• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasis

I am so worried about messing up with SI that I haven't done any yet. For my first, would giving Fury 3 to Lucina be a pretty safe bet?

Yeah people are coming up with some crazy shit.

Nice, gonna have to read back a few pages to take a look

The troll teams are more worrisome to me. I ran into a Julia that had Wings of Mercy and when I baited a Takumi she warped and obliterated my Robin ruining a perfect run on my 7th game ):

Even a character that's been given every possible stat still has a hard counter, it's just the wacky combos you have to be wary of now.

Yet to run in to anything like that, still been the same regular Hectors and Takumis in the area for me. Maybe I'm just too low ranked

Firemind

Frederick is a good source of Fortify Def 3 and Luna.

I legit wish I had one. Just so you know, Fortify Def 3 is exceptionally rare. Frederick is the best way to get it.

Arthur can supply HP+5, or Swap and Lancebreaker 2.

Fir is kinda garbage though lol.
Fir has +3 Spd, probably the most valuable if you want to fix a bad nature.

Cerium

I am so worried about messing up with SI that I haven't done any yet. For my first, would giving Fury 3 to Lucina be a pretty safe bet?

It really depends. The best way to do things now is not necessarily to look at individual heroes, but at team compositions and chemistry. The strongest teams out there are the ones that harmonize. You'll also have to account for the natures of each hero.

Fury 3 is good on a lot of heroes, yes, but it does carry the damage drawback. Does your Lucina also have Brash Assault, Desperation, or Vantage? Escape Route perhaps? There are a lot of skills that can actually turn damage into an advantage, and those are the ones you'll want to combine with Fury 3.

I've got Fury 3 on my Ninian to trigger Escape Route which gives her global dancing and mobility. It's really useful. I'm also putting Fury 3 on my Nino because she has Desperation and what doesn't kill her only makes her stronger.

But Fury 3 on a unit with no damage advantage skills who you expect to be in frequent combat? It's a double edged sword.

Anastasis

It really depends. The best way to do things now is not necessarily to look at individual heroes, but at team compositions and chemistry. The strongest teams out there are the ones that harmonize. You'll also have to account for the natures of each hero.

Fury 3 is good on a lot of heroes, yes, but it does carry the damage drawback. Does your Lucina also have Brash Assault, Desperation, or Vantage? Escape Route perhaps? There are a lot of skills that can actually turn damage into an advantage, and those are the ones you'll want to combine with Fury 3.

I've got Fury 3 on my Ninian to trigger Escape Route which gives her global dancing and mobility. It's really useful. I'm also putting Fury 3 on my Nino because she has Desperation and what doesn't kill her only makes her stronger.

But Fury 3 on a unit with no damage advantage skills who you expect to be in frequent combat? It's a double edged sword.

I guess my thinking would be that since 10 HP would be restored every few turns, fury's downside would be negated a bit. I have done no other SI on Lucina or anyone else.

Maybe I'll hold off until tomorrow when I drop 100 orbs on the new banner and see what fodder I get.

kswiston

It looks like my new 5star Nowi is neutral natured. I would have preferred a spd boost obviously, but I guess that isnt terrible.

Cerium

Besides buffs I mostly use my Eirika as a tank, usually against Hector and sometimes against Falchion users.

Suggestions for a special? I'm considering Sol, or Escutcheon, but leaning towards Sol.

ggx2ac

Finished every quest now. Had a five win streak for the armoured tenth stratum so now I noticed I could level up other 5* characters I haven't used.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, you guys are fast. Here I am, finishing up the 8th Stratum Quest, and haven't even taken a crack at the Lunatic quests, nor gotten started at the 10th Stratum Quests.

Upto 103 orbs, I'm hope we get a nice banner during the next story bit. Also just finished getting my Takumi I got last week to level 40.

Cerium

I'm up to 146 orbs and I just realized that I'll be up to 160 once I'm done with the Lunatic questline.

They've been pretty generous lately.

Now just bring on the Choose Your Legends banner so I can blow it all on Lyn.

PK Gaming

Besides buffs I mostly use my Eirika as a tank, usually against Hector and sometimes against Falchion users.

Suggestions for a special? I'm considering Sol, or Escutcheon, but leaning towards Sol.

Moonbow works best on her, imo

Especially if she has Swordbreaker

Cerium

Moonbow works best on her, imo

Especially if she has Swordbreaker

Hmm I could see that. Would make her a hard counter against the Falchions.

I was planning to give her Wings of Mercy so that she could warp to Nino and Ninian, but I'll have to think on this some more.

Problem is I don't have another Moonbow. Gave my only one to Nino.

Cerium

Eirika is a great tank unit, probably one of the better ones in the game with great utility on her weapon.

Yeah her ability to take a hit is invaluable in Nino Country. Makes the whole setup work.

I really like the idea of Swordbreaker on her on offense but I feel that Wings of Mercy would be better on defense to catch people off guard.

I'm starting to believe we'll never get this banner and the voting thing was just to spread word-of-mouth for the game. :(

How many orbs have you hoarded?

I'm starting to believe we'll never get this banner and the voting thing was just to spread word-of-mouth for the game. :(

CHRONO. I'm so glad you live.

Also, I think it's official that Fire Emblem is now my favorite mobile game. It's just so respectful of time, generous with currency, and even though I floated some money initially as a "thank you" to Nintendo, I think I'm set for the foreseeable future... since it's actually about strategy and team composition...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how long until we find out more about the equipment system they are adding next month.

Also, really hope they give a way to increase stamina at some point.

chrono01

How many orbs have you hoarded?
Just under 300. I've been saving for a long while, haha.

It'll be on the first anniversary.
This sounds plausible, and it depresses me. :(

CHRONO. I'm so glad you live.

Also, I think it's official that Fire Emblem is now my favorite mobile game. It's just so respectful of time, generous with currency, and even though I floated some money initially as a "thank you" to Nintendo, I think I'm set for the foreseeable future... since it's actually about strategy and team composition...
Haha, yes I still live! Nice to see you here. :)

Yeah, this game is great. I don't have a lot of characters to work on right now, since I've essentially been saving every orb I earn for the "Choose Your Own Legends" banner, but when it is finally released, at least I'll be able to put a lot into it (and increase that 5* rate percentage).

I still play FFBE, but it's only casually. I saw that we're getting Orlandu soon so I'll probably try for him but I'm not too stressed about it. It'd be nice, but my priorities for gatcha games lie elsewhere right now (such as with FE). FFBE is still great fun, it's just not at the "top-tier" for me as it once was.

Cerium

I wonder how long until we find out more about the equipment system they are adding next month.

Also, really hope they give a way to increase stamina at some point.

SP continues to be my big complaint.

It cannot take that fucking long to get the SP for a third tier inherited skill.

525 / 3 = 175 kills.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SP continues to be my big complaint.

It cannot take that fucking long to get the SP for a third tier inherited skill.

525 / 3 = 175 kills.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Imagine if the training tower has the original stamina costs.

Vena

Yeah her ability to take a hit is invaluable in Nino Country. Makes the whole setup work.

I really like the idea of Swordbreaker on her on offense but I feel that Wings of Mercy would be better on defense to catch people off guard.

I'd go with Swordbreaker over Wings, frankly. May as well make her murder everything Green and Red, especially if she's built for a tank on your team.

kswiston

If they don't do the voting banner in April, I'd guess that we see it in June at the earliest, since May is going to be all about FE Gaiden.

kswiston

I don't know if I agree with the SP grinding. You guys basically want uber characters with none of the work that comes with uber characters in practically every other game of this type.

You can get to max level and unlock the default skills of a character very easily. Most of the best transferrable skills are on multiple characters, usually with at least one that is very easy to obtain. Grinding for the inherited skills is basically the only thing with a time investment to work towards.

Sushen

What drove you to this point?
I'm decently happy with my current team but I'm pretty stuck at this point as I have leveled up all units that I care to 40.

So, the next pull will take me to the next level especially for the Arena or I'll have nothing else to do.

kswiston

Levelled my new Nowi to 28 in the training tower, and fed her a dupe 4-star Able for Sword-breaker 1-3. It looks like she would have ended up with a bunch of extra SP on her quest to level 40, so I shouldn't need to do much grinding. Tomorrow, I will make her useable in arena.

Anyone have any suggestions for charge skills that work well with Nowi?

Levelled my new Nowi to 28 in the training tower, and fed her a dupe 4-star Able for Sword-breaker 1-3. It looks like she would have ended up with a bunch of extra SP on her quest to level 40, so I shouldn't need to do much grinding. Tomorrow, I will make her useable in arena.

Anyone have any suggestions for charge skills that work well with Nowi?

I use Moonbow since charge time is low at 2 (so 3 because of her weapon). Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res -30%.

Articalys

bI3KvqL.jpg
Is there any point to me even trying the imminent Michalis battle with any of this, or should I just put the game down and walk away?

13randO

Got Ninian today in the morning and then got Karel just now. Ninian is up speed down attack. Not too shabs. Thinking of running a ninian/Erika/brave axe cherche/vantage takumi and see how that goes.

scy

Figured I'd try and pull for Minerva. Been using a non-5* Cecilia (-SPD) and already caster heavy so a good beefier Physical unit would be great.

...so I got a 5* Julia (+RES, -DEF). Also snagged a 4* Reinhardt (+SPD, -DEF) in the event I want to Horse Emblem I guess.

It's incredibly weird to me that my two accounts are strictly physical and magical split on their pulls.

ggx2ac

Was only able to get one Minerva from the banner. It gave me 5* Hinoka and 5* Camilla before that.

It's annoying how difficult it makes things.

Edit:

I just learned that the defense results in arena can only record 10 defense wins at a time, I have 12 wins in total that I counted but it's possible I had more than that when I wasn't looking for a few days.

Finally finished all the Lunatic quests as well as the (annoying) flying unit quest thanks to a few Light's Blessings. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the Armor and Cavalry quests, honestly.

Finishing those brought me up to 105 orbs, crazy considering the fact that I'd blown all of my previous stash on the Princes banner. Decided to pull for the hell of it, got a 5* Peri...yay? At least now I can use the 4* Peri I have for skill inheritance, Threaten Def 3 is gonna be nice for whoever I decide to put it on.

Sölf

Only 9-4 and 9-5 left. I could have done 9-4 already, but I was stupid, winning 9-3 but forgetting to put a sword instead of Tiki into my team... xD

still 12/15 Cavalry. The current one could maybe work, but knowing me I will loose someone to stupid shit again. Also could have gotten minimal higher score in arena, but lost a unit in the last fight. The team still works suprisingly well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom