• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still torn on how I feel about the swimsuit banner but I'll probably pull anyways.

...the wait for the Christmas banner for my Santa Birb is getting harder.

Golnei

No characters I particularly care for on the swimsuit banner. Halloween it is, need me some Wickeed Witch Tharja.

As much sense as it makes, I'm not sure if they'll do a version for her there - they've seemed to be pretty averse to repeating themed characters so far. Even Robin had gender variants between the Christmas and summer banners.

Ondore

/sees Frederick

200.gif

Draxal

There's like no popular character headlining this banner, it's actually pretty weird.

Robin (F) and Tiki are big, and Gaisus did well in the Awakening poll.

Obviously not as big as Lyn, but I think Lyn doing as well in that recent poll surprised Int Sys a ton.

And i'm almost expecting a second swimsuit banner.

It might be due to some decency laws or something. Or maybe there's just an unwritten rule that nipples are too much for the public.
It's nothing like that, lots of Japanese games have shirtless men with their nipples showing. It's just a strange trend among some artists.

Though with Frederick, that part of his pecs is obscured in all his pics so we don't know if his artist adheres to that.

spiritfox

Obviously not as big as Lyn, but I think Lyn doing as well in that recent poll surprised Int Sys a ton.

They certainly are big 🤔

Dangit Gaius,at least you know, have the arrow on the bowstring if you want to aim it.

If I somehow end up with summer Gaius I won't ever use him because of that picture, bugs me way too much.

Robin and Tiki are not that popular, my definition is probably more restrictive than yours because I'm not even sure I'd put Cordelia in that category.

Robin and Tiki are not that popular, my definition is probably more restrictive than yours because I'm not even sure I'd put Cordelia in that category.
All four characters were in the top 75 combined in the Heroes poll, which when stacked against over 700 characters, is pretty popular IMO. And Frederick has gained popularity since the initial Awakening poll in Japan, finishing above guys he was once beaten by.

I'm glad to see IntSys not restricting things to just the very pinnacle of the popularity scale though. That would get old fast.

Wiseblade

All four characters were in the top 75 combined in the Heroes poll, which when stacked against over 700 characters, is pretty popular IMO. And Frederick has gained popularity since the initial Awakening poll in Japan, finishing above guys he was once beaten by.

I'm glad to see IntSys not restricting things to just the very pinnacle of the popularity scale though. That would get old fast.
I hope you're ready to join me in the ocean.

Draxal

They can't throw Lucina and Lyn in every limited banner, they will have to spread them out.

And, to be honest since we only have Awakening characters in this one I'm almost expecting another swimsuit banner.

They can't throw Lucina and Lyn in every limited banner, they will have to spread them out.

And, to be honest since we only have Awakening characters in this one I'm almost expecting another swimsuit banner.

There's still Ike/Roy/Hector/Marth who haven't been used yet! (also Tharja but she's in the Christmas one so I'll count that as already showing up despite it coming way later)

Draxal

There's still Ike/Roy/Hector/Marth who haven't been used yet! (also Tharja but she's in the Christmas one so I'll count that as already showing up despite it coming way later)

To be honest , these assets were made a while ago, and Intelligent Systems probably thought Caeda was the big unit of her banner.

As for the poll, tbh it showed that Awakening itself is extremely popular and they are taking advantage of it.

Golnei

As I said before, I think the choices of less popular characters here could be a conscious decision to spread out themed variants in the first year, at least - no additional Lucinas, Camillas or Tharjas would seem very strange if they were up for consideration.

"Ylissean Summers" basically confirms it. How soon they'll do it is another question - it might just be an annual thing.

They could've thrown a curveball and given Celica / Alm in swimsuits. Hell, go older with Marth / Caeda or the biggest curveball with Roy / Lilina.

Golnei

Just be happy Nowi isn't in this.

They have been suspiciously quiet on the loli front. Halloween or Nohrian Summer Elise might alleviate the absence, but it does seem odd that the Easter, Bride and Summer banners came and went without anything other than an aged-down, Awakening Micaiah-esque Lucina.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tiki's a nice girl. Gonna try to pull her.

Hopefully swimsuit Tiki is a bit better than current adult Tiki.

kewlmyc

As much sense as it makes, I'm not sure if they'll do a version for her there - they've seemed to be pretty averse to repeating themed characters so far. Even Robin had gender variants between the Christmas and summer banners.

Tharja hasn't had a variant yet. Halloween seems like the perfect time to do one for her.

EDIT: Oh, she's going to be part of the Christmas banner. Nevermind.

Ninferno

Will wait for the data of the first hour or two before picking sides. I only have Sakura, Lachesis, Maria, and Lissa. Sakura vs Elise is going to be a bloody shitshow so I'm definitely not picking Sakura for the 1st round. Lissa is widely available and will be relatively popular because of Awakening. That leaves me with either Lachesis or Maria, pending the 1st hour result.

_Legacy_

Will wait for the data of the first hour or two before picking sides. I only have Sakura, Lachesis, Maria, and Lissa. Sakura vs Elise is going to be a bloody shitshow so I'm definitely not picking Sakura for the 1st round. Lissa is widely available and will be relatively popular because of Awakening. That leaves me with either Lachesis or Maria, pending the 1st hour result.

Elise is going to win

NawtKool

Neo Member
After this many Gauntlets, you'd think people would stop leaving their main unit as the same color as the team. Doubly worse if that unit is also a healer. :(

I won't compete this time. I've been burned out from these events, and I will just slow down. I have so many Feathers already. I picked Clarine, and I'll just use 200 Flags whenever a multiplier appears during the whole event.

Arena is much easier this season, but the bonus units are pretty weak. My perfect streak is 4784, so I'm fine. I used 5* Jakob as a Reciprocal Aid bot. I could have gone over 4800, but I want to avoid frustration. I don't even know if I want to earn all possible flags from Arena.

I know that I will never go below tier 17 at the very least.

ggx2ac

I hate that there are people using healers as their leader. (As in, what ends up being my ally, not what you use to earn points.)

I have to use my healer to earn points, my leader being sent to help others is Klein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom