• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant say im impressed so far.

battles are piss easy (i got a 5 star lyn and its basically roflstomp)
only a party of 4
simple maps

i could live with all of that but the animations are just non existing.

the illustrations are gorgeous however. ill play it because its fire emblem but this ones the worst of the series easily (so far)

Addi

Same color against same color = normal damage.

Grey = bow and arrow = useful against flying, weak against armored (I think, not sure how it works in this version, haven't found a way to see who is heavy armored vs not.), neutral against everything else.

The book is for magic, same rules apply as weapons. Anything red does more damage against anything green, and so on.

Thanks!

one last thing, why do some attacks suddenly get x2?

tolkir

People links with the NNID without want it, and I can't still do it since this morning because I get a null link. :S

After seeing 5-star Roy and 5-star Takumi *barf* I finally managed to pull a 5-star Lyn after 10-15 rerolls; which is who I was hoping for. Right after that, proceeded to whale for the 39.99 (75 orb) tier since I was holding onto a 25.00 iTunes card for a bit.

So glad to finally start the dang game lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
cant say im impressed so far.

battles are piss easy (i got a 5 star lyn and its basically roflstomp)
only a party of 4
simple maps

i could live with all of that but the animations are just non existing.

the illustrations are gorgeous however. ill play it because its fire emblem but this ones the worst of the series easily (so far)

Comparing a gacha game on its first day of release to stand alone games is dumb. Stop doing that.

Quonny

Thanks!

one last thing, why do some attacks suddenly get x2?

If your speed is higher than the opponent, you can double attack. This is a hidden number requirement and has different thresholds (like you need +5 speed or a weapon type lowering the threshold), but it's based on the speed stat.

WarAdept

UPGRADE YOUR DAMN CASTLES PEOPLE

erucNVo.jpg
h95r553.jpg

Same color against same color = normal damage.

Grey = bow and arrow = useful against flying, weak against armored (I think, not sure how it works in this version, haven't found a way to see who is heavy armored vs not.), neutral against everything else.

The book is for magic, same rules apply as weapons. Anything red does more damage against anything green, and so on.

Thanks for explaining that.

Is it just me, or is the sound in this game pitched down? I remember hearing some of this music during the direct, and it sounds off here. Voices seem a little lower too.

EDarkness

What's the best way to reroll on iOS? I got some crappy characters and ended up deleting the app and installing it again. There HAS to be a better way to do this....

Animekatt

I made a mistake, and rolled immediately after the tutorial, so I was only able to grab 3 heroes:

Ryoma 5*
Tiki 5*
Felicia 3*

Is this ok, or should I reroll and pick 5 characters this time?

Edit: the pic wasn't loading.

Crap I dunno what to do now, I miscounted the orbs and only had enough for 4 of a full 5 pull

But my 4 included a 5 star Lyn and 2 other 4 star characters

:|

JJP12

This game is more fun than I thought it would be. I love the soundtrack and everything looks really nice. I pulled a 5 star Hector on my third re-roll. I'd rather have a 5 star from a game I've actually played but he seems like he'd be a great tank. He looks really cool too.

To re-roll or not? lol decisions decisions

commish

What's the best way to reroll on iOS? I got some crappy characters and ended up deleting the app and installing it again. There HAS to be a better way to do this....

Only way as far as I know. Android folks have other options.

Addi

If your speed is higher than the opponent, you can double attack. This is a hidden number requirement and has different thresholds (like you need +5 speed or a weapon type lowering the threshold), but it's based on the speed stat.

OK! That's the speed stat! Didn't know if it was something to upgrade or not.

Thanks for explaining that.

Right! The game explains the three colours and that's pretty much it.

commish

Crap I dunno what to do now, I miscounted the orbs and only had enough for 4 of a full 5 pull

But my 4 included a 5 star Lyn and 2 other 4 star characters

:|

So... you want to reroll because you only did 4 pulls instead of 5?

What in the world...

Syntsui

I rerolled the entire day and in the end,I couldn't settle with a team better than Camila/Robin + trash.

Now, for real, I'm done. Time to actually play this.Good luck everyone.

WhyMe6

I think there's an EXP glitch in the game. Sometimes during a regular attack but more often during a counter attack or a final blow that triggers mission complete, no experience is rewarded. Anyone else notice this or is there something I'm missing regarding this? Finally, is there any way to report bugs?

Quonny

Some of you are putting way too much effort and thought into rerolling on a game that just came out and will have stronger units and likely game changing systems in the near future.

Like, you're playing day one. You automatically get 2 more orbs than anyone who doesn't start today. So if you accidentally pull 4 instead of 5, oh well. If you pull a 5* and are still talking about rerolling, stop. Just play. This is gacha. The shit you think is amazing at launch may become utter shit in two months and the stuff you think is shit now may become the best unit in the game.

EDarkness

Only way as far as I know. Android folks have other options.

Bummer. Oh well, gotta do what cha gotta do.

Can someone explain this rolling process? I had three blues, a red, and a green orb on my screen. I picked blue since I wanted to get Robin, but I was only able to summon three units on the blue orbs. There were still green and red ones left. How does that work?

Huh, the game is in fact quite fun as a bite-sized activity to pass the time. Little maps and short missions plays well, it's not meant to be a full sized Fire Emblem experience.
It makes me think more of a puzzle strategy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom