• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Draxal

I haven't reclassed her to GL yet, but her hair feels really in the way as a pegasus warrior and promoted classes from Peg warrior.

Ayup, it's the same for her as a Great Lord (it clips alot). Awakening is such a great skill for her though.

StayDead

You don't get a pair of Boots or something like that. Not really worth it considering you can get Boots in other ways. But it is a very limited item, so it depends on your preference.

Well, since I'm a dirty pacifist I chose to save him. I probably won't end up using him though haha.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Kozaki and Kibayashi are teaming up for a FE manga starting serialization this fall.

Love Kozaki's artwork but man, I have no interest in anything FE story related after playing if ( ´_ゝ`)

Vena

Kozaki and Kibayashi are teaming up for a FE manga starting serialization this fall.

Love Kozaki's artwork but man, I have no interest in anything FE story related after playing if ( ´_ゝ`)

Well, a manga would probably not be beholden to the game rules breaking the story. :p

Voror

Out of curiosity,if you finish one route and then go to start the other, do you lose what progress the Avatar makes in terms of leveling? I'd imagine so, but wasn't sure if there's any carry over like a new game + or something.

StayDead

Well I forgot to capture the weird mini bosses from Kanna's gaiden level. Maybe it's for the best, I probably won't be able to use them on my Anya run (yeah I'm still working my way through it lol), I'm so slow compared to some people haha.

NeonZ

Out of curiosity,if you finish one route and then go to start the other, do you lose what progress the Avatar makes in terms of leveling? I'd imagine so, but wasn't sure if there's any carry over like a new game + or something.

You can save 5 characters when you finish the game, allowing you to buy their skills for other versions of themselves in other game files, or actually hire them as characters - although in this 2nd choice this version of them won't have supports and some other features.

You know, I wonder what kind of hilarious YOLO* strats you can pull for a super quick playthrough (speedrun or LTC) on Phoenix Mode.

*it's not really YOLO if you keep reviving, but hey

Double post but whatever, it's been over 24 hours.

So apparently the game remembers the level you promoted at and uses this for experience calculations, which is why Camilla and Leon felt like they gained experience as level 16 and 20 unpromoted units respectively, because they're treated as 15/1 and 18/2 internally (there are almost certainly others, probably Yuugiri? P.S. Takumi is not much better than her, if at all).

So promote everyone early, you don't gain experience any slower and by the time you hit the level cap you can buy Eternal Seals. :p

edit: yup, Yuugiri is treated as a 15/1 unit like Camilla

Vena

So apparently the game remembers the level you promoted at and uses this for experience calculations, which is why Camilla and Leon felt like they gained experience as level 16 and 20 unpromoted units respectively, because they're treated as 15/1 and 18/2 internally (there are almost certainly others, probably Yuugiri? P.S. Takumi is not much better than her, if at all).

So promote everyone early, you don't gain experience any slower and by the time you hit the level cap you can buy Eternal Seals. :p

Interesting change... but don't promotions also factor into experience gain?

Interesting change... but don't promotions also factor into experience gain?
In the sense that the game adds the unpromoted levels, yeah (most games previously defaulted to +20 levels when promoted, DS games were +15).

I'm 99% sure there isn't a bonus for promoted vs unpromoted units like in Radiant Dawn though?

Edit: does Oboro (the character) really have the same name as the S rank shuriken?

Draxal

You also have Joker and Felicia really breaking that rule as well, As for Takumi his special weapon makes him insane, especially early on.

You also have Joker and Felicia really breaking that rule as well, As for Takumi his special weapon makes him insane, especially early on.
Joker/Felicia/
post-return Gunter
are basically treated as 0/X level characters with 4 Eternal Seals right?

Also Takumi is an unpromoted (though at least he can promote immediately) bow-locked unit with speed issues, raw combat is always overrated early on and Fates will be no different (and unlike Ryoma, his combat isn't even that good).

Draxal

Joker/Felicia/
post-return Gunter
are basically treated as 0/X level characters with 4 Eternal Seals right?

Also Takumi is an unpromoted (though at least he can promote immediately) bow-locked unit with speed issues, raw combat is always overrated early on and Fates will be no different (and unlike Ryoma, his combat isn't even that good).

He's insane early on but he does taper off fast, and he's not bowlocked as he can gets lanced if he goes Skybird. It's just his personal weapon is very very strong early on, especially compared to the other weapons you have at the time (and he makes a good supporter in a vanguard attack for that reason).

Felicia and Joker are exactly that.

edit. This is while playing Hoshido hard and IK hard, his usefullness is probably nowhere near as high on Lunatic.

How many prepromotes are there anyway? There's Felicia, Jakob, Gunter, Yuugiri, Camilla, Ryoma, Crimson, Xander, Leo, Flora, Fuuga, Asyura, and Izana..that is it right

time to find out what internal levels they all have!

edit: what happens if you instant-reclass someone like Felicia to Dark Flier, do they suddenly get treated as a level 21 unit for exp gains or not?

If you reclass felicia, joker and the other one at level 15 (after they get their last class skill) they will still level like a unpromoted level 15 so they can pick up advanced class skills way earlier and easier than everyone else.

Can we have a list of castle adresses to trade visits and bum off each other?

I am on my 3rd playthrough and my castle is on the third route. Trying to get 6 skills on all characters, have marth and lucina (card game versions). Have restricted classes on my line up. I am a bit slow because of the way I play games but should reach final chapter in a few days. Left my throne open but my team is armed. Welcome feedback.

10573-05366-26254-52205

So, two questions:
1. Can you build multiple statues for a single character in My Castle?
2. Do these stat bonuses apply outside of castle battles?

NeonZ

So does defeating the opposite route characters when they pop up in battles have any real effect?

During most of the game it has no effect. Near the end, at least in Nohr,
that are a couple of characters who can be killed off for real or you can spare one of them
, but that has no effect on anything else. They won't join you or change the story.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So, two questions:
1. Can you build multiple statues for a single character in My Castle?
2. Do these stat bonuses apply outside of castle battles?

Just one statue per character. You upgrade the statue's effect range by getting kills with the character. It's dumb if you want to min-max since it means you'll have to get 100 kills with even all your unused characters to get the best stats for characters you do use. Luckily the game is never hard enough for that to be necessary. And yeah the bonuses apply outside of my castle battles.

Vena

Just one statue per character. You upgrade the statue's effect range by getting kills with the character. It's dumb if you want to min-max since it means you'll have to get 100 kills with even all your unused characters to get the best stats for characters you do use. Luckily the game is never hard enough for that to be necessary. And yeah the bonuses apply outside of my castle battles.

Until they do Apotheosis DLC. :p

There are so many derpy faces in those cards (Caeda, Mist, Clarine, etc.).

So that means on the 3rd route, after getting all level 3 statues you'll have:
+9 strength
+8 magic
+13 skill
+11 speed
+5 luck
+10 defense
+9 resistance

as well as an extra +1 to the asset/flaw you pick, and whatever Anna's is
Until they do Apotheosis DLC. :p

you didn't need Limit Breaker to do Apotheosis though (or any other DLC)

edit: just for fun, if you're locked to one side

Birthright
+6 strength
+5 magic
+8 skill
+6 speed
+3 luck
+5 defense
+6 resistance

Conquest
+4 strength
+5 magic
+7 skill
+6 speed
+3 luck
+7 defense
+6 resistance

you CAN build statues for
Gunter and Crimson
on the 3rd route right?

There are so many derpy faces in those cards (Caeda, Mist, Clarine, etc.).

Actually, I think the artist for Mist and Clarine is pretty good. It's just the way their faces are drawn make them look ...a lot older than they are supposed to be. Almost scarily so. The person who did Ceada and Camus though...the artists seem to be people who've done art and manga for the series before, so that artist must have worked on something important way back when. Maybe they're even the original sprite artist for FE1? That's my only guess.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
you CAN build statues for
Gunter and Crimson
on the 3rd route right?
Yeah every character gets one. Not sure if you accounted for Kanna's stat but it becomes whatever Kamui's flaw is. Here's a summary

Also I think you have to forgo at least one child's statue (2 on 3rd route if you marry Kamui to a non-Kamui-specific character) since there's still not enough women to go around.

Yeah every character gets one. Not sure if you accounted for Kanna's stat but it becomes whatever Kamui's flaw is. Here's a summary

Also I think you have to forgo at least one child's statue (2 on 3rd route if you marry Kamui to a non-Kamui-specific character) since there's still not enough women to go around.

as well as an extra +1 to the asset/flaw you pick, and whatever Anna's is

I got it dude ;)

edit: also what? there seem to be enough characters to go around

well I guess if you have male Kamui and marry one of the 19 girls that can support the rest...lol (and that's still just one)

also, just because, calculations that have been changed from Awakening:

crit=(skill-4)/2
crit avoid=luck/2 (why make skill and luck even less valuable)
staff hit=magic+skill+staff accuracy+weapon rank bonus
staff avoid=resistance*1.5+luck*0.5+terrain bonus

GSR

During most of the game it has no effect. Near the end, at least in Nohr,
that are a couple of characters who can be killed off for real or you can spare one of them
, but that has no effect on anything else. They won't join you or change the story.

Alright, thanks. Is that a dialogue choice thing or something done by defeating them on the map?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Final DLC relating to the awakening characters is up.

Stopped halfway through the 3rd route and haven't played in a while but guess it's time to pick it up and finish everything.

Draxal

Final DLC relating to the awakening characters is up.

Stopped halfway through the 3rd route and haven't played in a while but guess it's time to pick it up and finish everything.

Supposedly very hard. Grandmaster is gender locked to males (not liking this at all). Blood of Anankos gives the ability to use dragon vein to other units.

oh hey this thread got bumped

anyone completed a run on lunatic? I heard enemy stats are actually all the same as hard mode, just extra skills and such...

L95

The new DLC has some... interesting info.

Lilith also being Anankos' kid is quite.... interesting...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finished 3rd route and all relevant DLC, finally done with the game (ヽ´ω`)

Ended up really burnt out and don't feel like playing another fire emblem for a long long time, or at least not one structured like this. Besides some hints and references here and there the first two routes had no significant story payoff for playing them. The repetition of maps + nothing carrying over between routes besides mycastle battle/visitor bonuses also made me really regret bothering to get all the children in the first two routes. Ended up only marrying 3 pairs of characters in the 3rd route cause I couldn't care less about children at that point. In the end I prefer that they didn't even include children due to how poorly they were implemented.

Probably only going to recommend even to friends who are hardcore fe fans to just play through anya and invisibile kingdom routes when the game gets localized. Byakuya's maps were a complete snorefest.

Supposedly very hard. Grandmaster is gender locked to males (not liking this at all). Blood of Anankos gives the ability to use dragon vein to other units.
Yeah the first map was pretty tough, but for the wrong reasons. 3 preset limited units and a full open map enemy rush with multiple reinforcement waves. Second map was pretty easy though. And yeah the grandmaster reclass was useless since I went femc for the 3rd route (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

The new DLC has some... interesting info.

Lilith also being Anankos' kid is quite.... interesting...
I feel like lilith might've originally been written to be more of an important character overall in the scenario but was reduced to essentially a nobody for whatever reasons. She straight up has 0 story presence in the 3rd route and her death has 0 impact in the other two. Her turnaround at the end of the DLC was also super hamfisted, just like everything else about her.

L95

I feel like lilith might've originally been written to be more of an important character overall in the scenario but was reduced to essentially a nobody for whatever reasons. She straight up has 0 story presence in the 3rd route and her death has 0 impact in the other two. Her turnaround at the end of the DLC was also super hamfisted, just like everything else about her.

Yeah, I agree. Same thing goes for the you-know-who trio. They can't say anything, but with what they know they certainly should have acted... differently instead of just being there.

Xenoflare

Yeah, I agree. Same thing goes for the you-know-who trio. They can't say anything, but with what they know they certainly should have acted... differently instead of just being there.

I just feel the entire thing about turning into
sea foam for mentioning the invisible kingdom to be complete bullshit of a plot device.

Pappasman

Are there any guides out there to help those not able to understand japanese play through? My brother got Nohr the other day and I want to play it after he is done with it.

Yeah, reminds me of Radiant Dawn's version of that plot device.
I find it even worse actually, because they already did it once, it sucked, and they did it again anyway.
Are there any guides out there to help those not able to understand japanese play through? My brother got Nohr the other day and I want to play it after he is done with it.
What specifically do you need? There's a patch out there that translate the menus and all that.

Top Bottom