• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Gonna be a easy week, already got two defenses after getting 7 last week. Sitting in T20 planning on dropping to T19 and don't really need the feathers from grinding out all those voting quests.

Is the voting lead the same as the defense lead?

Also FGO was a big whiff for me, sticking with FEH.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm on Team Elise, and I keep getting this +10 Rein in my voting gauntlet fights.

Thanks, whoever you are.

Weebos

Banned
So I pulled a 5* Titania...

Who gets to eat her?

She is one of my favorite units. She eats blues for lunch. I use her in Horse Emblem currently.

I think I will eventually swap out her Emerald Axe for something, but I don't have the fodder for it yet.

Roman

She is one of my favorite units. She eats blues for lunch. I use her in Horse Emblem currently.

I think I will eventually swap out her Emerald Axe for something, but I don't have the fodder for it yet.

Agreed. Titania is anything but skill fodder. Her perception problem is just that she only unlocks her full potential with Distant Counter - similarly to Camilla.

Weebos

Banned
Agreed. Titania is anything but skill fodder. Her perception problem is just that she only unlocks her full potential with Distant Counter - similarly to Camilla.

One day I'll have an extra Hector to feed to her. One day.

One day I'll have a Hector.

Semajer

I have the following 4* units spare and I need to cull some of my characters:

Sully Spur Def 3
Hawkeye Threaten Atk 3
Cecilia Escape Route 3
Virion Seal Spd 3
Felicia Breath of Life 3
Saizo Poison Strike 3
Kagero Daggerbreaker 3
Hinata Fury 3

Which units would benefit most from each of the inherited skills? I'm not bothered about being super efficient, I need space for more summons.

Roman

Sully Spur Def 3
Hawkeye Threaten Atk 3
Cecilia Escape Route 3
Virion Seal Spd 3
Felicia Breath of Life 3
Saizo Poison Strike 3
Kagero Daggerbreaker 3
Hinata Fury 3

Which units would benefit most from each of the inherited skills? I'm not bothered about being super efficient, I need space for more summons.

It would help to know what the units are that you use for arena etc.

Akuun

Sully Spur Def 3
Hawkeye Threaten Atk 3
Cecilia Escape Route 3
Virion Seal Spd 3
Felicia Breath of Life 3
Saizo Poison Strike 3
Kagero Daggerbreaker 3
Hinata Fury 3

Threaten Atk is good for tanky, counterattack-based units that you park in front of enemy units as bait.

Poison Strike is good for patching up low attack units, or for ranged units that are designed to hang back and chip away at the enemy. Great against super tanky enemy units, but it's a super niche use.

Fury is super valuable, and you shouldn't throw it away just to make space.

Semajer

It would help to know what the units are that you use for arena etc.

I don't take the arena that seriously. I use: Young Tiki, Ninian, Takumi, and Lissa, swapping out Lissa for bonus units that I've already trained. I usually end up in rank 15 if I don't use a bonus unit, or rank 17 if I do.

Here are my 4* and 5* units:

www.imgur.com/a/eqsHt
www.imgur.com/a/A8INP
www.imgur.com/a/KDk3Q
www.imgur.com/a/cTPd3

A lot of my 5* have -attack as their bane.

Threaten Atk is good for tanky, counterattack-based units that you park in front of enemy units as bait.

Poison Strike is good for patching up low attack units, or for ranged units that are designed to hang back and chip away at the enemy. Great against super tanky enemy units, but it's a super niche use.

Fury is super valuable, and you shouldn't throw it away just to make space.

Thanks. I have three 3* Hinata in reserve, only one is ready to go to 4* to pass on Fury.

Semajer

Just keep them. You'll always get more feathers, but you might not get more Hinatas.

I'm not touching the Hinatas for the time being except for the one ready to pass on Fury. I don't usually send units home. I prefer to get them to 4* and pass on their skill chains.

So the strategy for this gauntlet is basically just using 200 flags whenever a bonus is up isn't it? I mean, sure the bonus could go higher, but there is no certainty at all it will.

Well, that and saving some flags for getting bigger bonuses from the inevitable landslide victory of the Fates sisters.

Bamboo 竹;241963470 said:
Anyone knows the max points you can get from a Guantlet match with just friends and unit leader multipliers applied?

110 * flags used

PMS341

Interesting. I have been hoarding her SP, but her recommended builds all seem to be based around Distant Counter. Anything that requires a bit less investment you'd recommend?

lt519

This defensive team is just feasting, 3 already. Not sure what I'm gonna do next week when Camus rotates off.

Interesting. I have been hoarding her SP, but her recommended builds all seem to be based around Distant Counter. Anything that requires a bit less investment you'd recommend?

I run her on defense with my cavalry team and she uses Hone Cavalry. No A and B skill yet but Recipricol Aid has stayed and gave her Iceberg. I'm afraid to change/toy with anything as it's working well for defense. Not sure what A and B would be for offense when I finish her (maybe Fury/Renewal and go full support/niche), but she was a beast in Tempest final map dealing with Blue characters and could even take a hit from Veronica.

Achtius

Tier 20 arena is brutal....reindardt everywhere with the walled map.

Saw a Hector with panic ploy. Jokes on him since all my buffs are goad or ward.

Do you think they'll do a qol update where all the sp from a merged unit get transfer, instead of just skills?

So many crests wasted picking fights because on my 7th fight, for the first time ever, instead of attacking me, Azura prioritized a dance on a character that could not even attack. I never been so angry at this game...

PK Gaming

150 orbs later, 2 Sakuras, 1 Takumi, still no Elise. ._.
But I got a Takumi which means CLOSE COUNTER ELISE, LETS GO

Looks easy enough. Camp TA+QR Xander on fort 1 tile south of sword cavalier, watch things die.

Watch as this blows up in my face. >.>

You want to make Elise as strong as possible, right? Then don't waste Takumi for a skill that will barely benefit her. Hook her up with Attack +3 or Speed +3 instead.

EDIT: Or maybe even HP +5

lt519

Pony Emblem is nice. Especially because people need to do the Arena quests for orbs.

Yeah, I'm at 4 defenses now, the weak bonus characters and quests are all contributing. It slows down significantly later in the week too, I think I had this many through one day last week and then only 3 for the rest of the week.

Weebos

Banned

I run Fury/Green Tomebreaker/Horse Buffs.

She can tank/kill any blue and she puts in work against greens, but she completely folds to reds.

She fills a perfect hole in my Horse Emblem team, but without Distant Counter and some other skills she probably won't do well outside of Horse Emblem.

You want to make Elise as strong as possible, right? Then don't waste Takumi for a skill that will barely benefit her. Hook her up with Attack +3 or Speed +3 instead.

She actually has all of those. :D

I'm aware her HP+Def isn't exactly the best (and -HP isn't helping) for Close Counter; had her survive an attack by Ike (who she was forced to tank because I mispositioned Cecilia) by one HP only because she was packing the HP+3 seal and Xander gave her an additional 2 Def through the Spur Def seal.

It's a For Fun thing more than anything~. It's just sooo dumb when she tanks something then Wrathful Absorbs her way back to full health. lol

Draxal

Elise is getting all the skills end of story.

Gotta respect that.

PK Gaming

She actually has all of those. :D

I'm aware her HP+Def isn't exactly the best (and -HP isn't helping) for Close Counter; had her survive an attack by Ike (who she was forced to tank because I mispositioned Cecilia) by one HP only because she was packing the HP+3 seal and Xander gave her an additional 2 Def through the Spur Def seal.

It's a For Fun thing more than anything~. It's just sooo dumb when she tanks something then Wrathful Absorbs her way back to full health. lol

Ohhh I had no idea.

Guess that's fine then. You do you!

Akuun

Another run boned. Baited Camus with Nowi, and it turns out Camus had Ignis, Quickened Pulse, and a rally from a friendly unit. Ignis kicked in and blew up Nowi.

Flyer Emblem is no problem. It's the horse teams that bother me.

The scores are so hilariously inflated this gauntlet

Screenshot_2017-06-27-12-12-44.png

What if Sakura wins because they give a last minute catchup.

As the match progresses, the gaps required to initiate a burst should be so great that a 7.5x multiplier shouldn't really matter, at least in theory. A little earlier today, I do recall Team Sakura needing more than a 1-hour burst to catch up and surpass Team Elise. When all was said and done, Team Elise managed to catch up again easily without a burst of their own. If you think of that earlier burst as a single 7.somethingx burst instead of 3 or 4.something, it should say a lot about Team Elise's strength.

If it comes down to it, we'll just burn 200 flags every fight at the end even when Team Sakura gets a final 7.5x burst.

lt519

The scores are so hilariously inflated this gauntlet

Which is why I'm not bothering to do all the tower quests, etc. Kinda discouraging actually when I know Lachesis is probably not going to get a boost and 100 of my flags are equal worth 450 to someone else.

As the match progresses, the gaps required to initiate a burst should be so great that a 7.5x multiplier shouldn't really matter, at least in theory.

Yup, it's the same thing as last time just with bigger numbers. It won't change shit about the final results, all it does is make aiming for a top comulative score a pain.

Probably gonna get stuck with a collection of green 3*s soon thanks to Summer Tiki playing hard to get. Chose Lissa on the gauntlet, in a tight race with Mist. Sometimes I wonder if Lissa's popularity is compromised by that goofy art, compared to her Awakening self.

Seeing a lot more Azura out there in Arena now. I'm on 16, just getting my 3500 more or less each week with my non-equestrians (except a hard-working Peri) and leave it at that.

Add: and aside from looks, that Lance Valor on Swimsuit Female Robin would be something for my lance users (I have Axe Exp via Spring Chrom, Sword Exp on Athena)...so lots of blue as well as green during this event obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom