• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theosmeo

26 orbs and I got a 5* Effie, 4* Kagero with +ATK and -HP, and a 5* Bridal Lyn. My Lyn is 17/13/11/5/5, so it looks like she is +SPD -RES compared to other waifu Lyn's in the reddit thread. I wish I had Genny, I want to sacrifice her to give Lyn Wrathful staff.

Hmmm, I have the exact same lyn as you, maybe we're neutral?

btw lon qu has the highest speed in the game at 39, with 11 at neutral. Bride lyn is faaaaast.

spiritfox

Wow, Bridal Lyn's weapon is pretty crazy. Basically they can't counter attack after she initiates on them, and with Dazzling Staff, she basically can make people punching bags with barely any risk. She will definitely shut down those vantage users that might be hard to kill in one turn.

Sounds like a great training tower unit :p

OMG Aero

Went through 100 orbs pulling only colourless trying to get Lyn or Cordelia.
Didn't get either and instead got a +Speed/-Attack Caeda on one of times there was no colourless and I had to pick something else instead.

Shun

2 tries.
+Attack/-Speed Sheeda... But I get to listen to Hayamin talk all the time now. 34 base speed is still decent...
+Speed/-Resistance Tiamo. If only she got an archer equivalent of the blade spells, Rinda 2.0
Rbhp1Yt.jpg
ooF3Xx9.jpg

Ninferno

After weeks of weird arena maps with defensive tiles to complicate the equation, we are now back to maps we are most familiar with... Not sure how to feel about that tbh.

Also, with super Olivia back in the team, arena just becomes auto-battle level of easiness. Hopefully with the abundance of people in T18, T19 will be within F2P's grasp. If 4830 ~ 4840 is enough for that then I can have a easier life and won't be forced to abandon mages and dancers.

Blew about 45 orbs, ended up with Bridal Lyn (-SPD +DEF though) and more Serras than one should ever see. At least I managed to score an extra Moonbow/R Tomebreaker (Odin), Axebreaker (Laslow), and Miracle (Maria). Maria might end up giving Physic to Bridal Lyn instead though, I dunno.

Funny that right as Distant Counter gains ground thanks to Hero Fest Hector, Xander, and soon Camus, IS releases a special seasonal unit with the ability to shut them down if used right.

redcrayon

I quite liked Cordelia's line at the end of the bridal maps- "let's retreat... the sooner this nonsense ends the better" (or words to that effect) :D

Syntsui

Thank God those piece of shit maps are gone, the game was unplayable for me with that russian roulette bullshit.

Now I can actually finish the Arena.

Used ~40 orbs for 7 healers, two Gaius, and a 4* Neutral Kagerou.

Will continue to snipe Grays for Cordelia (or even Lyn).

Hopefully this won't be a second Spring Festival for me, in which I go through the banner without a single limited unit.

Mupod

Dang, Bride Cordelia's stats are nuts. Almost identical to Linde, but one less speed. I dunno if I wanna take the gamble trying to find a +SPD one though.

_Legacy_

Dang, Bride Cordelia's stats are nuts. Almost identical to Linde, but one less speed. I dunno if I wanna take the gamble trying to find a +SPD one though.

You know how this game goes, it'll probably be 150 orbs before you hope to find what you want and even then, it'll be +HP - ATK or something like that! I've settled for my -DEF + RES, going to give her brave bow + and just work with what I've got.

I'm just glad I got mine with the orbs gained from the new chapters, wouldn't have bothered otherwise because I'm playing this game less and less now.

champloo

Finally got my Charlotte after 250 orbs. Was seriously thinking about rerolling when I couldn't get her on my main account, now to make this account my main..

Achtius

You know how this game goes, it'll probably be 150 orbs before you hope to find what you want and even then, it'll be +HP - ATK or something like that

I just got +HP and -spd, and a -atk/+res.

I think I am going to use the - ATK one..... or should i use a +atk and give her firesweep bow

alcheim

Damnit.. pulled another Linde with terrible IVs, thus resetting my drop rate back to 3%. I just need one Charlotte to complete the set.

_Legacy_

I just got +HP and -spd, and a -atk/+res.

I think I am going to use the - ATK one..... or should i use a +atk and give her firesweep bow

Why not merge and take to preview, might be better? I personally don't like Firesweep, not a fan of having an archer who can't counterattack another ranged unit.

Mr. Virus

After a other full suite of 3* pulls I went back to the well with a single blue orb in the mix.

+Spd/-HP Charlotte. Bit of an odd one given that her A skill needs the HP, but kinda getting some of it back via the IV....

Sölf

Spent 91 orbs. First pull gave me a 5* Elise, but I already have one and she has the exact same stats (+HP -DEF). Then I got nothing notworthy, a 4* Oboro (only had 3*) and a 4* Lucius (didn't have one) were the most useful things.

But then... she appeared.

She may not have the best stats, but she is definitly the best character out of those 4. <3

Mupod

You know how this game goes, it'll probably be 150 orbs before you hope to find what you want and even then, it'll be +HP - ATK or something like that! I've settled for my -DEF + RES, going to give her brave bow + and just work with what I've got.

I'm just glad I got mine with the orbs gained from the new chapters, wouldn't have bothered otherwise because I'm playing this game less and less now.

yeah in the end I don't need her, and pulling on grey only would be terrible for me as I still need lots more inheritance fodder. I STILL have not found a Hinata and I used my last one back when I got Linde in the banner where they introduced Ninian. And I've focused on reds really hard lately, going after Ike and Celica.

I may wait a little bit and see what the Battling Camus banner looks like. Seems likely that there would be a strong axe user, and there aren't many who haven't already been in a battling X banner. Maybe Bartre, maybe even Hector. Would like Eldigan just because I have some ideas on how to use him and mine has crap IVs. I think we're also overdue for a 5* Odin appearance aka free Blarblade for Ursula.

Bovine

Neo Member
Pulled Bridal Lyn and Faye which is cool, but I wanted Cordelia... I'll try again later this week after getting the monthly orbs.

Rodin

So i got 2 Nowi in a row, now i have 4 of them.

5* + res -def (the one i brought to 5* level 40 before knowing about IVs, and the one i'm currently using)
5* +hp -def
4* +hp -res
4* +spd -res

Should i just sell the ones i don't use for feathers? Doesn't look like she has much for SI.

So i got 2 Nowi in a row, now i have 4 of them.

5* + res -def (the one i brought to 5* level 40 before knowing about IVs, and the one i'm currently using)
5* +hp -def
4* +hp -res
4* +spd -res

Should i just sell the ones i don't use for feathers? Doesn't look like she has much for SI.

Bump that +Spd up to 5* and merge them all. Nowi is a great unit with a really high BST for infantry. If you were to merge them she would have around the same BST as an armor unit and have D.C. Built in to the weapon.

Sushen

Went in for Cordelia, the first batch didn't even have a colorless. Still pulled all as I have decided as a f2p.

In the second batch, I've got Genny. Def+/res-, I guess, I should like it? The rest were all garbage tier and I'm more disappointed by no Hinata, haha.

Rodin

Lightning breath is pretty useful for any dragon with a decent atk stat.
The only other dragons i have are Female Corrin (which doesn't have a particularly high attack stat) and Adult Tiki (which already has lightning breath), but i don't really use them and i don't know their IVs atm.

Bump that +Spd up to 5* and merge them all. Nowi is a great unit with a really high BST for infantry. If you were to merge them she would have around the same BST as an armor unit and have D.C. Built in to the weapon.

Awesome, thanks. Should i bring the ones i merge to level 40 a well, or just merge all of them as they are into the +speed one when she's 5* level 40?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did a few pulls, got nothing. Eh, this probably wasn't a great banner to pull on anyway since there were only two orb colors that would give you anything.

And of course, each time I pulled there was only one banner color orb out of the 5 anyway lol.

Mupod

The only other dragons i have are Female Corrin (which doesn't have a particularly high attack stat) and Adult Tiki (which already has lightning breath), but i don't really use them and i don't know their IVs atm.

Awesome, thanks. Should i bring the ones i merge to level 40 a well, or just merge all of them as they are into the +speed one when she's 5* level 40?

there's no specific need to level a unit you merge into another, but if you're planning on doing a lot of inheritance it's a good way to farm up a ton of SP. There's also no reason to wait until she's 5* and 40, and a fully kitted-out Nowi will be easier to level to 40.

As an example I just merged 5 4* Olivias together. I had one 4* 40 with better IVs than the rest, and 4 low levels that I promoted into 4*. I leveled one of the spare 4* and merged the other 3 level 1s into her, which gave me something like 700+ extra SP to work with. I learned Wings of Mercy and Escutcheon on the +3 before merging her into my level 40 Olivia with better IVs. All the learned and unlearned skills get transferred over to the target unit, so she got those skills for free. Remember to MERGE, not inherit, I saw someone in here say they made that mistake once.

You might need to plan some stuff out to be as efficient as possible. You've got a few options with Nowi, especially a +SPD merged one. Fury/Vantage will work fine as will Triangle Adept/Quick Riposte. I doubt you have TA3/QR3 to go around so the former would yield a little more points in arena.

Of course this is all pointless if one of your Nowis is already fully set up. All that will get transferred.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Do you get SP if you merge units of different star ratings? Like, if I leveled up a 3* Olivia and merged her into a 5* Olivia, can I get SP that way?

SP grinding Olivia is a pain in the ass, so that might be a good way around it.

Rodin

there's no specific need to level a unit you merge into another, but if you're planning on doing a lot of inheritance it's a good way to farm up a ton of SP. There's also no reason to wait until she's 5* and 40, and a fully kitted-out Nowi will be easier to level to 40.

As an example I just merged 5 4* Olivias together. I had one 4* 40 with better IVs than the rest, and 4 low levels that I promoted into 4*. I leveled one of the spare 4* and merged the other 3 level 1s into her, which gave me something like 700+ extra SP to work with. I learned Wings of Mercy and Escutcheon on the +3 before merging her into my level 40 Olivia with better IVs. All the learned and unlearned skills get transferred over to the target unit, so she got those skills for free. Remember to MERGE, not inherit, I saw someone in here say they made that mistake once.

You might need to plan some stuff out to be as efficient as possible. You've got a few options with Nowi, especially a +SPD merged one. Fury/Vantage will work fine as will Triangle Adept/Quick Riposte. I doubt you have TA3/QR3 to go around so the former would yield a little more points in arena.

Of course this is all pointless if one of your Nowis is already fully set up. All that will get transferred.

Very informative, thanks.

Mupod

Do you get SP if you merge units of different star ratings? Like, if I leveled up a 3* Olivia and merged her into a 5* Olivia, can I get SP that way?

SP grinding Olivia is a pain in the ass, so that might be a good way around it.

You only get a set amount of SP for merging a unit in. You don't get much for giving a 3* Olivia to a 5*. However, as I said in my previous post, you can get around this by using the system where merges bring over all their learned and unlearned skills. So you level up, inherit a few skills, learn them and THEN merge.

While merging I did notice that the set amount of SP you get for merging in seems to increase the larger the merge ball gets. The +3 gave I think 240 SP when merged into the +0. I wasn't paying full attention so maybe someone knows more about this.

The problem here of course is that leveling and farming SP on Olivia fucking sucks which is why I did all that in the first place. Even if I end up just promoting to 5*, creating the merged 4* got me so much SP that it was worth it.

StAidan

Well, I spent about 120 orbs and came out with one 5*, a Bridal Cordelia +spd/-atk... which isn't entirely terrible, though certainly not ideal.

I might pull some more, I really wanted Lyn for that new counter-canceling skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom