• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
What's the fuss about Robin, am I missing something? I concede that I got his 3* version but he doesnt dish a whole lot of dmg. Nino was Merlin compared to him though more fragile...

chrono01

What's the fuss about Robin, am I missing something? I concede that I got his 3* version but he doesnt dish a whole lot of dmg. Nino was Merlin compared to him though more fragile...
From what I've read, he really only shines at 5*. Great character though. I hate facing him in the arena since Tiki is red, Takumi is weak to magic, and my only strong green is a 4* Fae. :/

Impulsor

I upgraded my 4 Star Camilla with my 10K feathers.

Now to level her up to 40. She will take Tharja's place, so my 5* team will be:

Takumi
Ryoma
Robin
Camilla

Malakhov

Banned
From what I've read, he really only shines at 5*. Great character though. I hate facing him in the arena since Tiki is red, Takumi is weak to magic, and my only strong green is a 4* Fae. :/

So he's basicly useless unless 5*? Crap, sure wish I knew that when I started playing with him, lyn and tiki.

Wonder if it's worth leveling him and hoping I get enough to upgrade him to 5*?

Theosmeo

I'm so taking narcian to 5* tomorrow, best character in the game so far hands down.

Look how pumped he is about being evil:

fQjnFC0.png

So he's basicly useless unless 5*? Crap, sure wish I knew that when I started playing with him, lyn and tiki.

Unless you're a healer or a dancer that's everyone lol

chrono01

I wouldn't say he's useless, just doesn't show his potential until 5*. Still a nice unit regardless, but then I don't have him personally so I can't say for certain how he performs.

Malakhov

Banned
I wouldn't say he's useless, just doesn't show his potential until 5*. Still a nice unit regardless, but then I don't have him personally so I can't say for certain how he performs.

I had Nino 4* and when I got Robin, I replaced Nino with him. Nino could mostly one shot pretty much all units. Robin barely scratches them so far :(

That stupid arena map with the vertical walls that you have to break down on either side is absolutely infuriating. Any time I try to run a team that isn't "haHAA takumi carry" I end up getting destroyed because of the layout and that stupid tree that forces a choke only on your side of the map. :l

Malakhov

Banned
I'm so taking narcian to 5* tomorrow, best character in the game so far hands down.

Look how pumped he is about being evil:

fQjnFC0.png

Unless you're a healer or a dancer that's everyone lol

Really? Nino 4* was pretty useful and complimented my Lyn and Tiki pretty well.

Is there a website with the costs of upgrading units somewhere? Cant seem to find one.

chrono01

I had Nino 4* and when I got Robin, I replaced Nino with him. Nino could mostly one shot pretty much all units. Robin barely scratches them so far :(
Maybe he'll improve when he gets to 4*? I understand your hesitation, though. Feathers aren't exactly easy to get.

Maybe someone with a 4* Robin can chime in and say how good/bad he is. I've only seen him at 5*, so my impressions of him are a little skewed.

Hahahahahaha. U must be new for gacha game there.^^

who me? nah. i'm just making fun a bit because few days ago there's such a "reaction" @ $1k like it's really big amount that ends up having a thread, and today it's $4k but no thread at all! :^)

That stupid arena map with the vertical walls that you have to break down on either side is absolutely infuriating. Any time I try to run a team that isn't "haHAA takumi carry" I end up getting destroyed because of the layout and that stupid tree that forces a choke only on your side of the map. :l

tbh I rather get that map compared to that one open field where your units on opposite corners

jwhit28

Robin gets a skill that gives him weapon advantage over colorless units. He sort of got a reputation as a Takumi killer.

Theosmeo

Really? Nino 4* was pretty useful and complimented my Lyn and Tiki pretty well.

Is there a website with the costs of upgrading units somewhere? Cant seem to find one.

4* can be useful but they get less experience and level fewer stats, so at higher levels they fall off hard. Upgrading from 3* > 4* is 2000 and 4 > 5 is 20000, but these can be reduced by 300 if the unit has merged with a unit of the same star count. Dupes also let you level above 40 s they are great

Malakhov

Banned
Maybe he'll improve when he gets to 4*? I understand your hesitation, though. Feathers aren't exactly easy to get.

Maybe someone with a 4* Robin can chime in and say how good/bad he is. I've only seen him at 5*, so my impressions of him are a little skewed.

Yeah, since we got 10000 feathers I might get him to 4*.

Robin gets a skill that gives him weapon advantage over colorless units. He sort of got a reputation as a Takumi killer.

So my take is he's an arena unit?

4* can be useful but they get less experience and level fewer stats, so at higher levels they fall off hard. Upgrading from 3* > 4* is 2000 and 4 > 5 is 20000, but these can be reduced by 300 if the unit has merged with a unit of the same star count. Dupes also let you level above 40 s they are great

Thanks for the info. I think I will upgrade him, unless I summon someone better soon.

Malakhov

Banned
Mostly. He is good against sword lords too.

Thanks for the info. Makes me hesitate whether it's worth it then.

I have three great red units in Lyn, Tiki and Roy. Robin is the only decent blue unit I've got and I am still trying to catch agood green or grey unit, nothing great there. That's why I still dont want to give up on Robin yet.

Sölf

Ahahaha

This was my team, despite fighting Takumi I still managed to get 4,131 points.

Now to wait for the rank to update.

I have to thank Roman. After I lost my fifth intermediate battle yesterday, did an advance battle and won, loose my first new battle today which was intermediate and then continued to only do advance battles...

I now have 4178 points. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dragner

Robin is fantastic in Arena. Best mage there hands down. Until the meta shiftes Robin eats Lucinas, Takumis, Lyns,Tikis... with ease.

I dont think he needs to be good anywhere else. You can beat the story with anybody.

Sölf

SalvaPot

Guess I am upgrading my 4 star Robin with all this talk about how much better it is as a 5 star. Its ok now but it certainly lacks punch.

Sölf

Also, I used my feathers to upgrade FCorrin, Nino, Sharena, Alfonse and Anna to 4*. I mainly did that becasue I like them all and all are somewhat useful, even at 4* and the other reason being I still need goo infantry for the 6-1 Lunatic quest.

And that aside, I would have needed 8k more Feathers to upgrade a 4* to 5* anyway, so I just wait a bit with that.

RalchAC

Nice to see they have added some new Quests so people can obtain Feathers more easily.

I've done a 7/7 row with "Beginner" matches. Now I'm at 2/7 at "Intermidiate". I'll see how it goes.

I hope they adjust Stamina too. It's not my first rodeo with Gacha games, but I dont think it's well balanced in this game:

- The amount of max stamina is fixed. Once you reach level 15 quests, you won't be able to do more than 6 maps before it's depleted. And they are quite short more often than not.
- Despite stamina being fixed, quest cost increases the more you advance in the story. I haven't gone that far, but some people says that clearing 2 Lunatic maps depletes their bar.
- The training tower won't give that much EXP per stamina when the current event ends. And with the scarcity of Shards and Crystals, leveling units is quite hard unless you hit the tower. Getting the Emblems for evolving units in higher tiers would be quite costly too.
- Changing skills for an stamina cost is stupid.

They've added Arena quests after people pointed out how hard it's to get Feathers. Hope they adjust this too. I don't know, they could do something like increase max stamina for each story chapter you complete.

Theosmeo

Thanks for the info. I think I will upgrade him, unless I summon someone better soon.

Guess I am upgrading my 4 star Robin with all this talk about how much better it is as a 5 star. Its ok now but it certainly lacks punch.

Just warning both of you that robin is only as high as he is because he's a takumi counter and because hes the only focus mage which means he's the easiest to get lucky and get at 5 stars, imo raigh, cecila, tharja, and linde are all better but that's less known because way fewer people have them at 5*s. Nino might also be better at 5*s

Also people build around robin because he's meta right now, so it's gunna be harder than going for a niche pick or maybe someone who can't come as a 5*

Sölf

I am pretty sure that at some point we will get more castle upgrades and I wouldn't be suprised if those would increase our Stamina.

But as someone already said yesterday, the game is now a week old and has barely any content, so the high stamina cost isn't that much of a problem.

Dragner

I have Linde and Robin. I use Robin over Linde. He is just plain better right now. Linde defenses suck so she gets one shotted with ease. In a meta where you can leave your mages behind your frontline and be safe I agree that Linde is better since she hits harder and heals.

Theosmeo

I have Linde and Robin. I use Robin over Linde. He is just plain better right now. Linde defenses suck so she gets one shotted with ease. In a meta where you can leave your mages behind your frontline and be safe I agree that Linde is better since she hits harder and heals.

Alright, I think she has more versatility that robin as she fills the role of: camp behind hector and kill the enemies that kill him which no one else can do like she can. I think Robin's also a little overshadowed by Cecilia as well because of her 3 mov letting her pin down support better and outpace takumi despite her worse stats. It all really depends on map though which is sad they don't give us a prep screen

tbh I don't mind 50 stamina at this current point. it's just the lack of free restoring method. yeah they did give 10 (I think?) restore item but that's not enough imo. they really need to stop limiting daily login bonus to weekend only and make it everyday (daily launch bonus don't count since it's temporary_

The amount of people on reddit who are "Rank 5 in arena and here is my pro-Arena advice" and then proceed to give out such grand tips like "Takumi is overrated as long as you counter him lol" and "Yeah, just don't mess up and have characters that beat the enemy team and you'll win" is a new kind of suffering. Of course, none of them happen to have screenshots of their ranking. Thinking...

Theosmeo

So, what's the deal with arena tiers?

They just summarize who's best at taking down other teams and who's hardest to take down when AI controlled. I the only real significant thing I noticed about them was their focus on putting focus characters(most likely to roll as 5*) at the top. Imho most units are probably actually good around top level play if they're 5* due to how easy it is to abuse the AI and the fact that once your team hit's across the board 40s advanced will equal intermediate in level so you can get streaks if you plat smart and build a team that covers its own weaknesses

ggx2ac

Sölf;229999633 said:
I have to thank Roman. After I lost my fifth intermediate battle yesterday, did an advance battle and won, loose my first new battle today which was intermediate and then continued to only do advance battles...

I now have 4178 points. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

That's cool.

I just got 4,221 points with all fliers and no red weapons.

tbh I don't mind 50 stamina at this current point. it's just the lack of free restoring method. yeah they did give 10 (I think?) restore item but that's not enough imo. they really need to stop limiting daily login bonus to weekend only and make it everyday (daily launch bonus don't count since it's temporary_

50 isn't enough imho since single map costs 20+ at higher levels

NawtKool

Neo Member
Just got my 4* Cordelia to lvl 40

NIin2j2.png

Don't know if there have been conclusions on the differences between a 4* and a 5* yet, but feel free to draw your own.

ggx2ac

Sölf;230000453 said:
Did you loose anyone? I think I lost 2 character (Camilla getting killed by a danced Tiki and I had to suicide Est on a Lucina in order to kill her).

Plenty of times. When I have to deal with Takumi, I need Camilla to attack first because she can tank the hit and then someone else finishes him off.

But, if I am unlucky with the map or positioning, then I would have no choice but to send someone else to weaken him and end up dying.

Sölf

Plenty of times. When I have to deal with Takumi, I need Camilla to attack first because she can tank the hit and then someone else finishes him off.

But, if I am unlucky with the map or positioning, then I would have no choice but to send someone else to weaken him and end up dying.

Hm, then why do you have more points... xD
Maybe you won faster, if that also influences the score. I had to bait and turtle most of the time (mainly because of 2 fliers, both being 4*).

Theosmeo

Sölf;230000527 said:
Maybe you won faster, if that also influences the score. I had to bait and turtle most of the time (mainly because of 2 fliers, both being 4*).

Is score affected by losing units? i assumed it was enemy level added up with modifiers like focus units and streak

Sölf

Is score affected by losing units? i assumed it was enemy level added up with modifiers like focus units and streak

I think someone tested it and said whenever he lost a unit his score was reduced. Was it draxal? Someone posted this a few days ago.

ggx2ac

Sölf;230000527 said:

No, I don't think number of turns affect score.

I just needed to not have to go against Takumi in cramped spaces, even surviving with three members still gave me ~530 points so it was only a short loss.

Theosmeo

Sölf;230000627 said:
I think someone tested it and said whenever he lost a unit his score was reduced. Was it draxal? Someone posted this a few days ago.

hmmm, i noticed no correlation but i sacrifice left and right to seal the deal faster. Great for AI abuse

woopWOOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom