• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Alright, with my alt account's box approaching barrack size limit, I think I need to finally get down to building my 4* + x Sophia because I have a million of her (I wanted Celica so bad but the game decided to keep giving me the wrong red mage instead).

Mission statement:
To build a 4* + x Sophia to inflate my arena score at a reasonable cost of feathers and SI fodders. Whether I will run her regularly or only when she becomes arena bonus char 2 out of every 12 weeks will depend on how competent she actually turns out to be and what kind of scores are needed to stay in T18 ~ 19.

To inflate arena score, I naturally want to fill her up with higher SP cost skills. However at the same time, I also won't go in crazy with stuffs like Rauðrraven+, because that 20k feather cost kinda defeats the purpose of "4* + x" whose whole point is to achieve high merge count without breaking the bank. I need to find a cost-effective solution while achieving my goal.

Btw, my team core is Reinhardt + Hector.

To start off, I will be using a +Atk, -Spd Sophia as base. I will keep her Dragon Fang and Hone Res 3; these might not be ideal but at least they are 200SP skills. For possible SI options, I'm currently going back and forth between the 2 combinations below.
Option 1: TA2 + Reposition (from a 4* Selena), Rauðrraven + G Tome Breaker 2 (from a 4* Henry)
This is as budget as it gets if I want her to have some use in combat. A and B skills in this case are all lv2 and 100SP only though.

Option 2: HP + 4,5 and Reciprocal Aid (from a 4* Donnel), Renewal 3 (from a 4* Fae), HP + 3 (from a 3* Raigh, along with Rally Attack in case I don't find Reciprocal Aid too useful in practice)
This one has A and B skills at lv3, 160 and 240 SP respectively. However, this Sophia will have little to no combat capability; she will just be my Hector's companion as HP battery and Res Honer.

Any thoughts?

Ninferno

The bonus char reveal has zero surprises, which is great. Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena all as expected. These 3 weeks with Olivia are going to be fun; with Project Olivia fully completed, I will be able to go in full force and have some serious chance getting to T19 in the second week. The only thing I worry about is there will be lots of people with 4* +10 Olivias by then, inflating their scores. lol

Also, I have at least 5 weeks to work out Project Sophia before she becomes the bonus char so I'm not in any kind of hurry.

Mupod

Yeah, the Olivia prediction was right on the money - since she's obviously who I want to use as my bonus unit, I decided to pull on the Weapon Triangle banner to see if I could find her a Ruby Sword+ and Fury. Everything in that banner is useful so I just opened em all. Seems like it worked out...

fOASoj1.jpg

Second Sanaki in a row, I got her on the last pull I did when I was looking for Celica...weird. -SPD +RES, I dunno if that's better than the -HP +DEF one I got.

Anyways, the game's trying to tell me something with the other units. +ATK -RES Cecilia, along with a Gronnblade and Moonbow for her. If I promote Ursula (already has a regular blarblade&moonbow) and use my Eldigan along with Olivia, that'd be a hell of a nasty defense team. Eldigan is -atk +spd but with swordbreaker and bonfire he'd still do his job just fine. I leveled him during double SP so he has infinite resources just about.

As for Olivia, I dunno if I want to go 5* or just make her a 4*+5. I'd have just barely enough feathers to do the above and still make her a 4*+5, but her weapon would be bad.

Also, that Gordin is the first Brave Bow I've found. He's destined for my +SPD -DEF Setsuna in the future. And to think, last night I was wondering what I'd do with 50k feathers...

Sushen

It depends on what you want to do. If you care about arena points, rank, and stuffs (you seem so otherwise why would you even consider sacrificing a 5* which is a huge investment), the best option is to spend 20k feathers to get Sharena to 5* and get her legendary weapon. Legendary weapons yield higher points than generic weapons with "+"s in their names.

The spare Azuras you have on the other hand, are best utilized if you merge them to get a +3 Azura. Merge counts matter a lot in arena score. While gem weapons are indeed good to have as SI options, current popular lance wielding units are mostly better off with other weapons. Ephraim and Sharena have legendary weapons; Effie would appreciate brave lance+ more. Hence, I would suggest merging rather than SI in this case, a +3 Azura would be a force to reckon with in combat, let alone the boost in arena score.

Again, this is assuming you care about arena scoring.
I do care about the arena score but not too much into maximizing it. I'm happy with 4700s in general and tier 17 sounds fine as my home for now.

But, your suggestion stopped my thoughts on sacrificing Azura. I wanted to save my feathers for Camus promotion to 5* but it looks like the bonus units are good for 3 weeks and not sure if he'll make the list assuming his GHB is for this week.

I considered Darting blow+brave Lance for Sharena, but I've got only regular Brave Lance. Also, thinking TA for A skill but until the weapon settles down, I can't decide.

And Olivia complicated the equation. Hmm, is 4* Olivia strong enough to take on Hector, Julia, and Nino?

Mupod

I do care about the arena score but not too much into maximizing it. I'm happy with 4700s in general and tier 17 sounds fine as my home for now.

But, your suggestion stopped my thoughts on sacrificing Azura. I wanted to save my feathers for Camus promotion to 5* but it looks like the bonus units are good for 3 weeks and not sure if he'll make the list assuming his GHB is for this week.

I considered Darting blow+brave Lance for Sharena, but I've got only regular Brave Lance. Also, thinking TA for A skill but until the weapon settles down, I can't decide.

And Olivia complicated the equation. Hmm, is 4* Olivia strong enough to take on Hector, Julia, and Nino?

With a regular Ruby Sword a 4* Olivia can sort of handle a vanilla Hector, but she won't be one rounding him. Mine is +DEF and would probably win with Bonfire.

Blade tome casters with dancer support are probably too much even with extra triangle advantage, as her speed will be a liability. I overestimated Roy last week and he got wiped out by a super merged/buffed Nino despite having a +2 Res buff as well as the usual +2 effect of his weapon.

Still planning out my Olivia setup. I'd be swapping Azura out, and I do occasionally have Azura take a hit from a sword user as Linde is bad at that. So Swordbreaker could be nice. My Olivia is +atk -def though, so unless I merged her into a neutral one...meh. Wish I had a +spd one. My lack of a +SPD Olivia is probably my main argument for not promoting her to 5* and instead making a merged 4*.

Rodin

No Lucina is unexpected, and yes i know she was in the spring festival.

Anyway i have no orbs and i still can't get Celica, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ninferno

Hmm, is 4* Olivia strong enough to take on Hector, Julia, and Nino?

It depends on what skills you put on her. Generally speaking, a vanilla 5* Olivia (equivalent to 4* + 5) can't reliably deal with those 3 on her own. But if your goal is for her to tank a hit from those 3, and wipe them out afterwards with or without others' help then she should still get the job done in most cases.

Now, if you are as crazy like me who picked a +SPD Olivia and gave her Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3, you can pretty much laugh in those 3 green dudes' faces.

Sushen

I'm leaning towards my first idea of DB+Brave Lance (unfortunately regular) and swordbreaker to shutdown red swords. Is sword breaker an overkill for Sharena to take on red swords?

Again, trying to make best 4* Sharena as I can't really afford 5*.

fek

Wasted 3 crests and got ranked 1860 in tier 18, which means I'm getting kicked out of the top 40% in the next hour or so. Dropping a tier for the first time this week.

Mupod

I didn't realize you couldn't stay in tier 18, you have to move up or down.

Regardless, 4806 is just about in the top 10% of the people in T17 right now, and half of those folks are moving up. T19 might not be unrealistic for me next time, depends what kind of scores I can get with Olivia on my team.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I didn't realize you couldn't stay in tier 18, you have to move up or down.

Regardless, 4806 is just about in the top 10% of the people in T17 right now, and half of those folks are moving up. T19 might not be unrealistic for me next time, depends what kind of scores I can get with Olivia on my team.
Can confirm. I'm 4808 in T17, and ranked 2515. I guess I'll be bouncing up and down between T17 and T18 for the foreseeable future.
https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/869117292952535042

DA-5c-0UIAEzV6R.jpg:large

New arena bonus heroes. The brides are in, plus Lloyd, Henry, FCorrin, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.
I guess I'm boned for the next two seasons unless I promote Olivia. Which isn't a bad idea, since I'm not sure what else I'd do with those feathers for the time being.

Who are those waifus anyway? I'm guessing Lyn, Cordelia, Caeda and... I'm not sure who the blonde girl is.

Mupod

Can confirm. I'm 4808 in T17, and ranked 2515. I guess I'll be bouncing up and down between T17 and T18 for the foreseeable future.

I guess I'm boned for the next two seasons unless I promote Olivia. Which isn't a bad idea, since I'm not sure what else I'd do with those feathers for the time being.

Who are those waifus anyway? I'm guessing Lyn, Cordelia, Caeda and... I'm not sure who the blonde girl is.

Charlotte from Fates, specifically from the Conquest/Nohr side. It's actually pretty appropriate for her considering that finding a rich husband is one of her driving traits.

explodet

Charlotte from Fates, specifically from the Conquest/Nohr side. It's actually pretty appropriate for her considering that finding a rich husband is one of her driving traits.
They pulled another Xander and made a themed limited version of a character available before the normal character. Funny.

I wouldn't say no to a Charlotte GHB, either.

Um... Wondering if full SI Hector, Zephiel and Effie all at 5* with a level 40 4* Olivia will be enough for good scores. Those 3 core seem to get me into great range no matter who is the fourth so I should be ok to get back in Tier 18 after being demoted today from missing by 100 spots or so. I worry more for 18 to 19 in 2 seasons. Maybe Olivia for this week and finally get Sharena to 5* for the season after since I lack the feathers right now.

Rainy

Banned
I honestly played this for the first week after it came out but I felt a sudden urge to play it again with Echoes coming out. Guess time to redownload...

lt519

Gonna be tight on the arena score this week 4770 has got me moving up to tier 18 but only by 1700 spots. Had a great 4800+ run going where I ran into an Azura buffing a Takumi and no matter where I moved or what I did I'd end up with a dead character. I need a better higher score team then Olivia/Nowi/Roy+/Nino. My low score team is always a cakewalk.

Olivia next two seasons! Hell yeah. I can actually play with my real best team :)

McNum

Alright, with my alt account's box approaching barrack size limit, I think I need to finally get down to building my 4* + x Sophia because I have a million of her (I wanted Celica so bad but the game decided to keep giving me the wrong red mage instead).

Mission statement:
To build a 4* + x Sophia to inflate my arena score at a reasonable cost of feathers and SI fodders. Whether I will run her regularly or only when she becomes arena bonus char 2 out of every 12 weeks will depend on how competent she actually turns out to be and what kind of scores are needed to stay in T18 ~ 19.

To inflate arena score, I naturally want to fill her up with higher SP cost skills. However at the same time, I also won't go in crazy with stuffs like Rauðrraven+, because that 20k feather cost kinda defeats the purpose of "4* + x" whose whole point is to achieve high merge count without breaking the bank. I need to find a cost-effective solution while achieving my goal.

Btw, my team core is Reinhardt + Hector.

To start off, I will be using a +Atk, -Spd Sophia as base. I will keep her Dragon Fang and Hone Res 3; these might not be ideal but at least they are 200SP skills. For possible SI options, I'm currently going back and forth between the 2 combinations below.
Option 1: TA2 + Reposition (from a 4* Selena), Rauðrraven + G Tome Breaker 2 (from a 4* Henry)
This is as budget as it gets if I want her to have some use in combat. A and B skills in this case are all lv2 and 100SP only though.

Option 2: HP + 4,5 and Reciprocal Aid (from a 4* Donnel), Renewal 3 (from a 4* Fae), HP + 3 (from a 3* Raigh, along with Rally Attack in case I don't find Reciprocal Aid too useful in practice)
This one has A and B skills at lv3, 160 and 240 SP respectively. However, this Sophia will have little to no combat capability; she will just be my Hector's companion as HP battery and Res Honer.

Any thoughts?
Sophia, eh? I have thoughts.

You definitely should do the Triangle Adept and Rauðrraven build. I have one, and she is amazing. Granted, she uses TA3, and is five star, but she hard counters anything that's green or an archer. Now since you have Reinhardt and Hector on the team, you don't need anyone to check Kagero... but Sophia can do that, too.

My own Sophia is +Def/-Res (Though I'd say +Def/-Spd would be better) with the following build:

- Rauðrraven
- Rally Attack or Rally Speed
- Moonbow
- Triangle Adept 3
- Quick Riposte 2
- Fortify Res 3

And she does this. Not pictured: tanking Julia. She does that, too.

TA Raven Sophia is a very defensive build, but she does this one thing extremely well. Alternatively, you can give her Swordbreaker and start taking out anyone with a sword, but you have Reinhardt for that. You need someone to deal with green mages, and Green Tomebreaker Sophia, while more specialized than Quick Riposte Sophia, will do that easily. Mine has the rallies because she does a double act with Nino. If Sophia can't take it, Nino can kill it. Especially with the Res and Attack boost. (Speed is for teaming up with Nino AND Sharena.) As for Moonbow. It charges in two. With a breaker or Quick Riposte, you'll always trigger it on the last hit.

I should probably explain the nature pick. +Def allows Sophia to ignore Takumi completely. And she'll still kill him with QR. If you upgrade to Rauðrraven+, she doesn't even need QR. There's no way to boost her Def like that after the fact.

explodet

As a user of TA3/Raven units myself, there are still a couple of characters you need to keep an eye out for.
One of those is Klein. Sure, he won't ORKO characters with +Raven tomes, but he won't be doing 0x4 damage either.

