• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

yami4ct

Anyone who thinks this isn't getting cut is out of their minds.
Darn it NoA.

Feature is certainly staying. They might tweak the dialogue (Which for the most part, isn't even that lewd) and will definitely ask for a different line delivery from the English VA.

surely they won't be assholes and cut stuff out again...right? ...anyone?

What did they cut from Awakening besides the Tharja (I think) butt from the Hot springs DLC? I honestly can't remember.

Savitar

Considering they censored that one picture in the previous game I could easily see them censoring various stuff in this.

If so the out cry is going to be tremendous.

Chaos17

Feature is certainly staying. They might tweak the dialogue (Which for the most part, isn't even that lewd) and will definitely ask for a different line delivery from the English VA.

What did they cut from Awakening besides the Tharja (I think) butt from the Hot springs DLC? I honestly can't remember.

They didn't cut it, they edited it the CG, if my memory is right.

-Horizon-

They changed some dialogue in the DLC too. Something about boingy bits being removed from what Nowi says to Tharja I think.

They cut your avatar having a mute option in the voices cause that would have meant having to localize additional lines in the story and that's just too much work

Xenoflare

Whoa whoa WHOA

Why did I not know Miyuki Sawashiro voiced her?! :O

This seriously changes everything!

Dude that's the reason why I'm siding with Nohr in the first place.

However I DID NOT except she would go all the way.

She went there. I think everyone who voiced this game had loads of fun.

Of course I think realistically the western version will not feature those very dangerous dialogues so except generic giggles and fillers.

Busaiku

Fire Emblem Awakening had Japanese voices too.
I don't think they're gonna cut it out this time.

Given everything, I just cannot see My Room sticking around.

Xenoflare

b...but my Miyukichi

:(

Wait, isn't my room also responsible for accessories and stuff? They might jip the function instead of taking it off completely.

I hope they confirm it's staying soon so you don't have to keep saying it'll be cut.

This is NeoGAF, Believe~

Xenoflare

I hope they confirm it's staying soon so you don't have to keep saying it'll be cut.

This is NeoGAF, Believe~

It's better to keep your expectations at a minimum so you can feel happy once things turns out for the better.

I still remember the people who are very adamant that Nintendo won't do a dual release like Japan did.

Can't say I didn't warn them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of, we never get a portrait of Azura's Nohr garb right? None of the leaks I've seen has it.

Busaiku

They are likely to cut out face touching, underwear time, and the intense dialogue.
At that point I just do not see them leaving in what little is left.
During the Treehouse demo, I don't think they brought up My Room at all, but focused on other My Castle stuff. I think that's telling.

-Horizon-

Of course I think realistically the western version will not feature those very dangerous dialogues so except generic giggles and fillers.
If not, I'll use that sound link every time I go to sleep. Her voice yo, so good. Umph.

They are likely to cut out face touching, underwear time, and the intense dialogue.
During the Treehouse demo, I don't think they brought up My Room at all, but focused on other My Castle stuff. I think that's telling.
The intense dialogue will be toned down, everything else will remain.

It would be hard to show that part of My Castle stuff considering the amount of variables in the text, I imagine it's not in a complete enough showcase to display.

Chaos17

I will be a bit sad, Nintendo need to step up and say "we're interested in our mature audience that's why we hope our mature audience will be enough mature to accept these". *dream*

Shun

It's better to keep your expectations at a minimum so you can feel happy once things turns out for the better.

I still remember the people who are very adamant that Nintendo won't do a dual release like Japan did.

Can't say I didn't warn them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of, we never get a portrait of Azura's Nohr garb right? None of the leaks I've seen has it.

Doesn't Aqua just wear a different color dress depending on your allegiance?

Xenoflare

If not, I'll use that sound link every time I go to sleep. Her voice yo, so good. Umph.

Oh dear, I think I found out the real use of those leaked voice clips.

But seriously, she can voice any character and make it sound convincing without losing the fact that it's her.

However I didn't like a lot of the JP voices in the game since a lot of them reminds me of JP Sumia (too high pitched).

Time to think of a suitable English VA for Camilla.

Ali Hillis?

yami4ct

That would be way more work than I think Nintendo would put into the localization. Cutting a feature entirely would require quite a bit of code tweaking and even more QA just to make sure it didn't break anything else. They'll tone down the dialogue and leave everything else. With the Japanese voices, the subtitles will reflect the sanitized US dialogue.

Busaiku

The intense dialogue will be toned down, everything else will remain.

It would be hard to show that part of My Castle stuff considering the amount of variables in the text, I imagine it's not in a complete enough showcase to display.
They can't tone down the Japanese VA.

I desperately, desperately hope I'm wrong, but I just do not see it happening.
The worst part is they probably won't even say it's censored. We'll have to find out ourselves.

They can't tone down the Japanese VA.

I desperately, desperately hope I'm wrong, but I just do not see it happening.
The worst part is they probably won't even say it's censored. We'll have to find out ourselves.
I don't think there will be Japanese VA.

It was most likely there at the Treehouse event because they haven't finished the English VA.

Xenoflare

I don't think there will be Japanese VA.

It was most likely there at the Treehouse event because they haven't finished the English VA.

Yeah, the Treehouse stream obviously useed a pre-release build.

You can see the weird text overlays in Japanese indicating it's far from finished.

It's fine, the fact that I know the pandering would be less makes me less irked towards it.

Either way I'm prepared.

Shun

The game is only 3GB and the remaining scenarios are downloaded. I don't see how space is an issue for this game.

yami4ct

But seriously, she can voice any character and make it sound convincing without losing the fact that it's her.

However I didn't like a lot of the JP voices in the game since a lot of them reminds me of JP Sumia (too high pitched).

Ali Hillis?

Tara Platt? I dunno. Something about her gives me a Mitsuru from Persona 3 vibe.

Xenoflare

The game is only 3GB and the remaining scenarios are downloaded. I don't see how space is an issue for this game.

So you are saying both routes are downloaded?

Is the discounted version of the DLC also 3GB?

Or are you indicating that splinting the two routes isn't due to space?

Yeah, the Treehouse stream obviously useed a pre-release build.

You can see the weird text overlays in Japanese indicating it's far from finished.

It's fine, the fact that I know the pandering would be less makes me less irked towards it.

Either way I'm prepared.

I mean they had dual audio in Awakening so I can't see them cutting it here.

No Japanese VA is an even more unlikely scenario.
It was in Fire Emblem Awakening, why wouldn't it be in this.
There's a lot more recorded dialogue and the game is much larger.

I don't think the Japanese VA is gonna make it. (And even if it doesn't I don't think NoA is gonna freak out over Camilla saying "as your sister and your wife" in Japanese. They'll just translate it differently.)

Xenoflare

There's a lot more recorded dialogue and the game is much larger.

I don't think the Japanese VA is gonna make it. (And even if it doesn't I don't think NoA is gonna freak out over Camilla saying "as your sister and your wife" in Japanese. They'll just translate it differently.)

Yeah, I cannot imagine Nintendo would let that pass without heavy modification into the west, it's a ticking time bomb.

Personally I think my room and JP VA might not coexist.

Uness they want to make this game rated M and slap "Sexual Content“ on the label.

But then again, Nintendo DID include same-sex S rank.

We'll just have to wait until 2016

yami4ct

If it's indeed Tara Platt.

Then she will share the same jp/en combo with Elizabeth in Persona 3.

I can get behind this

I totally missed the fact she did Mitsu and Elizabeth. She's got a pretty good range.

Yeah, I cannot imagine Nintendo would let that pass without heavy modification into the west, it's a ticking time bomb.

Uness they want to make this game rated M and slap "Sexual Content“ on the label.

Eh, I doubt a Japanese lady talking a bit sexy with a completely non-sexual translation underneath is gonna tip the ESRB rating one bit.

I mean "sexual content" isn't immediately an M rating.

It's never explicit, and as long as it's only implied I think they can keep a lot of stuff and still have it be T.

Gay marriage won't affect the rating, but I think this will probably be rated M regardless due to other factors.

There's a metric ton of characters in this game, all with their own extensive set of lines for the My Room mode, plus all the storyline dialogue, and the much more visually impressive cutscenes. I'd love the Japanese VA to be included but I don't know if there will be room.

ryseing

Lame...
So basically whoever the (male) protagonist marries, the child will be the same, which means any dialogue between his wife and kid are probably going to be super generic...

Wasn't that the case with male Robin/Morgan? Or am I missing something here?

Vylash

Ali Hillis?

Laura B-

Gay marriage won't affect the rating, but I think this will probably be rated M regardless due to other factors.

There's a metric ton of characters in this game, all with their own extensive set of lines for the My Room mode, plus all the storyline dialogue, and the much more visually impressive cutscenes. I'd love the Japanese VA to be included but I don't know if there will be room.

I just don't see it being rated M. If Idea Factory games can get away with being rated T, this certainly can.

Xenoflare

I totally missed the fact she did Mitsu and Elizabeth. She's got a pretty good range.

Eh, I doubt a Japanese lady talking a bit sexy with a completely non-sexual translation underneath is gonna tip the ESRB rating one bit.

I mean "sexual content" isn't immediately an M rating.

It's never explicit, and as long as it's only implied I think they can keep a lot of stuff and still have it be T.

Let's hope for the best.

Mhmm, if it's cart space you are worried about, I think 3ds's cart can go up to 8gb.

But it would make this a huge digital download if that is the case.

Then again, I thought the game is around 3GB as the OP stated? I think this game would be like FE:A where in game dialogue will not be fully voiced, so I don't think cutscenes are going to take up THAT much space, especially when 3DS's screen resolution is really low.

Top Bottom