• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 isn't enough imho since single map costs 20+ at higher levels

that's why I want them to improve the way of stamina restoring. larger stamina doesn't really mean anything much if free item to restore it still scarce. let's say current max is 100, and you'll only can do extra 1 or 2 maps then it's the same business of waiting it to refill. instead of you playing it let's say every 4 hours (since it took 250 minutes to recover from 0 to 50), now it's 8 hours instead.
other stamina-based game usually will have daily missions & login bonus which usually generously gives player stamina restorative item, sometimes there's weekly missions as well. here? we stuck with monthly mission on top of weekend login bonus lol (this ignoring any kind of event ongoing in the game)

ggx2ac

How is this even possible? Did you not face any Hectors/Takumis?

Not any hectors during that one.

Right now I just fought two Takumis and I had no choice but to lose two units to weaken him since losing units lowers your score for the match.

My main three are Hector, Ryoma and Young Tiki. My account has been shitting out 3* and bad 4*(aside from cordelia) since for about 60 stones. In total I'm 80 stones in about. I've been trying to pull a decent mage or ranged with no luck. Do I even need range with my two counter heroes? Am I better off using a healer or some other form of Utility? I like Cordelia but she just get's torn up by everything now and tends to end up a sacrifice. This discussion is PvP related.
d73zw7d.png

ggx2ac

How is this even possible? Did you not face any Hectors/Takumis?

Now I just faced another Level 50 Takumi, this time there was a level 39 Hector with him.

But again, like my last post. I had to lose two units to end up beating both of them.

So I still won, lost some points though, only got 515.

Edit: It happened again! This time level 39 Hector, level 40 Takumi and a level 40 Azura.

Still survived with two units left.

Dragner

My 2 cents for arena defending:

Takumi is bad, IA is retard and opponent will put their hector or Robin in front and takumi will run into his death.
Armored are bad. They do nothing, really.
Dancers are good. People will fall into security feeling and forget about sing/dance
Nowi is great. Idk why she isnt ss tier in any of the arena ratings. She is perfect on both offense and defense.

Now I just faced another Level 50 Takumi, this time there was a level 39 Hector with him.

But again, like my last post. I had to lose two units to end up beating both of them.

Edit: It happened again! This time level 39 Hector, level 40 Takumi and a level 40 Azura.

Well at least that team was worth a lot of points. I would love to find those. Any time I lose a single unit I drop to 400-450.

Kouriozan

This arena event showed me how bad I'm at strategy, or 3* can only get you so far.
I thought I had a balanced team, archer/sword/wind mage/axe, but the latters get destroyed since everyone is red.

Firemind

What? How do you beat Hector? Don't you do single digits?

Takumi isn't OP or anything but usually he just numerically bruteforces me. To be fair, most of my units are lvl. 36/37.

Jacobs

I just experienced a weird bug. There was a 0.1 mb update, and after that the sound was messed up. It sounded like it was in slow-motion, really creepy.

Dragner

Takumi isn't OP or anything but usually he just numerically bruteforces me. To be fair, most of my units are lvl. 36/37.

Hector is countered by any red sword, they can wait for him to attack(to get around his double attack passive) and then retaliate. People like Lyn, Lucina, Marth,...are all great vs Hector. Red mages not so much since you have to attack him first and he will double counter kill you.

ggx2ac

You should see what kind of damage Minerva and Camilla does. It's double digits, and it takes out Hector. He's not that hard unless you fielded a whole team of blues.

PsionBolt

Trying to take advantage of the average-level shenanigans in Arena to get this Lunatic quest done, but darn is it tough without a dancer. I've been fielding a low-level healer instead, but it's far, far less good. I must say, though, Selena does work against Hector, even at only 4*. She's been my weakest link in other matchups, but hooray for Armorslayer.

