• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

Third roll is better, but still no Roy or Lyn. Corrin's alright, and I like Eliwood. Unfortunately Eliwood is only 3 stars though. :/

Considering keeping this one.
KxEm21f.png

Kouriozan

Wow, Camilla is super strong, now I understand why she is currently the best unit.
Elise does heal a lot too, might keep this roll after all.
Honestly I think you should just go for you units you want. Day 1 tiers aren't really that important.

Well I just want my Black Knight, don't really care about what I get until then, I will probably hoard everything until he releases, too.

That tier list you're all looking at has already changed significantly in the past hour, it is not reliable and will not be reliable for the upcoming days.

Rixa

This too, I've seen characters go from the top to the bottom within months WITHOUT being nerfed.

Yup, ofc this depends about game but generally new units will always come in month or 2 and so on.

Time to start rerolling, just keeping Altema list as guidance to what I should look for. Since my only touch to FE series is Radiant Dawn (brilliant game, I do still have it).

ggx2ac

The training tower is handy. Basically when you need to grind characters to level 20 to increase their rarity it's better than spending it in story mode to grind stamina-wise from the looks of it.

Oh and Hawkeye's special is an AoE attack which is best.

jwhit28

The training tower is handy. Basically when you need to grind characters to level 20 to increase their rarity it's better than spending it in story mode to grind stamina-wise from the looks of it.

Oh and Hawkeye's special is an AoE attack which is best.

How do you get to the higher tiers of the training tower?

I definitely messed up maxing the castle first. The level curve is completely messed up now (I basically nothing from normal story while hard is still too tough) and I can't exactly get more units to train due to lacking orbs.

moozoom

First time playing a gatcha game, so the jargon and mechanics are a bit obscure to me.
I finished the prologue and cashed in the orbs from the Nintendo account, is there something to know before trying to invoke characters ?

How do you reroll ? Do you have to quit the app or do a special manipulation or is it just an option in the game that allow you to have another go at pulling characters ? I remember reading about some other gacha games where players were re-rolling by cheating the system, creating multiple accounts and so on...

First time playing a gatcha game, so the jargon and mechanics are a bit obscure to me.
I finished the prologue and cashed in the orbs from the Nintendo account, is there something to know before trying to invoke characters ?

How do you reroll ? Do you have to quit the app or do a special manipulation or is it just an option in the game that allow you to have another go at pulling characters ? I remember reading about some other gacha games where players were re-rolling by cheating the system, creating multiple accounts and so on...
You basically can't do it now as you've linked to My Nintendo and taken the one time rewards from that. The idea is of rerolling is you don't link to anything until you've got the roll you want.

At the end of the day it is a gacha game so in a years time the current top tier units are going to be distinctly average.

But honestly some fun of a gacha game is working with the limitations. It is frustrating having the hardest content barred off though which not having great units does.

ok but nearly not as fun as a classic Fire Emblem game
Lack of map preparations screen is making me scream. "I can't choose where my units go, what is this FE5?"

MSMrRound

Downloaded the APK but the game isn't really officially in my country yet...any downsides to selecting US/Canada as the country of choice? Will I be locked out of purchases or anything like that?

jwhit28

Downloaded the APK but the game isn't really officially in my country yet...any downsides to selecting US/Canada as the country of choice? Will I be locked out of purchases or anything like that?

I linked my Nintendo account just fine and even redeemed some coins already.

Worst thing about starting a gacha completely fresh is not knowing if the powercreep to free premium currency ratio is low enough that F2P veteran players won't be at a massive disadvantage to new players like, for example, Dokkan Battle.

Sölf;229566555 said:
I have the same error. I am using an emulator, could that be the reason? D:
doubt emulator is the reason since it happened to me on phone
Same error code here. English version, in US. Was working great on my rooted phone. Then a bit later, I can't do anything, keep getting this communication error.
yeah pretty much the same, finished a chapter then suddenly got loop booted to this

moozoom

You basically can't do it now as you've linked to My Nintendo and taken the one time rewards from that. The idea is of rerolling is you don't link to anything until you've got the roll you want.

Ah. Ok, so I fucked up already.
Maybe putting this info in the OP would be nice for noobs like me who don't know the basics of how to cheat the system.

Something like "If you want to re-roll, don't link your account until..." would have been useful.

But honestly some fun of a gacha game is working with the limitations. It is frustrating having the hardest content barred off though which not having great units does.

Well I guess I will have to count on luck alone, then. Thanks for the answer.

Is it known if there will be alternate ways to get orbs after clearing the game on all modes? Tempted to spend some on stamina but don't want to gimp myself in the long run.

Caim

Is it known if there will be alternate ways to get orbs after clearing the game on all modes? Tempted to spend some on stamina but don't want to gimp myself in the long run.

Login bonuses and events most likely.

I wouldn't spend any on stamina right now, if you really want to refresh you can spend your Platinum Points on Stamina Potions for 100 pts. each but I think the max you can buy is three.

Sarcasm

So as someone as clueless as I, how would you know if your starting characters are good?

If they aren't, how do you and when do you re-roll?

eizarus

Banned
Just done the intro. Game seems like it's gonna be a good experience. But God! That music at the download screen is the cringiest thing I've ever in a long time.

deleted

Maybe try to install it via web link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaba.

Now they work.
I mean Roy seems to be quite good and if you like him sure.
I always go with characters I like, since getting attached to your characters/account is quite important, at least if you are in it for the long run.

Thanks, the .apk worked. Can't connect to the server though, Error 3F3V - rest 0...
I have a 1+1 with CyanogenMod and 6.01 though and it didn't let me download it on the playstore when I finally had the page showing up - maybe it blocked CM cellphones?

ggx2ac

Went to roll. Saw only one red orb, 1 blue, and 3 grey.

"Oh man, I'll have to not spend all of it."

I pick the red orb.

*Waiting with baited breath*

*Special animation appears*

*Sees green hair*

"Holy shit!"

C3qMJNxVUAA4qJj.jpg

Note: this is not on a reroll, I now have three 5* characters.

Caim

Went to roll. Saw only one red orb, 1 blue, and 3 grey.

"Oh man, I'll have to not spend all of it."

I pick the red orb.

*Waiting with baited breath*

*Special animation appears*

*Sees green hair*

"Holy shit!"

C3qMJNxVUAA4qJj.jpg

Note: this is not on a reroll, I now have three 5* characters.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom