• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Legacy_

How the hell does one beat Takumi? He certainly seems OP as all hell, and 90% of the arena matches I have lost are because of him. I wish I had one of my own, but I have yet to get that lucky.

If you can bait him and finish with a unit that can ORKO, or have a Hector who can bait and watch Takumi suicide on enemy round. MRobin and Cecilia with default weapons and Triangle Advantage turn him into a joke. Some of the GHB horse units have weapons that grant ranged counter attack like Xander or Camus. Brave weapon units or Reinhardt/Olwen can also do the job in one round if he's in range.

Takumi was extremely popular at the start but I think it was the MRobin banner that pretty much made Takumi irrelevant. I still see him from time to time but he was nearly in every defence I faced when the game first came out.

Mupod

So I'm building Hector right now and I see a lot of people recommend Wings of Mercy over Vantage for him. I haven't used WoM before but is it really that good? In my head Vantage sounds ridiculously good on Hector

Wings of Mercy is mostly for an annoying surprise on defense teams. If you have Pivot on him and Reposition on someone else, there will be no problem keeping him up with your team.

Vantage is good on him and is on 99% of Hectors out there. I also have G Tomebreaker 3 on mine which can be useful on certain teams. I'd like to see them make Guard more available as I feel like his major weakness is Moonbow/Luna these days.

Takumi was extremely popular at the start but I think it was the MRobin banner that pretty much made Takumi irrelevant.

Considering that was literally the first banner of the game I kinda doubt it. I feel his disappearance is just simple power creep from when inheritance was introduced.

Mupod

looking like this will be my first season without a defense since I started doing arena...I tried multiple teams and nothing worked. I usually have 3-4 without really making anything obnoxious but even my planned-out teams didn't get anything.

Sterok

Sweet, time to make good use of Celica... What do you mean she's not a bonus unit? This is stupid. At least Sharena is pretty good.

Draxal

How the hell does one beat Takumi? He certainly seems OP as all hell, and 90% of the arena matches I have lost are because of him. I wish I had one of my own, but I have yet to get that lucky.

Most good units orko him now, or tank him and hit him harder (xander/hector), or one shot him in general (blade users especially cav blade users).

So I'm building Hector right now and I see a lot of people recommend Wings of Mercy over Vantage for him. I haven't used WoM before but is it really that good? In my head Vantage sounds ridiculously good on Hector

I run WoM on him and it's a great ability to have especially when a blue is attacking a unit that cavalry cannot get to. He ends up either killing the blue unit or is a good meat shield.

MANUELF

Banned
looking like this will be my first season without a defense since I started doing arena...I tried multiple teams and nothing worked. I usually have 3-4 without really making anything obnoxious but even my planned-out teams didn't get anything.

I got 3 by putting Katarina in front and hiding Camus, Xander and Reinhardt behind her

Worse case scenario, I let him shoot my Ryoma. Then heal him back up with Linde and Setsuna.

Takumi? Maybe he still dominates the tiers below 17, but he is not a big problem at high-level play even with Vantage 3. He's really fallen from grace.

For me, Bridal Cordelia is the absolute biggest ranged threat in the game. Not even my Hector or TA3 Robin(M) can survive against certain builds.

Reinhardt also gives people lots of trouble. I counter him, because Julia is a staple on my core Arena team.

Celica, Linde, Nino, and Kagero are also other ranged threats. With the right skillset and team support, the list of Heroes who outclass Takumi grows even bigger.

Draxal

Takumi? Maybe he still dominates the tiers below 17, but he is not a big problem at high-level play even with Vantage 3. He's really fallen from grace.

For me, Bridal Cordelia is the absolute biggest ranged threat in the game. Not even my Hector or TA3 Robin(M) can survive against certain builds.

Reinhardt also gives people lots of trouble. I counter him, because Julia is a staple on my core Arena team.

Celica, Linde, Nino, and Kagero are also other ranged threats. With the right skillset and team support, the list of Heroes who outclass Takumi grows even bigger.

Takumi is still very good in a world without skill inheritance, he falls apart in that world.

MicH

I just want to thank everyone for your help so far. I really appreciate it :D

So now I'm trying build a team but I'm a bit unsure about how to go about it. Right up to now I've basically just relied on a team consisting of Hector, Takumi, Tiki (Young) and Robin (M) for everything, but I'm finding Arena a big challenge and the same for a lot of the newer Lunatic quests. So I hope some of you can help me build a decent team. I'm currently working on getting a lot of skills inherited on my Hector, but here's the rest of my units:

RHAbZapl.jpg

iEU7eDdl.jpg

Also starting work on Mae for the upcoming TT

PMS341

So now I'm trying build a team but I'm a bit unsure about how to go about it. Right up to now I've basically just relied on a team consisting of Hector, Takumi, Tiki (Young) and Robin (M) for everything, but I'm finding Arena a big challenge and the same for a lot of the newer Lunatic quests. So I hope some of you can help me build a decent team. I'm currently working on getting a lot of skills inherited on my Hector, but here's the rest of my units:

RHAbZapl.jpg

iEU7eDdl.jpg

Can't ever go wrong with Kagero imo. She's just so good at 5*. I'm not certain how the new Frederick is (I just pulled a +SPD - RES one myself), so hard to say about that colorless. Male Robin would make a great second ranged character as well.

Weebos

Banned
Was bored but the banners are bad. I decided to pull on the Tempest one anyway. 68 orbs and I pulled a 5 star Effie (+HP, -SPD) and some middling skill fodder. Managed to almost complete Effie though, only real thing she is missing is a Brave Lance. I'm leveling her and newly promoted Nowi for the Tempest Trials 2.0.

Got a Lukas and Cherche too, but both have -ATK IVs, if they had been neutral or better I would feel better about that summoning session. Still, hard to complain about a nice Effie.

Spoit

Wow. I did not know that. So is it best to just forfeit right away with a 4x bonus unit than to fight with it?

Also, can you use more than one bonus unit or do they not stack?

With the new change, where it keeps the lowest of 20% off their health, or however much damage they took, it's probably worth it to just go ahead and run in to suicide. You'd probably do more damage than the 20% off from just surrendering.

Hylian7

Takumi's okay. Was able to pull 2 of them. Usually, you can kill Takumi's by having a mage with a colorless advantage tome (MRobin, Celcila), a beefy unit with defense like Effie or Hector, or if you have a character with Vantage, put the unit in range and let him knock him out.

it's been so long since Takumi was considered OP I had to check to make sure I wasn't in OT1...

seriously though, triangle adept on a -raven tome user like Robin or Cecilia is his hard counter. But any magic damage will do the job, he has no res at all. Just be wary of Vantage as it will be on almost every Takumi you see.

If you post your team I can offer some suggestions.

If you can bait him and finish with a unit that can ORKO, or have a Hector who can bait and watch Takumi suicide on enemy round. MRobin and Cecilia with default weapons and Triangle Advantage turn him into a joke. Some of the GHB horse units have weapons that grant ranged counter attack like Xander or Camus. Brave weapon units or Reinhardt/Olwen can also do the job in one round if he's in range.

Takumi was extremely popular at the start but I think it was the MRobin banner that pretty much made Takumi irrelevant. I still see him from time to time but he was nearly in every defence I faced when the game first came out.

I probably should have prefaced my question with the fact that I haven't been super hardcore into the game, but do play somewhat frequently. That said, with my selection of 5* units, I don't know if I have the ability to counter him. I may have to pull in 4* units, but will that be enough to beat a 5* Takumi?

This is my main team:

5* Azura Level 31, 28 HP, 37 Atk, 14 Def, 32 Spd, 22 Res - Sapphire Lance+, Sing, Speed, Fortify Res 3

5* Corrin (male) Level 36, 36 HP, 47 Atk, 31 Def, 30 Spd, 22 Res - Yato, Dragon Fang, Defense +3, Obstruct +3

5* Fae Level 33, 39 HP, 41 Atk, 23 Def, 26 Spd, 27 Res - Light Breath+, Draw Back, Renewal 3, Threaten Atk 2

4* Clarine Level 32, 31 HP, 22 Atk, 18 Def, 29 Spd, 26 Res - Fear, Martyr, Swift-Winds Balm, Resistance +2

Clarine is the weakest link on that team for sure, but I don't have a better healer, at least one that's leveled appropriately. It also sucks that I don't have any 5* ranged units.

Semajer

How should I set up a +atk -def Cordelia? I plan to 5* her and then merge my -atk one into her. My half-arsed attempt at flier emblem is just level 40 4* Caeda and Palla with their natural flier skills.

Draxal

How should I set up a +atk -def Cordelia? I plan to 5* her and then merge my -atk one into her. My half-arsed attempt at flier emblem is just level 40 4* Caeda and Palla with their natural flier skills.

Brave, Reposition, Galeforced or moonbow, Death blow, Hit and Run, Hone fliers or threaten attack.

If she was speed Cordelia I would go firesweep with life and death or swift sparrow.

Juni_

You shouldn't use healers in arena, and you can give fae lightning breath from an adult tiki for some range
Altho fae wouldn't help that much with takumi.

PK Gaming

I probably should have prefaced my question with the fact that I haven't been super hardcore into the game, but do play somewhat frequently. That said, with my selection of 5* units, I don't know if I have the ability to counter him. I may have to pull in 4* units, but will that be enough to beat a 5* Takumi?

This is my main team:

5* Azura Level 31, 28 HP, 37 Atk, 14 Def, 32 Spd, 22 Res - Sapphire Lance+, Sing, Speed, Fortify Res 3

5* Corrin (male) Level 36, 36 HP, 47 Atk, 31 Def, 30 Spd, 22 Res - Yato, Dragon Fang, Defense +3, Obstruct +3

5* Fae Level 33, 39 HP, 41 Atk, 23 Def, 26 Spd, 27 Res - Light Breath+, Draw Back, Renewal 3, Threaten Atk 2

4* Clarine Level 32, 31 HP, 22 Atk, 18 Def, 29 Spd, 26 Res - Fear, Martyr, Swift-Winds Balm, Resistance +2

Clarine is the weakest link on that team for sure, but I don't have a better healer, at least one that's leveled appropriately. It also sucks that I don't have any 5* ranged units.

You're struggling because you don't have a single unit that can kill him on enemy phase. Try to 5 star a ranged unit, a top tier one if possible.

Roman

RHAbZapl.jpg

iEU7eDdl.jpg

I don't know what arena tier you're in but Ike/Nowi/Hector+bonus unit is a solid arena core. Admittedly it will have trouble tanking blue magic especially Reinhardt but the only solution to that I see in that box is Anna or Emerald Axe Camilla.

This is my main team:

It would be best to train your units to 40 and not use a healer.

Both of you are very welcome to ask about team building and arena in the Discord server linked in the OP. We have a lot of helpful competitive players.

Samstrike

I don't have any of the bonus units for the tempest so I decided to pull on the banner. Spend 50 orbs and got nothing worthwhile. Decided to stop because I don't even like any of those units and I'm not gonna use all my orbs.

But it kinda suck because the grind in the last tempest was killing me and now i don't even have a 40% bonus. Guess if I want to keep my sanity I will go for 50k point instead of 140k like last time (yeah I wanted to stay in the top 1000).

Semajer

I wonder how the betting will work on this new Bonds Battle thing. I don't really want to risk my orbs when I still haven't got Tiki from the summer banner.

Sushen

I'm throwing every orbs I get to the summer banner for no good. Are the units actually good like Bridelia or Bunnycilla? I question if I should keep going.

Roman

I'm throwing every orbs I get to the summer banner for no good. Are the units actually good like Bridelia or Bunnycilla? I question if I should keep going.

Absolutely not. Gaius is a better Setsuna but that's as high tier as they get.

They're not so good out of the box, but Robin, Tiki, and Gaius will score many KOs with the right builds. They have good offensive stats, but each of them needs heavy skill inheritance.

Fred is solely for debuffing/support and functions as a much improved Jakob. I don't particularly care for him.

They're not so good out of the box, but Robin, Tiki, and Gaius will score many KOs with the right builds. They have good offensive stats, but each of them needs heavy skill inheritance.

Fred is solely for debuffing/support and functions as a much improved Jakob. I don't particularly care for him.
Frederick has enough for a Kagero build too with the right nature.

Ninferno

I wonder how the betting will work on this new Bonds Battle thing. I don't really want to risk my orbs when I still haven't got Tiki from the summer banner.

That is just poor translation bro. The original Japanese text doesn't mention a thing about betting. It is just a fancy way of saying "compete to get the orb rewards". No worries.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Time to level up a separate team for tempest so that if I decide to grind, I can at least get a ton of hero merit.

Mae actually seems pretty decent. The owl tome seems like she would be a good magic tank, since it's easier to set someone up with 3 adjacent units on defense.

Maybe I'll promote her for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom