I keep? Thinking +DEF since he gets +4 there.

Question 2 is for my Erika. She is +DEF/-SPEED, so her stat line is 42/42/32/30/28. Since she has good bulk, I wanted to build on that and make her a good guard for my team, so I gave her reposition so she can throw people behind her after they strike. Right now I need a good A and B passive. Something as simple as Speed+3 goes a long way to stopping doubles, so I'm thinking of going that way. I'd run fury, but Erika is supposed to stop people from going after my attackers, and I'm worried the 6 extra damage each encounter will hurt her tankiness more than help with her spread. Of course, I'm going to run buffs on her partners so they can help (Tharja right now runs spur defence, just because really), but I want Erika to be more independent. As for her special, I'm thinking Bonfire for the guaranteed + 15, where as Luna would need me to go up against enemies with at least 30 defence to match it. Have no idea of the B slot, though drag back isn't hurting anything.

kswiston

Breath of the Wild has been cutting into my FE Heroes time, so I haven't sat down and figured out a plan for my team progression yet. No skills transferred.

I don't know why I am getting 10 orbs, 5k feathers, and 10 stam potions for logging in today, but I will take it!

Arena is going to be rough this week, since I managed to pull zero of the currently featured 5* units. I am stuck using my level 31 4-star Anna. I debated upgrading her to 5-stars to make her more useable during the next two weeks, but 20k feathers is a lot...

Vena

I wonder if Elise can one-round Frederic lol.

She cannot, and she gets one-rounded by his colossal base attack. If you give him a weapon that isn't hammer (Killer Axe with Luna or Moonbow is decent), he's terrifying to anything with low defense.

He'll tank Lucina through one round so long as she doesn't have Savage Blow, his defense is stupid. I can't for the life of me figure out what his A-slot should be, though. I have a generic +3Att on it because I have 318362187 Gordins.

She cannot, and she gets one-rounded by his colossal base attack. If you give him a weapon that isn't hammer (Killer Axe with Luna or Moonbow is decent), he's terrifying to anything with low defense.

He'll tank Lucina through one round so long as she doesn't have Savage Blow, his defense is stupid. I can't for the life of me figure out what his A-slot should be, though. I have a generic +3Att on it because I have 318362187 Gordins.

Armored Blow maybe? That is what I was thinking, but since I rolled a +Speed one I may reconsider speed+3 to put him over 30.

Vena

Armored Blow maybe? That is what I was thinking, but since I rolled a +Speed one I may reconsider speed+3 to put him over 30.

I have a Speedric too, I think. I was considering +3 Speed as well to put him at 32. I am unsure if a tank unit like Fredie makes much use for any of the Blows aside from just giving him Savage Blow or Darting Blow, and make him able to hit harder/double. I'd sooner say maybe Fury or L&D to just make him hilariously frail to mages.

9 Resistance!

That said, either https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/frederick is wrong, or my Frederick is +4 Speed because he's at 29, lol.

lt519

Felt like blowing some orbs, so I did. Ended up getting 2 Jaffars, +DEF/-HP and +HP/-RES. Plus I picked up 2 Shannas, and some other units (Setsuna, I love you but please stop [unless you are +speed, N.attack]). Now to decide who to give Life and Death and Desperation to...

On the flip side, 2 questions. Which Jaffar should I keep? Thinking +DEF since he gets +4 there.

I dunno, I think the IV calculator is off for Jaffar, I've got one that is +HP/+ATK according to them...44 HP, 38 ATK, 37 SPD, 21 DEF, and 18 RES and I'm only at Life and Death 2 (+4 ATK/SPD, -4DEF/RES).

That shows in the IV calculator as +HP/+ATK. What I can say is that with "medium" RES he has enough SPD and HP to withstand any mage. He can also tank a Takumi no problem. Neither boon sounds good though. Lowering your RES leaves you open to being OHKO by a mage and the +DEF/-HP means some mages will still OHKO. I think Cecilia and Julia leaves him with 5HP on my char and the -HP shows a 6HP drop from the IV calculator.

Great unit anyway, I think he's underrated and is a great bonus character for this season. I like him on my team more than Kagero. Much less of a glass cannon.

Edit: FE wiki as opposed to Gamepress has me at +HP/+ATK/-RES/-RES. So maybe the +HP/-RES isn't so bad. His speed is high enough that a Mage has to be seriously buffed to kill him.

I have a Speedric too, I think. I was considering +3 Speed as well to put him at 32. I am unsure if a tank unit like Fredie makes much use for any of the Blows aside from just giving him Savage Blow or Darting Blow, and make him able to hit harder/double. I'd sooner say maybe Fury or L&D to just make him hilariously frail to mages.

9 Resistance!

That said, either https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/frederick is wrong, or my Frederick is +4 Speed because he's at 29, lol.

Fred gets +4 speed when its his boon.

20k feathers get, all to be used to 5* Donnel for his brave lance + for Effie.

So I haven't been keeping up with the meta thing for a week, are people still experimenting on powerful builds?

lt519

20k feathers get, all to be used to 5* Donnel for his brave lance + for Effie.

So I haven't been keeping up with the meta thing for a week, are people still experimenting on powerful builds?

The troll teams are more worrisome to me. I ran into a Julia that had Wings of Mercy and when I baited a Takumi she warped and obliterated my Robin ruining a perfect run on my 7th game ):

Even a character that's been given every possible stat still has a hard counter, it's just the wacky combos you have to be wary of now.

Mupod

tried 3 times in a row, no blues so I only picked one and backed out.

3* Arthur
3* Fir
3* Frederick

HVpJwNm.gif

up to 4.25% on this banner now...

Cerium

tried 3 times in a row, no blues so I only picked one and backed out.

3* Arthur
3* Fir
3* Frederick

HVpJwNm.gif

up to 4.25% on this banner now...

Frederick is a good source of Fortify Def 3 and Luna.

I legit wish I had one. Just so you know, Fortify Def 3 is exceptionally rare. Frederick is the best way to get it.

Arthur can supply HP+5, or Swap and Lancebreaker 2.

Fir is kinda garbage though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom