• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

TA only applies if you have a weapon advantage. Colorless units have no weapon advantage against other colors so TA is wasted and puts you at a disadvantage against Raven tome users if they aren't already using it themselves.
I meant if you're unit has triangle adept equipped, would it affect against colorless opponents?

Scum

Just use your gauntlet feathers. ;)

Xlz1iA4.png

kewlmyc

Team Elise might lose this one. What an upset.

That or Japan wakes up soon and blows it out of the water like they did during the Sakura round.

Sushen

Gauntlet score is so close, it's funny how much peoples are holding back all the way to the end. It'll be crazy at the end.

sense

Just holding for one last multiplier lol. Only have 400 flags anyways. Took advantage of three multipliers for Priscilla so far

Team Elise might lose this one. What an upset.

That or Japan wakes up soon and blows it out of the water like they did during the Sakura round.

Nah, Elise is making back ground on the bonus Priscilla got that was never reciprocated. Should have the lead by the final hour and I'm expecting a blowout from the final contributions.

Ondore

So I was digging through the barracks and found a 3* version of a character with a way better IV than the 4* version I was going to promote to 5*. If I merge the 4 into the 3, does that give the 3 the 4's skills, or do they have to be the same rarity?

And should I burn a couple of skills on the 4 before I merge them or will their 400+ SP carry over? (I suspect the former)

So I was digging through the barracks and found a 3* version of a character with a way better IV than the 4* version I was going to promote to 5*. If I merge the 4 into the 3, does that give the 3 the 4's skills, or do they have to be the same rarity?

And should I burn a couple of skills on the 4 before I merge them or will their 400+ SP carry over? (I suspect the former)

Upgrade your 3* to 4* so when you merge them they'll be +1 and you'll save some feathers when you upgrade to 5*. All skills learned and unlearned get passed to the recipient unit. SP does not.

spiritfox

The skills should carry over, but not the SP. Learned skills on the 4* will remain learned on the 3*, so learn any skills before merging. Just keep in mind that any merge bonuses will not carry over on promotion, so I recommend promoting the 3* to 4* before merging to reducing the feather cost to bring it to 5*.

kewlmyc

Looking at the gains, it'll take Team Priscilla blowing it out the water, not Elise. We're set to take it in 2 hours.

Nah, Elise is making back ground on the bonus Priscilla got that was never reciprocated. Should have the lead by the final hour and I'm expecting a blowout from the final contributions.

Yeah, we're only 2,000,000 behind now with 2 hours left. Guess I spoke too soon.

Ondore

Will definitely merge at 4, so I'll have a nice pool of SP to gain for higher level weapons and a special move. Thanks, all.

Gauntlets remain the worst part of this game. There is zero incentive to get really involved unless you are absolutely obsessed with getting the most feathers possible.

Every winner was easily predicted from the start, and even if there's an upset, it doesn't matter. Whoever wins is basically irrelevant since it provides no worthwhile reward. It's just a time sink.

spiritfox

Gauntlets remain the worst part of this game. There is zero incentive to get really involved unless you are absolutely obsessed with getting the most feathers possible.

Every winner was easily predicted from the start, and even if there's an upset, it doesn't matter. Whoever wins is basically irrelevant since it provides no worthwhile reward. It's just a time sink.

I think the concept is fun enough (popularity contests can be interesting), but the execution is just bad from the beginning.

Tripon

I need more feathers to upgrade my 4* Masked Marth. Because I didn't want to grind to 30K to get the 5* version. So now I'm grinding for feathers again.

I made my own mess.

kewlmyc

Would be cool if the winners were put into some sort of hero fest banner with higher percentage for focus 5*s or promised a special unit at some point in the future (though all the winners sans Elise have a special unit out now or in the horizon).

That or just throw orbs in somewhere.

Would be cool if the winners were put into some sort of hero fest banner with higher percentage for focus 5*s or promised a special unit at some point in the future (though all the winners sans Elise have a special unit out now or in the horizon).

We get 20 10 orbs a few days later.

The problem with gauntlets is that the two goals of it (supporting your favorite character and getting feathers) directly conflict with each other.

Feathers have to be separated from your team choice, which means nuking the army victory bonus for one and readjusting how rank rewards work.

I think the concept is fun enough (popularity contests can be interesting), but the execution is just bad from the beginning.
They can be interesting, but as it stands now they add no inherent value to the game. Yes we all need feathers, but you get them from everything regardless. The mode needs something more to make the time spent worthwhile. (And it needs to better respect the time of the players.)

That would be cool, but all the winners so far have been the uber popular (female) characters that will be featured heavily no matter what.

I think they should alternate between this type of Gauntlet, with some much needed procedural changes, with a Gauntlet of 8 totally new units. All they would do is reveal the characters themselves and their weapon type, but no info on their skills. Then don't have any banners yet, just start the Gauntlet. Whomever the last two characters left are, offer them both as prizes for players. No matter which team you join you'll get a character afterwards, the losing side getting a 3* version of their chosen character, and the winning side getting a 4* version of their chosen character. These characters would have all their skills locked behind their 5* rank so all you get is a weapon and a blank canvas unless you want to invest in them.

Then whichever unit wins, they can include them in a special post Gauntlet banner (preferably a skill focused one so it still has general appeal), ahead of a planned regular debut alongside whatever other characters would normally debut with them. (All eight characters would all be added to the game eventually via normal banners, but this type of Gauntlet would provide an opportunity to nab someone early.)

Krorg

I'm not usually a fan of gauntlet but I do like that it makes some use of the friend list. The best part is trying out characters that I don't have.

At least the multiplier made things interesting this time.

Draxal

to be honest, i love gauntlets cause the rewards aren't great so its a good time to not play as much (fuck you tempest).

MANUELF

Banned
From the 4 gauntlets so far here are my results

1.- Sharena - Lost first round against Lucina

2.- Camilla - WON!!!!

3.- MRobin - Got second place

4.- Elise - WON!!!!

I feel this is the gauntlet I've played the least so far and yet this is my highest rank by far. I didn't even have a bonus unit for round 3 and couldn't use 400 flags during a bonus.

The multipliers really were ridiculous as fuck.

5400 feathers from round 3. Not bad

Seems like if you don't get that initial rush of bonuses you aren't scoring shit. I ranked 1782 in Team Elise and I only joined for the final. Fortunately for me the reset is at 5pm local time so I think I hit all the bonuses.

Mupod

I was top 500 for Elise, without an Elise, solely because I randomly woke up at a weird time and decided to check the gauntlet. Pure skill.

Still had like 1900 flags left due to being too lazy to offer up 200 each hour lol. But then again, I only chose Elise due to easy feathers lol.

My Gauntlet experience so far:

1 - Team Lucina all the way
2 - Reluctantly joined team Camilla after losing in the first round
3 - Team M!Robin all the way
4 - Team Elise despite having all the other healers in the gauntlet (and knowing she was going to win anyways)

I feel this is the gauntlet I've played the least so far and yet this is my highest rank by far. I didn't even have a bonus unit for round 3 and couldn't use 400 flags during a bonus.

The multipliers really were ridiculous as fuck.

You literally didn't sleep during any of these. I said I was going to slow down this, but I actually stayed up late just to hit all of Priscilla's bonuses. I slept during Round 2 multipliers.

I still played far more than anticipated, because my overall score was 1,859,060 and my rank was 4631. I had 200 Flags left, because I got connection errors during the final hour.

spiritfox

Crossasking from the other FE thread

Whats the best 3DS Fire Emblem game for a newbie/first timer???

I know so many of the characters because of this game. :)

Awakening would be the best. It's where a lot of people started too.

Another Tempest coming soon, this time focused on Echoes. Are we getting Conrad this time round?
Looks like it's Tobin instead.

Edit: Also arena bonus heroes. https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/881770389927374848

Ninferno

Uh, Tobin actually debuts as a Tempest award (and he is actually shown as a red sword instead of his canon archer class)... Fuck, now at least 30k is a must. I just hope the 50K seal this time is something we can live without then. I beg you IS, do not force me to grind by throw upon us a mini Distant Counter Seal or some stupid shit like that.

And WHY ON EARTH IS CELICA NOT ON THE BANNER? I would have dumped all my 100+ newly saved up orbs for a second chance with her. Errrrh. Team Celica got robbed so freaking hard too, with Clair and Lukas already in there, wouldn't Saber make more sense than Tobin?

Sushen

I want to promote a unit to 5* among Frederick, Legion, Titania and Clarisse. The main purpose is to use in the arena. Frederick and Titania will be used NOT in a horse team. I can give them brave axe+.

What would be most useful in different teams?

Ninferno

BTW, they didn't announce how long the arena bonus char is going to last. Not a good sign there... Although with Project Sophia in my possession, I actually won't mind if it last for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom