• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Sakura

Wasn't that the case with male Robin/Morgan? Or am I missing something here?

In Awakening the child came from the female. So if you are playing a male character, you would have the kid for him, and then the kid for the wife.
But in FE:If, the child comes from the father. So if I am playing a male character, regardless of what girl I marry, there will only be the one kid from the protagonist.
That makes it kind of boring for me for multiple playthroughs, because every time my guy marries it's always going to be the same kid with the same events. Oh well.
I would prefer if unique pairings had unique children.

Ok so out of curiosity on how fked up they could have possibly made the Amie lines, I checked out some of them.

Wow. Seriously? The localization team is going to have a hard time trying to explain why all the lines were cut out.

Lusankya

Ok so out of curiosity on how fked up they could have possibly made the Amie lines, I checked out some of them.

Wow. Seriously? The localization team is going to have a hard time trying to explain why all the lines were cut out.

Can somebody post an example? What's so bad about these lines?

Can somebody post an example? What's so bad about these lines?

Leon's S support

Nee-san, I'm glad from the bottom of my heart that we are not related by blood.

Elise's

This is a strange feeling. The place you're touching feels nice.

Camilla's (Her's are especially lewd)

Ufufu... Are you limp, I wonder?

Next time, your big sister will be doing the petting.

Ah,... if you do that, then I...

Nintendo has a special kind of localization bleach to clean this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
In Awakening the child came from the female. So if you are playing a male character, you would have the kid for him, and then the kid for the wife.
But in FE:If, the child comes from the father. So if I am playing a male character, regardless of what girl I marry, there will only be the one kid from the protagonist.
That makes it kind of boring for me for multiple playthroughs, because every time my guy marries it's always going to be the same kid with the same events. Oh well.
I would prefer if unique pairings had unique children.
It's the exact same situation as Awakening if you chose the female avatar and didn't marry Chrom. So just marry Aqua?

Hair designs for Kamui
rsyazIc.jpg

Ucg5LWx.jpg

lupinko

I have FEA via eshop but how does DLC work for cartridge games? Is it saved on the cart or on the SDHC? I'm debating getting the special edition locally or using my ¥3500 eshop money toward it all digitally. But my digital games are currently on my LL and not on my n3DS and swapping would be fun. Also with If, it would make me go out and get the FE amiibos out now if I go physical since I don't have a high capacity micro SDHC at the moment.

Xenoflare

I have FEA via eshop but how does DLC work for cartridge games? Is it saved on the cart or on the SDHC? I'm debating getting the special edition locally or using my ¥3500 eshop money toward it all digitally. But my digital games are currently on my LL and not on my n3DS and swapping would be fun. Also with If, it would make me go out and get the FE amiibos out now if I go physical since I don't have a high capacity micro SDHC at the moment.

It's on the SD and the game would scan the SD card every time it boots I think.

I'm really looking forward to this game. While many have been criticizing it, I'm looking forward to the two (three) versions
- that is because I am fully expecting NOE to release them all together <3

I didn't like the marriage/child system in Awakening though and I was hoping they'd abandon it for this game. Let's hope the children will feel more meaningful and more fleshed out... For me they mostly joined way too late in the game and what bothered me most was the constant worry of "missing out" on their side-chapters when not managing to pair characters...

Edit: This kinda changed my mind a bit, hah! /hipocrisy

ranmafan

Excitement building for sure! Hope Amazon ships my special edition soon. Want to be able to play this after work tomorrow.

Hair designs for Kamui

Man big-sized Mamui is SWOLE as fuck. Why didn't they just use this as the default from the beginning?

The more I watch of this game, the more tempted I am to just pick it up on the spot if my local store does end up bringing it in. It plays like an improvement over awakening in every conceivable way.

fertygo

Meh, you guys overhyping that Camilla's head rubbing mode audio compilation, I'm disappointed.. aside Miyukichi's try her hardest with voice that made you throat dry as shit.. everything else sound just like uh head rubbing, there's some effort for misleading dialogue, but when you remember the mode, illusion shattered.

Its not Senran Kagura yet yo

Watching the Nohr stream in lunatic right now. Welp, let's just say he's resetting a ton.

Yeah but it seems like the enemies are weaker than Awakening's Lunatic mode. Maybe too much. For example, I saw a level 8 pegasus knight with only 12 in speed, which is ridiculously low.

lupinko

Hmm the smaller shops don't have the SE. I'm going to check Yodobashi.

If not, then I can buy digital, the game card is cheaper at one of the konbini than nintendo's price, and I still have ¥2800 left from the ¥4000 voucher I got via Club Nintendo. I just bought Gunstar Heroes 3D Classsic, so sue me. :p

So what do you say gaf, do I go for the SE if I can or just buy digital since I'd be saving a bunch of money given my past CN reward?

I don't want to buy it on cart for convenience and I can't decide on the covers which is why I would go for SE or digital. Lmao

Gah, first world problems.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hmm the smaller shops don't have the SE. I'm going to check Yodobashi.

If not, then I can buy digital, the game card is cheaper at one of the konbini than nintendo's price, and I still have ¥2800 left from the ¥4000 voucher I got via Club Nintendo. I just bought Gunstar Heroes 3D Classsic, so sue me. :p

So what do you say gaf, do I go for the SE if I can or just buy digital since I'd be saving a bunch of money given my past CN reward?

I don't want to buy it on cart for convenience and I can't decide on the covers which is why I would go for SE or digital. Lmao

Gah, first world problems.

Considering how fast it got wiped out multiple times doubt anyplace will have the SE if they do have walk-ins unless you know which shop and standing in line before it opens can imagine the chances will be fairly slim.

Yodobashi's reservations for it stopped a while back.

lupinko

Considering how fast it got wiped out multiple times doubt anyplace will have the SE if they do have walk-ins unless you know which shop and standing in line before it opens can imagine the chances will be fairly slim.

Yodobashi's reservations for it stopped a while back.

Yeah I figured that. And I have work tomorrow morning when they open so ehhhh.

I don't care for the Artbook or TCG card anyway.

I can just go digital I guess.

Edit: I'll drop by again tomorrow after work. I just went to a bunch of shops including Yodobashi and zilch. You can buy the game now in stores and the game isn't really out tomorrow officially.

Oh hey, live studio recording for an FE game. While the samples used in the current games are more than sufficient, i'd honestly love to see more live stuff in the full OST.

I believe this song is coming out as a single early July.

Imagine a console Fire Emblem for the NX. Full orchestra. Next-gen visuals. Launch title.

BELIEVE

LordJim

If you side with Nohr,
Eyoma loses his shit until he dies alone in a burning temple
If you pick Hoshido,
Elise dies by jumping in front of Xander hoping to stop you from fighting.

So, which 'kin' is easier to put down?

Busaiku

If you side with Nohr, Sakura dies horribly in front of you
If you pick Hoshido, you have to aid in killing Camilla, who sobs and begs you to tell her why you hate her now.

So this wasn't in spoilers with a huge warning because..?
Ugh.

Busaiku

It's right in the OP though.
Gameplay elements are free discussion and story elements are up to your discretion. Early game details are fine, pivotal moments like deaths, betrayals, and especially the DLC scenario must be tagged.

Ugh saw some character spoilers on Tumblr because I'm a goddamn idiot.

No more Tumblr for me. I just wanted to see some fan art ;_;

Violet_0

Banned
I want all three versions when they get released outside of Japan, but it seems this is gonna be expensive. Not really liking this split

I want all three versions when they get released outside of Japan, but it seems this is gonna be expensive. Not really liking this split
I assume it will be cheaper to just go digital since in Japan the game is discounted and each extra campaign will be like $15 bucks. So $35 + $15 + $15 = $65.
I regret getting a physical copy since I could not cancel it. I may just go digital and keep the copy as a display.

Busaiku

I assume it will be cheaper to just go digital since in Japan the game is discounted and each extra campaign will be like $15 bucks. So $35 + $15 + $15 = $65.
I regret getting a physical copy since I could not cancel it. I may just go digital and keep the copy as a display.
The special edition was actually the cheapest in Japan.

Puruzi

Banned
Hair designs for Kamui

Yo the side tail, double bun and crazy style that covers one eye omg

I love it.

If you side with Nohr,
Sakura dies horribly in front of you
If you pick Hoshido,
you have to aid in killing Camilla, who sobs and begs you to tell her why you hate her now.

Why even live.
I was gonna get both but I don't wanna play Hoshido anymore.

Top Bottom