Isn't Olivia free one of these days? When's that, again?

redcrayon

My 2 cents for arena defending:

Takumi is bad, IA is retard and opponent will put their hector or Robin in front and takumi will run into his death.
Armored are bad. They do nothing, really.
Dancers are good. People will fall into security feeling and forget about sing/dance
Nowi is great. Idk why she isnt ss tier in any of the arena ratings. She is perfect on both offense and defense.

Well at least that team was worth a lot of points. I would love to find those. Any time I lose a single unit I drop to 400-450.
Nowi isn't top at the moment due to the comparatively high number of relatively common Falchion users that instakill her (Marth, Lucinda etc). As more characters are released she'll get even better as far as the odds of encountering Falchion decrease.

I'm appreciating the extra feathers from arena. Although probably only because of how generous they've been with the dueling crests, which makes a difference. Promoted Donnell and Serra to four star and Cecilia to three. Maybe not the most efficient use but they all give me some needed variety for team line ups. Having said that I've been running about three teams trying to level up a bunch of different units I like that give me a wider variety of unit types. Probably why my main team is still only late twenties - again not the most efficient, but hey. I've finished the story missions on "normal".

Arena "intermediate" quests nearly killed me. I hate fighting Takumi, but I've noticed a pretty big discrepancy in how lethal he can, depending on either level or star rating (not sure if he can be pulled as less than 5). Definitely killed any streaks I started to build up, which is probably a pretty good risk/reward system. Just have to work on the overall wins now for the month, and I wasn't going to rush since I doubt I'll get far with the "hard" missions.

I have a heap of red units, and a very limited variety of everything else which is a shame. No Hector for me, which isn't too surprising - blue and green seem very limited at the moment. Hopefully the new banner helps. Do we know what this upcoming event is about? guess it'll hit tomorrow anyway.

I can't wait until some we get the Radiant units. Ike, Soren (better be green), Sothe & Nephenee has to be done. Given time I'd like to start running theme teams. It's one thing (amongst others, but I'm half a bottle of rum deep and you know what I mean) that annoys me about gacha games - at least in something like Star Wars Heroes you can actively work towards earning a particular character, with a few exceptions. I like the collection aspect, so I'll keep doing the daily special maps even if I only get a two-star I never use.

I'd love to see the maps get bigger and the scope get wider, maybe with light/dark magic and Laguz could make things more interesting. I'm assuming everyone will just get red/green/blue/colourless though.

Well, enough of my ramblings.

Addi

Damn, my Robin slays everything in arena! He takes out 3-4 characters each time while my other characters only have to survive. So many reds + Takumi out there. I'll probably get 20 000 feathers really soon, going to send som people home.

Who should I make 5*? My 4* Marth or 4* Chrom? Both have the Falchion that would come in handy. I really like Marth because of smash though :p

Sölf

So, with my 4178 points I am rank 2756 at the moment. Let's see if I manage to stay in the top 5000, but I somehow doubt that.

Anyone have thoughts on Beruka?

I got her as a 4* on my second account and I feel like she does pretty well. She might be who I upgrade to 5* (rest of the team is 5* Tiki, 5* Robin and 5* Takumi.)

Achtius

Jesus, 1 ryoma and 3 takumis in arena, lost two units because of that. Was trying to get 7 wins without losing too much units.

Piotrek

I desperately need a 4* axe unit, and the only ones I have now are Gunther, Anna, and Karst. Who's the best one to promote from this bunch? I'm leaning towards Gunther, since I already have 5* Peri and the cavalry boost looks like it would go nicely when coupled with Jagen's and Peri's def debuff.

That also leaves the matter of the designated swordsman. I have 5* Lucina, Caeda and Roy. Roy is kinda meh, but I'm torn between the other two. Caeda's mobility and armorslayer seems great, but so does Lucina's self-heal and passive atk boosts.
Thoughts, anyone?

soultron

Banned
Dumb question, but is there any point to Arena fights (aside from mad EXP) when you've hit >3001 offense score?

They're really pushing us to do Arena right now, what with the 10 free packs of dueling swords that got gifted to us today.

Achtius

Dumb question, but is there any point to Arena fights (aside from mad EXP) when you've hit >3001 offense score?

They're really pushing us to do Arena right now, what with the 10 free packs of dueling swords that got gifted to us today.

Higher ranking give you more feathers too

Odd that Google Play Store thinks my S7 edge is incompatible with this game. Any other S7 (edge) owners here?

It feels awkward knowing that a game that you really want to play isn't running any time soon.

Reading all of you playing around in the game kind of makes me envious. Feels like I'm missing out. I probably just need to wait a bit more...

Odd that Google Play Store thinks my S7 edge is incompatible with this game. Any other S7 (edge) owners here?

It feels awkward knowing that a game that you really want to play isn't running any time soon.

Reading all of you playing around in the game kind of makes me envious. Feels like I'm missing out. I probably just need to wait a bit more...

You could just side load the apk. Apkpure was what I used for Pokemon go updates when they weren't on the us store yet. It's reputable.

Try the apk?

Achtius

Where do you see your rank?

Click check reward in arena

If you look at the rating chart, 3001+ is the highest score and reward tier you can get. I'm wondering if should save my dueling swords until reset since I'm above 3001 right now, essentially.

I mean your actual rank vs other people, the higher rank you are, get more feather you can get. click on score type to switch between offense, defense, and rank

Gotchaye

Landed just outside of the top 1000 with 4332 points. My Lucina, Tiki, and 2x Takumi just can't get through a 2x blue team without sacrificing someone. I think I lost a hero in 3 of the 7 battles.

Now that I've locked in a good score I'm experimenting with fitting my Catria in there, but it's hard to see who I should replace. Tiki is my only source of magic damage, so she's safe. Lucina is really hard to give up because of her raw damage output; not much else can just step in and wipe out just about anything that's not blue the way she can, and her aura attack buff is actually really helpful in bumping people up over critical thresholds. So I dropped the weaker of my two Takumis, but in the few battles I've played so far I feel like I'd have done better with the old team. I'm also not seeing any drop in points going from 4x boosted heroes to 3x.

Just got my 4* Cordelia to lvl 40

Don't know if there have been conclusions on the differences between a 4* and a 5* yet, but feel free to draw your own.

Wow, this is a pretty big difference. 5* Cordelia's a 160 rating while 4* is 146. That's like 4 levels' difference, and more than the difference between armored infantry like Hector and other infantry.

If you look at the rating chart, 3001+ is the highest score and reward tier you can get. I'm wondering if should save my dueling swords until reset since I'm above 3001 right now, essentially.

Feathers are the main draw, so I'd wait until the reset unless have a lot of the arena quests outstanding that you want to finish.

Also I am not happy with Eliwood's art.

ggx2ac

I almost have 20k feathers very soon, I think I'm going to spend it on female Corrin. Is there a possibility that there is another 4* character that it is better to spend on?

I may not use it on male Robin since there's always the chance I might end up rolling him on banner.

If you haven't noticed, go to check rewards: Tap on score type: Offense, to see defense and rank.

You'll see that you get three awards, one for offense, defense and, rank.

soultron

Banned
Click check reward in arena

I mean your actual rank vs other people, the higher rank you are, get more feather you can get. click on score type to switch between offense, defense, and rank

Ahh, great! Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't realize there was a Rank score too -- I totally missed that.

Dueling continues!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
at last...the whole party above lvl 35. Thats all for now. Still hope to max level them while Tower is half stam but i will get there eventually anyway.

After that ill somehow try to level up 3*Lissa and 4*Kagero.

beta_fuse

Omg I can't roll a 5* hero for the life of me. I have 44 heroes and 1 freaking 5* :( I'm done spending real money on this with my luck.

Currently using 2 Takumis, 2* Lissa and 4* Olivia. Don't have any other decent units yet. Ranked 30000 in the arena right now. Should I try rolling for some more? Which focus should I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom