• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
FGO took like 8 months or so to blow up to the popularity it has now.

And a lot of that is thanks to the event variety, limited gacha diversity, new gacha illustrations, and crossover fan service.

It's by no means a particularly good or deep smartphone RPG compared to say Granblue, but the amount of advertising it got both paid and free twitter advertisement helped it bounce back a lot and become one of the stronger performing games on smartphones over the past few months.

Like for a couple months after the whole Scathach incident, they really gave me no real reason to play the game until they introduced their new event series like Saber Wars or Garden of Sinners collab.

"Whales" and big spenders make a ton of money for the smartphone game, and while that is nice, if you don't provide content that keeps everyone from free to play to spenders interested, spenders/"whales" are going to move onto a different game and it will die because of a dying userbase.

Fire Emblem has the benefit of a lot of production value behind it so far with the voice acting and the illustrations, but it's a big investment that they're going to need to keep building on for the game itself to be successful. And that means keeping these voice actors on contract for story events and continually writing new scenarios and maps to give players a reason to keep playing.

It's really not so much about how big a property is, but rather how much the fans within that property are willing to spend. For example Fate might not sell as much as Fire Emblem, which means the reach of the franchise is more narrow, but that doesn't mean that Fire Emblem fans are more likely to want to spend a lot on a mobile game. Meanwhile, Fate fans have already been well trained to overspend on overpriced products, since we know the anime sells well in Japan despite being released on box sets which cost hundreds of dollars.

I see. Very curious to see how this performs out of the gate and where it is later in the year.

Moonlight

Banned
I made a observation from the Fire Emblem Legends website. It's shows only Ike on the left and doesn't change into a different character regardless of how many times I refresh. Is it a indication on who won for the guys?
I hope so, because it means Roy didn't win, which means:

maxresdefault.jpg

darklin0

Banned
I will only reroll if it is easy or I get a crap character. I wouldn't mind most but I at least need something good for my team.

Yui

For all the reroll fans out there, let's hope the first "free" roll is actually a big one (5 In this game I guess?) and not fixed.

Negator

It's really not so much about how big a property is, but rather how much the fans within that property are willing to spend. For example Fate might not sell as much as Fire Emblem, which means the reach of the franchise is more narrow, but that doesn't mean that Fire Emblem fans are more likely to want to spend a lot on a mobile game. Meanwhile, Fate fans have already been well trained to overspend on overpriced products, since we know the anime sells well in Japan despite being released on box sets which cost hundreds of dollars.

So in other words, Nintendo will make a lot of money.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if nintendo is sinister enough to use personalized probability algorithms to squeeze the most money out of us based on our character votes once we link our nintendo accounts to the game.

I wonder if nintendo is sinister enough to use personalized probability algorithms to squeeze the most money out of us based on our character votes once we link our nintendo accounts to the game.

So in other words....

Tharja will be the hardest to get and the hardest to level up and will not have a 5 star version by default, only a 3 star. But the limited events will have 5 star versions with alternate artworks and will have rarity rates of 0.00001%. So all you people that want a 5 star swimsuit Tharja will have to shell out a ton of cash.

not to say that it is impossible for this game to reach 1.5gb as more characters, stories etc added, but we don't even know the initial release size yet or did I miss it somewhere that said that's the app size for tomorrow's launch?
inb4 someone confused the talk about android phone ram size earlier and think that's the app initial size lol

1upsuper

Does your phone only have like 3gb of space on it or what?

It shouldn't be hard to free up 1.5gb unless you're using hundreds of apps daily or something weird.

It's 8gb, half of which is taken up with essential applications and what have you for the phone to function, plus my phone won't let me get very close to the 8gb cap, so yeah. :/ Fire Emblem or Netflix, Amazon Video, Tumblr, and Fate/grand order.

so the game is out on ios tomorrow too?

Should be live on both iOS and Android tomorrow, worldwide I think?

It's 8gb, half of which is taken up with essential applications and what have you for the phone to function, plus my phone won't let me get very close to the 8gb cap, so yeah. :/ Fire Emblem or Netflix, Amazon Video, Tumblr, and Fate/grand order.

Ah yeah I can sympathize, my last phone was only 8gb and I remember having to delete podcasts/music/photos/videos constantly to get space for apps to be able to update or whatever.

I guess just try to figure out what you use daily and what you only use occasionally, and get rid of the sometimes apps. Or any games you've got downloaded that you don't really enjoy anymore.

Moonlight

Banned
Sounds like a good excuse to free yourself from FGO.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I had to give up Monster Strike for this. :(
All my other games are around a gig+ already.
Why are you so fucking huge Dokkan?

pronk420

Have they specified a time? iOS games usually release during wednesday here, and it will be the February 2nd in Japan one day, and that day is today.

Well whenever I watch or read about people playing gacha games, it seems they're more interested in rolling than actually playing a game... as true to a slot machine's nature.

I have dbz dokkan battle on my phone. I log in to get stones and roll, that's it. It's just not fun to play anymore, but hey in not spending money so it's all good.

Sakura

Do Android games typically come out at midnight or is it some middle of the day stuff? Only like 4.5 more hours until it's the 2nd here...

NSESN

Cmon guys both Lyn and Lucina are nice.
Now Roy has no reason to be in the top 20 less so in the top 2.

Lren

Looking forward to release, be nice to have a new mobile game that isn't Record Keeper to play on campus.

We'll see if I have to delete anything off of my phone for this. 16gb is pretty tight when I also have Love Live SIF on my phone and just redownloaded Brave Exvius. Fire Emblem comes first though.

Beckx

i'm choosing to think positive and assume they'll give me a card for the character i liked!

Draxal

Taken from Feh Reddit and my own observations agree with it as alot of screens show the same.

Units that Feh gives out for free in early game are Virion/Raigh/Matthew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom