• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

They'll likely start another orb event. Also the gauntlet is almost assuredly going to result in everyone getting 20 orbs again, lol.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
er, those are really good stats for Camilla. The only hits she's good at taking are magic anyways. +atk is the best to have on all brave weapon users and Camilla can quad a lot of things with +spd and darting blow.

Wait really? 28 DEF is still a lot better than 24 imo, but oh well. Yeh I guess her RES is higher.

Now my main account is totally out of orbs (used about 107 today), and got those 3 Camillas and a Cordelia (yay Cordelia). The game doesn't want me to get a Minerva though lol.

Mupod

They'll likely start another orb event. Also the gauntlet is almost assuredly going to result in everyone getting 20 orbs again, lol.

They already confirmed they are doing the 10 billion thing again, unless that's what you mean. Because there is no chance we won't get that, lol.

Also man, I haven't looked at Camilla's stats in a long time and I don't remember her being this shitty. Skill inheritance has made me look at this game a lot differently.

Alucrid

Banned
decided to start putting level 2 skills on units from characters i have but will probably never be able to level up to 5* for the level 3 skill. thinking about putting savage blow on kagero (wish i didn't merge my extra 4 star camilla at launch) but still can't figure out what assist skill to put on her. sharena got renewal and probably escutcheon to be a bit tankier. lucina got fury 2, debating if i should spend 2k feathers to get odin up and moonbow on her. still waiting to get a unit with desperation. nino is kinda stuck atm since i have three 4*s with no good IVs

Which do you guys think is better for my Flier Emblem team?

+ATK -DEF Cherche
or
+DEF -RES Minerva

I'm leaning more towards Minerva cause she is way tankier.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Any thoughts on who this voting gauntlet's Lucina will be (if any)?
I'm guessing the two high runners will be Camilla and Hinoka. Or maybe Cordelia will beat Hinoka.

It'll probably be a lot closer than last time because waifus.

macklelol

Which do you guys think is better for my Flier Emblem team?

+ATK -DEF Cherche
or
+DEF -RES Minerva

I'm leaning more towards Minerva cause she is way tankier.

If you're gonna run Life and Death on Minerva, she'll be about as tanky as Cherche but with a ton more speed. They're both good units, though I'd lean towards Minerva for her Ward Fliers.

None of the 5* Wyverns and a not +ATK Kagero to make fun of me on a no greens set... Out of 6 sets, 3 had no greens. Got a +SPD -DEF Nino 4*, though. That's best Nino?

If you're gonna run Life and Death on Minerva, she'll be about as tanky as Cherche but with a ton more speed. They're both good units, though I'd lean towards Minerva for her Ward Fliers.

I'm actually going to run Fury 3 on Minerva and replacing Ward Fliers for Fortify Fliers.

My team is basically:
Hinoka +DEF -RES
Bunny Camilla +HP -RES
Minerva +DEF -RES / Cherche +ATK -DEF
Palla +ATK -DEF

TWILT

Banned
Wanted to roll a 5* Cherche or Camilla (mostly for her Brave Axe+ lol) and ended up getting this boy instead ayy
C8gAg9FXYAEkPnK.jpg
Might try to pull some more later, but for now, I'm not complaining :p
EDIT: Hmm +SPD -DEF apparently. Could be worse I guess.

Wanted to roll a 5* Cherche or Camilla (mostly for her Brave Axe+ lol) and ended up getting this boy instead ayy

Congrats. I was aiming at a quality Cherche or Beruka but was also thinking I'd be fine if Hector showed up instead. None of that happened lol.

Bovine

Neo Member
I'm not sure if I should put my orbs towards Bunny Lucina, try for Kagero in the upcoming Navarre banner, or hold off. I have a +HP -Def Camilla and a +HP -Res Minerva so I'm not really interested in getting another flier. As well flier emblem doesn't really interest me, so I'm not interested in Hinoka. Have to decide whether to be team Camilla or team Minerva though, also I'll have to look into when the best time to use flags will be, last time I blew a whole bunch early as I started on team Elise.

c-murph

EDIT: Hmm +SPD -DEF apparently. Could be worse I guess.

Congrats!

Mupod

Seriously considering dropping Desperation 3 on Nino for G Tomebreaker. I did Desperation before I found Linde, and right now the only common threat to my team is a tomebreaker Nino. I want mine to at least be able to go toe to toe with one. Bonus is that my Nino, who was raised from 3*, is back over 500 SP so I can do it easily.

But for this week's arena I'll have Selena who should be fine to tank some greens. Hmm.

Seriously considering dropping Desperation 3 on Nino for G Tomebreaker. I did Desperation before I found Linde, and right now the only common threat to my team is a tomebreaker Nino. I want mine to at least be able to go toe to toe with one. Bonus is that my Nino, who was raised from 3*, is back over 500 SP so I can do it easily.

But for this week's arena I'll have Selena who should be fine to tank some greens. Hmm.

? Last I checked, Nino has enough firepower to one-shot herself. Not so much Julia though, who'd come out the winner if she's rocking Green Tomebreaker and Nino's not.

kswiston

Which of the flyer banners is recommended? I have a 5-star Camilla, and some 3 and 4-stars for some of the others available at lower ranks.

I assume that either Camilla or Cordelia are going to win the next tournament.

Mupod

? Last I checked, Nino has enough firepower to one-shot herself. Not so much Julia though, who'd come out the winner if she's rocking Green Tomebreaker and Nino's not.

that's the other reason, I haven't seen a Julia lately that wasn't running tomebreaker.

but yeah, I checked the simulator and if I had 3 buffs up and running I could one shot other Ninos, with 4 I could take out even merged ones with Fury. But I need a shit ton more SP on Lucina, or I need to find an Eirika.

macklelol

I'm actually going to run Fury 3 on Minerva and replacing Ward Fliers for Fortify Fliers.

My team is basically:
Hinoka +DEF -RES
Bunny Camilla +HP -RES
Minerva +DEF -RES / Cherche +ATK -DEF
Palla +ATK -DEF

I see, your team looks pretty good. Can't go wrong with either choice. Cherche for an all-out offensive team, Minerva for something that can perform better in the enemy phase while still being an offensive force.

Vade

I had a couple questions I am hoping some vets can answer as I am about to download the game.

The gacha/bribe/waifu/husbando grabber are there any limited time ones I should keep rerolling for or any specific characters? I never knew about rerolling and that put me way behind in FFBE so I want to at least have something really good since that will probably be the only thing for a long time.

Is gacha currency easy to come by such as in FFrecord keeper or is a rare deal?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
er, those are really good stats for Camilla. The only hits she's good at taking are magic anyways. +atk is the best to have on all brave weapon users and Camilla can quad a lot of things with +spd and darting blow.

Which of those Camillas is the best to raise? I presume I can just merge the other two into the first one right? (I'll probably keep them around for now though). I'm thinking +Atk because her attack is usually pretty low?

Camilla - +Spd, -Def
Camilla - +Atk, -Def
Camilla - +Res, -Def

Vexii

Casual player, only downloaded the game again to see what the spring event is all about. Check out the summon rates to see if they aren't complete pants. Of course they are.

Had a handful of unspent orbs because I hate the summoning aspect of the game. Blah. Can't stand it. At least I'm not paying. So had 66 saved, figured I'd just use them. They'll just sit and do nothing otherwise.

First pull is 4 star junk. Characters I've never known. Second pull is even worse. 3 star everything and a few dupes.

Leave it a few days because it's just a terrible, terrible mechanic. Thought sod it. I have like 5 summons left, let's try. Only one green, well I certainly won't get Camilla today.

Well FUCK ME. What are the goddamn chances?

I turned the game off immediately afterwards and reloaded to make sure she was still there. Now I don't really know what to do with myself.

Akuun

i feel that way about most armored units. had an arena against an effie and hector...it was sad.
Yeah, usually the armored units just get left behind and wrecked later. You just need to protect your counter and it's pretty much a free kill.

The only exception being if you get an armored unit + dancer, and if the dancer constantly dances the armored unit to make him keep up with the rest of the group.

Those fights usually get dicey.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, usually the armored units just get left behind and wrecked later. You just need to protect your counter and it's pretty much a free kill.

The only exception being if you get an armored unit + dancer, and if the dancer constantly dances the armored unit to make him keep up with the rest of the group.

Those fights usually get dicey.

I'm going to have to disagree about armored units on defense. I do agree that they do stupid things, and since they are so slow, if you have a counter, they are easy kills. But remember, your goal on defense is to win ONE defense during the entire week. Armored units are great because if your opponent don't have an answer for them (and not everyone does), you'll almost always get a kill/win. Even with counters, sometimes you still lose a unit. I had a vantage Hector that ripped my team a new one the other day. Just couldn't out damage him and wasn't able to one-shot him because my Julia had taken some damage from the Nino.

First four snipe pulls against the wyvern banner were surprisingly lucky:

5* Raven +atk -res
5* Cherche +atk -hp
4* Fae +atk -def
4* Hawkeye who cares

I have tons of Ravens so I'm not sure what to do with this one, even though he's 5* and what seems like a good nature? He seems like a solid but mostly unremarkable unit, but at least he hits hard. Cherche seems decent but I already have Michalis, seems like people like her more so I'll definitely train her up. Fae is ??? but hey green dragon, and whatever Hawkeye.

Also got a 4* Nino that's finally +spd!... and -atk. Could be worse.

that's the other reason, I haven't seen a Julia lately that wasn't running tomebreaker.

but yeah, I checked the simulator and if I had 3 buffs up and running I could one shot other Ninos, with 4 I could take out even merged ones with Fury. But I need a shit ton more SP on Lucina, or I need to find an Eirika.

I'd actually suggest Vantage if possible over Desperation and Green Tomebreaker. Desperation doesn't really come off as useful to me when blue mages should be free kills and the average archer just needs to eat one hit to die. Only use I've seen is in the Hector matchup as he manages to survive the initial hit and will murder Nino on counter-attack. (Watch him use Green Tomebreaker too. >.>) Edit: And honestly, it's Hector. Chances are he'll be the last you need to fight and chances are you have a red for the job.

Vena

I'd actually suggest Vantage if possible over Desperation and Green Tomebreaker. Desperation doesn't really come off as useful to me when blue mages should be free kills and the average archer just needs to eat one hit to die. Only use I've seen is in the Hector matchup as he manages to survive the initial hit and will murder Nino on counter-attack. (Watch him use Green Tomebreaker too. >.>) Edit: And honestly, it's Hector. Chances are he'll be the last you need to fight and chances are you have a red for the job.

I've found that if you give the heavies Pivot, the AI knows what to do and they move in fast. But most people aren't giving them Pivot yet.

Akuun

I'm going to have to disagree about armored units on defense. I do agree that they do stupid things, and since they are so slow, if you have a counter, they are easy kills. But remember, your goal on defense is to win ONE defense during the entire week. Armored units are great because if your opponent don't have an answer for them (and not everyone does), you'll almost always get a kill/win. Even with counters, sometimes you still lose a unit. I had a vantage Hector that ripped my team a new one the other day. Just couldn't out damage him and wasn't able to one-shot him because my Julia had taken some damage from the Nino.
Fair points. You're sometimes just looking for that one kill, and Hector can get you that. The fact that Hectors are pretty common on defense in arena means that everyone who tries for perfect runs needs to have a counter prepared for him, just like you have to have a counter prepared for Lucina, Takumi, Julia, Linde, etc. You're giving your team up to RNG if you don't have a counter to those popular units, though to be fair, sometimes people just get screwed on pulls and then they can't fight certain units. It sucks.

I'm not saying that they're bad units of course. Of course they're super strong. But every team past a certain level will have an established counter to Hector, and then his effectiveness gets blunted. Having said that, you still have a fair point in that he still only needs to get you one win to make him worth it. The other player making a mistake or your AI managing to nullify the player's Hector counter will get you a win.

Vantage Hector is definitely the scariest variation imo. I almost lost to one once because my Lucina left him at 1 HP instead of killing him, which meant I was forced to either leave a weakened Lucina to tank him on the enemy turn or have one of my blues tank him. I somehow survived because Ephriam of all people tanked a hit from him and was able to finish him off.

Lucina is supposed to be a hard counter to Hector but honestly, it still doesn't feel like a hard counter because Hector can still kill Lucina through type disadvantage if she's weakened or something. That's how crazy strong he is.

Gotchaye

Lucina is supposed to be a hard counter to Hector but honestly, it still doesn't feel like a hard counter because Hector can still kill Lucina through type disadvantage if she's weakened or something. That's how crazy strong he is.

If Hector is the last enemy hero alive then I don't think there's a single map where you can't keep your team away from him indefinitely while Lucina heals up.

Akuun

If Hector is the last enemy hero alive then I don't think there's a single map where you can't keep your team away from him indefinitely while Lucina heals up.
Definitely. It's not a problem in open maps when he's the last guy, but it does present a problem sometimes on maps where he isn't the last guy, and you're cramped in by the map or by other enemy units.

Lucina doesn't auto-delete Hector the way some other hard counters delete theirs. Like say, MRobin vs Takumi.

Vena

What happens when they add a 'swamp' map to the Arena where all units have -1 Move unless Knight who maintain 1 Move!

!!!!

Which of the flyer banners is recommended? I have a 5-star Camilla, and some 3 and 4-stars for some of the others available at lower ranks.

I assume that either Camilla or Cordelia are going to win the next tournament.

If you feel like trying out the Flier Emblem comp, Team Pegasi is a must as Hinoka has Hone Fliers. Hinoka herself though is considered out-classed by Cordelia, so you'll probably want to pull her too to slap it on a superior unit. Palla's Goad Fliers is an alternative to Hone Fliers, but you can get it at 4*. Subaki's only good for his tanking and Quick Riposte 3 (but most people are fine with Quick Riposte 2).

Team Wyverns has the community's new darling Cherche who's pretty much Flying Effie statistically sans Wary Fighter and plus an archer weakness that you may want to cover with Iote's Shield. Would very much like a Brave Axe+, meaning you might want to pull for Camilla too even if her stats are a bit too general for most people's liking. Minverva's solid, being pretty much a flying axe lord with Life and Death active. Beruka's...not so solid, to say the least.

Personally recommend Team Pegasi first as they have the stronger skills including the rare Hone Fliers (Hinoka's not available at 4*).

I've found that if you give the heavies Pivot, the AI knows what to do and they move in fast. But most people aren't giving them Pivot yet.

Well, uh, shit. lol
-
I've been wondering if people are willing to drop Hector's Quick Riposte for Wary Fighter on defense. I mean, nobody'll drop Effie's Wary Fighter for Quick Riposte because it does so much for her defensively that she ends up the more frustrating of the two to kill.

Cerium

I've decided to give up on chasing the completed Bunny Set.

I'm instead going to start saving immediately for the inevitable Echoes banner.

Ilvocare

hey so I'm feeling really really good about my team at the moment

there's no SI used at all, and Eirika is only +1

turns out Fae is slept-on as fuck, it feels like

she's a fantastic counter to the current Hector/Effie heavy meta at the moment as she is, Renewal and Threaten Attack ensure that the war of attrition is in her favor so long as she's not up against Julia or Lucina

I've really turned around on her, guys.

granted Lucina and potentially Julia are clear problems but Eph takes care of the former and Eirika the latter

with no low-BST colorless to ruin my day outside of running up against a +10 whale unit, this comp combined with the utility of Eirika's Pivot and Drag Back always being great (another thing Fae comes with outta the box)

I'm really happy right about now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom