• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That wouldn’t surprise me. With talks of selling parts (or even all) of their business, Disney are no longer in the position of being able to go broke for the woke.
I would like to agree with you but you might be underestimating them. Disney and woke is like pizza and pepperoni. They're not going to change anytime soon and will probably just get worse.

I dont want to shit on anyone but I dont remember when was the last time a single upcoming actress destroyed her career before it even got off. Just because of tweets and some dumb "powerful women" comments. I read one comment on IG recently and its spot on. " In the end, feminism won, women lost." This girl has been in one movie and now became a meme for a lifetime.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Damn this movie has been put through the YouTube outrage ringer and we haven't even gotten to the lyric changes to Heigh Ho or how mining and using coal is bad for the environment yet.

“Acceptable height, sex worker, Acceptable height, sex worker, it‘s off to a place of gainful employment with a living wage we go, we dig in a considerate way for the environment, and then return to out domiciles and our families who are free to express themselves as whoever or whatever they wish to be…”

jason10mm

Gold Member
I dont want to shit on anyone but I dont remember when was the last time a single upcoming actress destroyed her career before it even got off. Just because of tweets and some dumb "powerful women" comments. I read one comment on IG recently and its spot on. " In the end, feminism won, women lost." This girl has been in one movie and now became a meme for a lifetime.
She was thr youngest goddess in Shazam 2 and she is the lead in the new Hunger Games movie, no? Shazam obviously bombed but the Hunger games role looks exactly like the "dont need no man to help me" type thing she has been talking about. So wait and see how that film does before scratching her off the list just yet.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
She was thr youngest goddess in Shazam 2 and she is the lead in the new Hunger Games movie, no? Shazam obviously bombed but the Hunger games role looks exactly like the "dont need no man to help me" type thing she has been talking about. So wait and see how that film does before scratching her off the list just yet.

She was also the lead in Spielberg's Westside Story.

jason10mm

Gold Member
She was also the lead in Spielberg's Westside Story.
Sure, but that was probably the "one film" he was referring to. My point is that she is a current "it girl" that lands a buncha roles bam bam bam after which she flames out and disappears or MIGHT grow some legs.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Westside Story was a bomb as well was it not? She's clearly got a motor behind her for the moment regardless of returns. Hollywood has little pet projects all the time. Remember when they tried to make Dane Cook a thing? lol

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Westside Story was a bomb as well was it not? She's clearly got a motor behind her for the moment regardless of returns. Hollywood has little pet projects all the time. Rember when they tried to make Dane Cook a thing? lol

It released during COVID but released simultaneously on HBO Max... Of course it bombed! The quality of the film, acting, singing, dancing, set design wasn't an issue. Keilar fucked it up with dual releasing it during the pandemic.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Westside Story was a bomb as well was it not? She's clearly got a motor behind her for the moment regardless of returns. Hollywood has little pet projects all the time. Remember when they tried to make Dane Cook a thing? lol
I remember when they tried to make jay courtney a thing.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I remember when they tried to make jay courtney a thing.
I know what you are saying but reality is 2018 is the only year he doesn't have several movie or TV show credits since like 2008. Guy has been steadily working.

Same thing with Sam Worthington.

It's actresses like Rachel Taylor that just vanished after Jessica Jones. Heck, even Kristin Ritter has mostly ghosted after that show. Alas, I think those ladies just age out of desirability in a way the men don't.

E-Cat

Who needs true love ? When you got power and leadership, you can just grab them by the p… by the dick, I guess.
But why do women want power in the first place? Men do it to get women, because women are attracted to money. But men are attracted to looks and personality.

She can be the next lead in a new Star Wars, it wont change the fact that she meme-ed herself for life. This is what people will remember her by and going by her attitude, she cant handle criticism so she will just burn out. I dont think anyone will be giving her roles when they saw how she "promotes" movies she is in. No one is saying the new Snow White is bad because its not even out yet, they are commenting on her as a person. But also we can pretty much be sure the whole of SW will be a disaster.

She will always be the girl that wants to be a powerful woman, that cant take criticism, than walks back on statements and cries for sympathy yet disses people what they said or done on twitter but the same karma came for her. She is tainted for life. Nobody would wanna work with her after this. Hunger games ws in development looooong before she opened her mouth.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I know what you are saying but reality is 2018 is the only year he doesn't have several movie or TV show credits since like 2008. Guy has been steadily working.

Same thing with Sam Worthington.

It's actresses like Rachel Taylor that just vanished after Jessica Jones. Heck, even Kristin Ritter has mostly ghosted after that show. Alas, I think those ladies just age out of desirability in a way the men don't.
I liked him in spartacus, but his role was really easy to love.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
But why do women want power in the first place? Men do it to get women, because women are attracted to money. But men are attracted to looks and personality.
I just assume they want what men want...women :p

Duck and cover!!!!

But seriously, can't really hold it against a girl if she wants influence and agency for herself and not because some guy gives it to her in exchange for sex. But doesn't mean you gotta be a screeching shrew about it either.

E-Cat

But seriously, can't really hold it against a girl if she wants influence and agency for herself and not because some guy gives it to her in exchange for sex. But doesn't mean you gotta be a screeching shrew about it either.
I suppose, but influence and agency aren't going to increase her sexual marketplace value one iota, which I assume everyone out there is more or less trying to maximize (except asexuals). So she would be better off in the long run cultivating her character and finding a good man than attempting to maximize her status. A lot of lonely girl bosses out there.

Re:Rachel Zegler, I'm going to be somewhat of a contrarian here because I think she has an extremely fuckable face.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

To not be under the yoke of a man they despise... To be able to handle their own business... To not answer to someone else ... Power isn't something that belongs to men. It gives peace of mind and a feeling of safety.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I suppose, but influence and agency aren't going to increase her sexual marketplace value one iota, which I assume everyone out there is more or less trying to maximize (except asexuals). So she would be better off in the long run cultivating her character and finding a good man than attempting to maximize her status. A lot of lonely girl bosses out there.

Re:Rachel Zegler, I'm going to be somewhat of a contrarian here because I think she has an extremely fuckable face.
Ehh, I dunno, I know some rather homely ladies with pretty good arm candy thanks to their money. And money KEEPS a girl looking good, or at least from looking old, same thing to them I guess :p

Plus women in general can get laid with virtually zero effort, its about getting the RIGHT kind of laid, with real emotional commitment, that they seem to crave. So accruing power can give them stability so they can pick the RIGHT guy, not just the "right one right now". I don't think many women sweat just getting boned the way we do.

Cyberpunkd

But why do women want power in the first place?
To fuck men.

colin jost snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

E-Cat

To not be under the yoke of a man they despise... To be able to handle their own business... To not answer to someone else ... Power isn't something that belongs to men. It gives peace of mind and a feeling of safety.
But why get involved with a man you despise in the first place? Is it because they're attracted to his power despite secretly hating him? And wanting power for themselves so that that thing no longer makes them attracted to him? I guess I kind of see the logic.
Ehh, I dunno, I know some rather homely ladies with pretty good arm candy thanks to their money.
I guess they do exist, never been with a sugar mama.
Plus women in general can get laid with virtually zero effort, its about getting the RIGHT kind of laid, with real emotional commitment, that they seem to crave. So accruing power can give them stability so they can pick the RIGHT guy, not just the "right one right now". I don't think many women sweat just getting boned the way we do.
No, I'm talking specifically about long-term, committed love. So the theme I'm picking up from this and the other comment is that because women can't resist money and power, they may feel compelled to pick a shitty guy solely because he has that carrot dangling over their head, because rich and powerful guys are so rare -- so in order to be able to afford the luxury of being in a position to select a rich, powerful and wholesome guy, they must first have money and power for themselves. I get it now.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
No, I'm talking specifically about long-term, committed love. So the theme I'm picking up from this and the other comment is that because women can't resist money and power, they may feel compelled to pick a shitty guy solely because he has that carrot dangling over their head, because rich and powerful guys are so rare -- so in order to be able to afford the luxury of being in a position to select a rich, powerful and wholesome guy, they must first have money and power for themselves. I get it now.
Well, women tend to only date peers or higher, in my experience a professional woman will NEVER date down. They seem to place more emphasis on success, stability, and resources greater than their own. Nurses and cops/firefighters might be the only exception :p

Men, on the other hand, often prioritize looks over things like common sense, mental health, and even education until they learn better. Of course, the hotter the girl, the more she is accustomed to getting whatever she wants, and the more warped her sense of normal relationships and experiences because every guy accommodates her whims. I feel like Hollywood twists this even further, reducing a woman to nothing BUT her looks.

I bet her agents are telling her to knock it off before she completely loses the crucial 40 year old chud market.

E-Cat

Well, women tend to only date peers or higher, in my experience a professional woman will NEVER date down. They seem to place more emphasis on success, stability, and resources greater than their own. Nurses and cops/firefighters might be the only exception :p
So the more successful a woman becomes, the more she will limit her dating pool; whereas the opposite is true for men.
Men, on the other hand, often prioritize looks over things like common sense, mental health, and even education until they learn better. Of course, the hotter the girl, the more she is accustomed to getting whatever she wants, and the more warped her sense of normal relationships and experiences because every guy accommodates her whims. I feel like Hollywood twists this even further, reducing a woman to nothing BUT her looks.
I feel like for men, looks is the #1 most important thing. A good personality, education, etc. are appreciated and wanted, but secondary. For women the #1 thing is money and power, then comes talent, sense of humour, looks. Though for a purely sexual relationship, looks counts higher for women too.

Fake

Gold Member

Last time I remember this happens as well on that horrible Cowboy Bebop TV series. That lady insulted a loads of fans of the original series because the zero source material that people complain.

Those people need to realize that a man don't speak for the men, as same as a woman don't speak for the women. As soon as they learn this maybe they can stop to sabotate themselves.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
But why get involved with a man you despise in the first place? Is it because they're attracted to his power despite secretly hating him? And wanting power for themselves so that that thing no longer makes them attracted to him? I guess I kind of see the logic.

That's not what I said. It's not about attraction or sex or anything like that. Read it again.

Eiknarf

Banned
Is she as hated as, say, Gwyneth Paltrow, or Meghan Markle ?

It released during COVID but released simultaneously on HBO Max... Of course it bombed! The quality of the film, acting, singing, dancing, set design wasn't an issue. Keilar fucked it up with dual releasing it during the pandemic.
Spider-Man: No Way Home released at around the same time and didn’t bomb.

Also, the simultaneous release was in the US only and the movie bombed worldwide.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Spider-Man: No Way Home released at around the same time and didn’t bomb.

Also, the simultaneous release was in the US only and the movie bombed worldwide.

Spider-Man didn't dual release. And they're not the same kind of movie... It's a stage musical and it's a period piece. Not exactly recipe for big box office. Not even Grease was a big box office draw.

Also keep in mind that it wasn't exactly marketed well. And it's a very American story. Which won't work well with international audiences.

Spider-Man didn't dual release. And they're not the same kind of movie... It's a stage musical and it's a period piece. Not exactly recipe for big box office. Not even Grease was a big box office draw.

Also keep in mind that it wasn't exactly marketed well. And it's a very American story. Which won't work well with international audiences.
True, it’s not the same as Spider-Man but we agree that we can scratch the COVID excuse though, right?

Btw, does this website say that the movie was only releasing in theatres?

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/west-side-story/how-to-watch

Maybe it didn’t release on VOD at the same time then?

And finally, what are you talking about Grease wasn’t a big boxoffice draw? It was the highest grossing movie in its release year.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
True, it’s not the same as Spider-Man but we agree that we can scratch the COVID excuse though, right?

Btw, does this website say that the movie was only releasing in theatres?

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/west-side-story/how-to-watch

Maybe it didn’t release on VOD at the same time then?

And finally, what are you talking about Grease wasn’t a big boxoffice draw? It was the highest grossing movie in its release year.

Ok... good points.

But was your initial assertion that the flopped because of Rachel Zegler? Because that's where all the hate seems to come from in this thread.

Top Bottom