• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrom

https://twitter.com/yamadakotaro/status/826807614352748544

C3lpGn3UcAENC_n.jpg

Dalek

This is the game that I've basically dreamed of since mobile games became a thing. Here's hoping it's great.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is the game that I've basically dreamed of since mobile games became a thing. Here's hoping it's great.

I think we all need to temper our expectations haha. I'm expecting a LOT of complaining from gacha noobs who are upset that (i) they have to spend money at all, (ii) they can't play 24 hours a day and (iii) someone else got a character that they want but can't get.

Quonny

I think we all need to temper our expectations haha. I'm expecting a LOT of complaining from gacha noobs who are upset that (i) they have to spend money at all, (ii) they can't play 24 hours a day and (iii) someone else got a character that they want but can't get.

To be fair, even gacha veterans will complain about those same things ;3

Sölf

So, since I have to hope for an emulator, do the other Nintendo Mobile Games (mainly Super Mario Run) work on those? I know Kingdom Hearts Unchained X no longer works on emulators, what about the Nintendo games?

kswiston

This is my 7th or 8th Gatcha game, so I am just hoping for something more fair than Brave Exvius last fall or Marvel Puzzle Quest a couple of years ago when I quit.

Brave Exvius gave you some decent units, but tried to gouge you for everything. Separate inventories for units, weapons, crafting resources and items, all of which need premium currency to expand? Add in the grindiest conditions to get decent equipment or unlock character bonuses, and a low stamina cap? F off. Once you get all the free stuff from the main quest, free progress slows to a crawl.

Marvel Puzzle Quest kept dropping their drop rates and making tournament rewards progressively worse. The PvP stuff quickly became a lost cause if you werent whaling.

Tales of Link is fine. Drop rates for 5* units are low, and you need a good leader to progress, but they add characters constantly and gice you a ton of free stuff, including premium currency and stamina refill items. You have separate inventories, but one stone increases all of them (other than your friend limit).

Puzzle and Dragons is always giving you free currency, and has great drop rates if you wait for special events to pull your gatchas. Said special events seem to happen every 1.5-2 weeks.

Some of the others that I have played were cut because I didnt have the time. Sorry Terra Battle.

Bladelaw

Waiting for reroll guides. Hopefully the process isn't a pain in the ass. If we're lucky it shouldn't even be recommended. Either way probably rerolling until Marth, Ike, Lucina or Chrom.

faridmon

My sister bought an android phone just in time to play this. Can't wait to dive in.

Hope people report back on how egregious pay 2 win system is.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeahhh, those guys are just randos. Any update on the game will come through @FE_Heroes_JP or the official Nintendo account.

Just download the Japanese version when it comes out. Game is region free and it will have Japanese voices if you prefer that over dub.

ChrisD

So I'm trying to find the 1.5 Gigs but it's harder than I anticipated...

Crossing my fingers it's somehow smaller.

commish

Guys, the game is free to try. Free. Just download it and see how it plays on your phone. It's not like you are going to go out and buy a new phone today for this.

Quonny

Guys, the game is free to try. Free. Just download it and see how it plays on your phone. It's not like you are going to go out and buy a new phone today for this.

There have been some people in this very thread that have indicated they very much would.

They're crazy.

commish

There have been some people in this very thread that have indicated they very much would.

They're crazy.

Well I dumped my GF so I would have more time to play today, but I would never buy a new phone. That's just dumb.

Lyn sucks but anyone other than Lucina or Tharja is a win to me.
Also, I know it's not official but isn't 7 am Japan time in like 6 hours? EDIT: blerp nevermind I misread.

Kakaroach

Ah man I really hope it ends up working today, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. Not planning on rerolling since this is my first Fire Emblem game. Here's hoping to a good time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom