• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

L95

A tank? Well that seems rather unfair in a medieval fantasy story. I want one.

Looks like it's based off of FE1 ballisticans/shooters animation when using pachyderm, (shadow dragon doesn't have an alternate animation for it like FE1...)

KExRdUS.png

(not sure if the top or bottom one is pachyderm, but yeah. Middle one is the electric bolts or whatever.)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This is probably the last one lol

you must make lawyers rich with all dem divorces lol

Was busy all last week but just powered through the rest of the anya campaign this weekend. Spent way too much time maxing my final team and decking them out with skills from my castle battles because in the end 写し身人形 broke everything. Managed to get it on like 10 of my final team so the last couple of chapters with 16 character restrictions were basically fought with 26. A little burnt out and kind of regret spending so much time on my castle stuff since it resets on a new route/save. Not sure if I want to bother running byakuya real quick or just jump into invisible kingdom.

yeah same its a damned shame you need to start from the ground up again even if it was expected but still kills motivation lol

also yeah 写し見人形 does break the game

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
you must make lawyers rich with all dem divorces lol

yeah same its a damned shame you need to start from the ground up again even if it was expected but still kills motivation lol

also yeah 写し見人形 does break the game
Played a bit more and it looks like my castle achievements are system-level so you can immediately pick up all the bonus items you've earned from previous routes, which is the main thing that matters I guess. I'm only at like 400-ish for each though lol.

Grinding for the children in invis kingdom takes forever.
Hopefully some of the dlc alleviates that. There really are 2 games' worth of children characters this time so it seems like a pain, especially if you grinded for them already in their respective routes.

Draxal

Played a bit more and it looks like my castle achievements are system-level so you can immediately pick up all the bonus items you've earned from previous routes, which is the main thing that matters I guess. I'm only at like 400-ish for each though lol.

Hopefully some of the dlc alleviates that. There really are 2 games' worth of children characters this time so it seems like a pain, especially if you grinded for them already in their respective routes.

It's just some of the characters come in so late, that they're useless without grinding, honestly this game could use the bonus xp formula from the Tellius saga. Also, since copycat is the new galeforce and it's obtainable on every character if you're dedicated enough. This really feels likes a grind emblem.

It's just some of the characters come in so late, that they're useless without grinding, honestly this game could use the bonus xp formula from the Tellius saga. Also, since copycat is the new galeforce and it's obtainable on every character if you're dedicated enough. This really feels likes a grind emblem.

then people would just break the game like in Tellius!

Draxal

then people would just break the game like in Tellius!

True, but there's already so many ways to break the game now especially with the dlc coming out (It looks like the technique of having a second copy with all stat boost items on the streetpass team still works or I"m just facing weird teams online).

jzbluz

Haha, I feel so behind in comparison to everyone else. Byakuya turned surprisingly easy (I kept checking to see if I had accidentally gone down to hard), and I only used 2-3 extra battles in the beginning. I took a break from Byakuya to play Anya, and its hard mode is harder than Byakuya's lunatic. I got stuck on chapter 12 for like a week and ended up having to restart the entire game to manage exp better. I'm now stuck on chapter 17. Stupid ninjas.

I'm a bit irritated that I didn't get the extra items you get for having both routes because both my copies are physical. And the thing is that I can see the casual save states from Byakuya in Anya, so I don't see why I couldn't have gotten the extra items.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I feel so behind in comparison to everyone else. Byakuya turned surprisingly easy (I kept checking to see if I had accidentally gone down to hard), and I only used 2-3 extra battles in the beginning. I took a break from Byakuya to play Anya, and its hard mode is harder than Byakuya's lunatic. I got stuck on chapter 12 for like a week and ended up having to restart the entire game to manage exp better. I'm now stuck on chapter 17. Stupid ninjas.

I'm a bit irritated that I didn't get the extra items you get for having both routes because both my copies are physical. And the thing is that I can see the casual save states from Byakuya in Anya, so I don't see why I couldn't have gotten the extra items.
Yeah I restarted anya 12 a few times too but it was one of my favorite maps in terms of interesting gimmicks and layout. Was one of the ones that reinforced the feeling that the game was an upgrade over awakening maps for me.

For 17 I just paired up a high def unit with marx and let him tank at choke points along with felicia who had acquired 暗器殺し from a my castle battle as an evasion tank.

Also what do you mean save states, do both cartridge versions of the game share a common save?

nah... you're definitely further than me lol.... orz

jzbluz

Yeah I restarted anya 12 a few times too but it was one of my favorite maps in terms of interesting gimmicks and layout. Was one of the ones that reinforced the feeling that the game was an upgrade over awakening maps for me.

For 17 I just paired up a high def unit with marx and let him tank at choke points along with felicia who had acquired 暗器殺し from a my castle battle as an evasion tank.

Also what do you mean save states, do both cartridge versions of the game share a common save?

Yeah, the frustration is part of the fun, but I'm just a bit disappointed that I'm not better with the game since I've been playing the series for about 10 years.

I want to level up some of the characters to level 20 so I can finally promote them so I don't want to rely too much on my promoted characters.

The casual in-chapter saves seems to be stored in the SD card, I can't access them in Anya because I'm too far ahead in Byakuya (I get asked to buy the route), but I'm guessing I could share a save slot between versions for the first 6 chapters.

nah... you're definitely further than me lol.... orz

I've been playing the games a lot since I've got them.

Hoshido is for babies confirmed

Finished the game (meaning all three campaigns). I was completely burned out after Anya and Byakuya, so it took me basically all month to get through Touma. Random ramblings about the game follow:

- Byakuya -> Anya -> Touma is how I played and it's basically the official play order anyway. If you're set on only playing one campaign it should be Anya.

- Touma should have been included in the base game. Decide to buy one of the campaigns and unlock Touma after finishing it. Because really, Touma is the true route with a proper conclusion so right now, no matter how you look at it, the true ending of Fire Emblem if is DLC.

- story is totally whatever in true FE fashion. They had a lot of interesting stuff going on conceptually for once but it's written like it has to be understandable for six year-olds. And don't just grey out a character as a support talk option, that's some *wink wink* spoiler territory.
It's doubly stupid because Gunther had support talk with Kamui in Anya just fine, so uh, wtf?

- Takumi wrecks shit

- Ryouma also wrecks shit

- favorite Mage was Ophelia, with her innate skill + a Mjolnir tome she critical hits like a mage version of Takumi.

- that entire family of Odin, wife and Ophelia is just too much chuunibyou for my system.

- Anya campaign on hard was hard oh my god. The maps have amazing gimmicks but they all serve to fuck you over. Not only is the map layout and enemy placement mean as hell, the enemy units themselves have monstrous stats. Sometimes, when I started a new chapter and took a look at the map, I just...closed the 3DS and went to do something else. Good luck.

- fuck Ninjas

- Touma felt the easiest, probably because after Byakuya and Anya you're like, the Fire Emblem if master.
Which means you give your favorite units the copy skill.

- family relationships between Kamui and the main cast sure are complicated because Nintendo needs to deny you your incestual fantasies.
You can still marry your cousin though!

- my castle stuff felt pretty half-assed. And the story explanation for why there are child units in this game is amazing. It doesn't get any more obvious that the only reason this feature is back again is because Nintendo likes money.

- liked the new weapon triangle and how I actually had to think about which weapons to put into each characters inventory. Even S-Rank weapons come with a hefty debuff so they are more like special attacks. Seriously, weapon durability was such a garbage system and FE if is a huge upgrade in this regard.

- Kamui is kind of an idiot protagonist.

Random ramblings, as I said. Pretty good game, and you get a LOT of bang for the buck. I've definitely had enough FE for the near and somewhat far future.

McNum

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/download/map.html

Some dLC is out now. The awakening map is free to download.

XP maps works for Nohr :).

Go to dlc gate to purchase.
XP maps work for Nohr? Huh, neat.

That does kind of invalidate the whole limited resources style of Nohr, but if you're stuck, or messed up, I suppose it's nice to recover in. Or just overpower everything because you feel like taking a revenge run on the maps you had trouble with the first time.

Draxal

all of them it seems

a season pass lol

yeah, 2,000 for a season pass.

Linking the SF thread which pointed this out.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56130

One picture is very very interesting but very spoilery. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/download/img/map007c.jpg

I'm playing a bit of the scramble map right now ... it's wierd. You can pick any of the royal siblings and you get their two underlings, and they all start at level 3 prepromoted .... regardless if you're leveled past that or not.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Server is hammered right now, been trying to download for like 10 minutes. Only gonna pick up "story" related dlc this time and not fall for the whole package like I did with awakening lol.

Draxal

Server is hammered right now, been trying to download for like 10 minutes. Only gonna pick up "story" related dlc this time and not fall for the whole package like I did with awakening lol.

To be fair ... this seems nowhere near as bad as awakening.

-Horizon-

This is the equivalent of 15 bucks for all this dlc.

at least the DLC is cheap :>

but for me

$40 + $40 (yeah I'm buying both versions separately because reasons) + 3rd route however much that costs + $15 = a lot for me but I'll have to suck it up :[

GSR

I wonder why Anankos is calling Luna Serena(Severa), Lazwald Azure(Inigo), and Odin Eudes(Owain)~?

Considering the blurb talks about
"the origins of the heroes who hid their names, and the futures of the heroes who slew a dragon"
, sounds like it's filling in the blanks.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, started playing the paradise scramble map and all the characters have joke weapons. Ryoma's wielding dual daikons, Saizou's got a french bread, Pieri's got a wine bottle, Camilla a frying pan, etc.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Lol, started playing the paradise scramble map and all the characters have joke weapons. Ryoma's wielding dual daikons, Saizou's got a french bread, Pieri's got a wine bottle, Camilla a frying pan, etc.

I always wanted to see how far I could upgrade those, but never had enough of specific ones in my anya playthrough. D:

jzbluz

I got the free dlc but I'm going to skip the rest. Last time I bought the grinding dlc for Kakusei, but this time I'm just going with the no grind option.

Also, you only get the promotion items from the dlc map once.

Draxal

I got the free dlc but I'm going to skip the rest. Last time I bought the grinding dlc for Kakusei, but this time I'm just going with the no grind option.

Also, you only get the promotion items from the dlc map once.

Only for the Chrom one

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56138
Here are the other rewards.

Encountering the awakening:
Brand of the exalt, hero kings crest(First time only), small stone (limitless).

The struggle at the paradise:
Special event illustration .

The terrors of the sacred mountain:
EXP (limitless).

The museum of duels:
Weapons (limitless).
*Note:museum will open exhibit for every weapon.

The treasures of the ruins:
Campaign funds (limitless).

The battle of the strongest royal:
Every stat raising item (first time only), dread scroll, Dark Pegasus wing (limitless).

The invisible history part 1/2:
Grimas mark, the blood of Anankos (limitless).

L95

Weird how? I'm imagining a light-blue haired Lucina with longer hair. That's not all that weird, all things considering.

I haven't reclassed her to GL yet, but her hair feels really in the way as a pegasus warrior and promoted classes from Peg warrior.

Top Bottom