• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

random question, what happens if a unit with brave weapon (2x attack) inherits Effie's Wary fighter? Can the unit still double attack but wouldn't receive double? I don't know if I'm explaining this right xD

The thing is, I have a 5* Hinoka since day one and she's very useful when attacking, but on defense she's extremely frail due to her low speed (and her weapon grants -5 spd) and she usually gets double attacked by mosly everyone. So I was thinking to give her Wary fighter from a 4* Effie I just received and won't use (I already have a 5* Effie) to compensate. But I don't know if that will shut down her innate double attack or not :S

spiritfox

random question, what happens if a unit with brave weapon (2x attack) inherits Effie's Wary fighter? Can the unit still double attack but wouldn't receive double? I don't know if I'm explaining this right xD

The thing is, I have a 5* Hinoka since day one and she's very useful when attacking, but on defense she's extremely frail due to her low speed (and her weapon grants -5 spd) and she usually gets double attacked by mosly everyone. So I was thinking to give her Wary fighter from a 4* Effie I just received and won't use (I already have a 5* Effie) to compensate. But I don't know if that will shut down her innate double attack or not :S

You can't give Wary Fighter to non-armor units.

But anyway, Brave Lance still doubles under Wary Fighter. Basically Brave weapons turn all attacks into double attacks, so if you normally hit twice, you'll hit 4 times with a Brave weapon.

ggx2ac

Spent a little more, was expecting I would get Camilla. Got Minerva like I wanted.

Now my Minerva is level 40+4.

If I can't get more orbs I'll give up on getting 5* Palla. I mean, I might end up getting Lucina again from that banner for the third time for some reason.

Mupod

Oh shit. I figured both events might come earlier than expected as they were in the datamine, which usually means something incoming within a week. The big news here is the Effie/Kagero banner that'll come with him - I was all set to burn some on the wyvern banner due to its high chance of a 5*. But I have a lot of greens right now.

Anyways, it should be an easy one if the map matches the one from the nintendo direct. Also the first time I ever had overpowered units to tackle one with.

S75hquX.jpg

Although thinking about it Robin could solo half of this if I brought him instead of Linde.

Ekid

Well first pull on the wyverns banner gave me a +speed -hp Minerva. First time I feel lucky in this game.

I think I will try to get Palla on the other banner, even 3* would be good enough.

Samstrike

I got a Hinoka with a terrible nature +spd/- atk. Should I just give her Hone Fliers skill to another character or what?

And since I started playing that game i got 8 characters which are 5* and 3 of those are Minerva (only one where she is on the banner). The game really want me to play with Minerva... it's getting a litlle bit ridiculous! Well at least she is a good unit! The rest of my main team is Marth, Effie and Takumi so it's not that bad.

My second 5* team is coming along nicely. Spring Chrom is the fucking ace on the team and can handle a lot of shit, I'm tempted to change out his axe for a better*5 weapon but I hesitate to lose that +4 HP recover. Eirika support the others well and giving he the +ATK skill has given her just enough power to be able to defend herself as well. Marth is fragile but hits like a brickhouse and Jaffer with Life and Death 3 and his high ace do well at distance threats.

My 4* is meh and in need of work. Nino can't handle everything by herself so Palla is her protector and does well at it. But the dragon feel utterly underpowered and feel like they are just meatbags there to keep things away from Nino and Palla.

Oh and I take back what I said earlier, Spring Xander is trash and I fully intend to either feather them or pass down their weapons to somebody.

Mupod

I got a Hinoka with a terrible nature +spd/- atk. Should I just give her Hone Fliers skill to another character or what?

And since I started playing that game i got 8 characters which are 5* and 3 of those are Minerva (only one where she is on the banner). The game really want me to play with Minerva... it's getting a litlle bit ridiculous! Well at least she is a good unit! The rest of my main team is Marth, Effie and Takumi so it's not that bad.

You could give that Hinoka's Brave Lance+ to Effie.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That feeling you get when your perfect arena run is stomped into the ground by a team of plus 10 Julia, azura, Takumi and Eirika. I don't understand how matchmaking works. This team shouldn't be near mine.

_Legacy_

Cracked 4.4k in the arena on a flawless run with Effie, Azrua, MRobin and Jafar. Nearly got fucked over in the final match, faced a souped up +2 Julia, which was bad news considering my team is 75% blue. Baited her with Robin and had Jafar take her out, the rest was a breeze with with Effie.

Samstrike

You could give that Hinoka's Brave Lance+ to Effie.

Well would have been a good idea but I already killed a Donnel for that Brave Lance+.

And OMG pulled again and got a freaking Hector! 38 orbs and got Hinoka, Minerva and Hector this morning... not bad not bad at all!

Scum

That feeling you get when your perfect arena run is stomped into the ground by a team of plus 10 Julia, azura, Takumi and Eirika. I don't understand how matchmaking works. This team shouldn't be near mine.

Good thing that it's getting sorted out this month.

MiTYH

Went in for 3 multipulls on the Wyrven banner, since I have little to no flying units at all.

On the third one, pulled Beruka, which is double good since I need green units. Stopping there, almost out of orbs as it is, but I'd say it was worth it.

Mupod

I haven't been able to field a full 5* team ever, the first few weeks I only had Lyn and Robin and since then I've always had to bring 3* and 4* for the bonus. I've also used a 4* Olivia in most of them. The matchmaking interprets this as 'ok fight four top tier 5* every time'.

Ninferno

Julia, Azura, and Takumi all have 160ish BST though. If you run a team of relatively high BST units like armored and dragons, it isn't uncommon to run into +x Julias. Hopefully with the upcoming April update things will change for the better.

As of now, things aren't pretty for someone like me who run a team of Effie, Nowi, and Fury 3 Marth, all having 180ish BST. I run into blue dancer and +10 mages all the time, and I know how much hell these teams can bring... As a result, I have come to settle for a simple rule myself: once I reach 4/7 in a streak, on the 5th game onward, whenever I see Azura/Ninian/Linde/Julia/Nino(I'm not as afraid of Tharja because I run two blues) as enemy leader, I skip without hesitation. Eirika is also a bad sign but normally, buff-centric team owners will not put Eirika as the leader because they want Eirika in the middle to buff two guys.

Of course, this will cost you a few more dueling swords but I'd say it is well worth it. Better waste a sword then potentially running into a team I'm almost guaranteed to have huge problem with and results in a broken streak. Overall, this strategy has worked out for me this week and I finally broke 4600 with a deathless streak.

BTW, my "to skip" list is ever-evolving and as things like Flier Emblem gain more traction I will probably add Hinokas and Pallas and alike to it...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Julia, Azura, and Takumi all have 160ish BST though. If you run a team of relatively high BST units like armored and dragons, it isn't not uncommon to run into +x Julias. Hopefully with the incoming April update things will change for the better.

As of now, things aren't pretty for someone like me who run a team of Effie, Nowi, and Fury 3 Marth, all having 180ish BST. I run into blue dancer and +10 mages all the time, and I know how much hell these teams can bring... As a result, I have come to settle for a simple rule myself: once I reach 4/7 in a streak, on the 5th game onward, whenever I see Azura/Ninian/Linde/Julia/Nino(I'm not as afraid of Tharja because I run two blues) as enemy leader, I skip without hesitation. Eirika is also a bad sign but normally, buff-centric team owners will not put Eirika as the leader because they want Eirika in the middle to buff two guys.

Of course, this will cost you a few more dueling swords but I'd say it is well worth it. Better waste a sword then potentially running into a team I have huge problem with and results in a broken streak. Overall, this strategy has worked out for me this week and I finally broke 4600 with a deathless streak.

BTW, my "to skip" list is ever-evolving and as things like Flier Emblem gain more traction I will add Hinokas and Pallas to it...

Would definitely agree if I am running multiple armors or other high level characters. But my average is under 170 for this run. This team shoulda been out of my league, and it's not like I fight + characters all the time.

I hear you on the cherry picking opponents - if only we could see the entire team! I usually run 2 greens, so if I see Tharja, I will avoid like the plague unless I'm running Nowi. I keep trying to fit Lucina in because she has a higher BST than Julia, but Julia is just too good at blowing everyone up and checking the cookie cutter Nino + buffer teams that everyone and their brother is running. Not sure what I'm going to do this next arena. I guess use easter Chrom, but both Chrom and Hector might be too much green axe. Maybe I'll finally promote an Effie to use instead of Hector.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did a pull. No 5*s, yet another Odin, but two Fury fodders and a -def +hp 4* Catria. Oh well.

I feel like my game is pretty much stalled at the moment until I find another character I want to add to my team. I think my current team is pretty complete SI-wise so all that's left is to grind up SP for the existing team while waiting for someone new to come along.

Anastasis

My arena team is Lucina, Minerva and Linde (with Robin's tome). What are some decent B skills to give them while I wait for vantage and desperation to come my way? I was thinking swordbreaker for Lucina (to deal with the occasional Eirika) and axebreaker for Minerva. That way they can better deal with their own color when needed. Not sure about Linde.

I have one Moonbow to give - which of the three should I give it to first?

Thank!

Mupod

at this point I want an excuse to pull reds just because I need more skill fodder. I'm even hesitant to give up a single 3* Laslow to give a silver sword and axebreaker 2 to the 4* +atk Selena I want to use as my bonus unit this week. I only have two Laslows. But yeah, I was thinking those skills and a Bonfire from one of my 10 Robins for her should allow her to punch above her weight very effectively. She comes with Triangle Adept, Reposition and Threaten Spd out of the box, the only problems are her normally shit atk and default Armorslayer.

I want Effie and Kagero real bad, so my few orbs are going to get more Subaki and Wrys try for those two tomorrow. Now watch this be the one time I don't get a plague of 3-4 grey orbs per attempt.

Akuun

Getting sick of pulling Sully and Odin tbh

I wonder what happens to Eirika if Lucina gets swordbreaker
I'm pretty sure the swordbreaker user wins because either will probably die to the other if doubled. Eirika can probably kill Lucina with a double if she has some sort of attack buff.

Sully is okay because of free Draw Back without promoting to 4*. It's my freaking barrel full of nothing but 3* Odins that pisses me off.

Actually, I'm pretty tired of getting so many good SI fodder units without any new strong units to use them on. Maybe I should try to join team all-melee.

I'm even hesitant to give up a single 3* Laslow to give a silver sword and axebreaker 2 to the 4* +atk Selena I want to use as my bonus unit this week. I only have two Laslows. But yeah, I was thinking those skills and a Bonfire from one of my 10 Robins for her should allow her to punch above her weight very effectively. She comes with Triangle Adept, Reposition and Threaten Spd out of the box, the only problems are her normally shit atk and default Armorslayer.
I think Selena makes a pretty good tank. I agree that her attack sucks though.

Selena's a bonus character this week? Did the new arena info come out?

Congrats, that's a great score. In case you didn't already know, you can set a different defence team in Arena, which may give you a better chance at a defence score this season. It is the leftmost team when you go into 'Edit Team'.

*facepalm* I knew I was missing something. For some reason I assumed it was just the team I last did an arena match with. That probably means my defense team was some low-level scrub team I was leveling in the training tower. Fingers crossed for the last eight hours!

UltraJay

I have close to 90 orbs at the start of the spring event and easily pulled the spring versions of everyone but Chrom. I've been trying every green jewel with the orbs I earn and I'm almost out with no Chrom. Instead of Chrom, the last 5-star I pulled was Nino. I really thought I could have a complete spring team when I ended up pulling a Camilla as my third unit of the four (I was happy when I got Lucina).

I've been only pulling Green and then stopping once I try all green (or just pulling one if no green). Is that the way to go? I can still try some before the event ends or *gasp* spend some money on it.

Either way I have way more 5 stars than I did before this event... One.

Akuun

If both sides have swordbreaker then they cancels out and it's back to square one. Speed dictates.
Now I'm imagining Eirika and Lucina duking it out with broken swords.

My arena team is Lucina, Minerva and Linde (with Robin's tome). What are some decent B skills to give them while I wait for vantage and desperation to come my way? I was thinking swordbreaker for Lucina (to deal with the occasional Eirika) and axebreaker for Minerva. That way they can better deal with their own color when needed. Not sure about Linde.

Thank!
I'm not so sure about same-type breaker skills if your team already has one red, one green and one blue. IMO same-color breaker skills are useful for teams that are missing a character who can naturally counter that color. For example, a team that has no reds might want to put axebreaker or green tomebreaker on one of their greens to help make up for the lack of a solid counter to greens. But if you have one character of each color represented, you're not as weak to one type anyway. You're probably less likely to get Lucina to fight a red if you could get Linde to do it instead.

For Minerva, you might want to consider Drag Back so that she can pull herself back after flying in for a hit. It might help to keep her safe.

Mupod

Thank!

On-color breakers are strong. It's why I don't want to throw away even 3* Laslows. Maybe not on Minerva who would pretty much only be using it to fight other Minervas (or Anna), could be nice on Lucina to deal with Lyn/Eirika/other Lucinas.

Quick Riposte 2 is my go-to throwaway skill for slow characters, because I have 12 fucking Subakis even after using two of them. But yeah, all of those characters you listed are fast.

Wings of Mercy is sneaky and evil if you've got some extra Cains. Someday down the line I want to create a defense team that has it on at least 2 characters. But yeah, a teleporting Linde could have some uses. Considering she usually kills or gets killed by whatever she's attacking, a seal skill wouldn't be as helpful. Desperation is the goal but if you don't have a Florina, you gotta work with what you have.

edit: moonbow definitely on Linde. Minerva at least has a special out of the box and Luna is great on Lucina. I just got the idea of feeding a Fred to someone for Wings of Mercy and Luna though...

Gotchaye

These Gauntlet banners seemed to offer pretty good odds so I spent my 110 orbs on them. I ended up with a +Atk/-Spd Camilla, which seems decent. Also a -Spd Minerva and a -Spd Lyn. Lyn is utter trash but Minerva at least offers Ward Flyers.

Akuun

Does Quick Riposte protect against double attacks the way breaker skills do? I'm trying to think of a way to make Adult Tiki viable, but her main weakness is getting doubled by everything.

Anastasis

On-color breakers are strong. It's why I don't want to throw away even 3* Laslows. Maybe not on Minerva who would pretty much only be using it to fight other Minervas (or Anna), could be nice on Lucina to deal with Lyn/Eirika/other Lucinas.

Quick Riposte 2 is my go-to throwaway skill for slow characters, because I have 12 fucking Subakis even after using two of them. But yeah, all of those characters you listed are fast.

Wings of Mercy is sneaky and evil if you've got some extra Cains. Someday down the line I want to create a defense team that has it on at least 2 characters. But yeah, a teleporting Linde could have some uses. Considering she usually kills or gets killed by whatever she's attacking, a seal skill wouldn't be as helpful. Desperation is the goal but if you don't have a Florina, you gotta work with what you have.

edit: moonbow definitely on Linde. Minerva at least has a special out of the box and Luna is great on Lucina. I just got the idea of feeding a Fred to someone for Wings of Mercy and Luna though...

Thanks! Don't think I have a wings of mercy yet either. Bummer!

Sushen

It looks like they stop giving free 2 daily orbs. Orb famine has come while they dropped 3 banners. Nice, I got the message!

Pejo

Is the new matchmaking in effect now? Because my usual arena team of 2 lvl 40s mixed with 2 level 1's just to get to the 3000 score tier is getting paired up with teams of 4 40's and some 40+s. I am not understanding how this new system works. Is there any advantage to running low units now at all?

Mupod

Yeah I really want to pull on the wyvern banner because the chance for a 5* is quite high. I could use a level 1 Camilla for the upcoming event as well, assuming it works the same way as last time. But I already have 3 5* greens...

Does Quick Riposte protect against double attacks the way breaker skills do? I'm trying to think of a way to make Adult Tiki viable, but her main weakness is getting doubled by everything.

It does not. It just means you will get a double attack if attacked above the HP threshold.

Mupod

It looks like they stop giving free 2 daily orbs. Orb famine has come while they dropped 3 banners. Nice, I got the message!

didn't we only go one day without the 2 orb daily login bonus before they turned on the 'starter bonus' turning it into 2+1?

at this point it seems odd they'd get rid of it at all, but I don't know if that's any stranger than constantly replacing it with a different 2 orb event.

Question on Quick Riposte, what HP% does it take, when the battle initiates or after the attacker has attacked?

when combat initiates. Wouldn't be very useful otherwise! Think of it like Hector, his axe literally gives him Quick Riposte 2.

Sushen

when combat initiates. Wouldn't be very useful otherwise! Think of it like Hector, his axe literally gives him Quick Riposte 2.
So, it could be useful for units with low Def which will get killed if attacked during enemy's turn?

So, it could be useful for units with low Def which will get killed if attacked during enemy's turn?

It's best on tankier units that have low speed. Think Ephraim, Eldigan, Hector as mentioned.

There's a lot of down side to it though in that it doesn't prevent you from getting doubled, just allows your character to double the unit attacking you. After one use you are likely under the threshold to activate it even with Quick Riposte 3. Not to mention Quick Riposte 3 is hard to come by for inheritance. Would prefer to go with a Breaker skill if your are low on speed. Has a higher threshold and will prevent the other unit from doubling you and you will double back.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well I now have 3 5* Camillas..... I wanted to get one of the others after getting the first one T_T.
Camilla - +Spd, -Def
Camilla - +Atk, -Def
Camilla - +Res, -Def

Those banes... seriously.....

kswiston

I don't see even whale accounts having +10 to all of those. I may be mistaken, but I don't think Azura was even featured. I wish there were better solutions to people hacking their rosters. Even if thry get softbanned, they are still messing up arena for legit players.

Akuun

Well I now have 3 5* Camillas..... I wanted to get one of the others after getting the first one T_T.
Camilla - +Spd, -Def
Camilla - +Atk, -Def
Camilla - +Res, -Def

IVs are just such an annoying mechanic. :( Though to be fair, Camilla is kind of glass cannon-ey in the first place so maybe the +atk or +spd ones are fine.

I think I have three 4* Effies and they have very similar IVs to those lol.

Sushen

There's a lot of down side to it though in that it doesn't prevent you from getting doubled, just allows your character to double the unit attacking you. After one use you are likely under the threshold to activate it even with Quick Riposte 3. Not to mention Quick Riposte 3 is hard to come by for inheritance. Would prefer to go with a Breaker skill if your are low on speed. Has a higher threshold and will prevent the other unit from doubling you and you will double back.
When you double with quick reposte, do you double first before enemy doubles? Or alternate like normal?

Mupod

Camilla - +Spd, -Def
Camilla - +Atk, -Def
Camilla - +Res, -Def

er, those are really good stats for Camilla. The only hits she's good at taking are magic anyways. +atk is the best to have on all brave weapon users and Camilla can quad a lot of things with +spd and darting blow.

Whelp, the orb well is dry. Did a few more pulls...good luck has moved on. Nothing great but at least got character variety with a Priscilla and a Palla, new to my roster (just 3 and 4 star respectively). Will just strengthen the current collection for now, awaiting any major new character intros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom