• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This is my 7th or 8th Gatcha game, so I am just hoping for something more fair than Brave Exvius last fall or Marvel Puzzle Quest a couple of years ago when I quit.

Brave Exvius gave you some decent units, but tried to gouge you for everything. Separate inventories for units, weapons, crafting resources and items, all of which need premium currency to expand? Add in the grindiest conditions to get decent equipment or unlock character bonuses, and a low stamina cap? F off. Once you get all the free stuff from the main quest, free progress slows to a crawl.

Puzzle and Dragons is always giving you free currency, and has great drop rates if you wait for special events to pull your gatchas. Said special events seem to happen every 1.5-2 weeks.

It's like we're playing two completely different games. They are giving you about 150 premium currency a day, min now. It takes currency to expand, but in the past 2 months, you're well past 15k of it, on top of some 60 to 80 free rolls. So you drop a single 1k of it and you unlock an additional 50 slots.

Compared to PAD that's basically like once a day token, save it up for a week and you get one roll. Expanding the slots costs too much, you basically get shit, and many of the pulls seem to be fairly worthless.

If it's like FFBE with better rates, that'd be nice.

JC Lately

To those worried about not having enough space: try clearing the cache on some of your existing apps. For some reason my Kindle app was holding to over half a gig of space when I only had one novel in it. Crazy.

Quonny

Best strategy if they give you enough to roll a couple times:

1. Roll, hoping you don't get a 5*.
2. Now, because you didn't get a 5*, your odds are higher.
3. Wait until tier lists.
4. Roll in the banner for the unit you want with your higher odds.

REROLL FOR 3* AND 4*!

kswiston

It's like we're playing two completely different games. They are giving you about 150 premium currency a day, min now. It takes currency to expand, but in the past 2 months, you're well past 15k of it, on top of some 60 to 80 free rolls. So you drop a single 1k of it and you unlock an additional 50 slots.

Compared to PAD that's basically like once a day token, save it up for a week and you get one roll. Expanding the slots costs too much, you basically get shit, and many of the pulls seem to be fairly worthless.

Like I said, I stopped months ago. After the first wave of FF Tactics characters. Maybe they are more generous with currency now. It was 50 if you did all the dailies (which took way longer to complete than the equivalent in PAD, which is usually all of 30 seconds, if they dont just give you the token outright), and another 100 during some of the events, near the end of my time with the game.

However, Hyper-maxing characters in PAD (max skill, max level, max awoken, and +297 to stats) is doable through normal 30-60 minutes a day gameplay. I played BE for a couple months, often for long stretches, and was nowhere near unlocking any of the unit specific gear/skill awards. My main team earned maybe 4-5% towards those in the two months, plus any lucky dupe drops (which were 5% each). I never once leveled up any skills.

You can't do any later game stuff without some of those weapons and skills. I was only able to do the next to last dungeon difficulty in some of the grinding events because I had a couple hypermaxed friends with dual strike and high stat items. I know that Moogles were being released just as I quit. If those are frequently awarded now, maybe those items and skills are more obtainable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know much about FE, but I'll re-roll until I get a 5* something. I'll see how this plays before I decide which current gacha game is going to get my money.

I'm watching a sacred stones playthrough to refresh my memory before FE Heroes comes out... kind of crazy how much of it I've forgotten, but then the last time I played it was when it came out :eek:

Ephriam is such a gary stu :p

Dee Dee

Best strategy if they give you enough to roll a couple times:

1. Roll, hoping you don't get a 5*.
2. Now, because you didn't get a 5*, your odds are higher.
3. Wait until tier lists.
4. Roll in the banner for the unit you want with your higher odds.

REROLL FOR 3* AND 4*!

I am not sure if I am understanding your point here?
But, if one draw is NOT a 5*, the odds are NOT higher that other draws will be.
If you're being sarcastic, then I apologize.
If you really think that is how probabilities work, you really shouldn't play gacha games though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you really think that is how probabilities work, you really shouldn't play gacha games though.

Probably need to check your facts.

According to a link the OP, it IS how this game works.

mstevens

That's how it works in this game. The odds go up until you get a 5*. There has been a lot of info about it.

It's not a probability thing: they mentioned in the gamexplain hands-on video that every time you don't draw a high ranking card the game increases your odds of the next card being one :3

Dee Dee

It's not a probability thing: they mentioned in the gamexplain hands-on video that every time you don't draw a high ranking card the game increases your odds of the next card being one :3

That's only in the same "banner" though?

Edit: Yes, my bad, the poster was indeed referring to the same banner!

That's only in the same "banner" though?

Edit: Yes, my bad, the poster was indeed referring to the same banner!

:3

Can't blame you for misunderstanding at first though: a lot of people don't seem to understand probabilities so it's a common misconception that if you roll three 6s the odds of rolling a fourth are less than 1 in 6. I assume you were thinking that was what the poster had mistakenly thought this time too.

Quonny

For example (just pulling the numbers out of my ass):

Say you draw a 3*. The next time you pull, instead of a 3% chance of getting a 5*, you have a 4% chance. Pull again, and it's a 4*. The next time you pull, you have a 5% chance. This is a mechanic baked into this specific game, not mathematics. This odd goes higher and higher until you pull a 5*, at which time, the chance of getting a 5* reset to 3%.

The consecutive pull thing only applies to the cost of the pull. When you pull, you get 5 orbs, each with an element/weapon type. It's just a colored circle. At this point, you tap the element/weapon you want and get a character from that pool. If you draw again, meaning, from that same set of 5 (now 4) orbs, it costs less.

The first part, about increasing chances of 5* based on not pulling a 5*, is a separate mechanic and does not require consecutive pulls (consecutive as in pull, pull, pull, back out).

Dee Dee

The first part, about increasing chances of 5* based on not pulling a 5*, is a separate mechanic and does not require consecutive pulls (consecutive as in pull, pull, pull, back out).

First of all, sorry for misreading your post!

And is that true? I was under the impression that it would apply to consecutive draws from the same pool only?
Like, only referring if you keep pulling from one hero group like this:
IMG_0014.PNG

Alkez

Guys, the game is free to try. Free. Just download it and see how it plays on your phone. It's not like you are going to go out and buy a new phone today for this.

I only asked about the ram because the Google play store literally wouldn't let me download Pokémon Go as the minimum requirement was 2gb of ram. I was just curious if it was a requirement or a recommendation.

Quonny

First of all, sorry for misreading your post!

And is that true? I was under the impression that it would apply to consecutive draws from the same pool only?
Like, only referring if you keep pulling from one hero group like this:

It is not confirmed, but it has not been denied. I guess we'll know later today!

I would think it would be account wide, as that is how it is implemented in other games with this system. But each is unique, so I cannot say. I hope that's how it works!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only asked about the ram because the Google play store literally wouldn't let me download Pokémon Go as the minimum requirement was 2gb of ram. I was just curious if it was a requirement or a recommendation.

Wow that's pretty crazy. I guess that's to prevent bad reviews from people who are under spec.

Alkez

Wow that's pretty crazy. I guess that's to prevent bad reviews from people who are under spec.

Yeah I think you're right about that. If I can't download it on my phone I'll just play it on nox or memu. Would be nice to enjoy the portability though.

Shahadan

Is it a new thing because I downloaded Pokemon on my 1gb ram phone without issue. Well the game had issue yes :p
Maybe they changed it later. It was pretty shitty. I had to close it and launch it again rather frequently

McNum

Is it a new thing because I downloaded Pokemon on my 1gb ram phone without issue. Well the game had issue yes :p
Maybe they changed it later. It was pretty shitty. I had to close it and launch it again rather frequently
If I search for Pokémon Go on my phone, it simply doesn't show up at all. Only all the fake scam apps do, which is kind of amusing in a way.

Alkez

What region are you in? I live in England and it came out quite a bit later here. Maybe they changed it later on because of reviews as Commish said.

If I search for Pokémon Go on my phone, it simply doesn't show up at all.

Yeah that's what happened to me, which is what I'm afraid will happen here if it's a minimum requirement and not a recommendation.

For those who may not have a good phone, it may be possible to use Chrome Apps to play the game on the PC.

I know thats how I'm playing Granblue Fantasy.

Chaos17

subscribed to thread, I still like a lot Granblue fantasy but with the long break I took, I feel that I am too far away behind. I need to start over in a new game, imo. I hope this game will be good :)

I must admit i'm kinda happy hearing we'll only be rocking 4 peeps in a map. I often find I enjoy most SRPGs at the start when you've only got a few units but once you start getting into the 8+ numbers I usually lose interest. I'd be happy to fight against a lot more than just 4 though, as long as I don't have to control more than that myself :p

Someone linked this handy countdown for the deadline mentioned in that customer service response: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170202T07&p0=248&font=cursive&csz=1

Quonny

I must admit i'm kinda happy hearing we'll only be rocking 4 peeps in a map. I often find I enjoy most SRPGs at the start when you've only got a few units but once you start getting into the 8+ numbers I usually lose interest. I'd be happy to fight against a lot more than just 4 though, as long as I don't have to control more than that myself :p

Someone linked this handy countdown for the deadline mentioned in that customer service response: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170202T07&p0=248&font=cursive&csz=1

Oh I'm sure there will be all-Axe maps/events, all Archer maps/events, and so on. We'll eventually be running 'weapon teams' like other games run 'elemental teams'.

Gambit

Sadly, I feel four is not quite enough people. I wonder if I will have to leave out a healer. Maybe a mage will be able to do double-duty.

But I trust IS knows what they are doing and the game involves enough strategy.

What region are you in? I live in England and it came out quite a bit later here. Maybe they changed it later on because of reviews as Commish said.

I'm American and I can still download Pokemon Go on my phone with 1 GB RAM. It's probably some weird regional thing.

Muffmuff

Neo Member

Or just the Japan version of BE. Im playing global every day since lauch, no 5* top tier units so far and bosses keeps getting stronger and stronger. I really shouldn't struggle that much for playing it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom