• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyf3n1K.jpg
the quest to stay tier 20 continues

Trunx28

This week is going to be a test of my will where I need to save up my orbs for the next week's banners. Ike and Ninian will be perfect for my teams. Celica for the tempest banner sounds great too. I can do it... I can do it... just don't go to the summoning screen...

I exactly know how you feel .. Saved up to 50 orbs through the august quests now, though, and I'll be sitting on them now like a dragon on his pile of gold.

Building up a flyer and armor emblem now, just to kill time waiting for the next great banner. Introduced my son to FEH yesterday and he pulled S!Corrin with his first orb yesterday, even a +spd one .. children are lucky bastards :D

I exactly know how you feel .. Saved up to 50 orbs through the august quests now, though, and I'll be sitting on them now like a dragon on his pile of gold.

Building up a flyer and armor emblem now, just to kill time waiting for the next great banner. Introduced my son to FEH yesterday and he pulled S!Corrin with his first orb yesterday, even a +spd one .. children are lucky bastards :D

you should ask him to do pull on yours next time

Wiseblade

This week is going to be a test of my will where I need to save up my orbs for the next week's banners. Ike and Ninian will be perfect for my teams. Celica for the tempest banner sounds great too. I can do it... I can do it... just don't go to the summoning screen...
Did the Hero Fest banner get announced?

Mupod

been trying to clean up my barracks and it's looking grim, can't get it under 190. I've got too many units I'm saving 'just in case' like +atk -spd Bartre and Sheena. I try to keep 2-3 of useful skill fodder. And of course I save all 5*, which wasn't a problem until I had 30. I may need to finally expand my capacity.

I even expanded my 4* Olivia ball to +7 and moved them all over to a +spd -def one. Interesting that she basically becomes equivalent to a neutral Lyn with that setup, although with a ruby sword or whatever instead.

I've caved a few times and I've spent about 20 orbs trying for Summer Corrin, but I really need to use everything I can on Hero Fest and worry about her later. I have all month to chase her after all, and whether I even create a flying team or not depends on if I find something like a Minerva or perfect stat Camilla on my hero fest green hunt.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yes. Flying mages are like cavalry mages in that flier buffs are amazing for blade tomes.

The problem is that you need rare fliers like Hinoka, Caeda or another S.Corrin to actually put those buffs on S.Corrin. That's why Flier Emblem is so much rarer than Horse Emblem - horse buffs are way easier to come by.

Scum

By the way, have any of you High Tier Arena players come across insane/rich SP builds for units?

Yes. Flying mages are like cavalry mages in that flier buffs are amazing for blade tomes.

The problem is that you pretty much need rare fliers like Hinoka, Caeda or another S.Corrin to actually put those buffs on S.Corrin. That's why Flier Emblem is so much rarer than Horse Emblem - horse buffs are way easier to come by.

Rare you say? Well, I've got +ATK -RES Palla & Cherche and a Neutral Hinoka and always loved the idea of Flier Emblem. Let's do this! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
But you are right about rare though. I've yet to encounter/pull Caeda. D:

Akuun

By the way, have any of you High Tier Arena players come across insane/rich SP builds for units?

Rare you say? Well, I've got +ATK -RES Palla & Cherche and a Neutral Hinoka and always loved the idea of Flier Emblem. Let's do this! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Nice. I have a Hinoka (-atk but yay flier buffs) too, but no Caeda. Hoping that lots of Goad Fliers works instead.

As for expensive builds, I've seen a few. Brave Lance+ DC Effie, Blarblade+ Close Counter Ursula, Brave Bow+ L&D3 Bridelia, Firesweep Bow+ L&D3 Bridelia, a full team who all had Distant Counter SIed onto them, flier teams who had Hone/Fortify Fliers SIed onto them along with Close Counter, Gronnblade+ and so on.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Flier emblem is fun. More fun than I would have thought. I still have to get used to the idea that I can fly over mountains and shit. I used no fliers ever, really, until this past weekend. I made a fully kitted out Cherche and the damage is just silly.

Mupod

Goad Fliers is an in-combat buff and won't give extra benefits to a blade tome (just the +4atk, +4spd), but you'll run into Caeda sooner or later. The hard part is done, if you have Hone Fliers you should definitely go for a Blarblade+ on Corrin.

As for crazy unit builds, it's more like...when I run with my high stat team it's shocking how rare I DON'T see at least one super-crazy unit in a match. Every Bridelia is merged, has brave bow+ and L&D 3. I'm more surprised when I run into a vanilla unit.

Yesterday I fought a Spring Camilla on a full flier team...I actually almost put myself into a bad position because I was stressing out trying to think of a safe way to fight her. But then I noticed she wasn't running Gronnblade, she had Gronnraven and Triangle Adept. I'd never seen one using that tome, I just assume Gronnblade which is far far more dangerous. This one was easy to deal with using Xander, although his Res is so damn bad he took 8 damage even though he has TA2 and was buffed on a defense tile. I would guess that was meant to be his bow user deterrent, but Iote's Shield would probably be safer nowadays with Cancel Affinity out there.

the weirdest Effie I've seen was one with Heavy Spear and Distant Counter. Heavy Spear wasn't enough to kill Hector so I have no idea what he was trying to do with that. Gave me pause for a second though.

Yea I've encountered an armor team that all had D.C. on them. Probably not the most expensive SP builds but it costed 3 Hectors!

Most expensive are likely the L&D + Desparation Blade Tome builds since they require you to sack a 5* for two different things.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea I've encountered an armor team that all had D.C. on them. Probably not the most expensive SP builds but it costed 3 Hectors!

Most expensive are likely the L&D + Desparation Blade Tome builds since they require you to sack a 5* for two different things.

Yeah, I can't afford to make too many of those mages. I think I only have 1 with top of the line stuff.

But honestly, you can make a cheap version with non + blade tome and you still blow nearly everything up. I'm not sure the difference is worth it, at least in a horse/flier team where the buffs are insane.

Akuun

TA+ Gronnraven on a flier is legit too. It turns Bunnilla into a tank rather than a nuke.

For those of you building flier teams, what are you going to use for your Reinhardt counter?

Yeah, I can't afford to make too many of those mages. I think I only have 1 with top of the line stuff.

But honestly, you can make a cheap version with non + blade tome and you still blow nearly everything up. I'm not sure the difference is worth it, at least in a horse/flier team where the buffs are insane.

Yea you are only talking 4 dmg, and when you are getting +30 (34 if in Goad range) dmg from buffs who cares at that point. There may be a point or two difference in arena though.

Blade+ is probably better suited for infantry.

Alucrid

Banned
TA+ Gronnraven on a flier is legit too. It turns Bunnilla into a tank rather than a nuke.

For those of you building flier teams, what are you going to use for your Reinhardt counter?

i have a -atk +res spring camilla. so with both flier buffs, fury 3 and gronnblade+ she can survive with 1 hp and kill a +atk, death blow 3, moonbow up, hone cav reinhardt. if he has a hone cav though, rip.

explodet

That's my Spring Camilla build. Having a flyer that can survive both Reinhardt and Bridelia is very useful.

I was considering going for the ultimate insult, but then I found out you can't give Bowbreaker to flying units. Quel Dommage.

Mupod

oh for sure it's useful just not that deadly on defense.

I'm still working on that myself...distant counter regular Camilla looking like my only option. I only have one spare Hector though so I want to make it count. I'm a long ways off from a viable flier team regardless, as in I haven't even started yet.

explodet

is there no max score reward for this gauntlet? didn't see it in the notes
Yeah, no bonus this time.

I think they're making up for it by adding orbs to the quests. We got 4 orbs this first round!
You actually have to do stuff instead of just getting it for free.

Akuun

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I don't have a Bunnilla. Kinda funny how Camilla is now a good option as a Rein counter when she was panned so hard before.

I suppose the only other solution is to try to buff one of the other green or blue fliers somehow. Maybe TA on one of the green fliers or something. I put TA on Cherche as an experiment, but I don't think she can stand up to QP Rein.

Maybe TA Minerva? It seems like a bit of a waste to put TA on such a strong unit though.

Edit: Oh shit, Fury 3 Minerva with Fortify Fliers from S.Corrin can tank +atk + QP + Moonbow + Hone Cav Rein. 1 HP left.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just won the inherit skill lottery.

Pretty good nature on Klein (+ATK/-HP) and neutral Subaki.

Subaki is definitely getting fed, but maybe Klein should stick around since I have no archers.

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I don't have a Bunnilla. Kinda funny how Camilla is now a good option as a Rein counter when she was panned so hard before.

I suppose the only other solution is to try to buff one of the other green or blue fliers somehow. Maybe TA on one of the green fliers or something. I put TA on Cherche as an experiment, but I don't think she can stand up to QP Rein.

Maybe TA Minerva? It seems like a bit of a waste to put TA on such a strong unit though.

You could give Camilla Emerald Axe which would improve her speed and Atk. The problem with fliers is that they have low health pools, so taking a fully buffed Reinhardt Attack is tricky

Sushen

I expected tons of back and forth bonus battle for Robin v Tiki, but it seems little is moving. Debating what yo do with my flags.

most people in t20 actually do crazy shit. i met a guy who ran defiant speed escape route tharja lol.

Akuun

I expected tons of back and forth bonus battle for Robin v Tiki, but it seems little is moving. Debating what yo do with my flags.
Yeah, it's too close to put either into bonus territory. Feels weird, and now I'm not sure what to do with my flags either.

Sölf

C skill suggestions for Xander? My Frederick already has Hone Cavalry and my Elise I am using until I get a good 4th unit has Fortify.

Sölf;245204067 said:
C skill suggestions for Xander? My Frederick already has Hone Cavalry and my Elise I am using until I get a good 4th unit has Fortify.
Goad Calvary. The problem it is difficult to obtain. You have to be willing to sack a 5* Reinhardt or one of your only two Camus. That or Hone Calvary to pay Frederick back.

I'm so happy with my flier emblem team. Summer Corrin was definitely the missing link. Without a mage flier emblem just isn't as effective. Not only that but blarblade+ totally nukes stuff. Here's my load out which I'm having a ton of success with.

S.Corrin -atk +spd
Blarblade +
Reposition
Moonbow
Darting Blow 3
Wings of Mercy 3
Fortify Fliers

Cordelia +atk -res
Brave Lance +
Draw Back
Gale force
Iotes shield
Desperation 3
Fortify Fliers

Camilla +HP -res
Brave Axe +
Reposition
Draconic Aura
Darting Blow 3
Wings of Mercy 3
Hone Fliers

Palla neutral
Brave Sword +
Reposition
Moonbow
Darting Blow 3
Wings of Mercy 3
Goad Fliers

A lot can be improved, but I used what I had available and made quite a fun and awesome squad.

Mupod

I run double blade tomes, so to have both buffed at once I use two Hone Cavalry and two Fortify Cavalry. This lets me have both buffs on all four, obviously the downside is I lose Goad. But Camus does have that learned and I can swap it in if needed.

Other problem is it's very rough on my Gunter and Jagen supplies. I'll need another Gunter to field a second cavalry team even if I'm not running double hone/fortify. Hopefully I find one during Hero Fest.

On that subject, have they clarified whether the swap of appearance rate between 3* and 4* is permanent or just a thing for the 6 month anniversary stuff? It may actually make finding Hinata and the like slightly harder, I haven't done the math...

Ninferno

On that subject, have they clarified whether the swap of appearance rate between 3* and 4* is permanent or just a thing for the 6 month anniversary stuff? It may actually make finding Hinata and the like slightly harder, I haven't done the math...

Yes, it will make it a little harder to get the 3/4* fodders, but it will also make getting 4/5* fodders like Klein/Abel/Fae a lot easier. Knowing how much trash the 3/4* pool has, I consider the swap a comfortably beneficial trade-off.

While rerolling for +Spd Summer Corrin, I rolled a +HP/-Spd Hector. The IVs don't seem to be too bad. Should I keep him or continue rerolling for a +Spd Corrin?

Mupod

Yes, it will make it a little harder to get the 3/4* fodders, but it will also make getting 4/5* fodders like Klein/Abel/Fae a lot easier. Knowing how much trash the 3/4* pool has, I consider the swap a comfortably beneficial trade-off.

oh absolutely. The sheer number of feathers I'll save will be nice, and it'll make it easier to find 4-5* characters like Roy, Reinhardt, Titania, Effie etc. I still have never found an Effie.

While rerolling for +Spd Summer Corrin, I rolled a +HP/-Spd Hector. The IVs don't seem to be too bad. Should I keep him or continue rerolling for a +Spd Corrin?

I'd keep it for sure, he'll serve you well. You've got all month to waste orbs on that other banner anyways. Save what you can for Hero Fest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom