• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You literally didn't sleep during any of these. I said I was going to slow down this, but I actually stayed up late just to hit all of Priscilla's bonuses. I slept during Round 2 multipliers.

I still played far more than anticipated, because my overall score was 1,859,060 and my rank was 4631. I had 200 Flags left, because I got connection errors during the final hour.

I didn't alter my sleep schedule actually (it's already awful), in fact, I missed most of those beginning of the round multipliers. Clarine->Lachesis->Priscilla was just the best path.

4/4 on gauntlet winners. I just pick the most waifu one, except this last one where I wasn't familiar with anyone, and picked Elise because she was mentioned the most.

Semajer

I pulled a 5* Boey trying to get Tiki. How do I set him up for use in Tempest Trials? I didn't write down his bane/boon and I've levelled him up a bit. I remember that he's not -atk.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So whats a good build for Faye? She is the only 40% bonus unit I have. I forget which IVs she is, won't be able to figure out until she hits 40.

ggx2ac

Fuck yes.

DDy88J3UAAAV11a.jpg

I can't remember the last time I got a pull like this, other than the first when the game came out.

The prize unit is Tobin? :/ And I don't have a 40% bonus character... (I won't be pulling for one either.)

This is gonna be a real slog. Hopefully the maps are easy to get through.

_Legacy_

I've got an Alm, he's not really fleshed out yet but he is max level though. I'll still be relying on Cordelia, El Nino and a dancer.

MicH

Have a 4* Boey and 5* Mae but they both have terrible IVs and are both untouched. Not sure I'll bother with them

This will be tough. I skipped both Echoes banners, so all I have is 5* Sharena and 4* Lukas (+DEF/-ATK). My Orbs are low, and I won't throw them all away for a 40% bonus.

The Sharena is much better, but I've already maxed her Hero Merit. The Lukas will be fine for the trials, because he is still bulky at least. I'll use him.

Have a 4* Boey and 5* Mae but they both have terrible IVs and are both untouched. Not sure I'll bother with them

I'd definitely use the Mae. Bad IVs in Tempest Trials don't matter that much. They probably won't be on your boss killing team anyway. I'd even use Boey if he was the only bonus unit I had.

Chauzu

1.4x bonus is a no brainer. You can just make a team with the Boey, forfeit right away, and still get way more points than without 1.4x bonus.

MicH

1.4x bonus is a no brainer. You can just make a team with the Boey, forfeit right away, and still get way more points than without 1.4x bonus.
Wow. I did not know that. So is it best to just forfeit right away with a 4x bonus unit than to fight with it?

Also, can you use more than one bonus unit or do they not stack?

OVDRobo

I've been pretty down on this game recently, particularly with yet another voting gauntlet ongoing which is a complete and utter waste of time, but reading the changes they've made to the tempest trials, they've covered basically all of my issues with it in a single update. It's a shame there wasn't such a rapid response to voting gauntlets, though I'm starting to think that's just a problem with them being unexciting rather than a game design problem necessarily.

Shame there's no Cecila on the banner otherwise I might've considered pulling. Alm isn't interesting enough, though, and all the other characters are bad. 5* Tobin isn't going to be as much of a motivator as 'Marth' for me, and not having a bonus character is only going to make things worse. Let's hope the 50k reward this time isn't anything special.

Roman

Shame there's no Cecila on the banner otherwise I might've considered pulling. Alm isn't interesting enough, though, and all the other characters are bad. 5* Tobin isn't going to be as much of a motivator as 'Marth' for me, and not having a bonus character is only going to make things worse. Let's hope the 50k reward this time isn't anything special.

Mae is significantly more useful than Alm as she can be run with either a Blade or Raven tome.

Faye has a niche as the best anti-mage archer, and comes with one of two metagame dominating bows.

Furthermore this is the first banner with red and blue focus that also has a chance of dropping Athena or Roderick at 4*.

It actually is a pretty good banner to pull red/blue/colorless from.

