• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

jason10mm

Gold Member
They can’t shoot in the US. There was a story yesterday about how production of House of the Dragon is continuing as normal because it’s shot in the UK. Most fantasy films seem to be shot in Europe or New Zealand.

Equity, the UK equivalent of SAG-AFTRA, has said the strike isn’t legal under UK law and so actors should continue to work, even SAG-AFTRA members. Their statement seems to suggest they expect productions to move to the UK.
Good grief, that Equity statement was written with words found only in the Communist Dictionary. No matter how you feel about unions that should bother you.

So if Disney now acknowledges the photos as related to the production, I can only hope this was some sort of camera test and that kaleidoscope set of cloth patterns and cuts has a technical purpose and the people are tech folk just having fun with it.

MayauMiao

73217161-0-image-a-155_1689335676216.jpg

Leak music video of the movie.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I literally burst out laughing when I read what are they planning to do with this remake.

Disney is getting so predictable to the point of just being boring at this point but I bet they're still banking on the fact that someone out there will be malding over their cheap corporate pandering so that they could plaster "racism and misogyny" all over tabloids and congratulate themselves for fighting the good fight against the wretched white patriarchy or whatever.

The good thing is that in 20 years, nobody will remember about this pathetic era of woke remakes, while classic animated movies will still be remembered fondly.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Too racist. It should be something like "Diverse, Strong Female and Seven Vertically Challenged, Multicultural People"

I mean, come on, man. Go grab yourself some Orwell and brush up on that doublespeak, stat.

Snow White will indeed be a strong female.

Co-written by Barbie's Greta Gerwig, the upcoming adaptation will not feature a Prince Charming and will instead focus on a 'stronger' Snow White who dreams of becoming a leader.
Ms Zegler previously addressed reports that the film was trying to be politically correct, claiming that the story needed 'refreshing'.
She said: 'People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White... yeah, it is - because it needed that.
'Our version is a refreshing story about a young woman who has a function beyond Someday My Prince Will Come.'

jason10mm

Gold Member
Snow White will indeed be a strong female.
Good grief at that Gereig quote.

"MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, who is the most tactically proficient, has the best ground game, the highest striking force with a round house kick, can drink everyone one else under the table?"

"Alas my queen, it is now a thin, petite, teenaged girl who has been cloistered away as a scullery maid her entire life....."

Sheesh. Now if they want to do an Amazonian 300 version of Snow White with a bunch of WWE and MMA girls, I'm down with that, but the Kirsten Stewart version showed that a more dynamic, action oriented SW doesn't really work, as her defining traits to threaten the queen where her grace, kindness, friendship, and yes, beauty. DEFINITELY not characteristics worthy of girls today, no sir!

SJRB

Gold Member
Disney: let's take a classic tale everyone knows and loves, and change literally everything about it that people love
Also Disney: why is no one watching our movies? We're hemorrhaging money! O well, let's try it again.

The very definition of insanity.

Studios like Disney still have way, way too much money. If you literally lost a BILLION dollars on movies over the last couple of years and you still keep trucking ahead, things are going too well for you still.

NahaNago

I mean what did you expect from a current day live action Disney movie remake?

I've been thinking of late that I want a Korean version of snow white. A kdrama movie of it seems like it would be amazing.

As bad as they were, Aladdin and Lion King were right to make sure they were authentic to the regions these movies existed in. The Little Mermaid, it didn't matter what color the fishes were. But Snow White and the Seven Dwarves are supposed to be a white woman and a bunch of midgets. This is stupid. If you avoid white people in general that's just racism in another direction. It's like they're actively trying too hard and is ingenunine.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

Disney: let's take a classic tale everyone knows and loves, and change literally everything about it that people love
Also Disney: why is no one watching our movies? We're hemorrhaging money! O well, let's try it again.

The very definition of insanity.

Studios like Disney still have way, way too much money. If you literally lost a BILLION dollars on movies over the last couple of years and you still keep trucking ahead, things are going too well for you still.
Hollywood keeps trying to do IP sleight of hand. The problem for them is that everyone is wise to it now.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Ill wait for the first trailer to see where they are going. But if these end up being the seven dwarves or "magical creatures" I agree it ain't looking good.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
If dwarfs is an issue today, why make the fucking movie?!

Disney are so lazy it's embarrassing.

The dwarfs are what made Disney's Snow White a classic movie. Snow White herself never was an interesting character, she didn't have an ounce of character . The prince was another wooden puppet. The dwarfs however, every single one of them, had real character, they provided the jokes, they were the heart of the movie. And now Disney is dumb enough to replace the only characters the public really cared about in the original movie with a bunch of diversity hires because Peter Dinklage told them so.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The dwarfs are what made Disney's Snow White a classic movie. Snow White herself never was an interesting character, she didn't have an ounce of character . The prince was another wooden puppet. The dwarfs however, every single one of them, had real character, they provided the jokes, they were the heart of the movie. And now Disney is dumb enough to replace the only characters the public really cared about in the original movie with a bunch of diversity hires because Peter Dinklage told them so.
Are you not interested in stronk woman snowhite that has no need for princes and help whatsoever?

SJRB

Gold Member
If dwarfs is an issue today, why make the fucking movie?!

Disney are so lazy it's embarrassing.

But are they an issue though?

There are plenty ways to get dwarves in your movie without resorting to people with actual dwarfism.

Top Bottom