• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Xbox One controller not working for me in game. Hmm.

Edit: Works in the menus but not in an actual match itself.

Figured it out. My PS4 controller was hooked up. Xbox One controller was player 2.

Helznicht

Downloading now, Here we go!

wrestling-gif-8.gif

styl3s

I thought some sort of streaming software (e.g. OBS) was required for Twitch to begin with.

It's always been listed as 9 p.m. EDT for me (another 20 minutes), not sure why people are up in arms. :p
Mine was always listed at 8 pm EST.

But it's up and now downloading so it doesn't matter.

Yay! So I was wrong about it being late, it was instead a little early.

Since the real wrasslers will be covered I'm gonna make my old CWs that no one will care about.

Slizz

Kenny Omega, Edge all these CAW's already. I gotta wait till tomorrow morning to play but I cannot fucking wait.

Slizz

where do you see this? workshop shows nothing for me
The stream below had Omega and Edge, then I saw this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/884575435446779904

Worth remembering that www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc are streaming the game once it releases and giving away codes for those that aren't ready to pull the trigger yet.

They're also pretty hilarious, so I'd put them on in the background while messing around with the game if I was awake.

Kane1345

Bought!

2am here though so I'll have to play in the morning. Hopefully there are some great Nakamura's and Omega's by the time I get up. Have fun guys!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel like I shouldn't be surprised that a Japanese PC game doesn't have resolution options, but I am.

Sucks, because the game ALMOST runs fine on my garbage PC. I feel like if I could bump the resolution down a bit it'd be fine. =/

Blizzard

Banned
I'm streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/agentbliz so people can teach me wrestling.

Currently I can't figure out how to skip the intro movie, lol.
Streaming seems to work fine now. I'm not making ad revenue since I'm a brand new channel, just screwing around to learn everything as a complete noob to the series.

If anyone has requests for features, character creation, whatever, just type it in the chat. I should be on for a couple of hours.

And yeah I didn't see a resolution option and it feels sort of scaled. Maybe there's something in a config file?

Syxx

Neo Member
Is this game running at like double speed for anyone else? I can't find a setting to slow it down.
I had to enable VSync to slow it down. If anyone else was experiencing this with a GSync display.

I was only in it for a couple minutes but doesn't look like it's doing much in terms of multi-threading. Turned of VSync so when I actually do a match that should be interesting...

EDIT: There are now created wrestlers on the Workshop.

Also this was my 350th Steam game.

styl3s

In offline how i select to play one of the wrestlers? it always ends up being AI vs AI

go left or right to pick a wrestler but go left or right one more time and you will see the cp highlight just barely. the select and it will show option for 1p or cp. i had a hard time figuring it out too
Aha! Thanks.

I was going crazy.

Nitemare1

Me neither. I also can't change it from CP vs CP to CP vs 1P (me)

go left or right to pick a wrestler but go left or right one more time and you will see the cp highlight just barely. the select and it will show option for 1p or cp. i had a hard time figuring it out too

Prophane33

Okay for those who are having issues changing from CP to 1P or whatever, under options and controller, make sure that it says 1P or 2P. So when selecting wrestlers after you've selected a wrestler (let's say for 1P the blue corner) press left to highlight the CP then hit A and you should be able to switch it.

Edit: I mention the controller thing because for some reason the time I tried to use a controller it was default for 2P for some reason (likely because I switched controllers from my USB Super Famicom style controller to a wired Xbox 360 one while the game was running).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, guess that's what I get for hoping that a PC that can at least run Arkham Asylum at a playable framerate could run Fire Pro. Ah well, at least I get to experience Steam refunds for the first time. =/

Time to forget this game exists until the PS4 release, I guess. This sucks. =/

CookTrain

Well, guess that's what I get for hoping that a PC that can at least run Arkham Asylum at a playable framerate could run Fire Pro. Ah well, at least I get to experience Steam refunds for the first time. =/

Time to forget this game exists until the PS4 release, I guess. This sucks. =/

It doesn't run for you? Hmm, they must have to make some optimisation then because these games obviously run on much more modest hardware and it's not like they've upped the technical demands of them.

Also, does anyone know if there is a Famouser in the CAW moveset? There's a Guillotine Cutter, but it's not quite the same.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any way to cancel a match (or the intro cutscene)? I'm basically stuck with no menus or anything, lol.

*edit* It's Tab.

The mission mode helped me get back into the swing of things fast.

I can beat the CPU on 6 currently. Going to try 7.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are Fire Pro vets enjoying this? Looks great so far

It's Fire Pro. The graphics filter is a bit weird, and the timing seems tighter than I remember it (low difficulty feels more like a higher level in the old games though it's been a few years since I even played Returns), but it's Fire Pro. Wouldn't have asked for anything different.

It's Fire Pro. The graphics filter is a bit weird, and the timing seems tighter than I remember it (low difficulty feels more like a higher level in the old games though it's been a few years since I even played Returns), but it's Fire Pro. Wouldn't have asked for anything different.

Fuck yeah! This looks like "Fire Pro Returns..Again" and thats perfect. Hypeeee

Prophane33

Runs perfectly on my modest laptop:

i7-4510U @ 2.00ghz (though apparently running at 2.6)
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4400

Maddocks

I know this has probably been asked a million times or more, but I can't seem to find the answer.

If I loved the old wcw vs nwo and wwf no mercy games, will I love this just as much? because I haven't touched a wrestling game since them and I'm interested in this game because it looks like it has the same style of gameplay, but way more customization.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Runs perfectly on my modest laptop:

i7-4510U @ 2.00ghz (though apparently running at 2.6)
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4400

That's modest these days, huh?

Time to go throw my PC in the dumpster where it belongs.

(I'll stop shitting up the thread with my whining now, I promise. This just hurts. I'm a huge Fire Pro fan and having to sit on the sidelines for who knows how long waiting for the PS4 release while the PC crowd gets to enjoy it is gonna be painful =/)

Hmm. I can't seem to get the Workshop wrestlers to show up in my wrestler list when I try to select them for a match.

I restarted the game and still nothing.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm. I can't seem to get the Workshop wrestlers to show up in my wrestler list when I try to select them for a match.

You have to create a team, promo, and pull the wrestlers from RETIRE I think.

The game's timing seems crazy at 60 fps, 100% speed. The level 1 tutorial grapple is like 1-2 frame timing?

Nivert

You need to go to edit team and move them from retired to a promotion/federation

Top Bottom