Wiseblade

I don't think I'll pull for the 40% bonus. I have a 5* Sharena I can build a team around and 30+ Stamina Potions burning a hole in my pocket. I should be good to get 50,000 points again.

Scum

I've got Faye from ages ago and never really bothered with the first Tempest Trial, so I'll give this one a go. Will probably get Faye to lvl 40 (currently at lvl 20) and have some fun.
Just need to find out what setup will be decent for Faye...

I'm already building my Bride Cordelia of doom...I wonder if I can make a Faye of doom and build buffers to support them. Archer Emblem build just cause

Sushen

Summer banner has been brutal to me as my luck has been non-existing as I got No focus unit after 80+ orbs.

I need to decide whether to promote Legion or use Sakura for the arena...dang it.

Scum

Huh?! Did I miss something? I'm levelling Faye up at the moment and just noticed something. She's been earning 18SP every time she gains a level. 🤔

kewlmyc

Oh yeah congrats to Team Elise I guess

bTfWtJd.jpg

Gotta say, what a pointlessly close finale. Who even likes Priscilla

Thanks! And yeah, this arena was kinda dull to be honest, though the new multiplier did spice things up (but just delay the inevitable).

Awakening would be the best. It's where a lot of people started too.

Another Tempest coming soon, this time focused on Echoes. Are we getting Conrad this time round?

Looks like it's Tobin instead.

Edit: Also arena bonus heroes. https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/881770389927374848

Guess I'm going with Peri this arena. And to think, I actually had a 5* version of her at some point before skill inheritance became a thing. Oh well.

As for Tempest, I have a 5* Boey and 5* Faye. Need to see if either of them are any good.

Wiseblade

Peri is a bonus unit? My Horse Emblem team just keeps on rolling. Tagging in my SI'd 4* Peri instead of my 5* Camus shouldn't tank my score too much...

Chauzu

Wow. I did not know that. So is it best to just forfeit right away with a 4x bonus unit than to fight with it?

Also, can you use more than one bonus unit or do they not stack?

Well, the best is to have 1.4x bonus on 1st team and win fast every map. If you think the bonus isn't good enough, you can make a different 1st team with the bonus, and then you can just forfeit or try to win, but key thing is to 1) use a bonus if you have one, 1.4x is always the choice if possible and 2) have a main team that can beat maps quickly and has some way of healing / taking advantage of low health. So stuff like Renewal, Breath of Life, and Desperation are great skills.

Personally, I got really burnt by TT last time, so I have spent resources now to make it easier for me. My FemCorrin now has Renewal 3 and Lightning Breath +, which will keep her healthy better. I might try and go for WoM on my Olivia, since my Nino will always be in low HP for Desperation. And Nino will keep her Breath of Life C skill and Seal to act as sweeper and healer. If I feel I have troubles I will probably make a throwaway 1st team with Mae and then add Ninian to my main team just to ensure best possible runs.

lt519

Not sure I'll be able to stay in T19 with running a 4* Legion. Oh well, I'll just drop to T18 I think then try to get back up to T19 for the next round of arenas. Is that young or adult tiki in the bonus characters?

Also going to feed my Level 1 4* Boey to the wolves on the first round of Tempest and move on with my real team. I don't want to try and pull from this banner.

So I missed out on tier 20 by about 100 points. With how closely the top is bunched I probably could have just accepted one or two fewer 686 scores and gotten there. But I'm unwilling to burn 3-all my swords to try again, because when I set my mind to it I find I make dumb mistakes or get screwed by a super op team at some time to break my streak. My best chance, too, as I'm not sure when I'll next be running 4 5 star units, let alone the fourth being fully skilled like my Camus. Oh well.

Missed all the tempest trials news, didn't even notice the new banner when I opened this morning. But I'm at 50 orbs, want to save a bunch. Don't want a repeat of my 180 orbs for 1 Reinhardt and nothing else fiasco, so I'll save as much as possible for the next special character/banner. Tobin seems like a disappointing add, and weird class, but whatever. Since he is a unique character I hope they give him more than a weapon for skills. Or st least an interesting weapon.

Fortunately I pulled a Mae during said Fiasco. Only 4 stars, so I'll probably send her out to die to get the bonus before subbing in my real team. But once I get her to 40 I may sacrifice an Odin to give her a blade tome and run her along with/instead of Nino to see if I can get a few perfect runs in.

In other news, my early complete horse emblem is up and running. Camus, Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia. Cecilia needs a buff and gronnblade+ (probably won't happens, I'm too cheap), Xander needs fury. But otherwise complete and just devastates the enemies on tier 10. Way OP. Not worth enough arena points, unfortunately, without more merges.

ccbfan

OK I got 4 more days to finish off my pony team before tempest. This time I'll have 12 usable characters instead of 8.

Don't have a 1.4 reward character though. Are any of them worth rolling for?

Also for skill points is it better to level a 4* to 40 then upgrade or get to 5* 40 and skill points from kill enemies.

I can nearly run an all-Echoes team (have Alm, Faye, Lukas at 5*s) but they're not really fleshed out with additional skills to survive Hard/Lunatic levels in Tempest. I also have a 4* Clair but she's still at level 1 as I don't usually run fliers on my teams.

OVDRobo

Mae is significantly more useful than Alm as she can be run with either a Blade or Raven tome.

Faye has a niche as the best anti-mage archer, and comes with one of two metagame dominating bows.

Furthermore this is the first banner with red and blue focus that also has a chance of dropping Athena or Roderick at 4*.

It actually is a pretty good banner to pull red/blue/colorless from.

Sorry. I used the word 'bad' in a vague way. I was more referring to the fact that Faye was a horrible character who was added so Tharja/Camilla fans would buy Echoes, Boey's a dweeb and Mae annoyed the hell out of me. As units they're perfectly serviceable. I just wouldn't ever purposely try to pull them.

They excluded the two Shadows of Valentia characters from the banner that anyone would actually want which is funny since usually Gacha games go for the throat when it comes to money making opportunities. Fine by me since I get to rack up some more orbs, but I find myself questioning why. We've had several awful banners recently with the cleric gauntlet pair, the Katarina banner with the stacked reds, and the fury and vantage banners.

Maybe the choose your legends banner is coming soon and they're trying to force players to save orbs.

I'm liking this latest Trial and Arena, hits a few sweet spots for me. Peri and Boey (despite initial disappointment getting him) are two of my favorite underdog gameplay units, doing great work for me. And I'm building up Summer Tiki. Wouldn't mind some others on the banner but likely skipping to build up orbs. And while the availability of Athena at 4* is great I'm content for now having one of her and Roderick as 5*.

Mupod

welp. Looks like I've got a use for that -atk Peri I pulled when trying to get Reinhardt. I can just make her a buffbot I suppose.

Hylian7

How the hell does one beat Takumi? He certainly seems OP as all hell, and 90% of the arena matches I have lost are because of him. I wish I had one of my own, but I have yet to get that lucky.

Tripon

How the hell does one beat Takumi? He certainly seems OP as all hell, and 90% of the arena matches I have lost are because of him. I wish I had one of my own, but I have yet to get that lucky.

Takumi's okay. Was able to pull 2 of them. Usually, you can kill Takumi's by having a mage with a colorless advantage tome (MRobin, Celcila), a beefy unit with defense like Effie or Hector, or if you have a character with Vantage, put the unit in range and let him knock him out.

Mupod

it's been so long since Takumi was considered OP I had to check to make sure I wasn't in OT1...

seriously though, triangle adept on a -raven tome user like Robin or Cecilia is his hard counter. But any magic damage will do the job, he has no res at all. Just be wary of Vantage as it will be on almost every Takumi you see.

If you post your team I can offer some suggestions.

MicH

So I'm building Hector right now and I see a lot of people recommend Wings of Mercy over Vantage for him. I haven't used WoM before but is it really that good? In my head Vantage sounds ridiculously good on Hector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom