• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Exis

okay one more question, in the mission I am supposed to use my finisher, they all are back grapples- how do I get to the dudes back? All the Grapples seem to be from the front.

Foffy

Banned
How do you do counters? I thought it was lockup + SML / MED / BIG, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Counters work one of two ways.

Generally, they're automatically done; there's no counter button. You can counter if you are caught in an MMA or a back grapple, however.

No idea how the movelist determines which is what, if you're using that for reference.

okay one more question, in the mission I am supposed to use my finisher, they all are back grapples- how do I get to the dudes back? All the Grapples seem to be from the front.

Pick the person up and get behind them. Back grapples work best when the opponent is weak and dizzy.

T.A.L

Mission Mode is really appreciated. I never knew how to do Ariel move set ups and I've been playing this series forever.

I used to just try and do moves I know. I now know how to do more shit than I ever knew how to do. That's a plus already.

Still vague on the pin and submission system. I know the old way was rotate the dpad for submissions and tap or hold medium for pins. I don't know I just been pushing everything

Well instead of watching RAW I made a crappy Kenny Omega

Ec1tclN.jpg

Really hope that they do more with the workshop as things are pretty bare bones right now.

So yeeaaaah...

You're gonna want to have the game locked to 60FPS because I turned VSync off and the game frame rate matched my monitor's refresh rate (144Hz) and the match I had was at a minimum running at double speed. I jobbed hard because it was running too fast for me to time pretty much anything but light grapples.

Lol ran into the same problem at first. Actually made it through the first half of the tutorials this way before the timing became impossibly hard. Then when I switched it back on, it felt like everything was in slow motion. At least it's playable now though.

Blizzard

Banned
Counters work one of two ways.

Generally, they're automatically done; there's no counter button. You can counter if you are caught in an MMA or a back grapple, however.

No idea how the movelist determines which is what, if you're using that for reference.
The counters list a certain move so it must be the MMA / back grapple counters then. I'm not sure how to get the AI to do a back grapple on me.

Also some of these moves are pretty brutal. I stomped on a guy's crotch, and someone put me on the corner post and then air-humped my face.

Finally bought it now but absolutely nothing seems to work. Oh boy.

I download a few Wrestler, but i can't find them anywhere until i go to edit, create new, from model and click on them and save them but then i have them doubled in the team list.
Team is the next ting, i created WWE but i can't move anyone in there, it's just not clickable, god knows why.
And last but not least, i still can't choose them if i wan't to play. Where are they?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Finally bought it now but absolutely nothing seems to work. Oh boy.

I download a few Wrestler, but i can't find them anywhere until i go to edit, create new, from model and click on them and save them but then i have them doubled in the team list.
Team is the next ting, i created WWE but i can't move anyone in there, it's just not clickable, god knows why.
And last but not least, i still can't choose them if i wan't to play. Where are they?

You have to move your downloaded wrestlers in the Team Edit from Retired to any other group. If you create an organization you also have to create at least one stable under it to move people into.

Foggy

Yeah, not sure why you can't selected Retired from the wrestler groupings. This thing clearly came in pretty hot. That said, it's a lot of fun so I'm anxious for things to get cleaned up.

what groupings are you guys using? I just have USA and JP as the "federations" and then WWE, NJPW, etc under that as stables

its pretty sloppy and I dont like it

JambiBum

Don't know if any of you have tried the online mode yet but there's some pretty bad desync that happens. Talking about both players seeing completely different things at times. If that isn't fixed it's going to make it impossible to play online

Lylo

Guys, help me here please, i absolutely love AKI wrestling games on N64, but i just can't get into WWE2K, will i like this game? The screenshots and gameplay videos are very tempting...

Edgeward

Getting this now and then trying it out later down the road once things are ironed out. But gotta buy now and support Fire Pro.

rmatheso

Running this on an AMD A10-7800 Kaveri CPU w/ 12 gigs of ram and it runs... fine. Menus seem laggy and workshop support means subscribing to each individual wrestler, then transferring each one via team edit function. Kind of a pain when on PS3 you could transfer over a single 500 edit save...

But it's an updated Fire Pro and it's still awesome!

-

You have to move your downloaded wrestlers in the Team Edit from Retired to any other group. If you create an organization you also have to create at least one stable under it to move people into.

Yes, works now, thanks.

Entrance has a few framerate drops on my system but the match is smooth at least.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jesus Christ mission 23 is insane.

I now officially hate that moves and edit points are locked behind this mode as I can't see myself ever winning this. The CPU level is high enough that if you aren't frame perfect on your grapples you lose, and there are 7 more after this.

How do you throw someone outside the ring? Most of the time they just hit the ropes.

Grapple and then hit Run + 3D at the same time (Y + RB on 360 Pad).

Is the color panel only broken for me? If i click on colors the colors are automatically jumping around and staying on red, if i try to change something on the right side, it jumps back to the top, which is red. Can't change them.

Hasney

Yeah, not sure why you can't selected Retired from the wrestler groupings. This thing clearly came in pretty hot. That said, it's a lot of fun so I'm anxious for things to get cleaned up.

Because there needs to be somewhere I can put the default wrestlers once my roster is big enough!

I had some friends over tonight to play this game even though none of us had played this series before. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it.
Can't wait til the community makes all the old school wrestlers

Foffy

Banned
Jesus Christ mission 23 is insane.

I now officially hate that moves and edit points are locked behind this mode as I can't see myself ever winning this. The CPU level is high enough that if you aren't frame perfect on your grapples you lose, and there are 7 more after this.

Grapple and then hit Run + 3D at the same time (Y + RB on 360 Pad).

First try baybeeeee.

Guys, help me here please, i absolutely love AKI wrestling games on N64, but i just can't get into WWE2K, will i like this game? The screenshots and gameplay videos are very tempting...

I love AKI wrestling games too. Never thought I'd see better, but...

Fire Pro is better. If you give it one hour, you'll learn to love it.

jchung55

Holy shit this game is rad. Couple of newb questions:
How do I pick someone up after I slam em down? And how do I drag them around the ring?

Also what's the best way to back grapple? I'm trying to the OWA with Kenny and am struggling real bad.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, I am going to need to think of some rulesets for CAWs and such like my old eFed days. Might see if those old rulesets are still around.

So many ideas for edits!

Holy shit this game is rad. Couple of newb questions:
How do I pick someone up after I slam em down? And how do I drag them around the ring?

Also what's the best way to back grapple? I'm trying to the OWA with Kenny and am struggling real bad.

Hold R1 and move the d-pad when you're near their head or legs while they're down to drag

Pick them up by pressing square when they're down. Try back grappling later on in the match while hey're groggy and weak

I never play on PC and I know jack shit about PC gaming, but I love Fire Pro so much that I installed Steam just to download this. My trash laptop somehow manages to run this game, sound is out of sync, but loving it so far. Can't wait to see what people can do with the edit mode.

Hasney

Woke up early so decided to play a little. Had to do so much fannying around because my mouse is also recognised as a gamepad for additional features but now got my controller working. Time to play the gammmmeeee

vixlar

I made Gran Davis, a mexican referee who always favored the "rudos" (heel). The bad news is the black glove is in both hands. You can look for it in the workshop...

Thabass

Just the way I remember it. Kudos to the devs, this game is on point. Can't wait for the full editor sweet. Need to make my Turnbuckle Brainbussttaahhhhhh

Hasney

I'm finding it funny that I'm overcompensating on grapples due to the shitty input lag on my TV for Returns. With it being on a monitor, I can use real timing now.

Top Bottom