Akuun

Klein is definitely better than a lot of people give him credit for. He can kill TA MRobin if he has Glacies. I assume he can do the same with any Raven tome user.

Klein + Azura is a deadly combo. I remember seeing him do something like 1 + 1 > dance > 1 + GLACIES INSTANT KILL on my MRobin once.

TWILT

Banned
Hmm, guess I could possibly use for my Corrin for the bonus hero, but she's only a 4 star lol. Bride Charlotte and Cordelia look nice though...tempted to pull...

If you guys have 6 olivias i would highly reccomend 4+5ing her

It worked great for me last week

Thinking about it... I have 6 of her but 4 3* and the 1* and 2*. That's 12 000 something feathers, which is not too bad and I could easily make her more than +5 over time. Probably sent a bunch home already from hunting for Reds characters and good SI fodder. Wish I could know in advance which kind of points matchups I would get before I invest.

Ninferno

Sophia, eh? I have thoughts.

You definitely should do the Triangle Adept and Rauðrraven build. I have one, and she is amazing. Granted, she uses TA3, and is five star...

Thanks bro; that is very insightful.

I totally agree that if I want combat capability, raven tome + TA3 + QR2 is no-brainer. I didn't think I needed it as my goal was not to get a good combatant but just a good arena score inflater. I hoped to use she to help me push over the 700 points boundary and stay comfortably in T18 or 19 in the long run. My choice of red up until this point has been a heavily invested Olivia, and occasionally Ryoma, but your matchup examples are quite encouraging which might just sway me towards extending my goal.

Anyway, I have 5 weeks to work this out so I will definitely give myself more time to think through it. I probably shouldn't be so stingy when it comes to SI fodders, since this could really be beneficial in the long run and I'm already throwing in tens of thousands of feathers and most likely 11 goddamn Sophias.

Theosmeo

I think I only have the free Olivias + one from a pull. :(

Did you give your Olivia a 5* weapon?

Ah thats unfortunate. No im just waiting around till a bad sword 5* right now, but im considering sacrificing a random stahl for ruby sword (no +) because that's triangle adept 3 still. I just need more SP on her.

Thinking about it... I have 6 of her but 4 3* and the 1* and 2*. That's 12 000 something feathers, which is not too bad and I could easily make her more than +5 over time. Probably sent a bunch home already from hunting for Reds characters and good SI fodder. Wish I could know in advance which kind of points matchups I would get before I invest.

Well i dont know what tier she'll land you in but at 4*+5 with only silver sword and moonbow(everything else maxed) she's worth 171, and at +10 id imagine it puts her at 181 (hector) values. I'm super satisfied with her right now though.

Sushen

Not looking forward to so many Olivias in the arena. Not that I can't handle it, but I need to watch out for careless mistakes. Horse team spoiled me with brain-dead winstreaks.

Mupod

Oh shit just realized the Arena Bonus units are going to stay for 3 seasons this time. Might pull a bit on the new banner...

Huh, never noticed this. They must be trying to get back to the old schedule of giving us 1 week lead-up time before changing the bonus rotation.

I'd probably 5* my Olivia If I was completely happy with any of their IVs. Merging and then promoting a merged 4* wouldn't normally be an optimal route for me, but farming SP on dancers sucks so much ass it's something I was gonna do anyways.

Spoit

Hmm... I could spend 22k feathers to sacrifice a 4* fredrick and 5* palla to give Olivia a ruby sword+, WoM3, and moonbow. Worth it?

Theosmeo

Oh also if one of your olivias is + speed that means with fury at +5 merge she'll have 39 speed and at +6 she'll have 40 which is really double resistant.

I hope Caeda ends up with Julia/Sanaki stats, i'd like to see those on a blue

Sushen

I gave Wings of Mercy 3 to Azura and I don't think I've ever once remembered I have it when actually in a battle.
I've used it less than 5 times with her as well; I maxed out her hero merit so I use her a lot. Probably, I shold use a different B skill for her.

vctor182

Managed to do a perfect run 3 hours before the season is over:
EUkwtZbl.png

This tier was brutal lots of merged units and had to use several crests

woBAleQl.png

On the defense side I did really good too.

Akuun

I've only gotten one defense per week since the arena changes. I'm not sure how to get defense wins anymore. I've tried swapping units around and trying to lower my defensive team's arena score, but it doesn't seem to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom