• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

She’s kind of annoying. She said some real stupid shit about the IP she is now apart of, and now plays the victim. Death threats aren’t cool though. She has a right to be pissed about that.
The internet is more accessible than it's ever been which also means there are more dumb people on It. With that your going to see increases in trolling, death threats, Etc. I would get death threats playing CoD on 360 all the time and it's the nature of the internet.

More than likely she can't handle the criticism that she is taking like most people in her generation and immediately plays the victim card because she doesn't have a thick enough skin to get over it.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

lmao.

We don't need to do anything lady. Your words.
You are a grow ass woman. Need to start taking responsibilty.

For the love of God just fucking die already. Let some other company that actually wants to turn a profit buy up tbe IP, and treat them with a modicum of respect.

She’s kind of annoying. She said some real stupid shit about the IP she is now apart of, and now plays the victim. Death threats aren’t cool though. She has a right to be pissed about that.
Y'all took the bait. The X/tweet is from an year old video on her YT channel and not a response to the recent Snow White backlash. :messenger_winking_tongue:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Y'all took the bait. The X/tweet is from an year old video on her YT channel and not a response to the recent Snow White backlash. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Bamboozled.

No one on social media lies....

I guess she isn't doing damage control then. Is that worse?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This makes me worry about the new Alien movie and television series which is going to be 20th Century Fox which is owned by Disney now.

Apparently, one of the main characters is played by that same woman in Indiana Jones 5.

The Acolyte is also being directed by a feminist/sjw type.

Disney continues to hire activists like other people are saying. They become more and more insufferable with everything that they produce.

Flutta

Banned
This makes me worry about the new Alien movie and television series which is going to be 20th Century Fox which is owned by Disney now.

Apparently, one of the main characters is played by that same woman in Indiana Jones 5.

Disney continues to hire activists like other people are saying. They become more and more insufferable with everything that they produce.
Expect everything from Hollywood to have toxic feminism or FreakGBTQ elements until the whole thing explodes on their faces. Untill then enjoy the downfall 😛

Ulysses 31

There's already red flags with that show where the creator said it will also be about inequility and wealth disparity of modern times that the show will depict the future results of.

Maybe he'll pull it off somehow but I doubt that's what people go to see Alien(s) shows for.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
There's already red flags with that show where the creator said it will also be about inequility and wealth disparity of modern times that the show will depict the future results of.

Maybe he'll pull it off somehow but I doubt that's what people go to see Alien(s) shows for.
This can work when they cloak the social discussion in adequate layers of sci-fi. The aliens universe has always been blue collar vs white collar/corporate, so that is nothing new. But you still gotta have a GOOD STORY, COMPELLING CHARACTERS, and SCI-FI SHIT for it to work, that's what they can't seem to realize.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

This can work when they cloak the social discussion in adequate layers of sci-fi. The aliens universe has always been blue collar vs white collar/corporate, so that is nothing new. But you still gotta have a GOOD STORY, COMPELLING CHARACTERS, and SCI-FI SHIT for it to work, that's what they can't seem to realize.
As Jason said, as long as the story is good, having a rich corporate guy vs poor rebel guy setting isn't that big of a deal. SW is the same. And my fav movie Total Recall is the same too with Cohagen trying to rule mars with an iron fist. The rich vs poor arc is a high level thing most people wont even think about as people focus on the action, witty dialogue and cool kills. BUT if the plot is heavy in politics where it's annoyingly obvious, then that is a turn off.

Lunarorbit

Zegler has that same small dick energy that Jenna Ortega has. Thinks their rage against the machine moment is gonna galvanize us morons and simps into bowing down and groveling for more bs.

VN1X

Banned
Wow at her comments about Jeremy Renner. She's a headcase.

We live in a culture (a society if you will) that not only condones this sort of behaviour but actively promotes it as well. So all of this isn't very surprising. I fully expect Disney to not do anything about it either.

For all of the harm that social media does I'm kind of glad it exists as it has been the perfect boon for these narcissistic assholes (that can't go a day without attention) to expose themselves for what they truly are. Despicable cunts, the lot of 'em.

Last edited:

justonething

Jada's BFF
Anyone notice a striking resemblance between her and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame? Truly the wrong Disney movie they cast her in.

intro-1654079485.webp

If they wanted to cast someone who isn't white (which they shouldn't) as Snow White, it should have been someone actually pretty like Isabela Merced.

Mesousa

Banned
Yeah on the bright side, when this bombs she’ll probably disappear
I dont think she will tbh.

She's obviously being prepped to be the next big disney starlet. Their "Classy" version of a Jenna Ortega. It remains to be seen if her behavior is hurting her with the key demographic they are targeting with her(young populations). I dont think they have officially ran from her, and I also dont think this demographic will lead to success at the box office without older people buying into her. I think if(when) this flops they ride with her for the next few years in supporting roles until they feel her heir apparent(Kylie Cantrall) is ready for the big times.

daffyduck

Such hypocrisy about an actor playing a character of a different skin color.
If it’s a white actor playing a non-white character, racist.
If it’s a non-white actor playing a white character, it’s empowering, and racist to say otherwise.

I’m aware she’s mixed race, but that doesn’t fit this character, and I didn’t make these looney “rules”.

I think there's 2 angles to this. Disney is prepping with her what to say regarding the movie, as Gal is also regurgitating the same BS without getting the same level of backlash. The current Disney is set to destroy Walt's legacy, vision, and core values. Just look at they are doing to Epcot, splash mountain, and all the other nonsense they are doing. Look at their garbage live action remakes. Disney has been alienating 98% of the demographic, families, to appeal to the childless, family-less snowflakes.

The other thing is that Rachel is not particularly bright. She has zero self-awareness as she grew up in the twitter bubble. There's nothing to gain from repeatedly trashing the project you are in. If you really hate it so much, maybe you should quit, but obviously she's not going to because $$$. And thanks to Disney enabling her with woke messaging, she goes on public tirade putting her foot in her mouth.

Last edited:
The clothes are probably the most offensive thing in that photo. Such horrible taste...Disney heads are on a mission to destroy the brand...

Mesousa

Banned
Jenna’s the polar opposite though, don’t put her name near this despicable cunt.
Of course shes the same as Rachel. Lets not forget this was a teenager who changed the writing on her show because she felt she knew better than the writing room.

The only difference is you are a fan of JO and are able to frame her entitlement in a positive way. Which is the exact thing Disney execs are banking on right now. Rachel's fanbase think what shes doing makes her brilliant, and execs will see how far this goes before making any real move in terms of her career.

Moneal

Of course shes the same as Rachel. Lets not forget this was a teenager who changed the writing on her show because she felt she knew better than the writing room.

The only difference is you are a fan of JO and are able to frame her entitlement in a positive way. Which is the exact thing Disney execs are banking on right now. Rachel's fanbase think what shes doing makes her brilliant, and execs will see how far this goes before making any real move in terms of her career.
Jenna got rid of shit like this:
There was a line about a dress she has to wear for a school dance and she says, ‘Oh my god I love it. Ugh, I can’t believe I said that. I literally hate myself.’ I had to go, ‘No.’

Yeah ain't the same.

Mesousa

Banned
I know one was working to be more like the source material and the other has said theirs wouldn't be like it and bashed it on multiple occasions.
And both were acting like entitled gen Z'ers who thinks the sun shines out of their asses. Its the logical conclusion when you "YAAAAS SLAY GIRL BOSS" whatever a kid does. They start to believe they have all the answers.

And both were acting like entitled gen Z'ers who thinks the sun shines out of their asses. Its the logical conclusion when you "YAAAAS SLAY GIRL BOSS" whatever a kid does. They start to believe they have all the answers.

At a certain point, I don't care who it is telling off hack writers who want to change what people loved about an original work in the first place, I'm on their side. After The Witcher, I'm completely done with this crap.

bitbydeath

The original 1937 film’s director was the late David Hand who worked at Disney through to the 1990s. Now his son, also named David Hand, has spoken
It’s a whole different concept, and I just totally disagree with it, and I know my dad and Walt would also very much disagree with it.

It’s a disgrace [that the studio is] trying to do something new with something that was such a great success earlier. Their thoughts are just so radical now. They change the stories, they change the thought process of the characters.

… There’s no respect for what Disney did and what my dad did. I think Walt and he would be turning in their graves.”

Soodanim

What a nonsensical comparison. Lorena Bobbitt and Jenna Ortega are both women, ergo Jenna cuts dicks off.

Jenna went against Wednesday Addams coming out with some of the stupidest teenie bopper bollocks, instead favouring the character being more authentic to the source material. Jenna Ortega is closer to Henry Cavill here. Focus on the content of their protests, not their age.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Disney’s already under much scrutiny live-action “Snow White” remake wrapped filming a year ago,
Now though, a new report at Puck News(The Direct) suggests the movie will “almost certainly” be delayed to a later date.

The Direct also indicates that reshoots have been called for on the film, and with the ongoing actor’s strike the Mouse House may have no choice but to push it back.
Time to bring the Prince back?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Time to bring the Prince back?

Reshoots and release date rescheduling (that month is PACKED)... makes sense.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Reshoots and delays are two different things. If it being packed were the issue then they would have simply moved it, no reshoots required.

You can do reshoots and still keep the date. But the month being packed definitely factored in the decision to move the date. Marvel does it all the time

Top Bottom