• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Shun

Is that really all of them?
Why do none of the sisters have children there but all the brothers do?
Is it going to be another case of generic fill in the blanks dialogue?

Children are tied to fathers instead of mothers in this game.

NeonZ

I am pretty certain that the Hoshido/Nohr story will have nice closures, it's just that the 3rd chapter is the cliched

Gather all your friends and fight evil so everyone live happily together.

I do not like the idea of that, locking the
"true" ending behind a paywall

It's not really
everyone though. We know that at least one playable character is just killed off in that route.

It sounds like a route where you get all main cast members (siblings) and some route exclusives, but then some shared route and secondary characters end up dying without joining you.

Sounds good. Is that for Hoshido as well, then? And are its mission objectives rout or defeat commander only like in Awakening, or are there other objectives too?

Hoshido follows Awakening type objectives, Nohr has more varied ones. Hoshido also has free skirmishes like Awakening, while Nohr doesn't (and you can't gain experience from the arena or streetpass battles in Nohr).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Children are based on the father this time, the opposite compared to awakening

Draxal

1.Yes

2. Children are linked to male characters (except Aqua/Azura and female Kamui) just like Awakening was linked to female characters (except for Chrom and male Robin).

3. I think they're translating the supports now so we'll find out.

Sounds good. Is that for Hoshido as well, then? And are its mission objectives rout or defeat commander only like in Awakening, or are there other objectives too?

Nohr has the other objectives.

yami4ct

Game(s) sound amazing so far. The face touching thing is weird as hell, but I can just as easily never touch it.

So what is the early impression for how different the versions are? A lot of the talk made it sound like each route was pretty much a different game in terms of encounters. Is that turning out to be true?

Xenoflare

It's not really
everyone though. We know that at least one playable character is just killed off in that route.

It sounds like a route where you get all main cast members (siblings) and some route exclusives, but then some shared route and secondary characters end up dying without joining you.

Hoshido follows Awakening type objectives, Nohr has more varied ones. Hoshido also has free skirmishes like Awakening, while Nohr doesn't (and you can't gain experience from the arena or streetpass battles in Nohr).

But I'd argue the
If the primary member all survives it's going to be the "better" ending regardless. The impact factor of killing them off is not found here

Sakura

Children are tied to fathers instead of mothers in this game.

Lame...
So basically whoever the (male) protagonist marries, the child will be the same, which means any dialogue between his wife and kid are probably going to be super generic...

Shun

so is the difficulty in each route a set thing? or can they still be adjusted?

There is an overall difficulty that you can switch between but there is a locked, route specific difficulty depending on the version.

Nohr > Neutral > Hoshido in terms of difficulty but you can alter how difficult the game is before you start.

So if you played all 3 on hard, Nohr would always be the hardest.

Draxal

Just someone beat it and tell me if the story's really back to being more engaging.

Well, I mean you had that let's ask, where they talk about how bad awakening's story was so ... I don't see how it can be worse.

Lame...
So basically whoever the (male) protagonist marries, the child will be the same, which means any dialogue between his wife and kid are probably going to be super generic...

Except if he marries Azura/Aqua. And he'll then have two kids.

Lunar15

Well, I mean you had that let's ask, where they talk about how bad awakening's story was so ... I don't see how it can be worse.

Yeah, but that's also marketing. It made me feel way better, but I'd like to hear it from someone else too!

That I cannot be certain, at least that's what's Nintendo's been telling us.

Nohr has the other objectives.

Thanks. I was kind of hoping for to see some Defend chapter footage at the very least, but I guess not. Really disappointing that they link mission objective variety to difficulty when this isn't necessarily the case. I feel like they're doing fans a huge disservice by not including more variety in the game. Kind of unfair that this stuff is Nohr-only, since I happen to really like the Hoshido designs.

yami4ct

Thanks. I was kind of hoping for to see some Defend chapter footage at the very least, but I guess not. Really disappointing that they link mission objective variety to difficulty when this isn't necessarily the case. I feel like they're doing fans a huge disservice by not including more variety in the game. Kind of unfair that this stuff is Nohr-only, since I happen to really like the Hoshido designs.

Some alternate objectives are inherently harder like kill all enemies, hold out for X number of turns, or keep away enemies from a certain stronghold. That being said, they should have been able to also come up with alternate objectives for Hoshido as well.

Vylash

general difficulty is chooseable in the beginning, but route difficulty is fixed. So, Nohr Lunatic is harder than Hoshido Lunatic for example

There is an overall difficulty that you can switch between but there is a locked, route specific difficulty depending on the version.

Nohr > Neutral > Hoshido in terms of difficulty but you can alter how difficult the game is before you start.

So if you played all 3 on hard, Nohr would always be the hardest.

well that's good, guess i'm getting both depending on if/what noa removes

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Without going into who this is to avoid spoilers, this is an awesome design.

rrhDRt7.jpg

Better hair color would make this go from good to great.

Chaos17

It's actually dumb (based on just the general understanding, don't know all the intricacies).

Yes, it's cliché for manga/anime fans but mainstream costumers will have been horrifed of real incest. So, yes, it's a clever move to make averyone beleive that you're 100% from Hoshino.

L95

Anyone who thinks this isn't getting cut is out of their minds.
Darn it NoA.

I don't see what would be so hard about recording less lewd lines?

I do expect this to be nerfed with less English VA lines though, at the least.

Top Bottom