• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunx28

August quests, orbs for gauntlet battles ... Hero Banner, here we go! #savealltheorbs

Going with Elise as she's my favourite summerunit (and I only got her and S!Robin). You go girl!

My cavalry team (Xander, Reinhardt, Titania or Cecilia, Elise) can finish that and get to stage 9 but I can't get anybody by the upper right part with Sonya and Leon without getting wiped.

I hear Wings of Mercy is good for the map where you're split.

As for 12-4, I put Xander in the top right. He can duel Leon safely. Park Rein under the cliff to kill Saber the next turn. Cecilia/Titania can handle the blue flier. Retreat Xander and pull the rest off the defensive tiles.

Ninferno

Seeing the number of orbs quickly going to back up to 200+ feels good man. I think I will be ready when the Celica banner and Hero Fest hit.

Anyway, waiting for the hour 1 results patiently to see who I should pick in the gauntlet. I don't have any of the summer units so I have the peace of mind to pick whoever I want. Will probably pick whoever performs the best on the male side in the first hour though. Hopefully that results in close wins for the first two rounds, and a landslide lost in the final round which means lots of opportunity to clear the remaining flags.

Wow, I got a perfect Arena streak on my first attempt. My score is 4808, which is my highest yet. If only I played this well when I was in tier 19!

This is a very exciting time to play with the monthly quests and upcoming events, but I won't be putting much effort into this gauntlet.

Ninferno

Wasn't expecting Leo to be the best performing male; he was such a looser in previous gauntlets. lol Anyway, Team Leo it is then.

BTW, wasn't expecting Elise to get massacred like this either. I knew Scorn is the favorite here but I thought Elise was going to put up a decent fight, coming off from the victory of the last gauntlet.

spiritfox

Wasn't expecting Leo to be the best performing male; he was such a looser in previous gauntlets. lol Anyway, Team Leo it is then.

BTW, wasn't expecting Elise to get massacred like this too. I knew Scorn is the favorite here but I thought Elise was going to put up a decent fight, coming off from the victory of the last gauntlet.

Elise got murdered in the first gauntlet by a GBA character, what did you expect.

Is there no website for gauntlet scores this time round?

champloo

Jumped on the Corrin train because I don't feel like putting effort into this..

Got to T20 by scoring 4842 points with Sonya +2, and this week I don't even have a Lv40 bonus unit, lol I'm so dropping to T18.

MicH

Jesus, in my first gauntlet match I was joined by a +10 merge Bridelia with Firesweep Bow+. She swept everything.

Alkez

Haven't checked my friends list since day 1 and realised the over half of my list (34 out of 50 to be exact) which was all gaffers have quit this game lol. If anyone has a spare friend slot available I would appreciate the add. Don't care what team you're in for gauntlet (I'm in Team Corrin if anyone cares). My code is 5785888238.

I hear Wings of Mercy is good for the map where you're split.

As for 12-4, I put Xander in the top right. He can duel Leon safely. Park Rein under the cliff to kill Saber the next turn. Cecilia/Titania can handle the blue flier. Retreat Xander and pull the rest off the defensive tiles.

Thanks! I was using Xander to go after Leon but wasn't using Rein to cut off Saber. I'll try this later.

MicH

Haven't checked my friends list since day 1 and realised the over half of my list (34 out of 50 to be exact) which was all gaffers have quit this game lol. If anyone has a spare friend slot available I would appreciate the add. Don't care what team you're in for gauntlet (I'm in Team Corrin if anyone cares). My code is 5785888238.
I sent you a request :)

I also need a few more friends it seems. My ID is 5290185172 so if anyone wants to add me please feel free to do so :)

Team Elise might I suggest you guys just stay down and stop moving? Team Corrin may eventually get bored of kicking your lifeless bodies.

And where did all you Team Tiki people come from? This was supposed to be an easy win for us on Team Robin.

Jesus, in my first gauntlet match I was joined by a +10 merge Bridelia with Firesweep Bow+. She swept everything.

This is why you use low levels. You will auto-win if you have a friend backing up.

I didn't lose a single match during the last gauntlet, and this one is the same. I already got three bonuses on Elise's army. I won't be playing this game at all on Saturday and Sunday because of an event, so I'm maximizing my Round 1 and 2 score.

Zafir

This is why you use low levels. You will auto-win if you have a friend backing up.

Problem with this gauntlet is I imagine people might have levelled them up as they're time-limited 5*s.

Not like some of the battles before where you could just use a non-levelled 4* or whatever.

This is the first gauntlet in ages I'm actually having to battle properly because my Fred is max level lol. (As is my other summer units)

Roman

Problem with this gauntlet is I imagine people might have levelled them up as they're time-limited 5*s.

Not like some of the battles before where you could just use a non-levelled 4* or whatever.

This is the first gauntlet in ages I'm actually having to battle properly because my Fred is max level lol. (As is my other summer units)

Good thing I didn't level up my Xander, it's obvious the best he can be is skill fodder.

4844 should be enough for me to go back into tier 20 this week I hope.

Mupod

I think this is my second gauntlet where I don't have a single one of the heroes featured, so low effort mode level 1s for me.

e3dbLqO.jpg

F I N A L L Y

I don't want to see Summer Elise pop out of a summoning stone ever again. That was the most frustrating character hunt ever. It made me buy orbs, which I'm not doing again for a long time. Limited banner units should not share colors.

His nature isn't perfect, but it doesn't suck either. (+DEF/-RES) 39 DEF is insane, and unlike Spring Xander, his base attack doesn't suck.

He's definitely joining the beefcake squad, while the MULTIPLE S!Elise units are staying on the bench.

Ninferno

That's much more than enough.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, last week's (the season ended today) cut-off for staying in T20 was around 4860. That's about the same as 2 weeks earlier, implying the cut-off for the "weaker" wave has pretty much stabilized. From here onward, we probably won't see any noticeable drop each two week for this wave.

The "stronger wave" this week on the other hand, will be quite interesting. I wonder if it will continue to converge with the weaker wave; I hope it does. The cut-off was around 4890 a week ago. Let's see if it can drop to around 4870 ~ 4880. For me, that's quite realistically achievable with moderate amount of cherry picking.

But that's enough for the regular arena, I think moving forward, most of us should shift our focus to Arena Assault instead, and will be busy filling up our No.5 to No.28's empty skill slots. The ROI is likely higher there.

Mupod

I can get above 4830 if I want, I just find it too stressful and frustrating. I'm fine with bouncing around between 18-20. I got into T20 with a mere 4804 last time.

The bonus units I can use this week have poor synergy with all my usual teams so I dunno if I'll be able to get back to 20. But I might as well try because it's Voting Gauntlet time and I need to use tons of crests anyways...

Team Elise might I suggest you guys just stay down and stop moving? Team Corrin may eventually get bored of kicking your lifeless bodies.

And where did all you Team Tiki people come from? This was supposed to be an easy win for us on Team Robin.

Your arrogance shall be your perdition. Go team Elise!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
FCorrin will probably win. She's the new hotness since her banner just came out.

I'm on Team Tiki this time because she's the only bonus character I have on this banner.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
FCorrin will probably win. She's the new hotness since her banner just came out.

I'm on Team Tiki this time because she's the only bonus character I have on this banner.

Are you supposed to play with the characters on the banner that you pick? I have a Corrin, but she's just gonna stay on ice until Friday.

Draxal

Are you supposed to play with the characters on the banner that you pick? I have a Corrin, but she's just gonna stay on ice until Friday.

Yes you get more points if you use the character in the gauntlet, and picking a level 1 is better.

You higher ranked friend will carry you, and the lower level will hurt the enemy's team rating giving you a better chance to win.

Akuun

Oops, I wrote that wrong. I meant gauntlet battle, not banner.

You get a 10% point bonus if you field the same character you're supporting in gauntlet battles. For example, fielding S.Tiki in a gauntlet battle for S.Tiki gives you 10% more points at the end (such as 110 points for no flags instead of 100). It doesn't sound like much but it adds up, especially once multipliers kick in.

Mupod

you get a 10% score bonus if you use the character you're supporting. I see no reason not to use her if you have her, since being level 1 is a huge advantage. It makes you fight level 1s and gives you a level 40 person from your friends list (assuming you have one).

explodet

you get a 10% score bonus if you use the character you're supporting. I see no reason not to use her if you have her, since being level 1 is a huge advantage. It makes you fight level 1s and gives you a level 40 person from your friends list (assuming you have one).
I believe that lvl 40 from your friends list also needs to be on the same team that you're on. So if nobody's chosen one, you could get stuck with two other lvl 1s.

But if you play carefully that shouldn't be a huge issue, stuff dies so easy at that level.

Zafir

Good thing I didn't level up my Xander, it's obvious the best he can be is skill fodder.

I will try make Xander work
on a secondary team
because I can't bring myself to just give up a limited unit for a skill
and I kind of like Xander

Akuun

My S.Tiki is getting screwed this round because she's level 40. Can't do the level 1 trick with her, and I don't seem to be paired with any whales this time around so I have no super merged guys as partners.

Edit: Paired with a Brave Bow Bridelia! FRIENDED

BTW, wasn't expecting Elise to get massacred like this either. I knew Scorn is the favorite here but I thought Elise was going to put up a decent fight, coming off from the victory of the last gauntlet.

pfft you believed the memes over CYL, your mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom