• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, no, she was describing it as a cult.

135398968420492142573057.gif

At least you guys are Batman this time. Zzzz Superman shirts. ;)

I still got a lot of cutting to do over the next couple of months, but I'm really happy with the amount of back/trap size I've put on over the past year. They realy lagged behind up until recently. Hopefully once I'm cut down some more I'll look more beastly.

RoeBear

Had a good arm workout and decided to use the lighting in my room to my advantage. I don't have the vascularity of Imm0rt4l or Cooter though :/
Zs9Sxkh.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
At least you guys are Batman this time. Zzzz Superman shirts. ;)

I still got a lot of cutting to do over the next couple of months, but I'm really happy with the amount of back/trap size I've put on over the past year. They realy lagged behind up until recently. Hopefully once I'm cut down some more I'll look more beastly.
Hold your tongue. I'm taking a Superman one next week just for you now!

How are you 5'10 and 190? Blows my mind. So much mass!

Fuck vascularity. I've grown to learn I'll never have the veins where I want them. This is a really old pic but it shows how vascular I get in my torso:

efOw6VG.jpg

All that leanness and still no bicep veins.

And yes I was as cut as can be without being stage ready.

485841_10151687001380082_1107175477_n.jpg

Also wow I took horrible photos back then.

Hold your tongue. I'm taking a Superman one next week just for you now!

How are you 5'10 and 190? Blows my mind. So much mass!
Haha, I' like 225 right now actually. I should be about 210 when I'm near the end of the cut, we'll see.

Also I just bought a Sinestro Corp shirt. Prepare to get bodied.

Cooter

Haha, I' like 225 right now actually. I should be about 210 when I'm near the end of the cut, we'll see.

Also I just bought a Sinestro Corp shirt. Prepare to get bodied.
Oh..... gotcha. That makes way more sense. I couldn't figure it out being as I'm a pretty big 185-190 I just didn't understand how it was possible.

RoeBear, whenever you're ready post them up! Rocking some huge guns at the moment though!

Sadetar

Your compliments always make me smile. :) I don't want to post in Cooter's progress thread yet because I don't feel like I'm at my goal for right now, but I always feel safe posting in here!
Awwwww. ^_^

Well, your photo made me smile so I am just returning the favour. :p

Also I would say that you can feel safe to post in there whenever you just feel like it! You have awesome arms!
I also love your chest and your face looks very cute. Plus I stalk that one as well and I am extremely curious now. ;)
I can't wait to see Sadetar full body gains.

that sounded less bad in my head. I just like to see before and after progress photos.
Hahahahahahah. I don't know what kind of full body gains you are hoping to see. :p

But with all honesty considering what I look liked when I started it will take some time before I am where I would actually like to be. Most likely it will take at least a year or two.

I will post some sort of full body comparison photos at some point to that thread though to show where I currently am. I am in no rush and I know I am going to the right direction. At least my face has responded quite well to the diet and work out. :D
Lol, and no pressure from your comments at all. ;)

Darth, sweetie pie, nobody is looking at your veins. With all that awesomeness of you, they have their eyes in totally different places.
I love every single photo you have ever posted. Especially the gifs you shared. ;p

First week at the new gym. the transition has been kinda rocky. Bombarded my body with all kinds of demonic substances this week.

Anyway, I shouldve been more thorough with my research. The quality of the plates here is ass. Most of this shit looks like its been vandalised or cracked.

Sigh, whatever. It will just make accurate measurement of lifting inaccurate.

Fuzzery

This is all wonderful - thank you so much! I can actually do over half of those workouts in the video from home. I have a bar on an overhanging shelving unit I build that I can use for a good deal of them.

As another note, outside of Ski, I eat/drink very healthy. My normal calorie amount is only around 1800/day, if that, and I track all of my fats, carbs, proteins, and fibers (for digestion things). On days that I drink a can of Ski, I always compensate elsewhere in my sugar intake. I'm still a pretty skinny guy.

Thank you again for the great reply - it's exactly what I'm looking for and didn't come off as if I'm inferior to you. I know it's technically easier to go to the gym, but I'm very adamantly against paying money to workout, when I know it's possible to do it for free at home or in a park. If I can't get a perfect body, I'm more than OK with a solidly toned one.

Glad to help. Also, sugar gets a really bad rep, but there are times where it's fine or even helpful. If you drink the soda right after your workouts or after intense mental exertion, it should be ok.

There's one thing that calisthenics isn't so good at working though, and that's your posterior chain. Deadlifts, farmer's walks, that family of exercises. Building muscle should be easier with free weights too.

Hmmm.. I'm legitimately curious why you are against paying for a membership. To me, it's the ease, atmosphere, and convenience i'm paying for. It's the same as buying membership at a facility with a pool. They maintain it for you, and you don't have to have a pool or drive to a public pool or the ocean or a lake to swim. Even though you could, it's a hassle.

Glad to help. Also, sugar gets a really bad rep, but there are times where it's fine or even helpful. If you drink the soda right after your workouts or after intense mental exertion, it should be ok.

There's one thing that calisthenics isn't so good at working though, and that's your posterior chain. Deadlifts, farmer's walks, that family of exercises. Building muscle should be easier with free weights too.

Hmmm.. I'm legitimately curious why you are against paying for a membership. To me, it's the ease, atmosphere, and convenience i'm paying for. It's the same as buying membership at a facility with a pool. They maintain it for you, and you don't have to have a pool or drive to a public pool or the ocean or a lake to swim. Even though you could, it's a hassle.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. What is the posterior chain? Can you elaborate?

In regards to the last paragraph, there are a few reasons:
1. Time - it's 15 minutes to the nearest gym. To go there and back would be the length of a workout.
2. Money - I don't have much and would rather spend it on 401k savings, healthy food, Ski (seriously this stuff is amazing), carpentry, my wife, dogs, etc. I'm already fit by some standards - I run a few times a week, I eat fairly well, I have <8% bodyfat, and I don't have any medical levels out of the desired range; so, fitness expenses are among the last on my budget list since it's not a need, it's a want.
3. I'm a somewhat private person and like to work out on my own.

And lastly, I've been able to do what I have so far without a gym membership. If I can keep that up but extend my regime for my appearance to look a little better, then I'm going to do it. I don't have anything against people that go to gyms (though I have had some bad experiences with gym goers looking down on me, which is probably where some of my hostility comes from). It's just not something I want to be a part of.

Bowser

What? I'm confused. If you are sitting at < 8%, your abs/pecs should be out in full force.

Yeah, I'm probably around 13ish% BF and I have just the slightest definition around my stomach/abs. If he's less than 8% he should have a ripped, defined six-pack...

I have some definition. It's more of like a 2.5 pack though and my pecks are basically flush with my abs. Like I said, I'm skinny. I've always been a cardio person, so my muscles aren't much to write home about. That's sort of my goal to change - I've never done any strength training, just lots of running and biking and hiking.
Also, that body fat thing was done with a cheapo $5 caliper, so it could be up a little higher. That was just what it said.

I have some definition. It's more of like a 2.5 pack though and my pecks are basically flush with my abs. Like I said, I'm skinny. I've always been a cardio person, so my muscles aren't much to write home about. That's sort of my goal to change - I've never done any strength training, just lots of running and biking and hiking.
Also, that body fat thing was done with a cheapo $5 caliper, so it could be up a little higher. That was just what it said.

gotcha, yeah I would guess to say you are prolly more closer to teens but can't really say without a pic

farmers tan/10

I know right? I need a tan.

moocow

Doing an underwear run in ~ 1 month. Time to go into overdrive with working out the most important vanity muscle. GLUTES

Leeness

Yay! I will most likely get those glasses then. :p Also I think that my face quite quickly responds to good or bad diet and working out. But yes, feels good to see at least some results! I have missed my cheeckbones (even though it is a pain to find glasses that would fit them since they are quite prominent and high).

I feel you there - sucks to buy clothes that end up being either the wrong size or for wrong purpose! (Even if I can jump and run without a bra at all and still feel fine. I bought a sport bra because Zoe an Cooper in here told me to)

You do have great facial structure! :D Did you get the glasses?

Also, noooooo, I thought you'd understand! Haha. I am jealous that you can (could, probably best to have a sports bra anyway) go braless. :p Mine are burdensome and useless :(

Edit: FE!!!!!! That booty!

iTsyehi.gif

Fuzzery

Thanks, appreciate the advice. What is the posterior chain? Can you elaborate?

In regards to the last paragraph, there are a few reasons:
1. Time - it's 15 minutes to the nearest gym. To go there and back would be the length of a workout.
2. Money - I don't have much and would rather spend it on 401k savings, healthy food, Ski (seriously this stuff is amazing), carpentry, my wife, dogs, etc. I'm already fit by some standards - I run a few times a week, I eat fairly well, I have <8% bodyfat, and I don't have any medical levels out of the desired range; so, fitness expenses are among the last on my budget list since it's not a need, it's a want.
3. I'm a somewhat private person and like to work out on my own.

And lastly, I've been able to do what I have so far without a gym membership. If I can keep that up but extend my regime for my appearance to look a little better, then I'm going to do it. I don't have anything against people that go to gyms (though I have had some bad experiences with gym goers looking down on me, which is probably where some of my hostility comes from). It's just not something I want to be a part of.

Anatomically, the posterior chain consists of the muscles in the posterior half of the body. If you cut your body in half so that the front of back of your body are separated, everything on the back is the posterior chain. The traps and upper back can be trained pretty well, but the lower back, hip muscles, glutes, and hamstrings, are hard to train with just calisthenics.

Imm0rt4l

badass pic

<3

Your body is phenomenal.

^ideal body type right here.

Looking swole as fuck. We really need a black batman.

Thanks for all the love guys! was an ig pic I thought I'd share, back to skwattin.

You're a big guy.
For you
Then I saw Imm0rt4ls badass Batman pic and I happened to be wearing mine too so I copied. Imm0rt4l's smaller lighter brother checking in!

06a37957-87df-485e-b019-b36e001a6b41.jpg

das it mane

Anustart

Thought I'd finally post here since today marked my first month anniversary at the gym.

its only been a month and the results have been great so far. Can't wait to see what I look like after 3 months.

While its all pretty pathetic, I've made great strides. The first day I could barely bench 135 twice. Now I can do 3 sets 5 reps like nothing, moving up the weight next time. Same thing across the board. Only thing I wish was better was my squats. I have some odd injury with my left foot that really bothers me during squats.

Sadetar

You do have great facial structure! :D Did you get the glasses?

Also, noooooo, I thought you'd understand! Haha. I am jealous that you can (could, probably best to have a sports bra anyway) go braless. :p Mine are burdensome and useless :(
Awww, thanks cutie - you are always so kind!

I booked a time to check my eye sight on Wednesday and I will order the glasses then. It will most likely take couple weeks to get them. I have just been a bit hesitant since they are so much bigger than my previous ones and I have those massive high cheecks that I need to add a bit extra to the nose part to prevent them of constantly touching the previously mentioned cheeks. :p Would be easier to get plastic frames if they wouldn't be so high.

Come on, nice big tits are never useless
at least I love them!
. I would say that they are still worth having. Mine haven't never bothered me in any way though so that is an additional bonus.

booty and thighs baybeee
Ooh yeah! Like a boss! <3

I wish mine would look even half as good. :p Maybe one day.

ILoveBish

Finished my 9th 3s week today with squats. 355x3, of which I got a 1x2 and a 1x1. On a cut this big, I'm beyond happy. Going to take a few days off and see how 1s week goes. I might even hit a few of them, who knows!

Everyone is looking beastly as usual. With evo this weekend, it's stream monstering and gym all weekend.

Starting Monday: I'm going Semi-Vegetarian (Pescetarian - Practice of following a diet that includes fish and ovo-lacto - Includes dairy and egg products) for a month.

Looking forward to it.

Starting Monday: I'm going Semi-Vegetarian (Pescetarian - Practice of following a diet that includes fish and ovo-lacto - Includes dairy and egg products) for a month.

Looking forward to it.

Good stuff. My fiancee was a vegetarian (ate animal products such as dairy and eggs but no animal flesh including no fish) for a year as an experiment and I ate tons of vegetarian meals with her of course. Vegetarian food is tasty. Beans in particular became a favorite of mine.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anatomically, the posterior chain consists of the muscles in the posterior half of the body. If you cut your body in half so that the front of back of your body are separated, everything on the back is the posterior chain. The traps and upper back can be trained pretty well, but the lower back, hip muscles, glutes, and hamstrings, are hard to train with just calisthenics.

Glute raises can be done with calisthenics and provide a decent workout there, but yeah, I'm not sure how you would really give your hamstrings, quads, hip muscles, etc. a good workout with just your own body weight.

Imm0rt4l

Your forearms are INSANE. Any tips? Do you isolate them?
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.
I wish I could give you tips but I just have popeye forearms. I think they've been unusually large since high school when i was in JROTC twirling rifles that were ~10 lbs. To be fair the angle of the pic will make it seem a even more flattering. I dont isolate my forearms. I wish my biceps would grow just as easily.

Pakoe

I wish I could give you tips but I just have popeye forearms. I think they've been unusually large since high school when i was in JROTC twirling rifles that were ~10 lbs. To be fair the angle of the pic will make it seem a even more flattering. I dont isolate my forearms. I wish my biceps would grow just as easily.

Mirin hard, mine won't grow at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Looking forward to it.

Let us know how (and if) it affects your work.

Glute raises can be done with calisthenics and provide a decent workout there, but yeah, I'm not sure how you would really give your hamstrings, quads, hip muscles, etc. a good workout with just your own body weight.

I'm not sure either but I guess jumping exercises are the way to go without lifting weights.

Cooter

Mirin hard, mine won't grow at all.
Heavy DLs. Lots of pull ups with weight and without. Also try getting a couple handheld coil loaded squeezers if you're serious. I did hundreds upon hundreds a day when I was a teenager. I can't help but think they contributed to my out of proportion forearms.

Anyone here doing 16/8 intermittent fasting? Got any tips? I fancy trying it for a while and what I'm most concerned about is fitting my intake into such a tiny period of time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here doing 16/8 intermittent fasting? Got any tips? I fancy trying it for a while and what I'm most concerned about is fitting my intake into such a tiny period of time.

As in 16 hours of no eating followed by an 8 hour window for eating? That really doesn't seem very hard. It's pretty much just eating lunch and dinner.

Eat around noon, then at 7pm or so and you're set.

Not in my world it isn't. It works out as starting eating at 4pm and finishing at midnight (the plan works around breaking your fast immediately after your workout). Can't really do it any other way because of how my work hours are.

As it is I struggle to hit my protein intake from time to time and now I've got about half the time to fit it in. Still want to give it a try for a while though.

Edit - Ironically it would probably work out better for me if I could stay up a bit later, but missing sleep isn't a good idea.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not in my world it isn't. It works out as starting eating at 4pm and finishing at midnight (the plan works around breaking your fast immediately after your workout). Can't really do it any other way because of how my work hours are.

As it is I struggle to hit my protein intake from time to time and now I've got about half the time to fit it in.

That does confound things a bit, then.

What's the logic behind fasting through your workout and only breaking it immediately afterwards, by the way?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This has more detail: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting/chapter-6

Even more on the leangains.com site.

Makes sense, but I wonder if the same or similar couldn't be achieved by simply eating high fat/mid protein/zero carbs in an afternoon meal, and then going high carb/high protein on the meal after the workout. Most of the benefits listed should still apply as long as you haven't elevated your blood sugar.

Interesting stuff, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom