• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Any recommendations for skills to put on Azura?

I've already added Wings of Mercy 2. It's stupidly good!
It's random dancer crap that surprises me the most often because there's so much variety. Azura jumping in my face to oneshot Lucina, or Ninian doing the same thing, or a Ninian showing up with Swordbreaker.

I think I'm just salty I couldn't pull my own Ninian lol.

Sushen

Wanted to roll a 5* Cherche or Camilla (mostly for her Brave Axe+ lol) and ended up getting this boy instead ayy

Might try to pull some more later, but for now, I'm not complaining :p
EDIT: Hmm +SPD -DEF apparently. Could be worse I guess.
Posting like this makes me jump for pulling more only to be disappointed... I can kinda see me dropping hundreds of bucks out of frustration one day.

Congrats, man.

Ilvocare

decided with 105 orbs to try pulling for a third bunny

turns out that green orbs really hate me and I ended up with 4 focuses in a row with 3 colorless or more

pulled sparingly, obvi

finally hit a focus with 2 green orbs

first one pulled

5* Raven

welp

I mean at least Cherche can stop sucking shit now?

Do you have an Eirika? Do you have Azura or Ninian?

No Eirika. Ninian yes. Other 5* are Hector, Ryoma, Nowi, Lyn, Camilla, Felicia and my WHM trio (...) of Elise, Maria and Sakura.

Trying to figure out what skills that I have for inheritance but I am not even sure what to inherit. I know that I have a 3* Florina for Ardent Sacrifice and 3* Shanna that can be upgraded to 4* for Vantage 3. Best Death Blow I can get is DB2 from 4* Ursula. Not even sure those are the right skills to look for, though.

Gotchaye

Huh, I've had a 4* +Atk/-Spd Cherche that I used early on but abandoned for a 5* team. Yeah, I guess she really does hit very hard and have fantastic Def. I guess I'll upgrade her and give her Camilla's Brave Axe+.

Scum

What happens when they add a 'swamp' map to the Arena where all units have -1 Move unless Knight who maintain 1 Move!

!!!!
jose.png

Cerium

No Eirika. Ninian yes. Other 5* are Hector, Ryoma, Nowi, Lyn, Camilla, Felicia and my WHM trio (...) of Elise, Maria and Sakura.

Trying to figure out what skills that I have for inheritance but I am not even sure what to inherit. I know that I have a 3* Florina for Ardent Sacrifice and 3* Shanna that can be upgraded to 4* for Vantage 3. Best Death Blow I can get is DB2 from 4* Ursula. Not even sure those are the right skills to look for, though.
Here is my +Spd/-Res Nino.

YI6ATcV.png

Don't go Vantage, you'll get so much more out of Desperation. If you're doing it right nothing is going to survive to even threaten you so defensive shit is highly situational. I also recommend Fury over Death Blow.

Without Eirika or Ephraim your path to true Nino Kuni is a little difficult, and I still think that having a dancer is probably worth sacrificing a fourth stat buff, but you're going to want to prioritize Attack and Speed. You want Hone Attack and Rally Speed or vice versa.

If you can buff Attack, Speed, and either Res or Def, you can still achieve +16 damage from buffs on Gronnblade+. That's only 2 less than I have with my maximized Nino Kuni team (Sieglinde only gives 3 attack instead of 4).

Here is my +Spd/-Res Nino.

Don't go Vantage, you'll get so much more out of Desperation. I also recommend Fury over Death Blow. If you're doing it right nothing is going to survive to even threaten you so defensive shit is highly situational.

Without Eirika or Ephraim your path to true Nino Kuni is a little difficult, and I still think that having a dancer is probably worth sacrificing the a fourth stat buff, but you're going to want to prioritize Attack and Speed. You want Hone Attack and Rally Speed or vice versa.

If you can buff Attack, Speed, and either Res or Def, you can still achieve +16 damage from buffs on Gronnblade+. That's only 2 less than I have with my maximized Nino Kuni team (Sieglinde only gives 3 attack instead of 4).

Wow for once I can "reproduce" your build. Will cost a few 2k feathers but I have Ardent Sacrifice for free. Desperation 3 for 2K feathers, Moonbow through Odin for 2k feathers and Fury 3 for 2k feathers. I can get Speed +4 through Ryoma, ATK+3 from Hector and Ninian can do Def+3 or more if she attacks (unlikely). Without Eirika or Ephraim it's not your crazy build, but it still looks very powerful. She is a 26k feathers investment but I think she worth it, thanks!

No problem giving her the skills while she is 4*?

Cerium

Wow for once I can "reproduce" your build. Will cost a few 2k feathers but I have Ardent Sacrifice for free. Desperation 3 for 2K feathers, Moonbow through Odin for 2k feathers and Fury 3 for 2k feathers. I can get Speed +4 through Ryoma, ATK+3 from Hector and Ninian can do Def+3 or more if she attacks (unlikely). Without Eirika or Ephraim it's not your crazy build, but it still looks very powerful. She is a 26k feathers investment but I think she worth it, thanks!

No problem giving her the skills while she is 4*?

I suppose there's no issue inheriting skills while she's 4* as long as you're sure you're going all in on her.

I need to clarify something for you. Hector has Spur Attack 2, not Hone Attack, and that is a combat buff that does not count for the Gronnblade bonus. Ninian with Fortify Def 2 is okay, but I sacrificed a Frederick to my Ninian just to ensure she got Fortify Def 3.

Hone Speed 3 from Ryoma is good, give him Rally Attack and he can be a great chaperone for Nino. That's +12 attack from Ryoma buffs alone.

I would run Ryoma, Nino, Ninian, and a bonus character on offense. Toss in Vantage Hector on defense and you'll be fine.

I suppose there's no issue inheriting skills while she's 4* as long as you're sure you're going all in on her.

I need to clarify something for you. Hector has Spur Attack 2, not Hone Attack, and that is a combat buff that does not count for the Gronnblade bonus. Ninian with Fortify Def 2 is okay, but I sacrificed a Frederick to my Ninian just to ensure she got Fortify Def 3.

Hone Speed 3 from Ryoma is good, give him Rally Attack and he can be a great chaperone for Nino. That's +12 attack from Ryoma buffs alone.

I would run Ryoma, Nino, Ninian, and a bonus character on offense. Toss in Vantage Hector on defense and you'll be fine.

Thanks! Can I see how you built your Ninian?

Pejo

I asked a few pages back but I think it got missed - have the arena matchmaking changes taken place? Is there any reason now to run low level dudes? I've been taking my team of 2 40's and 2 low levels, but am now getting matched against teams of 3/4 40's and 40+'s.

Don't want to have the liability if it's not worth it for easy 3000 points per week.

I asked a few pages back but I think it got missed - have the arena matchmaking changes taken place? Is there any reason now to run low level dudes? I've been taking my team of 2 40's and 2 low levels, but am now getting matched against teams of 3/4 40's and 40+'s.

Don't want to have the liability if it's not worth it for easy 3000 points per week.

No it hasn't happened yet. It's in the April update, which I'm hoping is this week, but I can't remember when the march update was.

Cerium

I thought Nino could just OHKO everyone solo. ��

She can in fact ORKO any of the Falchion trio, but I've run into teams of four of them and it helps to kill 3 in a turn instead of 2.

Another benefit: A Swordbreaker Red can bait out the Falchions into death while Nino can only vaporize them on offense.

Cerium

Here's a chess style problem from a match I had last night.

jz2oQL2.png

From this position, my Nino killed all four units and none of my other units took any damage.

Do you see the solution?

Vena

Here's a chess style problem from a match I had last night.

From this position, my Nino killed all four units and none of my other units took any damage.

Do you see the solution?

Blow up Nowi. Move Eirika down, dance Nino with Ninian, blow up Eirika. After that it seems trivial.

Vena

It's hard to come up with a good puzzle in this game.

The puzzles are in team building. Execution matters more in disadvantage situations which Nino vs. two blues and Eirika/Hector isn't. Now if the enemy team had Sanaki, that'd be a puzzle.

I may as well post a screenshot of my MRobin with TA3 against a team of two reds and Takumi, and ask how MRobin killed the entire enemy team. :p

Now, if I posted a picture of MRobin vs. Nino and said, "MRobin won", that'd be a riddle.

Cerium

The puzzles are in team building. Execution matters more in disadvantage situations which Nino vs. two blues and Eirika/Hector isn't. Now if the enemy team had Sanaki, that'd be a puzzle.
I've seen plenty of Sanakis and none of those matches were worth screencapping. Ninian does terrible things to her.

Maybe I should make a deliberate effort to put together a Ninian diary. Her kills are just so situational though.

Vena

I've seen plenty of Sanakis and none of those matches were worth screencapping. Ninian does terrible things to her.

Maybe I should make a deliberate effort to put together a Ninian diary. Her kills are just so situational though.

Well you have a balanced team, but I suspect most Sanaki's are also built poorly and her crap defense is exploitable with the AI. It'd be more curious in a real PvP battle, though.

Cerium

Well you have a balanced team, but I suspect most Sanaki's are also built poorly and her crap defense is exploitable with the AI. It'd be more curious in a real PvP battle, though.
Both Eirika and Ninian can ORKO Sanaki pretty overwhelmingly and I'm not sure there's a build that would change that.

I honestly don't think there's anything you can presently theorycraft on defense, barring some whale 40+10 nonsense, that would actually give my team any trouble given the way the AI works.

The problem with PvP is that both sides rarely have any incentive to approach. When the meta rewards ORKOs, whoever lands the first hit tends to win.

Vena

Both Eirika and Ninian can ORKO Sanaki pretty overwhelmingly and I'm not sure there's a build that would change that.

I honestly don't think there's anything you can presently theorycraft on defense, barring some whale 40+10 nonsense, that would actually give my team any trouble given the way the AI works.

Indeed, but this is true for a lot of builds as the AI is dumb as nails.

The problem with PvP is that both sides rarely have any incentive to approach. When the meta rewards ORKOs, whoever lands the first hit tends to win.

Well, you'd obviously need to update the rules and map designs to favor offensive play, but the "first turn advantage" would likely turn it into a right clusterfuck for balance.

Man, that's confusing as hell how my matchups are being selected then. Thanks for the info!

This'll be irrelevant soon, but if you're wondering, matchmaking is currently based on your team's average stats, factoring weapons and skills. So, for example, if you somehow had a team of 4 4* Alfonses (Avg. 157), the game may think it be appropriate to send you against 2 5* Takumis and Kageros (Avg. 157.5).

That's...not a very fun fight, to say the least, and will hopefully be fixed in an upcoming update.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Indeed, but this is true for a lot of builds as the AI is dumb as nails.

Yeah, the AI is pretty bad. With just a few changes they could make it much more challenging, e.g., don't blindly attack your counter-class simply because it is in range. Of course, then again, it would make the game much harder and take a lot longer.

i forget, are arena rewards handed out instantly or do we need to wait for the next daily reset?

Instantly

ggx2ac

Arena season is about to finish. I'm​ currently rank 870 so I'll get to finish above rank 1k again unlike last week.

Oh wow, I actually got 3 arena defences. Never thought I'd see the day where I would get 1 defence.
Also Roy with Swordbreaker other than Seal Def: Yay or Nay

Vena

I can't decide if Reposition/Swap or Rally Speed/Attack is more valuable to put on MRobin, and by extension on Jaffar as well.

Reposition is so fucking good.

Cerium

Oh wow, I actually got 3 arena defences. Never thought I'd see the day where I would get 1 defence.
Also Roy with Swordbreaker other than Seal Def: Yay or Nay

I haven't thought about Roy much but Swordbreaker on reds tends to be a reliable choice and I'd say it's definitely better than Seal Def.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, the AI is pretty bad. With just a few changes they could make it much more challenging, e.g., don't blindly attack your counter-class simply because it is in range. Of course, then again, it would make the game much harder and take a lot longer.

Instantly

thanks...might upgrade sharena and try to max her out before the GHB

Cerium

Vantage doesn't let him counter unless he has Distant Counter.

I'd 100% put Distant Counter on Roy, though. Hector is trash not-Roy tier.
It occurs to me that Distant Counter on, say, Lucina would actually be a good deterrent against Nino. On the other hand, Desperation... Yeah still fucked. Sheesh.

Vena

It occurs to me that Distant Counter on, say, Lucina would actually be a good deterrent against Nino. On the other hand, Desperation... Yeah still fucked. Sheesh.

Err. Does Nino double Lucina? They're tied for speed. Where is +5 Speed coming from?

I haven't thought about Roy much but Swordbreaker on reds tends to be a reliable choice and I'd say it's definitely better than Seal Def.

Yea I started to notice how unnecessary Seal Def was. He already deletes green units and Swordbreaker would just give him more coverage. It was either that or Vantage.

Edit: Dammit, thought Sully had Swordbreaker 3 at 4*. Guess I'll have to wait unless Swordbreaker 2 is good enough

Welp, I got my new S7 today, and was planning on rolling for the Hinoka banner. Now I get to brag.

My first roll:

+attack/-Def Linde

My second roll:

+attack/-res Hinoka

Now I need to figure out what build to give them. But first, I need to boost an Odin to 5* quickly...

EDIT: All of the image links are broken on my end right now. Can't make sure the image is showing up, so tell me if it is missing
You can click the name for the images. I mean, they aren't too special, but some people like to see.

Achtius

grats on the +atk hinoka :D

I got a +def/-atk palla (ugh, i'll probably giver her +3 ATK passive and user her until something better comes along) and +spd/-def hinoka.

My flier emblem team is ready. Going to save orbs....for real this time.

the good thing is i got enough palla to make 4 goad fliers.

Etria

Welp, I got my new S7 today, and was planning on rolling for the Hinoka banner. Now I get to brag.

My first roll:

+attack/-Def Linde

My second roll:

+attack/-res Hinoka

Now I need to figure out what build to give them. But first, I need to boost an Odin to 5* quickly...

EDIT: All of the image links are broken on my end right now. Can't make sure the image is showing up, so tell me if it is missing

Nice summons! The links are broken on my end too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom