• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a 4 star roy, but I am unable to unlock his potential, any reason for that? Just wondering, dont have the feathers....works for camillia

Ndayday

Neo Member
I'm leveling a side party of 4 stars (because this is what it has come to) and man I'm glad Felicia is still the biggest dork idiot moron ever

goldenpp72

I got hector today, leaving with 3 5 stars and no more orbs since I'm mostly done with lunatic. Hope they do some promos for orbs later, I put 20 bucks in but don't plan to spend more unless they add a lot to do.

Clov

I got corrected..We can't yet.

Not yet? Well, that's annoying. What's a good way to gain levels, in that case? I've only upgraded my castle twice, so should I focus on that?

You can get them from the first training tower you do every day iirc. Just have to do it lunatic on a day when they are available.

Oh, you can get them on lunatic? I don't think my units would survive that yet, to be honest. My units are Effie, Chrom, Tiki, and Camilla, all four stars, all between level 21-23.

Dragner

The fact that no matter how good you are at the game, that you wont lose a single unit on arena on your run, you will never be able to get in the top spots because +10 unit teams get paired against simmilar teams and that gives more points.

I hope its changed that makes a breach between F2P and whales that you cant cross in any possible way. More because Arena is a way to get feathers and feathers are totally useless for whales.

Squarehard

Feeling conflicted about my Lyn.

Almost all the stats have gone into Atk and Spd, but barely anything has gone to HP.

She's like a full on glass cannon. T___T

Danj

Finally. My squad is ready to go.

dbdzOtH.png

Now maybe I can stop wasting all of my free time on this game...

Oh is that you I keep seeing on the Arena list then? Or are names non-unique?

Firemind

The fact that no matter how good you are at the game, that you wont lose a single unit on arena on your run, you will never be able to get in the top spots because +10 unit teams get paired against simmilar teams and that gives more points.

I hope its changed that makes a breach between F2P and whales that you cant cross in any possible way. More because Arena is a way to get feathers and feathers are totally useless for whales.
Do 500/1000 more feathers matter that much? I'm already happy if I can rank in the 5000 tier.

Totakeke

Is that actually confirmed? That would mean that unless people change their own teams, the score ranges shouldn't move much which I don't think is the case so far.

Woke up with 239 defense points. Was always 0 until now. Won't complain!

I still wish I could tell if I'm not getting defence points because my team isn't stopping anyone or just because nobody has picked my team for arena :p
Heck, I'd love to watch replays of the defences to see what worked and what didn't XD

Not yet? Well, that's annoying. What's a good way to gain levels, in that case? I've only upgraded my castle twice, so should I focus on that?

Oh, you can get them on lunatic? I don't think my units would survive that yet, to be honest. My units are Effie, Chrom, Tiki, and Camilla, all four stars, all between level 21-23.

Even then I suppose they drop one time a day with like 200 pieces. You are gonna take forever to train a character with those stones. The best way is upgrading your castle and doing training maps were the enemy slightly out-level you. That's what I'm doing at least. If you aren't done with the story I levelled my guys up to the high 30es almost 40 through it. you know doing all of it on hard and then on lunatic. The arena is also good since it doesn't take stamina.

Dragner

Is that actually confirmed? That would mean that unless people change their own teams, the score ranges shouldn't move much which I don't think is the case so far.

Ive read a reddit guide post by some top arena players and they comment that the total stats of your team matter for the points that give the teams you are paired with.

In other news...changing Leo for Marth gave better results than expected.

Gr1kGlZl.jpg

Somehow when I put together every 5* drop I own I created not bad anti-meta team. And I'm baiting nice number of attacks with Abel in front ;)

Linde is ultimate glass cannon - she almost always scores attack x2 and that deals with almost everything in single salvo. Only problem is enemy mages/archers if they can one shot her. Most of Takumis fortunately fall few hp short of that so I can kill them. Biggest problem -> Hector but Roy And Lucina can solve that.
Abel is also great against Takumi since he gets dual attack when initiating combat so if it wasn't +hp Takumi he is usually dead without retaliation.
Roy was painfully average but that pushed me to equip triangle skill and now he one shots most greens (and makes him completely hopeless against blue). But most important is his push skill which can be used to move units in attack range or to move them out of harms way (usually for saving Linde or Abel from retaliation).
Lucina is surprisingly resilient and can kill most units on her own (except armored red and all blue) and all those dragons are free frags for her.

Also I feel like an idiot - I haven't realized they added 3 tiers of arena quests - so that's lot more feathers to gain.

Dragner

Somehow when I put together every 5* drop I own I created not bad anti-meta team. And I'm baiting nice number of attacks with Abel in front ;)

That team is almost perfect, just Roy is the only that doesnt fit well since you already have a supperior Lord in Lucina and Effie could give you problems if you go deep on lords.

Other than that I love Abel, I would kill for having him, he is so well positioned on this meta. Agree with Linde Im using a terrible Linde (-SPD :() and she still destroys enemy lors with ease.

That team is almost perfect, just Roy is the only that doesnt fit well since you already have a supperior Lord in Lucina and Effie could give you problems if you go deep on lords.

Other than that I love Abel, I would kill for having him, he is so well positioned on this meta. Agree with Linde Im using a terrible Linde (-SPD :() and she still destroys enemy lors with ease.

I should be able to promote 4* next week so I'm thinking on replacing Roy with something green or neutral.

I've got Camilla, Cherche, Frederick, Fae, Cecilia, Felicia plus tomorrow gives 2* Olivia.

Fae is tempting for her pull ability but Olivia could possibly work wonders with Linde

Is Marth worth 5 starring?

If you don't have a decent red user, I think he is decent. He has good stats, falchion heal is nice, and he is a great dragon killer. Pivot is pretty interesting, and he can warp away when in trouble so he has more movement options than most. There are other characters with better killing power since his are more utility focused.

Kadin

So how much fun is the game long-term if you go completely free? I think I really screwed up because I just started the game without much thought and spent the bulk of my orbs on the +XP boosts (all of them to 100%) and then realized I never summoned a single hero. So yeah, whoops. I did buy 2 after, both 4* but I'm fine with that.

I did play Arena and got my first 7-streak doing Intermediate so that felt okay. I like it so far, just wondering how bad I screwed up blowing through my 50ish Orbs and only 2 4* to show for it.

mstevens

So how much fun is the game long-term if you go completely free? I think I really screwed up because I just started the game without much thought and spent the bulk of my orbs on the +XP boosts (all of them to 100%) and then realized I never summoned a single hero. So yeah, whoops. I did buy 2 after, both 4* but I'm fine with that.

I did play Arena and got my first 7-streak doing Intermediate so that felt okay. I like it so far, just wondering how bad I screwed up blowing through my 50ish Orbs and only 2 4* to show for it.

It's most efficient to get the castle upgrades as early as possible, so no worries there. You will get many more orbs to summon as you go through the game. If you're really unhappy with your team (and you haven't spent any money yet) you can always reroll until you get a 5* you like.

elty

I know gatcha games aren't exactly F2P or casual friendly.. but is this better than record keeper or FFBE? Both were horrible especially FFBE with its abysmal rates and rapid hastening power creep.

FFRK > FEH >> FFBE

If you cannot even endure FFRK there is probably no gacha game that you can play.

Kadin

It's most efficient to get the castle upgrades as early as possible, so no worries there. You will get many more orbs to summon as you go through the game. If you're really unhappy with your team (and you haven't spent any money yet) you can always reroll until you get a 5* you like.
How does the reroll work since I have my Nintendo Account linked and spent all my orbs? If I wipe the game and reinstall, do I get them back?

redcrayon

Quite enjoying levelling up one of my 'B' teams at the moment (actually the 'C' team now!). Fir is really cool as the classic swordmaster, with high strength, speed and resistance. Beruka is basically a flying tank with high strength and defence, and even the Fonz is doing well now that he's levelled up a bit.

mstevens

How does the reroll work since I have my Nintendo Account linked and spent all my orbs? If I wipe the game and reinstall, do I get them back?

You won't get the 10 free ones back from linking the account, but you'll be able to reearn all the mission ones. It's a guaranteed 5* (or even more than one) if you reroll long enough, so imo it's more than worth it to sacrifice those 10 free orbs.

If I were you I would unlink, reroll until you get one of the good 5*, upgrade the castle first, use orbs until you fill out a team and then horde the rest for the next banner.

_woLf

I like how I am at an unavoidable disadvantage in terms of gaining points in Arena because I am unlucky and can't pull any of the featured bonus point units.

This is extremely bad game design.

wrowa

Put an 'l' at the end of the img url (before the point) so it isnt so huge. You dont need to quote that way.

Putting a quote around the picture is infinitely superior to that, though. This way, it won't get quoted if someone decides to quote his post and you can just enlarge the picture by clicking on it without having to leave this page.

Moonlight

Banned
I bumped Lyn from Galeforce back down to Night Sky, lol. The more reliable proc and faster damage output is proving way better than the maybe once in a while assassinate and reposition that Galeforce is good for.

I like how I am at an unavoidable disadvantage in terms of gaining points in Arena because I am unlucky and can't pull any of the featured bonus point units.

This is extremely bad game design.

It includes starting units - with the way how matchmaking works currently you could get away with using low level Sharena with 3 of your heavy hitters probably.

redcrayon

It's only been out for a week, I don't think anyone will know until we get a more solid idea of what the promotion schedule over the first few months is like. I haven't paid a penny and have been having a blast though. I like that your three arena matches a day don't count against your stamina, so I've normally got time for quite a few matches on the way to work.

I think long term interest is going to be based around how much you enjoy the gameplay of collecting and levelling up different teams of characters. If you only want one strong team and to play arena matches, with no interest in anyone below the first couple of lines of your roster, I think it'll get boring fairly quickly as the meta settles down.

Kadin

You won't get the 10 free ones back from linking the account, but you'll be able to reearn all the mission ones. It's a guaranteed 5* (or even more than one) if you reroll long enough, so imo it's more than worth it to sacrifice those 10 free orbs.

If I were you I would unlink, reroll until you get one of the good 5*, upgrade the castle first, use orbs until you fill out a team and then horde the rest for the next banner.
Okay thanks, I think I'll do this since I'm still pretty early in.

Couple more questions if I may. What's the best way to do this reroll and then level up the castle? Do people only try their first hero pull to get a 5* and if not, reroll again? And then spend the rest to level up the castle to 100% because I think this will just about blow through the majority of them.

WadeitOut

if you dont have a Lord he is probably the best after Lucina.

If you don't have a decent red user, I think he is decent. He has good stats, falchion heal is nice, and he is a great dragon killer. Pivot is pretty interesting, and he can warp away when in trouble so he has more movement options than most. There are other characters with better killing power since his are more utility focused.

Thanks guys. He is my highest level red and probably my best overall with the way I use pivot with draug tanking. I didn't want to spend the feathers and then end up quitting the game because I wasted them on a bad toon.

Okay thanks, I think I'll do this since I'm still pretty early in.

Couple more questions if I may. What's the best way to do this reroll and then level up the castle? Do people only try their first hero pull to get a 5* and if not, reroll again? And then spend the rest to level up the castle to 100% because I think this will just about blow through the majority of them.

Make 3 first story quest and claim 2 free orbs and make full 5 characters pull. After that (when you are satisfied with roll) I upgraded castle to 60% and then made another pull.

PK Gaming

I hate to be the "Is X good" guy but I just got a 5 star Lilana, is she worth putting effort into?

She's a powerful mage and at 5* she's more or less ready to go. She's disadvantage by the fact that most of the relevant opposing mages/dragons are blue, but she's pretty effective against certain units like Hector, and can typically OHKO staple units like Takumi.

I bumped Lyn from Galeforce back down to Night Sky, lol. The more reliable proc and faster damage output is proving way better than the maybe once in a while assassinate and reposition that Galeforce is good for.

Galeforce is so bad here and yet tons of people still claim it's "THE" skill to have. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom